post #5671 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I am not a Seb fan, but at some point you have to wonder what the hell the deal is with his run of reliability issues.

Is it all just bad luck, are all his mechanics and engineers sabotaging his car, or is there just something unique about his driving style that breaks his equipment?

If Hamilton thought there was somehow a conspiracy against him at Merc, imagine what he would be thinking in Seb's shoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
I am not a Seb fan, but at some point you have to wonder what the hell the deal is with his run of reliability issues.

Is it all just bad luck, are all his mechanics and engineers sabotaging his car, or is there just something unique about his driving style that breaks his equipment?

If Hamilton thought there was somehow a conspiracy against him at Merc, imagine what he would be thinking in Seb's shoes.
My guess is he got stuck with Webbers crew. They were/are masters of mucking things up.😱
post #5673 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/0...rs-from-now-on

Toto, please, for the love of all things sacred, STFU about this.

If a driver wants a teammate to move over, step one is to be completely up his gearbox and show that you are being held up. Otherwise, fark off.

The team has been nuancing this since the last race. Enough. I don't get the constant need to discuss this in the press.
Tell us how you really feel.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #5674 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
I believe Max has a future in government if he so desires.

http://en.espnf1.com/marussia/motors...ry/171955.html

Here is a gem:

Asked if it was about money, Chilton said: "That's a very easy way to come up with an idea. But what I did yesterday and the reason I was out of a drive yesterday was, I like to believe, due to a decision between both of us, and that got changed overnight. I'm not going to start getting into the details."

Yup, it was ALL about money. :-)

Damn. What a mind**** for Rossi.

"It's been a busy 24 hours, lots of things have changed and there have been lots of rumours that are not true. They are the first things people think of but there is a lot more going on behind the scenes and I'm always here to do the most I can for the team. That's why what happened yesterday was created and overnight that change was changed and I was put in the car this morning. "

Yes Yes Yes, your backers came up with the cash, we get it.
post #5675 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/08/toto-wolff-spells-out-how-mercedes-will-play-team-orders-from-now-on

Toto, please, for the love of all things sacred, STFU about this.

If a driver wants a teammate to move over, step one is to be completely up his gearbox and show that you are being held up. Otherwise, fark off.

The team has been nuancing this since the last race. Enough. I don't get the constant need to discuss this in the press.
I think these guys are still kind of new to the spotlight and starting to feel like celebrities with people hanging on every word. They seem to be buying into the hype which is a dead end road.

When they quit winning so much (everyone does) they will have their learning moment because no one will care about their team orders.

People will say what they will about Vettel and Horner but they are handling this non winning period pretty well, save for a few exceptions.
post #5676 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

People will say what they will about Vettel and Horner but they are handling this non winning period pretty well, save for a few exceptions.
Agreed, you don't really see them pouting and whining when crap hits the fan. Horner does come up with some WTF statements every now and then but for the most part they have done well managing the mayhem.
post #5677 of 5677 Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Just read this extremely interesting piece comparing Hamilton and Rosberg on The Telegraph Web site. for obvious reasons I thought it would be a Brit-centric puffing of Hamilton. But it wasn't. The author, Daniel Johnson did a detailed comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of each driver and concluded that although they are very different, Hamilton and Rosberg are evenly matched. It made sense to me. Anyway, Johnson's piece was a lot of fun. Highly recommended!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page