post #5701 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Milka.
Shake, shake, shake! Danica Patrick eat your heart-out!

Home Theater Aficionado

Last edited by Zenyatto; 08-24-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
And now the damage control begins….

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115558

Everything was misunderstood, and we all will sing Kumbaya over dinner. :-)

BGL
At this point in time,as far as Merc. is concerned,silence is golden.
post #5703 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
At this point in time,as far as Merc. is concerned,silence is golden.
I was just thinking that, while I would hate for F1 to take on NASCAR style, scripted, vacuous press commentary where no one says anything, at some point Merc could really use the advice of some PR people. I guess you can't have it both ways.
post #5704 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Toto Wolf's problem with his drivers keeps getting....

BIGGER !!!

Now Mercedes will be forced to take a stand...

IMO... Wolf and friends won't be able to "spin" this around.

Video clearly shows Nico turning in on Hamilton.
post #5705 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

http://thejudge13.com/2014/08/24/f1-features-the-deflation-of-puncture-gate/

Another interesting point of view.
post #5706 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
I enjoyed Eddie doing crowd control on the podium. Good stuff,good race.
Couldn't agree more, both that it was a terrific race and that Eddie Jordan was absolutely right to chastise the overwrought Hamilton fans who were booing Rosberg. Just when I thought that no fans on earth could be more clueless than the Philadelphia Eagle's fans, who once booed Santa Claus at an Eagle's game had been, the Hamilton fans at Spa proved me wrong. To my eyes and I suggest to the eyes of every other observer of the collision it was a "racing incident." Case closed!
post #5707 of 6641 Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Buxton just sent this out:

@WillB uxton: I don't have the exact quotes, but Lewis just told the print press that Nico admitted in debrief he deliberately hit him to prove a point.
----------------
I don't doubt that Rosberg said that. I just don't believe it. This ain't NASCAR. You can't hit another car with high risk of damaging your own. I think Rosberg is demonstrating that he is not only immune to whatever mind games Hamilton might try to play, but that he himself is a master at winding Hamilton up and letting him go.

I love it. :-)
And if it were Nascar then Hamilton would have decked him. But the glorified twinks in F1 would never resort to any sort of physicality.

I missed the whole incident and first three laps of the race. Thanks Unimas. I have no idea why they had an issue, but oh well. I won't comment as I only saw a quick replay.

As for the rest of the race, it was pretty uneventful. RB2 did a great job and looks to be an upgrade over Webber. Down in the field, there was a pretty good race between the McLarens, Alonso and Vettel. Of course, the tifosi probably think Alonso was wronged.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #5708 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Hey, if Senna and Prost can run into each other on purpose, these guys can do it.

never take life seriously
post #5709 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
As for the rest of the race, it was pretty uneventful. RB2 did a great job and looks to be an upgrade over Webber. Down in the field, there was a pretty good race between the McLarens, Alonso and Vettel. Of course, the tifosi probably think Alonso was wronged.
Although I think that Mark Weber is a good guy, particularly by F1 standards, I agree that Ricciardo has been a significant upgrade for Red Bull. Weber was a decent driver but was never a threat to win a Drivers' Championship. Ricciardo, on the other hand, just might win one or more before he's done.
post #5710 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Although I think that Mark Weber is a good guy, particularly by F1 standards, I agree that Ricciardo has been a significant upgrade for Red Bull. Weber was a decent driver but was never a threat to win a Drivers' Championship. Ricciardo, on the other hand, just might win one or more before he's done.
I am this close to dropping $50 on a Ricciardo hat at Speedgear. :-) The fact that he has wiped the floor with Seb, PLUS won three races already has for me been the happiest surprise of the 2014 season. Plus, he chose #3 as a tribute to Dale Earnhardt, and even has a Dale-style #3 on the top of his helmet.

I will say this though, hiding behind that big smile is I guy that is an absolute shark when the visor comes down. He says the right things to the media, but if he did not already, he clearly has 100% confidence in his ability to run with anyone on the grid. It is a blast watching the guy drive.
Sharp1080 and Tack like this.
post #5711 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I find the love for Ricc kind of interesting and humorous. I bet one could and probably did say the same thing about any young driver that was highly successful.

While Dan has driven better than Seb this year, it isn't like Vettel has forgotten how to drive. My guess is that the responsibleness of being a champion and the new regs have contributed to him not performing up to par. I bet next year he is right back on top.

Now, lets hear some more Hamilton/ Rosberg gossip!

post #5712 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
I am this close to dropping $50 on a Ricciardo hat at Speedgear. :-) The fact that he has wiped the floor with Seb, PLUS won three races already has for me been the happiest surprise of the 2014 season. Plus, he chose #3 as a tribute to Dale Earnhardt, and even has a Dale-style #3 on the top of his helmet.

I will say this though, hiding behind that big smile is I guy that is an absolute shark when the visor comes down. He says the right things to the media, but if he did not already, he clearly has 100% confidence in his ability to run with anyone on the grid. It is a blast watching the guy drive.
I agree. Order one for me too.

Like Alonso, he is doing what has too be done, even though the RB is not, at this time, equal to the Mercedes.
post #5713 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Well that was quite a race. I hope Rosberg doesn't waste this opportunity. We need a need bad guy. I think he should grow his hair, maybe a scruffy beard, show up in a dirty firesuit, and start hanging out with the sluttier grid girls. Hamilton is already freaked out, that would push him over the edge.
BGLeduc, yankeeman and gprace like this.
post #5714 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
I find the love for Ricc kind of interesting and humorous. I bet one could and probably did say the same thing about any young driver that was highly successful.
A 4 time WDC (on the trot, no less) is expected to take whatever equipment he has and extract the maximum from it. And he is expected to beat his team mate. No excuses. For reference, see: Alonso, F.

When was the last time a young driver took a seat next to a reigning, 4 time WDC and destroyed him?

I don't think you are giving Daniel his due.
zeus33 likes this.
post #5715 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Well that was quite a race. I hope Rosberg doesn't waste this opportunity. We need a need bad guy. I think he should grow his hair, maybe a scruffy beard, show up in a dirty firesuit, and start hanging out with the sluttier grid girls. Hamilton is already freaked out, that would push him over the edge.
You know, I am down with the idea of Nico banging some slutty grid girls (aren't we all???). But while I don't think Nico's new wife would be down with the idea, I think he ought to maybe make a play for a certain ex-Pussy Cat Doll. Now THAT would pretty much consign Hamilton to the nearest psych ward. :-)
stevew24963 likes this.
post #5716 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

post #5717 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 245
I'm not going to touch the Lewis / Nico topic. I will just say WOW. Lewis' luck has to change at some point. It's quite disappointing to see him hampered by all of this crap.

Not like it needs mentioning, but Nico was passing someone with the DRS open and his car had a 28 kmh advantage over the other car! Talk about slingshotting by.

Congrats to DR! Another great drive. Given, he wouldn't have won if Merc didn't have issues, but the kid drove his ass off and capitalized on the situation. It's so refreshing to see such a big smile and enjoyment from him. I hope he doesn't become tainted like the other drivers after a while.

Just more proof of how much better the aero is on the RBs versus everyone else. That rear wing was TINY! And the car still stuck in the corners. Vettel was getting some squirming, but he was on the paint quite a bit more than DR.

Good drive by Kimi...finally! It sucks Alonso got the penalty and then the traffic and wing damage.

Some pretty good scrapping going on with Alonso, Button and Vettel.

I know it's the commentators job to hype the situation and try to get the viewers on the edge of their seat, but come on man.....a 5 year old could do the math and see that Nico wasn't going to pass DR. IIRC, it was 8 laps with a 22 second deficit. That means that Nico would have to average 2.75 seconds per lap, just to catch DR, much less pass him. Not going to happen. Yeah, he took 3 seconds out on 1 lap, but the gains diminished quickly after that. One of the guys made a comment about the camera staying on the actual racing for 5th place instead of showing the leader. Well, when Nico is 3 seconds behind DR, there isn't much excitement of watching DR on a Sunday drive.
post #5718 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
We all miss James Hunt, don't we?
post #5719 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo3 View Post
We all miss James Hunt, don't we?

Exactly
post #5720 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
I'm not going to touch the Lewis / Nico topic. I will just say WOW. Lewis' luck has to change at some point. It's quite disappointing to see him hampered by all of this crap.

Not like it needs mentioning, but Nico was passing someone with the DRS open and his car had a 28 kmh advantage over the other car! Talk about slingshotting by.

Congrats to DR! Another great drive. Given, he wouldn't have won if Merc didn't have issues, but the kid drove his ass off and capitalized on the situation. It's so refreshing to see such a big smile and enjoyment from him. I hope he doesn't become tainted like the other drivers after a while.

Just more proof of how much better the aero is on the RBs versus everyone else. That rear wing was TINY! And the car still stuck in the corners. Vettel was getting some squirming, but he was on the paint quite a bit more than DR.

Good drive by Kimi...finally! It sucks Alonso got the penalty and then the traffic and wing damage.

Some pretty good scrapping going on with Alonso, Button and Vettel.

I know it's the commentators job to hype the situation and try to get the viewers on the edge of their seat, but come on man.....a 5 year old could do the math and see that Nico wasn't going to pass DR. IIRC, it was 8 laps with a 22 second deficit. That means that Nico would have to average 2.75 seconds per lap, just to catch DR, much less pass him. Not going to happen. Yeah, he took 3 seconds out on 1 lap, but the gains diminished quickly after that. One of the guys made a comment about the camera staying on the actual racing for 5th place instead of showing the leader. Well, when Nico is 3 seconds behind DR, there isn't much excitement of watching DR on a Sunday drive.
When Nico was on that fresh rubber he looked like an LMP weaving through the slower class.

Yeah, looks like Newey is going to go out performing another miracle. That wing was almost non-existent.

Merc has to be really missing Brawn about now. All this garbage wouldn't be anywhere near this bad if he was there. If Daniel wins the title the mass firings will be on a scale heretofore unseen on this earth.
post #5721 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Vettel does a full lap of Sochi in an Infinity road car.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/08/25/v...astian-vettel/

Nothing says wind noise like an externally mounted GoPro.

Kind of shame though that they had to use the RB #2 driver for the lap. Danny was probably busy polishing his trophies. :-)
TeflonSoul likes this.
post #5722 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Vettel does a full lap of Sochi in an Infinity road car.

It may just be that it's a street car and really slow, but that track isn't very exciting. Hopefully it's different when the boys come to town.
post #5723 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
It may just be that it's a street car and really slow, but that track isn't very exciting. Hopefully it's different when the boys come to town.
Hopefully Putin doesn't start WW3 by then.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #5724 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Something to look at. http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/94...lonso-Do-Next-

post #5725 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hopefully Putin doesn't start WW3 by then.

He drove a Renault when Petrov was in F1. He will probably sneak onto the grid in place of Kvyatt.
post #5726 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
While I really haven't followed closely,it seems stadiums are full for the Supercross events and the Outdoor series looks well attended here from what races I've seen. I really haven't followed since the days of Bob Hannah,Brock Glover and Magoo Chandler. That's going a ways back.

Yeah, stadiums are still full but when I've watched todays Supercross, the excitement doesn't feel anywhere near the days of Carmichael, Emig, Hughes, McGrath, Windham, Tortelli, Albertyn and so on…
post #5727 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Something to look at. http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/94...lonso-Do-Next-

One of the blogs I read recently said that Fred made a public visit to the RB motor home while at Spa.

Let's see.... Seb to the red car, where he figures he can handle Kimi. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

Hamilton running home to his daddy at McLaren to get away from that mean, mean teammate.

Fred to RB? I don't see Fred or anyone else wanting Daniel as a team mate given how he has totally bitch slapped Vettel in an equal car.

Maybe Fred to Merc? The master of the mind-f*ck paired up with someone that is showing to be pretty damn good at the same game? Jedi mind tricks only work on a weak mind. Nico may not find Fred to be quite so easy to wind up as Lewis.

I can't recall the last season with this much on and off track drama.
post #5728 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Jason Nortey posted this link on planetf1

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/06/sp...8507.html?_r=1

The article is quite relevant concerning the Rosberg Hamilton fiasco
BGLeduc likes this.
post #5729 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinroad View Post
Jason Nortey posted this link on planetf1

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/06/sp...8507.html?_r=1

The article is quite relevant concerning the Rosberg Hamilton fiasco
Relevant indeed! Good stuff there.
post #5730 of 6641 Old 08-25-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
A 4 time WDC (on the trot, no less) is expected to take whatever equipment he has and extract the maximum from it. And he is expected to beat his team mate. No excuses. For reference, see: Alonso, F.

When was the last time a young driver took a seat next to a reigning, 4 time WDC and destroyed him?

I don't think you are giving Daniel his due.
How many 4 time WDC are there?

I give Daniel his due and he is taking great advantage of his opportunity. I also realize that in the last five years Vettel has finished second and then first four times in the WDC. He is having a hiccup season. Also, you might want to take a look at the season again. He has beaten him, but it hasn't exactly been Alonso/ Kimi.

As for your reference, when has Alonso had a better than average team mate? Hamilton in '08?

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page