2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 193 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 187Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5761 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Yep, you have to admire a man who wins his Drivers' Championship and three seasons later while still in his early 30s decides to retire in order to devote his full time and attention to women and booze. James Hunt was a hell of a man indeed!
lol Indeed! He paid the price though. How old was he when he died? 46?

Edit: Died at 45 of a heart attack.

Last edited by Bond 007; Yesterday at 05:22 PM.
Bond 007 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5762 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Damn shame about the penalty for Alonso. Cost him about 30 seconds. Factor that in and Magnussen holding him up for about 10 laps and Alonso wouldve easily gotten a podium.
Magnussen should get a penalty for running Alonso off track. Alonso was clearly beside him.
Finally some decent points for Ferrari though but it couldve been much better.
Congrats to Ricciardo.
Eddie Jordan and his pink shirt again. Must be trying to make a statement. Wonder what it is.
Pathetic that they booed Rosberg. Racing incident as far as I'm concerned. Hope he wins the WDC.

Last edited by Bond 007; Yesterday at 05:35 PM.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #5763 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,254
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Magnussen should get a penalty for running Alonso off track. Alonso was clearly beside him.

He did, after the race. Given, it was too late then.

Kevin Magnussen drops out of Belgian GP points for squeeze on Fernando Alonso
zeus33 is offline  
post #5764 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
He did, after the race. Given, it was too late then.

Kevin Magnussen drops out of Belgian GP points for squeeze on Fernando Alonso
Thx. Fair enough I guess.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #5765 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
GP2 race looks promising. Starting on a wet track.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #5766 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Alex Zanardi is driving a BMW in the Blancpain GT Series race at the Slovakia Ring.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #5767 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Damn shame about the penalty for Alonso. Cost him about 30 seconds. Factor that in and Magnussen holding him up for about 10 laps and Alonso wouldve easily gotten a podium.
Magnussen should get a penalty for running Alonso off track. Alonso was clearly beside him.
Finally some decent points for Ferrari though but it couldve been much better.
Congrats to Ricciardo.
Eddie Jordan and his pink shirt again. Must be trying to make a statement. Wonder what it is.
Pathetic that they booed Rosberg. Racing incident as far as I'm concerned. Hope he wins the WDC.

Alonso was never going to finish in front of Bottas.

Spa seems to be the boo capital of F1, especially if you are German. Last year Vettel got his worst boos there too.

Lets face it. The Belgians have a long memory and just aren't ready to forgive those Germans for mowing down their Ardennes forest with their "Tiger Tank Forest Trimmers®". I hesitate to take sides because they both make some of the best beer ever.
Tack is offline  
post #5768 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Alex Zanardi is driving a BMW in the Blancpain GT Series race at the Slovakia Ring.
He has to be one of the bravest men alive to come back from his accident.

I did my best to offer a proper Zanardi tribute but did not get far enough over. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GBM55235.jpg (141.2 KB, 5 views)
Tack and stevew24963 like this.
BGLeduc is online now  
post #5769 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Pathetic that they booed Rosberg. Racing incident as far as I'm concerned. Hope he wins the WDC.
I have to tell you, the Hamilton fans that post at another F1 forum I frequent have been apoplectic. Their man has been wronged, and the only acceptable recourse for the team to bench Rosberg. Horse crap in my view, but there is no reasoning with some of those guys.

BGL
gwsat likes this.
BGLeduc is online now  
post #5770 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
He has to be one of the bravest men alive to come back from his accident.

I did my best to offer a proper Zanardi tribute but did not get far enough over. :-)

Heh, yeah like 10 feet or so

I posted this a while back but nothing says Alex Zanardi like the video on this JA page. I get a little misty eyed every time I see it.
Tack is offline  
post #5771 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Alonso was never going to finish in front of Bottas.

Spa seems to be the boo capital of F1, especially if you are German. Last year Vettel got his worst boos there too.

Lets face it. The Belgians have a long memory and just aren't ready to forgive those Germans for mowing down their Ardennes forest with their "Tiger Tank Forest Trimmers®". I hesitate to take sides because they both make some of the best beer ever.
Never is a strong word. Alonso was in front of Bottas when he served his penalty. Bottas finished 30 seconds ahead of Alonso. The penalty alone made up for that.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #5772 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ericglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Just below the US in South Florida
Posts: 6,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Sorry Hamilton fans. This got posted on another F1 focused forum I frequent.
Of course, the big difference is that the other incidents didn't involve team mates. Plus, I don't remember Hamilton's incidents popping tires.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Was it two or three seasons ago that they went to the International Harvester Combine style of front wing? That would have to have been the tipping point. And now we have those winds hung from phallic noses. Perhaps that contributes too.
Which is why I think F1 needs to eliminate this aero BS. Of course, people like Newey would cry because they would lose their precious advantage.


Finally like clock work, I knew Bond would come in and complain about Mags destroying Alonso's race.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

Ericglo is offline  
post #5773 of 5773 Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,045
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Finally like clock work, I knew Bond would come in and complain about Mags destroying Alonso's race.
Is it finally? Or like clockwork? Youre command of the English language is disturbing.
I never said Mags destroyed Alonsos race. I think that you were so anxious for me to post that that you didnt bother to try to comprehend what I actually posted. I suggest that if youre going to make comments on other peoples posts you should not only read them but try to understand them as well.

Last edited by Bond 007; Yesterday at 11:03 PM.
Bond 007 is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off