Old 09-07-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by catonic View Post
Tack is way too smart for that, for sure and certain.

And I forgot to add, great drive by Perez to show RD "whose the boss."
Duh. Yeah, for sure and certain.
Blah blah blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Duh. Yeah, for sure and certain.
Blah blah blah
It's OK, I'll help you look for your dummy Mr Bond.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Come on guys. No need to break balls.

By F1 standards, we have a pretty good natured thread here. Let's not f*ck it up.

We all have our favored drivers and teams. I would hate for this thread to devolve into an equivalent of the comment section following an article on PlanetF1 or the ESPN F1 site.
catonic and stevew24963 like this.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Whack jobs of all stripes.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115764

Clearly Lewis being 1/2 second a lap quicker had nothing to do with Rosberg choking......twice. :-)
Old 09-07-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Clearly Lewis being 1/2 second a lap quicker had nothing to do with Rosberg choking......twice. :-)
But wait, there's more:

I can't post a pic but this nonsense is front page news on the Times of London sports page. Whack jobs on social media are now what passes as "news". Disgraceful.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sport/
Old 09-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:

By F1 standards, we have a pretty good natured thread here. Let's not f*ck it up.

We all have our favored drivers and teams. I would hate for this thread to devolve into an equivalent of the comment section following an article on PlanetF1 or the ESPN F1 site.
Just a bit of friendly banter and certainly no offence intended or taken by me.
This is a good, fun thread and long may it continue.
My apologies if I caused any offence to anyone.
Mind you, I am an Aussie, so you may need to take that into account.

Last edited by catonic; 09-07-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by catonic View Post
Just a bit of friendly banter and certainly no offence intended or taken by me.
This is a good, fun thread and long may it continue.
My apologies if I caused any offence to anyone.
Mind you, I am an Aussie, so you may need to take that into account.
We're pretty thick skinned around here,it's all good.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am going to refer myself to the Stewards for acting like a douche-y self appointed hall monitor.

Carry on. :-)
Old 09-07-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I am going to refer myself to the Stewards for acting like a douche-y self appointed hall monitor.

Carry on. :-)
Thanks for looking out. Someone has to be the bully. LOL.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:

Yeah, sure Hamilton's quickness didn't cause Nico to screw up twice. Hamilton has proved himself to be significantly quicker that Nico and that unassailable fact clearly is messing with Nico's head. It's unfortunate that Hamilton's biblically bad luck during most of the season now makes it almost impossible for him to win the Drivers' Championship. Because Nico will be driving a car as dominant as Hamilton's, it seems to me the only way Hamilton can win the championship is to run near the top at every remaining grand prix while Nico suffers from the same DNF gremlins that plagued Hamilton so often earlier this season. I am certainly not a Lewis Hamilton fan but he is so much better than Nico, Nico acing him out for the championship would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Yeah, sure Hamilton's quickness didn't cause Nico to screw up twice. Hamilton has proved himself to be significantly quicker that Nico and that unassailable fact clearly is messing with Nico's head. It's unfortunate that Hamilton's biblically bad luck during most of the season now makes it almost impossible for him to win the Drivers' Championship. Because Nico will be driving a car as dominant as Hamilton's, it seems to me the only way Hamilton can win the championship is to run near the top at every remaining grand prix while Nico suffers from the same DNF gremlins that plagued Hamilton so often earlier this season. I am certainly not a Lewis Hamilton fan but he is so much better than Nico, Nico acing him out for the championship would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Just to be clear, my point is that Hamilton's pressure DID cause Rosberg to blow the chicane twice. The linked article is more tin foil hat nonsense.

There are 175 points on offer between now and the end of the season. Right now he is behind by 22. Reliability for either of the Mercs is a bit of a wild card, but the WDC is far from over. One DNF by Nico, and Hamilton can re-take the lead. A lot can happen in the 6 remaining races.

Personally, I think it will go down to the wire. Although if I had my druthers, they can both trip over their dicks, and let Ricciardo swoop in and take the WDC. :-)

BGL
gwsat and gprace like this.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Mercedes wins again!!!!!!

Did anyone notice the top speeds graphic? I think they showed it twice. It was interesting to me that Nico wasn't even in the top ten. IIRC Hamilton was third and Bottas was second. I forget who was first. It had me wondering if Nico's car had a problem or his setup was just that different from Hamiltons.

It looks like Williams is really coming on strong. They have now bumped Ferrari to fourth in the constructors title. Bottas really looked good carving through the field.

Since I watch the spanish feed, I didn't see what parked the second, third or fourth (depending on your perspective ) driver in the world. I didn't see any smoke or broken parts on Alonso's car. Oh and in case you are wondering, Jimmie Johnson is the best driver in the world.

I thought a couple of drivers made some questionable moves. I think Mags would top the list, but there were a couple of others.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericglo View Post
jimmie johnson is the best driver in the world.
lol
stevew24963 likes this.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Did anyone notice the top speeds graphic? I think they showed it twice. It was interesting to me that Nico wasn't even in the top ten. IIRC Hamilton was third and Bottas was second. I forget who was first. It had me wondering if Nico's car had a problem or his setup was just that different from Hamiltons.

It looks like Williams is really coming on strong. They have now bumped Ferrari to fourth in the constructors title. Bottas really looked good carving through the field.

Since I watch the spanish feed, I didn't see what parked the second, third or fourth (depending on your perspective ) driver in the world. I didn't see any smoke or broken parts on Alonso's car. Oh and in case you are wondering, Jimmie Johnson is the best driver in the world.

I thought a couple of drivers made some questionable moves. I think Mags would top the list, but there were a couple of others.
Riciardo set the fastest speed lol with 360klms if i remember right .. i suppose he found 2 cars with DRS in front of him somehow during the race and passed them.
Alonso got trouble with the Energy Kinect System thats why the engine shutted off... if you watched the onboard the wheel display went black out and generally the whole car blacked out as a safety measure of a catastrophic failure somewhere in the engine. I suppose that engine is reusable since nothing bracked as matter the real engine.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

James Allen's comments on the theory that Nico threw the race.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/0...take-in-monza/
Old 09-08-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 224
I was disappointed in a race that i was really looking forward too.

No real action at the start or first turn, no great racing between Lewis and Nico, no charge by Fernando (then of course his car ultimately died), another poor showing by Kimi, and so on.

never take life seriously
Old 09-08-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:

I noticed that, but Rosberg was never in a position to use his DRS at any time in the race, so that would explain it.

This season the DRS will help even at fast tracks like Monza, because they never run into the rev limiter with the new engines (they're using higher gear ratios than they did in the past).
Old 09-08-2014, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I was disappointed in a race that i was really looking forward too. No real action at the start or first turn, no great racing between Lewis and Nico, no charge by Fernando (then of course his car ultimately died), another poor showing by Kimi, and so on.

But there was a lot of action after the first few laps. I thought it was a good race and better than average for Monza.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I was disappointed in a race that i was really looking forward too.

No real action at the start or first turn, no great racing between Lewis and Nico, no charge by Fernando (then of course his car ultimately died), another poor showing by Kimi, and so on.
I have to say that I though there was some fine racing if one was not a general purpose Merc fan, a Fanilton, or a card carrying member of the Tifosi.

Perez, Magnusson, Button, Vettel, Bottas…lots of good scraps.

Of course, IMHO the true driver of the day was again my man Ricciardo. If the F1 Gods are merciful, they will some day put him in an equal car to Lewis or Fred, so we can really see what he has. We already know how he measures up to Finger Boy. I also note that on one of Ron Dennis's "we are always looking for the best available drivers" missives, he has now even added Daniel to the conversation. The Daniel deniers are fast running out of excuses.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
Just to be clear, my point is that Hamilton's pressure DID cause Rosberg to blow the chicane twice. The linked article is more tin foil hat nonsense.

There are 175 points on offer between now and the end of the season. Right now he is behind by 22. Reliability for either of the Mercs is a bit of a wild card, but the WDC is far from over. One DNF by Nico, and Hamilton can re-take the lead. A lot can happen in the 6 remaining races.

Personally, I think it will go down to the wire. Although if I had my druthers, they can both trip over their dicks, and let Ricciardo swoop in and take the WDC. :-)
There's no doubt that Hamilton effectively used his greater quickness to pressure Nico into dumb mistakes. As to who should win the championship, Ricciardo would be my choice too. I love the kid, he has joie de vivre. Were it only that every F1 driver could embrace the moment, as Ricciardo does, instead of, as so many of the others do, spend their time whining like bitchy little girls.
stevew24963 likes this.

Last edited by gwsat; 09-08-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:

They are definitely fast and getting faster but in the race they still have no chance against the Mercs. I had my hopes up from qualifying but in reality they had no shot. They do look really good this year especially when cornering. They have that hunkered down in the rear F1 look that I like.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have to say that I though there was some fine racing if one was not a general purpose Merc fan, a Fanilton, or a card carrying member of the Tifosi.

Perez, Magnusson, Button, Vettel, Bottas…lots of good scraps.

Of course, IMHO the true driver of the day was again my man Ricciardo. If the F1 Gods are merciful, they will some day put him in an equal car to Lewis or Fred, so we can really see what he has. We already know how he measures up to Finger Boy. I also note that on one of Ron Dennis's "we are always looking for the best available drivers" missives, he has now even added Daniel to the conversation. The Daniel deniers are fast running out of excuses.

Dan is really putting his stamp on this season. It's rare that you see that kind of decisiveness in passing. When he wants to pass it going to happen sooner than later.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought overall it was a decent race. There have been some real snoozefests from Monza before but we had some good racing from fourth to tenth. Kvyat's louge ride behind Kimi was a hair raiser. That could have been UGly.

Beautiful looking track. The shots of the long straights from altitude were stunning. The amount of people who storm the track after the race is epic and uniquely F1. Wish they would stay in Europe for a few more races.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I thought overall it was a decent race. There have been some real snoozefests from Monza before but we had some good racing from fourth to tenth. Kvyat's louge ride behind Kimi was a hair raiser. That could have been UGly.

Beautiful looking track. The shots of the long straights from altitude were stunning. The amount of people who storm the track after the race is epic and uniquely F1. Wish they would stay in Europe for a few more races.
As a slight aside, I read some reports that suggest that there is a pretty strong unsavory element present at Monza. I saw a photo of Romain Grosjean's personal car (probably a rental) with a smashed window. And supposedly the same happened last year. I would have thought that a driver would have a safe place to park their personal vehicles.

And Buxton Tweeted that at least one journalist (maybe two) that were in the scrum under the podium had their camera straps literally cut from around their necks, and some of their cameras stolen. I guess Sao Paulo is not the only venue where crime is rampant.

BGL

Last edited by BGLeduc; 09-08-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As a slight aside, I read some reports that suggest that there is a pretty strong unsavory element present at Monza. I saw a photo of Romain Grosjean's personal car (probably a rental) with a smashed window. And supposedly the same happened last year. I would have thought that a driver would have a safe place to park their personal vehicles.

And Boxton Tweeted that at least one journalist (maybe two) that were in the scrum under the podium had their camera straps literally cut from around their necks, and some of their cameras stolen. I guess Sao Paulo is not the only venue where crime is rampant.

BGL
That's really too bad. I'm sure we will see the end of people allowed on the track soon.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Given the way the F1 world seems to have gone completely unhinged over the Spa incident, I thought the video that is available at the following link would put some things in perspective. I know I was already watching F1, starting at some point in the mid 80's, but I honestly don't recall the Jackie Stewart/Senna interview.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...ain-Prost.html
Old 09-08-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I believe they showed parts on in in the Senna movie. Ayrton was not amused with Sir Jackie. All I can think is that to race at that level, the inability to see ones own faults comes with the package. Maybe Danny will break the mold.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I hate to say this but I may have been part of the "unsavory elements" at Monza this year. A few of my Australian "friends" and I boarded the Gulfsteam at the last minute to crash the Monza party. A few bottles of Bundaberg later and a security camera taped us breaking into the Ferrari souvenir shop. Not proud of this but I thought you guys should hear it from me first. Alonso is still not talking to me but I'm sure he'll get over it. He rolled his eyes at me but I sensed he wishes he was with us.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I hate to say this but I may have been part of the "unsavory elements" at Monza this year. A few of my Australian "friends" and I boarded the Gulfsteam at the last minute to crash the Monza party. A few bottles of Bundaberg later and a security camera taped us breaking into the Ferrari souvenir shop. Not proud of this but I thought you guys should hear it from me first. Alonso is still not talking to me but I'm sure he'll get over it. He rolled his eyes at me but I sensed he wishes he was with us.

You REALLY need help,