2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 203 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 240Likes

post #6061 of 6077 Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Here is a link to a famous report by Denis Jenkinson on Stirling Moss's win at the Mille Miglia of 1955.
With pictures too.
Enjoy.

http://www.foodman123.com/moss.htm
Tack likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 6077 Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 AM

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft27905.html

Pat Symonds Remembers Ayrton Senna.

".....From that first season there are a few races that stand out and while everyone talks about his second place in Monaco, the one that stood out for me was Dallas, where he crashed out, but we came out with such a special story from that race. The car was reasonably competitive there, so we expected to have a good race but Ayrton spun early in the race. He then found his way back through the field in a quite effective way and we were looking for a pretty good finish but then he hit the wall, damaged the rear wheel and the driveshaft and retired, which was a real shame.

The real significance of that was that when he came back to the pits he told me what happened and said "I'm sure that the wall moved!" and even though I've heard every excuse every driver has ever made, I certainly hadn't heard of that one! But Ayrton being Ayrton, with his incredible belief in himself, the absolute conviction, he then talked me into going with him, after the race, to have a look at the place where he had crashed. And he was absolutely right, which was the amazing thing! Dallas being a street circuit the track was surrounded by concrete blocks and what had happened - we could see it from the tyre marks - was that someone had hit at the far end of the concrete block and that made it swivel slightly, so that the leading edge of the block was standing out by a few millimetres. And he was driving with such precision that those few millimetres were the difference between hitting the wall and not hitting the wall. While I had been, at first, annoyed that we had retired from the race through a driver error, when I saw what had happened, when I saw how he had been driving, that increased my respect for the guy by quite a lot."

Last edited by catonic; 09-19-2014 at 11:40 PM.
post #6063 of 6077 Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Dang, the Ferarris look really strong in practice.
post #6064 of 6077 Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Dang, the Ferarris look really strong in practice.

Unfortunately, it hardly ever carries over to qualy and the race. I used to get excited by a good showing in practice, but then I realized it's pointless.
post #6065 of 6077 Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Unfortunately, it hardly ever carries over to qualy and the race. I used to get excited by a good showing in practice, but then I realized it's pointless.
Yeah, i feel the same way. Although at least i enjoyed seeing Ferrari do so well in P2.

How about the incredible job RB team did to get Seb back out on the track, and then how about the good two laps he did. Quite an accomplishment.

Just in general, this is a super track to watch a race on, tons of corners, and so many of them have the drivers exiting by coming inches from the wall, and a beautiful setting too. Really nice to watch a race here.

never take life seriously
post #6066 of 6077 Old 09-19-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Some news from Austin. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...-lot-of-voids/
Tack likes this.
post #6067 of 6077 Old 09-19-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

That picture looks pretty racy too, all hunkered down and ripping everything up.

post #6068 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow. .007 seconds separate first and second in Q3. I'm not sure if that would even be visible in a side by side photo finish. Fun to watch and the tension in the interview room was way less than it has been.
post #6069 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Wow. .007 seconds separate first and second in Q3. I'm not sure if that would even be visible in a side by side photo finish. Fun to watch and the tension in the interview room was way less than it has been.
I thought Rosberg looked like he was gonna have a nervous breakdown. Maybe its the heat. I hope he doesnt self destruct.
post #6070 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
I thought Rosberg looked like he was gonna have a nervous breakdown. Maybe its the heat. I hope he doesnt self destruct.

I think he was just over heated in that weather. I could catch Hamilton toweling is face just off camera. It rained there right after Q so it was probably humid as hell. Although RIC looked fresh as a daisy.
post #6071 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Caught this on Yahoo, did I miss something? Ferrari’s Alonso Seizes Pole For 2014 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso managed to set the fastest time during qualifying today for the 2014 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix, securing pole position for himself and his team. Starting next to him on the grid tomorrow will be Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s rising star Daniel Ricciardo, who was just five hundredths of a second off the pace of the Spaniard. Going into tomorrow’s race, Nico Rosberg leads the 2014 Drivers’ Championship with 238 points. L
post #6072 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

post #6073 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Caught this on Yahoo, did I miss something? Ferrari’s Alonso Seizes Pole For 2014 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso managed to set the fastest time during qualifying today for the 2014 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix, securing pole position for himself and his team. Starting next to him on the grid tomorrow will be Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s rising star Daniel Ricciardo, who was just five hundredths of a second off the pace of the Spaniard. Going into tomorrow’s race, Nico Rosberg leads the 2014 Drivers’ Championship with 238 points. L
I dont even want a little of whatever that guys on.
post #6074 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso managed to set the fastest time during qualifying today for the 2014 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix, securing pole position for himself and his team. Starting next to him on the grid tomorrow will be Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s rising star Daniel Ricciardo, who was just five hundredths of a second off the pace of the Spaniard. Going into tomorrow’s race, Nico Rosberg leads the 2014 Drivers’ Championship with 238 points. L
Not seeing it. Yahoo.

Maybe he meant "Ferrari's Kimi Räikkönen seizes engine enroute to another disappointing Ferrari Q3 effort which showed both drivers near the top of the field until it actually really counted.

Rumors are that Enzo Ferrari will be dug up from his grave and be yet another casualty of the recent wave of Ferrari firings of top personnel.

In other news, Chrysler-Fiat announces plans to install corporate minivan 3.8l engines in the new "entry level" Ferrari road cars, with an advertising campaign stressing the "fun factor" of the new cars, de-emphasizing real performance statistics and instead using four year old internet memes and gifs to lure the younger generation into the brand."
post #6075 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/1822...ite-qualy-woes

Kimi was looking good until the gremlins struck and he did win here with Lotus in a great drive so hopefully his luck will turn in the race.

And our good mate Pastor !!??

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/94...Pole-By-0.007s

"...Meanwhile, his team-mate Pastor Maldonado joined four of the other drivers who have yet to score this season in dropping out in Q1.

The Lotus driver, who crashed in FP2 and was using a new chassis on Saturday, finished down in 18th place after a mistake or two. And Lotus, as expected, saw the lighter side of his off at Turn 7.

The team tweeted: "See, that's what happens without radio instructions. Drivers forget to brake or take the corners. Sheer lunacy ensues."

The team added: "Next thing you know, they'll be climbing into the cars head first." "

Bloody hell....and I thought I was being tough on him with my little joke about his brain transplant.

The only question remaining is this:
Will Pastor Maldonado crash into another car whilst the Safety Car is out, just as Finger Boy and Juan Pablo Montoya did , before his F1 career is over?

Last edited by catonic; Yesterday at 10:15 PM. Reason: adding even more craziness.
post #6076 of 6077 Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

Quote:

Rumors are that Enzo Ferrari will be dug up from his grave and be yet another casualty of the recent wave of Ferrari firings of top personnel.
I hear that Ferrari have some very talented psychics who are still channeling him to find out what they need to do Tack.
post #6077 of 6077 Old Today, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
I love how when they told him over the radio that Lewis had beaten him for pole by 7-one thousanths of a second, he screamed "Dammit!!!!!".

never take life seriously
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page