Forum Jump: 
 243Likes

post #6091 of 6119 Old 09-22-2014, 04:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 853
Im not saying that the Mercs werent better at Singapore. Only that they didnt "thrash" everyone or pass them like they were sitting still. The competition was indeed closer as everyone expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 6119 Old 09-22-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Fairly fun race. I was kinda thinking Alonso was saving something for RIC at the end but I guess all their tires were just too shot.

JEV suddenly got on fire and passed everyone in sight after getting the penalty. Maybe the team should just tell him he incurred a penalty during the first part of the rest of his races.

Vettel did well to hold on to second seeing that his tires were significantly older than Daniels. I couldn't imagine having garbage tires and walls inches away lap after lap. That's a lot off stress.

Speaking of stress, I was getting concerned for some of these guys health. Kvyat sounded terrible on the radio. Don't want to see someone pass out and wreck or worse. In races like Singapore, don't worry about a couple extra pounds and have a system where they can carry more than a liter of drinking water that's not not too hot to drink.
post #6093 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

No charges for Stewart.
post #6094 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
No charges for Stewart.

Wonder if the family will go after a civil case now.

Tony looks like he's aged ten years.
post #6095 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Wonder if the family will go after a civil case now.

Tony looks like he's aged ten years.
That was my thought right from the give go. But, I doubt it will ever go before a judge.

Stewart surely has a massive personal liability policy to protect his asserts. The family will get a big check, and sign an NDA.

Tragic on all sides. A kid lost his life, and Stewart will have it on his conscience for the rest of his life.
post #6096 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
That was my thought right from the give go. But, I doubt it will ever go before a judge.

Stewart surely has a massive personal liability policy to protect his asserts. The family will get a big check, and sign an NDA.

Tragic on all sides. A kid lost his life, and Stewart will have it on his conscience for the rest of his life.

Well, now toxicology reports have surfaced showing Ward had elevated levels of THC in his system. I dunno, growing up in SoCal my view of "elevated levels of THC" doesn't normally lead to angry outbursts such as Kevin displayed. Who knows.

Kevin's family doesn't appear to be giving up.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...-jury-decision
post #6097 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Did this get chewed over while I was off the air?

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...onso-contract-

Here's how it will go down:

Honda writes the big check to Ferrari, Fred moves back to Macca who obviously feel that attempted blackmail is forgivable if one can help bring a WC back to the squad.

Then the Scuderia write an equally big check to get Finger Boy in the red car a season or two early.

Any see any inefficiencies in this transaction? Seems like Honda should just pay RB directly. There may be a difference of a few quid one way or another, but at this point we are talking couch cushion money. :-)

All kidding aside, James Allen seems to be a stand up journalist. Interesting that he would put his byline on the story. Makes me think there is some credence to the rumors.
post #6098 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, now toxicology reports have surfaced showing Ward had elevated levels of THC in his system. I dunno, growing up in SoCal my view of "elevated levels of THC" doesn't normally lead to angry outbursts such as Kevin displayed. Who knows.

If the kid blazed up before getting in a race car, that seems pretty dumb, regardless. NASCAR has tossed drivers for off season drug test failures. I can't imagine what would happen if someone failed a drug test during a race weekend. I realize this was not a NASCAR sanctioned deal but the point is I would expect the kid had his eyes on a bigger prize than an upstate dirt track career.

I can't fathom what the family is feeling over such a loss, but it was an awful accident which both parties contributed to.
post #6099 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:

But it could lead to bad judgement. Just saying. Bad situation all around.
post #6100 of 6119 Old 09-24-2014, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
But it could lead to bad judgement. Just saying. Bad situation all around.
Bad judgement my ass! Have you ever been stoned? The kid regardless if he was high or not walked down the track and tried to confront Stewart. That's adrenaline pure and simple. Stewart knew what he was doing, the problem is when he tried to "roost" him unfortunately he had moved into Stewart's line. The "kid was high" is just a smokescreen to try and change the subject and shift guilt. As stated above, money will be handed out and that will be it.
Tack likes this.
post #6101 of 6119 Old 09-25-2014, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I seriously doubt that with the toxicology report and grand jury non-indictment that Tony's going to roll over and cut them a check, UNLESS he feels guilty enough to do something.

They're not going to win a dime in court, and if Tony wants to fight it he has way deeper pockets to do so than they do.
post #6102 of 6119 Old 09-25-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Best thing for Tony might be to settle out of court. Give them something to show his respect and acknowledge their loss. But not admit any criminal wrongdoing.
BGLeduc likes this.
post #6103 of 6119 Old 09-25-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Best thing for Tony might be to settle out of court. Give them something to show his respect and acknowledge their loss. But not admit any criminal wrongdoing.
Exactly. If he agrees to a settlement, he is not "rolling over"; he is acknowledging their loss, and doing something to try to help. Digging his heals in and fighting this will do nothing to get past this, and do nothing for his reputation.

Having said that, if Tony was a local dirt track driver, this would have been a once day news story that most people would never have heard of. But he is not, which is why the mainstream media latched on to the story. There was a whiff of possible culpability of an established star. It was tailor made for the sensationalist 24/7 "news" culture.
post #6104 of 6119 Old 09-25-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
I seriously doubt that with the toxicology report and grand jury non-indictment that Tony's going to roll over and cut them a check, UNLESS he feels guilty enough to do something.

They're not going to win a dime in court, and if Tony wants to fight it he has way deeper pockets to do so than they do.

I have to believe that Tony's partners and sponsors would strongly oppose any kind of court battle. They've probably had just about enough of Tony's non-NASCAR related gaffs as it is.
zeus33 likes this.
post #6105 of 6119 Old 09-25-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Exactly. If he agrees to a settlement, he is not "rolling over"; he is acknowledging their loss, and doing something to try to help. Digging his heals in and fighting this will do nothing to get past this, and do nothing for his reputation.

Having said that, if Tony was a local dirt track driver, this would have been a once day news story that most people would never have heard of. But he is not, which is why the mainstream media latched on to the story. There was a whiff of possible culpability of an established star. It was tailor made for the sensationalist 24/7 "news" culture.
That's true but no different from anything else I suppose. I'm sure other people took their life the day Robin Williams did but his was the only one you heard about. Same with Ray Rice. I bet plenty of girlfriends got punched that day too but you only hear about Ray Rice.

Wow, this is all depressing stuff, sorry.
post #6106 of 6119 Old 09-26-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Stewart unsure if he'll race sprint cars again

"If I had the option to go right now to a race, I wouldn't. I don't even know when I'll go to a sprint car race again to watch. I can promise you it's going to be a long time before you ever see me back in one."
post #6107 of 6119 Old 09-27-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have to believe that Tony's partners and sponsors would strongly oppose any kind of court battle. They've probably had just about enough of Tony's non-NASCAR related gaffs as it is.
Yeah and I'm not saying he would try to fight it, I'm saying there's no way they would win if he did so. Agree that he'll end up cutting a check, a million or two is not going to break his bank.
post #6108 of 6119 Old 09-27-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yeah and I'm not saying he would try to fight it, I'm saying there's no way they would win if he did so. Agree that he'll end up cutting a check, a million or two is not going to break his bank.
I have to disagree. The grand jury didnt see enough to fault Stewart for anything they could prove.
Ward got out of his car and put himself in mortal danger. That was his choice.
Finding THC in his system will be very bad for his case like it or not. Same as if someone kills someone in a car accident and they find alcohol is a factor. The accident may have happened regardless but its a strike against whoever is under the influence.
With Stewarts resources I think he would have a good chance of winning. But as has been noted it would hurt his reputation.
post #6109 of 6119 Old 09-27-2014, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think he will end up cutting a check to the family,maybe to clear his mind a bit.But what happens to his Sprint Car teams? Does he fold them and bail?
post #6110 of 6119 Old 09-27-2014, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW,looking forward to the Petite LeMans next weekend.
post #6111 of 6119 Old 09-28-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Some things are better left unsaid,IMHO. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...164900583.html
post #6112 of 6119 Old 09-28-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Some things are better left unsaid,IMHO. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...164900583.html

Yeah, She's not helping. I'd get a clamp on her mouth post haste if I was the Ward family.
post #6113 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, stupid crazy MotoGP race in Spain yesterday. If you missed that one you missed one of the best races this year, if not all time.
post #6114 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

She's obviously upset and I would be too if someone speculated with an opinion that my relative somehow suddenly UTI of marijuana, died because of being altered.The kid was hotheaded for sure. In my opinion it is a cheap shot trying to divert the attention away from the facts that Tony Stewart was partly at fault. She brings up a good point about the lighting. If any of you have ever attended or raced flat track at night, you learn every inch of that track as you want the sticky points on it for traction. I remember in the ninties racing 4 wheel ATV's in Bakersfield and it took a few minutes during practice to adjust to the lighting. Not the first time this has been done. The dead have no rights after passing so fire away with speculation and hyperbole.
post #6115 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Wow, stupid crazy MotoGP race in Spain yesterday. If you missed that one you missed one of the best races this year, if not all time.

Definitely a good race. Wet races bring out the rider skills. Rossi definitely lost consciousness when his head hit the pavement, scary moment. Aleix Espargaro go it right and swapped bikes at the right time!
post #6116 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Pagani 760 LH edition

Found this on You Tube.

post #6117 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Lewis Hamilton Edition. 1 of 1.

Class.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

post #6118 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 193
post #6119 of 6119 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

You would think that with all the tech available to F1 teams, it would have been easy enough to ID the "foreign substance" as a bit of Hamilton's wizz.

"Hey Nicole! Check this out! This is Nico's steering column……Uh Oh…..it's yellow rain!" :-)
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page