Forum Jump: 
 288Likes

post #6301 of 6321 Old 10-16-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 856
I predict it will be Vettel and Alonso at Ferrari next year and they will pay Raikkonen to sit at home like they did last time. Hah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6321 Old 10-16-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
I predict it will be Vettel and Alonso at Ferrari next year and they will pay Raikkonen to sit at home like they did last time. Hah!

At this point nothing would surprise me.

Now that The Alonso is widely rumored as possibly going to Mclaren, I need to point out that I called that almost a year ago and was overwhelmingly shot down. No I'm not going to dig up the post, just send your donations/penance to tackradamus@imanazzholl.com
post #6303 of 6321 Old 10-16-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Now this is the silly season.
gprace likes this.
post #6304 of 6321 Old 10-16-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Now that The Alonso is widely rumored as possibly going to Mclaren, I need to point out that I called that almost a year ago and was overwhelmingly shot down. No I'm not going to dig up the post, just send your donations/penance to tackradamus@imanazzholl.com
Cash,credit or PayPal,comrade ?
post #6305 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 03:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Sorry. No payments in advance. But if it does happen will you accept bottles of Wild Turkey?
post #6306 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:

I'm waiting for The Alonso to start speaking Latin actually. I predict that this will be his ride soon enough.

Being closed cockpit, this is a somewhat forward thinking concept in view of recent events. Perhaps Fred's comments that he supports investigation into closed cockpits was the best hint yet regarding his future.

Eo vero tempore ut sciatis scire

PS: My trust is in Google Translator. :-)
post #6307 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry. No payments in advance. But if it does happen will you accept bottles of Wild Turkey?

Like you have to ask.
post #6308 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Cash,credit or PayPal,comrade ?

Please to make for me many rubles in payment of your choices.
post #6309 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Being closed cockpit, this is a somewhat forward thinking concept in view of recent events. Perhaps Fred's comments that he supports investigation into closed cockpits was the best hint yet regarding his future.

Eo vero tempore ut sciatis scire

PS: My trust is in Google Translator. :-)
This is what Mr. hubris needs to hear from the Pope. -

Insipientia corde suo, non es deus. Non est vita qui adorem, non es usque ad unum. Es excommunicatus, ex unione fidelium!
post #6310 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It is but it isn't, right?

The guys at Red Bull have all said Seb is going to Ferrari. But nothing from Seb, and nothing for The Scuderia.

No one of current authority at Ferrari has announced that Fred is leaving, nor where he is going. Lately, The Alonso has been reduced to speaking in riddles.

No one doubts that Seb is going to be donning red overalls next year, but the timing on all this is really damn peculiar. Fred's is surely being jacked around a bit by McLaren. There is even a new rumor that Fred may find his way to Merc.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...rs-gather-pace

I am starting to think silly season may well expend for at least another full year. Even when the music stops this year, perhaps some of the moves will only be temporary.

You may be right here. D.C. is ripping into him a little here.

"I've seen Alonso's comments about there being an announcement soon and that when it happens it will be "obvious" that his mind has been set for some time.

"But from controlling the market, he appears now to be left with a choice between McLaren and a year out, and it seems that while there is a calm Spanish swan above the water, below the surface there is a lot of flurry and activity to sort his future out.

"Alonso is into Far Eastern philosophy, particularly the samurai warrior Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings.

"But clearly the chapter about how not to be left standing when the music stops wasn't in that book.

"That's the only problem when you refer to a book written 500 years ago. Five centuries on, it doesn't always apply. "

Ouch!
post #6311 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You may be right here. D.C. is ripping into him a little here.

"I've seen Alonso's comments about there being an announcement soon and that when it happens it will be "obvious" that his mind has been set for some time.

"But from controlling the market, he appears now to be left with a choice between McLaren and a year out, and it seems that while there is a calm Spanish swan above the water, below the surface there is a lot of flurry and activity to sort his future out.

"Alonso is into Far Eastern philosophy, particularly the samurai warrior Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings.

"But clearly the chapter about how not to be left standing when the music stops wasn't in that book.

"That's the only problem when you refer to a book written 500 years ago. Five centuries on, it doesn't always apply. "

Ouch!
That was a great quote from DC.

James Allen today reported that Button has been exploring the possibility of going to WEC with Porsche, clearly in the event that the arrival of The Alonso results in Jensen's departure from McLaren.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/1...-mclaren-deal/
post #6312 of 6321 Old 10-17-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That was a great quote from DC.

James Allen today reported that Button has been exploring the possibility of going to WEC with Porsche, clearly in the event that the arrival of The Alonso results in Jensen's departure from McLaren.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/1...-mclaren-deal/

They keep talking about him getting into Mclaren via Honda. Mclaren must have signed away quite a bit of power to get that exclusive deal.
post #6313 of 6321 Old 10-18-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413646993.178198.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	318026
post #6314 of 6321 Old 10-18-2014, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
"Back to back they faced each other, drew their guns and......"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	merc1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	318122  

Last edited by catonic; 10-18-2014 at 09:19 AM.
post #6315 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
I have been saying thats what Ferrari should do, set up a "super team" of Seb and Fernando and pay Kimi off, but in reality i dont see it happening. I hope things go well for Alonso, but i really wish he was staying with Ferrari.

never take life seriously
post #6316 of 6321 Old Today, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Marquez is officially the 2014 MotoGP World Champion.
post #6317 of 6321 Old Today, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 253
He was as of the last race. There must've been something going on with either the track or the tires at Philip Island yesterday, lots of strange crashes where riders went down doing what looked to be normal braking.
post #6318 of 6321 Old Today, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 213
I thought this kid was "the next coming". 3rd?

Verstappen ends F3 season in third place

Future Toro Rosso driver Max Verstappen has finished his sole FIA Formula 3 European campaign in third place after losing out to Tom Blomqvist at the final round of the season at Hockenheim.

With Lotus youngster Esteban Ocon having already wrapped up the title at Imola last weekend, Verstappen, who will debut in Formula 1 next year, approached the final round narrowly ahead of Blomqvist in the standings.

But despite taking his 10th win of the season in the first of three races at the German circuit, Verstappen could muster only fifth and sixth across the remaining two encounters and slipped nine points behind Blomqvist.

"We had some troubles with the engine all weekend; it was a shame, we just couldn't attack the way we wanted to," said Verstappen.

The 17-year-old will be back in action during free practice for the United States Grand Prix later this month and will take part in the prestigious F3 Macau event prior to his full-time switch to F1.
Tack likes this.
post #6319 of 6321 Old Today, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I wish Hulk could get a better ride.....

HULKENBERG CONFIRMED BY FORCE INDIA FOR 2015

Nico Hulkenberg will remain a Force India driver for the 2015 Formula 1 World Championship season, the team confirmed with the following statement:

Sahara Force India Formula One Team is pleased to confirm that Nico Hulkenberg will continue to race with team for 2015.

The 27-year-old German returned to Sahara Force India at the start of 2014 and has enjoyed his most successful Formula One season to date. With points finishes in 13 races, including four fifth place finishes, Nico remains one of the most exciting drivers on the Formula One grid.

Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director: “Everybody in the team is delighted to see Nico remain a Sahara Force India driver for next season. We rate him very highly and he has done a tremendous job this year by consistently picking up crucial championship points.”

“We know him extremely well: he’s a true racer and he knows how to motivate the team. I am convinced he is one of the best talents on the grid and I am proud that he will continue to race in the colours of Sahara Force India,” added Mallya

Nico Hulkenberg: “It’s good to confirm my plans for next season. This is a team I know extremely well and we’ve enjoyed a great year together with some special results. The team has big ambitions and I believe we can have a competitive package once again next year.”

“We have a strong partner in Mercedes and everyone in the team is motivated and hungry for more success. I have a good feeling for 2015 and there is a lot to be excited about as we try to build on the results we have achieved this year,” concluded Hulkenberg.
post #6320 of 6321 Old Today, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Raikkönen doesn’t rule out an extension

Kimi Raikkönen disclosed in an interview by CNN that he might stay at Ferrari beyond 2015 if he still feels the hunger for racing. He said that he still has the passion for racing.
The 35-year-old former F1 champion, who secured the last drivers' title for Ferrari, is the oldest man in Formula 1. Although this year he was dogged by misfortune and discomfort with Ferrari’s F14 T, the former champion hinted he may look beyond the end of next year when his current contract expires.

"I have a contract for next year and probably for one more year," Raikkonen told the reporters. "But I'm not a young guy anymore.

"I want to do something more with my life than just Formula 1. I will finish my career in Ferrari. I never lost the passion. I will stop the day when I feel I don't enjoy it anymore.”

The laconic Finn said the only man he considers as a friend among the actual racing drivers in F1 is Sebastian Vettel.

"The guy I have most to do with outside of racing is Vettel," he says. "The rest I don't really see as friends, I race against them. He's just a normal guy and it's an easy relationship."

The Finnish driver has been preparing himself for the fatherhood as his girlfriend Minttu Virtanen is expecting a baby.

"The biggest challenge will be the family. It will require much time and care.”

"Yes, he has more experiences.” – answered Kimi when he was asked whether he can ask his friend Vettel for advices.

Kimi can still remember the days when he was searching for the limits behind the wheel of a Lada.

"I had a Russian Lada. I got it from one of my friend. We changed its engine. It was perfect for us – a very strong car. It was originally red, but we painted it black. It never broke down.”

Kimi, who has an unique character, admitted he wasn’t fond of the world around F1. He loved racing, but he is desperate to avoid any situation in which he has to show himself for no reason.

"It would be perfect if I could have a normal life in which nobody cares of me. These two (racing and full privacy) rule out themselves. Racing and driving are the most important, but many other things are part of them as well. I have been long enough in this sport to know that it is part of our sport. I don’t really enjoy this. I am not a fan of going to places just to show myself. I never wanted to hide it.”
Tack likes this.
post #6321 of 6321 Old Today, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

FIA set up 10-man panel to review Bianchi's Japanese Grand Prix crash

Ross Brawn, Emerson Fittipaldi and Stefano Domenicali are three of the high-profile figures on the panel that will present its findings at the next meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on December 3 in Doha, a statement by motor racing's governing body FIA said.

One of the measures announced by FIA president Jean Todt soon after Bianchi's collision with a recovery vehicle at Suzuka a fortnight ago was the formation of a body to not only look into the incident, but also to propose new safety recommendations.

The newly-formed body is led by Peter Wright, president of the FIA's Safety Commission, and a member of motorsport's world governing body since 1995.

A statement from the FIA read: "The group will carry out a full review of the accident to gain a better understanding of what happened, and will propose new measures to reinforce safety at circuits, with recommendations to be made for the FIA president.

"The work of the group will start this week, and a full presentation of its findings is to be made at the next meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on 3 December, 2014, in Doha, Qatar."

Wright has formed an experienced team around him, notably including one of the most respected figures in F1 in Brawn, a man who helped Ferrari win numerous titles during his time at Maranello as technical director.

Following Honda's exit from F1 in 2008, from the ashes Brawn formed his own eponymously named marque, leading them to the drivers' and constructors' titles a year later prior to a takeover by Mercedes.

Although Brawn remained as team principal, he left Mercedes at the end of last year following a dispute over the direction of the team, yet has been rightly accredited with the success that has followed this season.

Double world champion Fittipaldi, who is also president of the FIA Drivers' Commission and an F1 steward, joins Brawn, along with Domenicali, who for six years until April this year was team principal at Ferrari.

Also on the panel are Gerd Ennser, chief stewards' representative; Eduardo de Freitas, World Endurance Championship race director; Roger Peart, president of the Circuits Commission; Gerard Saillant, president of the FIA Institute and Medical Commission; Grand Prix Drivers' Association president Alex Wurz, and Antonio Rigozzi, a judge who sits on the International Court of Appeal.

The panel will look into the findings of FIA race director Charlie Whiting, who claimed "a perfect storm" of circumstances conspired against Bianchi and that "nothing more could have been done better" either by his team or the stewards trackside.

The FIA has already proposed an electronically-controlled speed limit is to be imposed on drivers and cars during periods when double-waved yellow flags are in evidence, as was the case during Bianchi's accident.

There is also the possibility that from next season 'skirts' around the base of recovery vehicles are to be introduced given their ground clearance in relation to the height of a cockpit of an F1 car.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page