2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 221 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 366Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6601 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 239
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...ll-on-twitter/
Tack likes this.
BGLeduc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6602 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,726
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 796
A banana to a gun fight? LOL. Horner is an ass (leaves wife for Spice Girl - facepalm), but Vijay is not the benevolent money man he is trying to portray either. Ask his employees.
Tack is offline  
post #6603 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Horner is an ass (leaves wife for Spice Girl - facepalm)
lol Wow. Didn't know that. Hope she leaves him and he's crying in the paddock like Hamilton a couple of years ago.
Bond 007 is offline  
post #6604 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,726
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
lol Wow. Didn't know that. Hope she leaves him and he's crying in the paddock like Hamilton a couple of years ago.
Well she wasn't his "wife" in name but they were together for a long time. She had his baby six months before he got all spicy. Dude's a skank.





Tack is offline  
post #6605 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 239
2014 Formula 1 in HD

Perhaps Fred will not be getting quite the send-off that Massa got.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...t-Ferrari-boss

I have also seen some new rumors involving Matiacci stepping aside, and Brawn going to Maranello. Stop me if you have heard similar talk before. :-)
BGLeduc is offline  
post #6606 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Perhaps Fred will not be getting quite the send-off that Massa got.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...t-Ferrari-boss

I have also seen some new rumors involving Matiacci stepping aside, and Brawn going to Maranello. Stop me if you have heard similar talk before. :-)
My understanding is that Matiacci is an interim boss until he finds someone else.
Rumors of Brawn going to Ferrari have been going on for months. I hope it happens.
Bond 007 is offline  
post #6607 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,587
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
I have also seen some new rumors involving Matiacci stepping aside, and Brawn going to Maranello. Stop me if you have heard similar talk before. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
My understanding is that Matiacci is an interim boss until he finds someone else.
Rumors of Brawn going to Ferrari have been going on for months. I hope it happens.

Finally! Mattiacci was never a good choice in the first place. Marchionne may not turn out to be a bad leader. Pretty good start on the long list of changes that need to be made.


Marlboro chief to replace Ferrari team boss Mattiacci

After just seven months in the job, Marco Mattiacci is set to lose his role as Ferrari team boss.

Germany’s Sport Bild on Saturday cited ‘well-informed sources’ in claiming the 43-year-old Roman will be replaced by the Marlboro Europe brand manager Maurizio Arrivabene.

Mattiacci only took over from Stefano Domenicali in April of this year.

He said on Friday that what had struck him most about F1 since switching from heading Ferrari’s North American road car arm was “the intensity, the complexity but also the incredible amount of talented people that are in formula one.

“How amazing is this sport, a global platform, the visibility that specifically in my case I don’t like for myself, but which is a consequence of the job,” Mattiacci added.

“The level of competition, (the) aggression is really high, so a lot to learn, but at the same time I think I brought an understanding of people, choosing the right people and from here how to create an organisation for the future.”

Mattiacci has overseen the replacement of the departing Fernando Alonso with Sebastian Vettel, but according to Sport Bild the Italian will vacate his post next week.

“Supposedly,” said correspondents Ralf Bach and Bianca Garloff, “Sergio Marchionne was not satisfied with the Roman’s work.”

Mattiacci’s successor, Arrivabene, is no stranger to F1, overseeing Marlboro’s sponsorship of the Maranello team and reportedly already close to Bernie Ecclestone.

Last edited by zeus33; 11-22-2014 at 11:30 PM.
zeus33 is offline  
post #6608 of 6624 Old 11-22-2014, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,587
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 245
zeus33 is offline  
post #6609 of 6624 Old 11-23-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,425
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Finally! Mattiacci was never a good choice in the first place. Marchionne may not turn out to be a bad leader. Pretty good start on the long list of changes that need to be made.


Marlboro chief to replace Ferrari team boss Mattiacci

After just seven months in the job, Marco Mattiacci is set to lose his role as Ferrari team boss.

Germany’s Sport Bild on Saturday cited ‘well-informed sources’ in claiming the 43-year-old Roman will be replaced by the Marlboro Europe brand manager Maurizio Arrivabene.

Mattiacci only took over from Stefano Domenicali in April of this year.

He said on Friday that what had struck him most about F1 since switching from heading Ferrari’s North American road car arm was “the intensity, the complexity but also the incredible amount of talented people that are in formula one.

“How amazing is this sport, a global platform, the visibility that specifically in my case I don’t like for myself, but which is a consequence of the job,” Mattiacci added.

“The level of competition, (the) aggression is really high, so a lot to learn, but at the same time I think I brought an understanding of people, choosing the right people and from here how to create an organisation for the future.”

Mattiacci has overseen the replacement of the departing Fernando Alonso with Sebastian Vettel, but according to Sport Bild the Italian will vacate his post next week.

“Supposedly,” said correspondents Ralf Bach and Bianca Garloff, “Sergio Marchionne was not satisfied with the Roman’s work.”

Mattiacci’s successor, Arrivabene, is no stranger to F1, overseeing Marlboro’s sponsorship of the Maranello team and reportedly already close to Bernie Ecclestone.
"Marlboro Europe brand manager" "overseeing Marlboros sponsorship team and reportedly close to Bernie Ecclestone"
This guy is a a good choice again why? Gonna have to hit Wikipedia and see if this guy knows racing as much as marketing.
Bond 007 is offline  
post #6610 of 6624 Old 11-23-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
I guess this means it's OK if Nico's car suffers a mechanical DNF.

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motors...ry/184321.html
Toto got his wish. Not quite a DNF but it may as well have been.

Asking Nico to box with 2 to go was horse crap. Nico took the high road in his reply, but I kind of wish Nico had channeled a bit of Nikki Lauda and simply said f*ck you.

Last edited by BGLeduc; 11-23-2014 at 08:00 AM.
BGLeduc is offline  
post #6611 of 6624 Old 11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Well that's it,another season done. Congrats to Hamilton. Looking forward to Hondas return next year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
stevew24963 is offline  
post #6612 of 6624 Old 11-23-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vipfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Didn't see the race, but congrats Hamilton.

In other news...


My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Vipfreak is offline  
post #6613 of 6624 Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post
Didn't see the race, but congrats Hamilton.
You didn't miss a whole lot. Hamilton got off the starting grid first and never gave up the position. It looked as if it would be interesting as long as Nico was in second and his car competitive. Unfortunately, Nico's ride semi-broke and he was out of the hunt for the win, which meant he was out of the hunt for the drivers championship. Nico managed only a 14th place finish. Massa ran a great race and was second but never quite got close enough to Hamilton to make it interesting. The only real suspense, I thought, was whether Hamilton's car would break as Nico's had.
gwsat is offline  
post #6614 of 6624 Old 11-24-2014, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Yay and congrats to Lewis. A shame that Nico had mechanical problems, but the way Lewis drove even if Nico's car was ok, Lewis was gonna be the champion with either a first or second place finish. To me, he deserved the championship, 11 victories, what a year!!!

Now lets see if other teams can improve to the point where they can be more competitive with Mercedes next year. I hope Seb does well at Ferrari, apparently there are a ton of good tech guys moving to Ferrari as well, and i wish Fernando well on his new team. Seems like a bad move right now for Seb, but then we all thought that Lewis and Massa were crazy with their team switches and look how that turned out for both of them.

Now i will slip into F1 withdrawal for a few months.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #6615 of 6624 Old 11-24-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,587
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Yay and congrats to Lewis. A shame that Nico had mechanical problems, but the way Lewis drove even if Nico's car was ok, Lewis was gonna be the champion with either a first or second place finish. To me, he deserved the championship, 11 victories, what a year!!!

Now lets see if other teams can improve to the point where they can be more competitive with Mercedes next year. I hope Seb does well at Ferrari, apparently there are a ton of good tech guys moving to Ferrari as well, and i wish Fernando well on his new team. Seems like a bad move right now for Seb, but then we all thought that Lewis and Massa were crazy with their team switches and look how that turned out for both of them.

Now i will slip into F1 withdrawal for a few months.

Agreed! Huge congrats to Lewis. It was well deserved. Talk about a slingshot start!

I sure hope so. While it was exciting to see Lewis and Nico battle, some other teams need to be in the mix, or it's still boring. Obviously I want Ferrari to do well, but it's not looking good for next season. The common factor for Massa and Lewis both doing well this season? The Merc power unit. Seb nor Alonso will have that next season, so I don't think their results will be nearly as good as Lewis and Massa. I hope and pray that the other teams can close the power gap to Merc. Otherwise, it's going to be another boring season.

Winter testing seems so far away.......
zeus33 is offline  
post #6616 of 6624 Old 11-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
gprace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Agreed! Huge congrats to Lewis. It was well deserved. Talk about a slingshot start!

I sure hope so. While it was exciting to see Lewis and Nico battle, some other teams need to be in the mix, or it's still boring. Obviously I want Ferrari to do well, but it's not looking good for next season. The common factor for Massa and Lewis both doing well this season? The Merc power unit. Seb nor Alonso will have that next season, so I don't think their results will be nearly as good as Lewis and Massa. I hope and pray that the other teams can close the power gap to Merc. Otherwise, it's going to be another boring season.

Winter testing seems so far away.......
Maybe Honda has a shot. Still an unknown, but they have previous experience.
gprace is offline  
post #6617 of 6624 Old 11-24-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,587
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post
Maybe Honda has a shot. Still an unknown, but they have previous experience.

Yeah, I think they have the best shot of it. Especially considering McLaren gave them a ton of info about the Merc unit.
zeus33 is offline  
post #6618 of 6624 Old 11-24-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Yeah, I think they have the best shot of it. Especially considering McLaren gave them a ton of info about the Merc unit.
And Fred can help them with the "what not to do" part based on his experience with Ferrari. :-)
BGLeduc is offline  
post #6619 of 6624 Old 11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,726
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Well, it's done. Congrats to Lewis, he definitely deserved it. Random thoughts -

I gained respect for Nico, or as Duffy pronounces it ( Nick-O), by wanting to stay out when they called for retirement and by being a pro and a good sport giving HAM all the credit for the win and the championship.

Respect is also up for ALO for his pre-race comments about Ferrari. Way to be above board and almost human-like. Good show.

With not much happening at the front, I would have liked to seen more coverage of VET and especially RIC blasting through the field from pit lane. Didn't take them long either.

Nice job from Massa, would have liked to see him win it.

What's up with those ridiculous Sheikhs on the podium?

Button and Mclaren really showing well these last few races. Hope he stays, he just seems like a really cool guy.

IMO Brundle by far the best podium interviewer.

Less camera time for Fran Drescher Nicole Scherzinger please. Not as annoying as drama queen Delana Harvic, but up there. Although neither one of them have anything on Emo's wife during the Indy years. Gack

Pretty smart for Caterham to show up. That should vault them above Marussia by virtue of total races attended. Could be the difference between a fifty mil payout and nothing.

Strong race from Force India. Been a while since they've placed so well.

Has to be one of the worst seasons ever for Sauber.

I think we will see future race wins from Bottas. The guy is quick and cool as a cucumber.

Hobbs and Matchett as good as ever. Duffy is starting to get on my nerves a little.

Last edited by Tack; 11-24-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Tack is offline  
post #6620 of 6624 Old Yesterday, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Complaints are being said now about lower tv ratings. I think there are many ways to fix that.

Well, i watched all, every practice, qualifying, and race. Sometimes it was hard to find the channel as it kept moving around on different NBC channels, that doesnt help the casual fan. Also, the cars look like crap with those noses, the power units suck, and F1 is not marketing themselves well here in the US. It would be nice if we could get some US drivers in there too. We need a second US Grand Prix also, either in Jersey or at some well known track here. Find a way to get the newspapers to cover it better, my local paper has 2 sentances about the race the next day. Also, have tires that last and let the drivers run hard all the time without having to go slower to save tires, just mandate 2 pitstops to change tires to make it interesting. Cut down the number of men able to work on the car on the pit stops so they are longer and interesting to watch as right now they are so fast its no fun to watch. Give them more fuel too so they dont have to worry about saving it. Drivers need to run all-out all the time dammit.
stevew24963 likes this.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #6621 of 6624 Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 239
http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...-on-at-McLaren

So, "not before 12/1" is now "early December". I guess that's the same thing.

Fred, Jenson, Kevin....you boys don't mind twisting in the wind a bit longer while we make our decision, right? Good.

I read yesterday that Porsche is going to run a 3rd 919 in WEC. Webber has advised Button to come join him in WEC. At the time I did not think he meant it literally.
BGLeduc is offline  
post #6622 of 6624 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,587
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I think we will see future race wins from Bottas. The guy is quick and cool as a cucumber.

Hobbs and Matchett as good as ever. Duffy is starting to get on my nerves a little.

Yes he is. He still needs some experience, but he's developing his skills nicely. With a good car, him and Massa will be in the mix for sure next season.

Just a little? He's been on my nerves! Besides the fact that he adds an ER to the end of every word that ends with an A, Massa-er, Data-er, (I still have no idea where that comes from and why his friends haven't smacked him in the back of the head and said "Stop it!") he just isn't very good. Hobbs and Matchett make him look (and sound) like amateur hour.
Tack likes this.
zeus33 is offline  
post #6623 of 6624 Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,726
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Tack is offline  
post #6624 of 6624 Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
Member
 
bizwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Besides the fact that he adds an ER to the end of every word that ends with an A, Massa-er, Data-er, (I still have no idea where that comes from and why his friends haven't smacked him in the back of the head and said "Stop it!")
It's characteristic of some dialects of the Aussie accent. Brits do it too, which is probably why Hobbs doesn't react because he's too used to hearing it.
bizwig is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off