Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 795
A banana to a gun fight? LOL. Horner is an ass (leaves wife for Spice Girl - facepalm), but Vijay is not the benevolent money man he is trying to portray either. Ask his employees.
post #6603 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 05:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Horner is an ass (leaves wife for Spice Girl - facepalm)
lol Wow. Didn't know that. Hope she leaves him and he's crying in the paddock like Hamilton a couple of years ago.
post #6604 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
lol Wow. Didn't know that. Hope she leaves him and he's crying in the paddock like Hamilton a couple of years ago.
Well she wasn't his "wife" in name but they were together for a long time. She had his baby six months before he got all spicy. Dude's a skank.

post #6605 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 239
2014 Formula 1 in HD

Perhaps Fred will not be getting quite the send-off that Massa got.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...t-Ferrari-boss

I have also seen some new rumors involving Matiacci stepping aside, and Brawn going to Maranello. Stop me if you have heard similar talk before. :-)
post #6606 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Perhaps Fred will not be getting quite the send-off that Massa got.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...t-Ferrari-boss

I have also seen some new rumors involving Matiacci stepping aside, and Brawn going to Maranello. Stop me if you have heard similar talk before. :-)
My understanding is that Matiacci is an interim boss until he finds someone else.
Rumors of Brawn going to Ferrari have been going on for months. I hope it happens.
post #6607 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
My understanding is that Matiacci is an interim boss until he finds someone else.
Rumors of Brawn going to Ferrari have been going on for months. I hope it happens.

Finally! Mattiacci was never a good choice in the first place. Marchionne may not turn out to be a bad leader. Pretty good start on the long list of changes that need to be made.

Marlboro chief to replace Ferrari team boss Mattiacci

After just seven months in the job, Marco Mattiacci is set to lose his role as Ferrari team boss.

Germany’s Sport Bild on Saturday cited ‘well-informed sources’ in claiming the 43-year-old Roman will be replaced by the Marlboro Europe brand manager Maurizio Arrivabene.

Mattiacci only took over from Stefano Domenicali in April of this year.

He said on Friday that what had struck him most about F1 since switching from heading Ferrari’s North American road car arm was “the intensity, the complexity but also the incredible amount of talented people that are in formula one.

“How amazing is this sport, a global platform, the visibility that specifically in my case I don’t like for myself, but which is a consequence of the job,” Mattiacci added.

“The level of competition, (the) aggression is really high, so a lot to learn, but at the same time I think I brought an understanding of people, choosing the right people and from here how to create an organisation for the future.”

Mattiacci has overseen the replacement of the departing Fernando Alonso with Sebastian Vettel, but according to Sport Bild the Italian will vacate his post next week.

“Supposedly,” said correspondents Ralf Bach and Bianca Garloff, “Sergio Marchionne was not satisfied with the Roman’s work.”

Mattiacci’s successor, Arrivabene, is no stranger to F1, overseeing Marlboro’s sponsorship of the Maranello team and reportedly already close to Bernie Ecclestone.

Last edited by zeus33; Yesterday at 11:30 PM.
post #6608 of 6609 Unread Yesterday, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 243
post #6609 of 6609 Unread Today, 06:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Finally! Mattiacci was never a good choice in the first place. Marchionne may not turn out to be a bad leader. Pretty good start on the long list of changes that need to be made.

Marlboro chief to replace Ferrari team boss Mattiacci

After just seven months in the job, Marco Mattiacci is set to lose his role as Ferrari team boss.

Germany’s Sport Bild on Saturday cited ‘well-informed sources’ in claiming the 43-year-old Roman will be replaced by the Marlboro Europe brand manager Maurizio Arrivabene.

Mattiacci only took over from Stefano Domenicali in April of this year.

He said on Friday that what had struck him most about F1 since switching from heading Ferrari’s North American road car arm was “the intensity, the complexity but also the incredible amount of talented people that are in formula one.

“How amazing is this sport, a global platform, the visibility that specifically in my case I don’t like for myself, but which is a consequence of the job,” Mattiacci added.

“The level of competition, (the) aggression is really high, so a lot to learn, but at the same time I think I brought an understanding of people, choosing the right people and from here how to create an organisation for the future.”

Mattiacci has overseen the replacement of the departing Fernando Alonso with Sebastian Vettel, but according to Sport Bild the Italian will vacate his post next week.

“Supposedly,” said correspondents Ralf Bach and Bianca Garloff, “Sergio Marchionne was not satisfied with the Roman’s work.”

Mattiacci’s successor, Arrivabene, is no stranger to F1, overseeing Marlboro’s sponsorship of the Maranello team and reportedly already close to Bernie Ecclestone.
"Marlboro Europe brand manager" "overseeing Marlboros sponsorship team and reportedly close to Bernie Ecclestone"
This guy is a a good choice again why? Gonna have to hit Wikipedia and see if this guy knows racing as much as marketing.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page