Old 04-24-2014, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Things are getting very interesting .. eek.gif

I agree 100% And frankly, having no returning players and no Redemption Island has made this season all that more enjoyable. I sure do hope the ratings are reflecting that...cause the ratings are really what's important to the producers.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie_Tee View Post

I agree 100% And frankly, having no returning players and no Redemption Island has made this season all that more enjoyable. I sure do hope the ratings are reflecting that...cause the ratings are really what's important to the producers.

Fully and completely agree .. I like a fresh cast and I was never a fan of Redemption .. although I would not be surprised to see the Producers bring it back ..

When the Tribe Has Spoken, it's Time to Go Home .. (or to Ponderosa anyway) .. smile.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Trish & Woo remind me of some of Boston Rob's followers (minions) from the season he won... Tony can do no wrong in their eyes.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

Trish & Woo remind me of some of Boston Rob's followers (minions) from the season he won... Tony can do no wrong in their eyes.

The "Cult of Tony" .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Wasn't there a clue a few shows back about giving a description where the special idol might be located? Why is it such a surprise that Tony found it? He's the only one who is obsessive compulsive enough to search for it whenever he got the chance. The two minutes they showed of him finding it were probably condensed from days/hours of footage.

No, I do not think the show is rigged.

Yes, and like all the others, with details of where it was at. Tony decided to actively look for it, the others wanted Papya.

Loved Tony's spy shack, what a nut job!

Old 04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Loved Tony's spy shack, what a nut job!

It kinda reminded me of something Special Agent Phillip would do but it was effective.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I just dont see the 3 people saying they would vote for Tony if he was in the finals as game play. They were voting for Woo, later in the game I could agree it was a game play speech, just not last night.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Old 04-24-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I just dont see the 3 people saying they would vote for Tony if he was in the finals as game play. They were voting for Woo, later in the game I could agree it was a game play speech, just not last night.
I think it was both...
Sure he absolutely made a valid point about Tony/finals, however he surely also realized that was the best 'wedge' to try & stick into the alliance, & that may have been his main reason ...
The only chance to break up the alliance still "seems" to be flipping one or more to vote against Tony, & they almost had it this time, & still may next time, & he was thinking ahead ....
It may be on the cutting room floor, but I wouldn't be surprised if the girl that almost flipped made a deal to vote out Tony with them, "when the underdogs are able to get the votes" ...
Ton'y's not a shoe-inn winner against every remaining player, just a select few , & if he's smart, he will start brainwashing remaining players against his targets, getting them worried about who will 'get the votes' .....
Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

What a shock, Tony finds special idol!
Still think it is not rigged?

Wait a minute, you mean to say that the only player who was desperately looking for an idol in the exact areas and locations that they've been known to be found, actually found one? RIGGED!! RIGGED!!! IT MUST BE RIGGED!!!

Seriously, If the show was really rigged we would have to suffer through bunches of mediocre seasons? Also, wouldn't Survivor be classified as a game show? If so, I'm fairly certain that it's illegal to rig a game show of any kind.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Tony looking for an idol that everyone knew about and then finding it is all about making your own luck. Tony now has no fear of being blindsided, and from this point on has to play for jury votes. The other smart thing he did was bring out the bag of tricks stuff so that one will believe he actually has an idol that would have that big an effect on the game. Maybe this is one of those things that is sitting on the cutting room floor, but it looks like Jeffra lost any chance to win the game. It could be the girls think they are in an alliance that will carry them to the end, but it does not seem like that is the case. Jeffra is on the bottom of her current alliance, and she seems to be floating by. I am not sure how that gets you votes at the end of the game or more importantly why would anyone allow her to go to the final. The worst part is she got called out for floating by in front of the jury.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Jeremiah should of asked Jefra who her alliance was voting for. If she told him, he could of gotten the idol from Spencer. This would allow her to keep trust with her current alliance, yet gain favor with the other. All of it could of been done on the hush hush.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Jefra would not get a single vote at final if she made it that far by Tony bringing her along ..

The only chance of a game change now is Tony does not win immunity and Spencer somehow gets enough votes against Tony to force the "Super Idol" play .. and it just about has to happen next episode if it's going to happen at all .. otherwise, the odds Tony takes it all would probably go to at least 80% .. the only real wildcard, like I mentioned earlier, is Tony's inherent paranoia and how that can be used against him .. it's the big chink in his plan ..

If his Alliance can be convinced they cannot win against Tony ..

If play and Alliances stay as they are now, the only way Jefra and Trish don't become the goats is if someone can dominate at Immunity .. otherwise, I feel like Tony is almost a shoe in at this point ..

And it shows just how stupid Woooooo, Jefra and Trish are ..

All I'm saying is Tony's game can still be flipped, but it has to happen now .. the endgame is on ... smile.gif

Uncle Willie

Old 04-24-2014, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I dislike Tony but he's acts like someone who really wants to win a million dollars. He's playing to win. Usually idols can be played until final four so Tony essentially can not be blindsided until then. If he does not win final immunity the next chance the others have to get him out is at four. If there is a women's alliance within Tony's alliance they could get him out then. One problem with that is none of those women have been any good in individual immunity challenges.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Why do people dislike Tony? He's playing the game exactly as it should be played.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I dislike his attitude and personality not his strategy.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Why do people dislike Tony? He's playing the game exactly as it should be played.
Quote:

That's it in a nutshell. Tony is no Russell, but his personality is his downfall. I don't find it as bothersome as others, because I think that he's playing the game better than anyone else this season. Tony is making some good moves, but he likes to brag and that may cost him. I'm not entirely sure what he was doing this week at tribal council pretending to have a fake idol. Completely unnecessary. It seems as if he's trying to prove that he's in control of the game, but why be so brazen about it and make the target on your back that much larger.

He's already bragged about all of the deception he's pulled earlier in the game. If his alliance was smart (and they don't seem to be), they'd put one and one together and realize that they are only Tony's allies until Tony decides he no longer needs them.

i predict Tony will make it to the finals, and most-likely win. If he can stand by for the next few tribals and let everything implode, he essentially has one free pass. And at this point in the game, there's a lot of movement - I think that if they attempt to vote out Tony and fail, they may switch to an "easier" target at the next tribal council.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespaguy View Post

That's it in a nutshell. Tony is no Russell, but his personality is his downfall. I don't find it as bothersome as others, because I think that he's playing the game better than anyone else this season. Tony is making some good moves, but he likes to brag and that may cost him. I'm not entirely sure what he was doing this week at tribal council pretending to have a fake idol. Completely unnecessary. It seems as if he's trying to prove that he's in control of the game, but why be so brazen about it and make the target on your back that much larger.

He's already bragged about all of the deception he's pulled earlier in the game. If his alliance was smart (and they don't seem to be), they'd put one and one together and realize that they are only Tony's allies until Tony decides he no longer needs them.

i predict Tony will make it to the finals, and most-likely win. If he can stand by for the next few tribals and let everything implode, he essentially has one free pass. And at this point in the game, there's a lot of movement - I think that if they attempt to vote out Tony and fail, they may switch to an "easier" target at the next tribal council.

Agreed. All the others are hoping to ride in his wake to the finals, expecting that the "outsiders" will be bumped off along the way and each (except maybe Kass and Jeffra) thinks that Tony won't backstab them. Woo thinks he's tight with Tony and is just going to coast to the final 2 or 3. Trish maybe secretly knows she's a goat, but is hoping for some sort of miracle. Jeffra and Kass know that they are on the bottom of the 5, but are also hoping that someone makes them a better offer or big move that they can cash in on. At least Kass, I think, would switch alliances if she sees an opening and it strokes her ego to think she made another "Bold" move.

Tony is playing mindgames with his bag of tricks and fake idol ploy. Spencer said he'd like to see what's in the bag of tricks, so Tony pulls out the "fake" idol.

Besides Tony, the only other people playing good games are Spencer,and Tasha. Both are doing well in the immunity challenges and trying to strategize . Last week she also tried to talk to LJ, but he ignored her.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

If, somehow, enough votes could be mustered to force Tony to play the "Super Idol", then the tribe would or should, know that was the last Idol .. Jefra has already demonstrated her flip / flopping and it's possible Cass could be swayed, both of them need to be played from the angle that they can't win if they sit with Tony at Final Tribal .. Tony has played too good a game and he is a very good talker .. the talking could work for or against him, since his total betrayal of LJ .. but, with the exception of Russell Hantz, juries tend to overlook betrayals, lying and what not since most players know that's just part of the game ..

Tony has played a very, very good game, no doubt about it .. but it's been good in large part due to his Alliance buying into his BS .. Spencer called him out at last Tribal and I think inserted some doubt in some minds ..

Spencer has also played a pretty good game to have lasted as long as he has ..

Uncle Willie

Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

If Tony wins, the game is rigged. biggrin.gif

Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Sorry, I forgot about that .. tongue.gif

Uncle Willie

Old 04-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

THANKS.... You made my day. Still LOL...
Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:

It's his attitude that offends me too. One example is the way he just had to tell Jeff that he used his "fake" idol to keep Spencer from giving his idol to "Jeremy". It was a way of saying" hay world look at me and how smart I am". I also really dislike the way he totally betrayed LJ a guy who used his idol to protect Tony.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 133
This has been a great season. So much uncertainty going into Tribal (that's a good thing) that there is actual suspense on who will be voted out.

If Spencer and Tasha can't pull off a major coup, then the next two weeks might be less suspenseful, but it's been a fun ride so far. I hope Cass feels like she needs to make another major move to get out Tony. I just don't understand why anyone in his alliance thinks that they can beat Tony in the final He's played the best game. He's outwitted and outplayed everybody. I guess they figure they'll get rid of the remaining Brains and then turn their attention on Tony. At least I hope that's the plan. I don't want to see Tony in control all the way to the finale. I want to see Tony squirming when he realizes that he's not the puppet master anymore. And it's not because I dislike him. I just think it would be fun to see his head spinning around like a propeller trying to figure out what to do.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

I just don't understand why anyone in his alliance thinks that they can beat Tony in the final He's played the best game.

Probalby becasue they don't see a 40-minute edited show. they don't know that 80% of the confessionals shown on TV are his and not theirs. They probably think they are in control and are manipulating things just as much as he is.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wadsworth View Post

Probalby becasue they don't see a 40-minute edited show.

Completely agree. I get a kick out of the "I'm smarter than them." posts. 

Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

This has been a great season. So much uncertainty going into Tribal (that's a good thing) that there is actual suspense on who will be voted out.

If Spencer and Tasha can't pull off a major coup, then the next two weeks might be less suspenseful, but it's been a fun ride so far. I hope Cass feels like she needs to make another major move to get out Tony. I just don't understand why anyone in his alliance thinks that they can beat Tony in the final He's played the best game. He's outwitted and outplayed everybody. I guess they figure they'll get rid of the remaining Brains and then turn their attention on Tony. At least I hope that's the plan. I don't want to see Tony in control all the way to the finale. I want to see Tony squirming when he realizes that he's not the puppet master anymore. And it's not because I dislike him. I just think it would be fun to see his head spinning around like a propeller trying to figure out what to do.

It has been a great season and like I've mentioned, I hope the Producers take a tip from the "All New Players" handbook ..

Tony's huge paranoia can be used against him .. but, to me anyway, at the end of the day, Tony, Spencer and Tasha have played the best overall game and are the most deserving to sit at Final Tribal .. but, as we all know, the most deserving don't always make it ..

The thing about Tony is, from day one, he had something of a strategy worked out .. the initial lie was he was a construction worker or some such and I think it started in Episode One .. I've said before, I'm not a huge Tony fan, but I can see his play .. and I have to give him kudos for how it's gone so far .. would I like to see the "Super Idol" get flushed out and next episode a Tony blindside .. ?? Well, yes .. but I think that if "The Tribe Has Spoken" Tony would turn around and say "Well played" and take it like a man ..

Uncle Willie

Old 04-25-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Spencer has a decent shot of beating Tony @ Final...
Tony has a lot of hate for him with the current jury members, & Spencer has a lot of sympathy..
We have seen that jury members often vote with emotion as much as logic, especially those blindsided by a remaining finalist..
If Specer can make it to the final he will have a lot of respect for his game play, & less jury people angry at him ...
I think perhaps also Kass, if she can manage to "make a big move", as well as make it to the end, may also have a shot against Tony ...
In fact, a case can be made that most of the remaining players have a better shot w/ Tony than with Spencer & should not yet flip against him . ...
Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM

Spencer could certainly win. He's overcome a lot of adversity to get this far. He was in the original brains tribe where he ended up at the bottom, made it to the merge. Survived Kass flipping after the merge, won an individual immunity and found an immunity idol. He also has no blood on his hands. I think he could win easily which is why the others have to vote him out. To get to the end Spencer is going to have to pull a Fabio and win every immunity challenge.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy7 View Post

Spencer could certainly win. He's overcome a lot of adversity to get this far. He was in the original brains tribe where he ended up at the bottom, made it to the merge. Survived Kass flipping after the merge, won an individual immunity and found an immunity idol. He also has no blood on his hands. I think he could win easily which is why the others have to vote him out. To get to the end Spencer is going to have to pull a Fabio and win every immunity challenge.

Spencer will not be in the final 3 because he has no more immunity idols, unless he can find more, he is doomed.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:

Are you kidding me? It was their ONLY play at that point. They were desperately trying to get Jeffra to act on her doubts (like Jeffra previously stated she would) and make a move before Jeremiah was voted out.

You could make an argument that they might vote for Tony anyway if it comes to that but that is far from a given especially with how Tony is often a bull in a china shop. The reason Spencer emphasized it at tribal was purely gameplay, a last ditch effort to recruit Jeffra and maybe others.