Survivor Cagayan Season 28 CBS - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 677 Old 04-02-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Holy moly, that was the best TC in the history of the game. Idols wasted, Kass flipping, she now has a target on her the size of Texas. Glad Jefra survived.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 176
What a crazy tribal council. Have they ever pulled two idols before? They were wasted (well not really, if Tony didn't play his they were voting for him). Crazy good episode.

I told my wife when that challenge started that watch when they get to the top, they will fall like dominos and sure enough it was one after the other. smile.gif

post #183 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Survivor may be the granddaddy of its genre, but last night's tribal council proved that it's just as fresh as ever.
post #184 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 71
OK, maybe this is "Monday Morning Quarterbacking", but I think Tony again overplayed his hand. If he had just shut up until after the vote, then played his idol, they could have been rid of his choice. Instead he got rid of an potentially strong ally, or at least cannon fodder for later. Tony just needs to learn when to SHUT UP.
post #185 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
It Tony was one tenth as smart as he thinks he is he might be a pretty good player. As it is, he's just a tool.
post #186 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Its Tony's ego, he is trying to show how smart he thinks he is.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #187 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

OK, maybe this is "Monday Morning Quarterbacking", but I think Tony again overplayed his hand. If he had just shut up until after the vote, then played his idol, they could have been rid of his choice. Instead he got rid of an potentially strong ally, or at least cannon fodder for later. Tony just needs to learn when to SHUT UP.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

It looked to me like Sarah was going no matter what. Tony and all of his group voted Sarah, as did Cass. If Tony had kept silent, how would the vote be any different?

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #188 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

It looked to me like Sarah was going no matter what. Tony and all of his group voted Sarah, as did Cass. If Tony had kept silent, how would the vote be any different?
Yes, Sarah certainly screwed herself big time last night. With all of the animosity she caused, I'm a bit shocked she didn't get even more votes.
post #189 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Kass went from final 3 in the Brains/Beauty alliance to #6 in the other, smart move ... wink.gif
Hughmc likes this.
post #190 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 AM

Wow, ok, maybe I wasn't clear. Tony could have said NOTHING about his Idol, and just used it for himself, and Sarah would have still gone. Not a word he said at Tribal was useful.
post #191 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 08:22 AM

Kas still can try to tell her first alliance "Sarah would have flipped, we're still 5-5, and now you guys can try to pick off the bottom over there."

PS. I do think she made a stupid move, because she didn't like Sarah "being in charge". (Even though Sarah eventually voted the way she was told to.)
Hughmc likes this.
post #192 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Big mistake by Tony proving he had the idol, then playing it ... Ego before strategy, same with Kass.
post #193 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
What a wild tribal council. I loved how Sarah who said she would decide who goes home ended up being voted out. This is turning out to be one of the best recent seasons of Survivor.

I find it interesting that both Woo and Trish could see literally from a mile away that Sarah would never flip to their alliance. While Tony who is a cop and is supposed to be able to read people still believed he could get Sarah to flip and come to their side. Trish was able to see the dynamics in the other alliance and read Kass perfectly and was able to get her to flip against her interests. Trish's game play really impressed me in this episode. I don't see how Kass wins with five people who hate her and will never vote for her. I could only see her beating Tony in a final two situation.
post #194 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

What a crazy tribal council. Have they ever pulled two idols before? They were wasted (well not really, if Tony didn't play his they were voting for him). Crazy good episode.

I told my wife when that challenge started that watch when they get to the top, they will fall like dominos and sure enough it was one after the other. smile.gif

Yes, Parvati had two idols and used one on Jerri and herself? And it worked to take out someone on the other faction.

Kass let her emotions come before strategy. She has no value to the other team other than maintaining a majority. There she goes proving the "Brains" label was a misnomer. And Tony is just a Bozo.
post #195 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sarah had everything figured out. LJ and Tony did not have the idol. She was in the best position and had all the control. She was "the president". People had to do what she said....oh wait a minute none of that was actually true. smile.gif. I'm glad she got the boot. Kass felt like she was at the bottom. Give Trish credit for being aware that Sarah made her feel this way and using it to her advantage. Side note...I think I am a fan of yoga now.
post #196 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What was Woo wearing on his feet during the challenge? Seems like he had a big advantage in winning.

Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Directv since '03
post #197 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Some sort of barefoot shoe. Contestants have wore similar shoes in previous seasons
post #198 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana627 View Post

What was Woo wearing on his feet during the challenge? Seems like he had a big advantage in winning.
I agree, seemed like a huge advantage. What doesn't everyone bring some kind of grippy water shoes?
I
post #199 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet ...:

From nearly the beginning of the episode, they were cutting over to Sarah giving her " Play by Plays" & episode comments while she was sitting on a rock .....
I very immediately noticed that her hair & face looked really clean, groomed & shampoo'd, and her clothes were also sparkling clean & unlike what she's had on the island ( clean Jean Shorts & a White & blue striped shirt) ...
It was so obvious each time they cut from her interview, to her filthy look on the island, & back

I said in the beginning, "well, either there's a reward challenge where Sarah gets to shower, shampoo & gets new clean clothes, or she's gone & these interviews were after tribal .. .."
It became an apparent spoiler for me soon after it was clear there was no such reward ...

I wish the directors of these shows would do a better job , This isn't the 1st time, & almost every Amazing race is similar, they splice in "play by play" interview segments taped after the challenges, & it's easy to see the teams that are all smiles, giggly & happy as they describe their challenge ordeal (not eliminated), & those that are much more somber or, if they are really upset/crying, they are the only team with "voice over" no interview video to their play by play, that you don't actually see their upset/red faces until the end, & either way it is often easy to figure out wht teams were on the bottom or in the bottom 2 ......
post #200 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet ...:

From nearly the beginning of the episode, they were cutting over to Sarah giving her " Play by Plays" & episode comments while she was sitting on a rock .....
I very immediately noticed that her hair & face looked really clean, groomed & shampoo'd, and her clothes were also sparkling clean & unlike what she's had on the island ( clean Jean Shorts & a White & blue striped shirt) ...
It was so obvious each time they cut from her interview, to her filthy look on the island, & back

I said in the beginning, "well, either there's a reward challenge where Sarah gets to shower, shampoo & gets new clean clothes, or she's gone & these interviews were after tribal .. .."
It became an apparent spoiler for me soon after it was clear there was no such reward ...

I wish the directors of these shows would do a better job , This isn't the 1st time, & almost every Amazing race is similar, they splice in "play by play" interview segments taped after the challenges, & it's easy to see the teams that are all smiles, giggly & happy as they describe their challenge ordeal (not eliminated), & those that are much more somber or, if they are really upset/crying, they are the only team with "voice over" no interview video to their play by play, that you don't actually see their upset/red faces until the end, & either way it is often easy to figure out wht teams were on the bottom or in the bottom 2 ......
Makes sense. The scene with Sarah talking to Tony she looks incredibly dirty and dingy. I don't remember her looking as bad in her commentary.
post #201 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
This and all reality shows are far from real.
Like Jeff pulling votes out last night and they just so happen to alternate between Sarah and Jefra (5-5)
post #202 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Tony wearing the idol last night was pretty smart. By doing so, he got to watch the other alliance scramble. And we got to watch the look of shock on Sarah's face when she realizes she's not as smart as she thinks she is. He ensured that people did not vote for him. Then, when he gave the idol to LJ, he ensured that LJ was protected, too. LJ shouldn't have played his, but he was probably so excited and wanted to cash in on the whole "HAHA YOU SUCK LOLZ I HAZ IDOL TOO" feeling.

Overall, a great episode.
post #203 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 12:36 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

This and all reality shows are far from real.
Like Jeff pulling votes out last night and they just so happen to alternate between Sarah and Jefra (5-5)

I believe they do sort out the votes before they are read for maximum effect & drama.. come on it's a TV show.
post #204 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Tony wearing the idol last night was pretty smart. By doing so, he got to watch the other alliance scramble. And we got to watch the look of shock on Sarah's face when she realizes she's not as smart as she thinks she is. He ensured that people did not vote for him. Then, when he gave the idol to LJ, he ensured that LJ was protected, too. LJ shouldn't have played his, but he was probably so excited and wanted to cash in on the whole "HAHA YOU SUCK LOLZ I HAZ IDOL TOO" feeling.

I am not sure if LJ used his idol for that reason or if he felt like it would come back to bite him later in the game if he didn't use it to protect Tony. I can imagine Tony would have been pissed if he found out later in the game that LJ had an idol and was only out to protect himself.
post #205 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Kas still can try to tell her first alliance "Sarah would have flipped, we're still 5-5, and now you guys can try to pick off the bottom over there."

PS. I do think she made a stupid move, because she didn't like Sarah "being in charge". (Even though Sarah eventually voted the way she was told to.)

not only a stupid move, but she didn't gain power by doing what Sarah would have done...or rather usurp power, because she became the negative opposite of what Sarah was trying to be...it is one thing to be the one with power to go either way, but it was a positive power...in Kass' hands it is negative power. SO Kass doesn't like Sarah or what Sarah was doing...so she does it...maybe because she is more like her than her resentment wants to own wink.gif and brains? There are a lot of book smart/brain dead people..trust me at 52 and back in college...remember the nuclear engineer...lol. I know many people way more capable than her and I am sure there are people with less knowledge than she has in her field yet are more capable. There are several A , genius IQ students in chemistry but I wouldn't trust them in a lab handling chems or out in the field
post #206 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

Is wasn't that Sarah isn't as smart as she thinks...it was Kass being dumber than she thinks which speaks volumes considering Kass is supposed to be brain
post #207 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

Is wasn't that Sarah isn't as smart as she thinks...it was Kass being dumber than she thinks which speaks volumes considering Kass is supposed to be brain

I don't know, if you were in a 5 person alliance and then people stopped listening to you, what would you think? Kass felt that her own brain tribe was neglecting her. That makes her rock bottom on the alliance. Though you are right, now she's rock bottom on the other alliance as well. YET the perfect person to take to the end. Kass has lost 5 jury votes. That's HUGE.
Hughmc likes this.
post #208 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 04:13 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

Quote:

I think it's both.  Sarah swore up and down to her tribe that no way did Tony have an idol.... And she never thought they would vote for her, even though she was being completely non-committal in whether or not she was going to side with them at tribal.  Every time they show a confessional with someone crowing about how they are the "swing vote" and have all the power it's often the kiss of death, because what it usually means is that they are the one that isn't in any position of power on either side.  Prior to the game I thought Sarah might be a good player but as it turns out she made all kinds of mistakes and didn't seem to play with much insight.

And Kass... she's played an odd game so far.  At least from the editing it seems like she's actually gone out of her way to piss people off at every turn, and for no real reason.  She seems overly paranoid and it's turning out to be self fulfilling as she's the one that's making trouble for herself.  She's not smooth or stealthy and just plays with the subtlety of a hammer instead.  On top of all that she can't dismiss her emotions long enough to play the game.  Who cares if someone else wants to act like the boss?  Sometimes it's just better to let the other person think they are the boss in order to move forward, as long as it's not really going to mess up your game.  Some would say that is the key to successful relationships in the real world too :D

ron

Hughmc and hooked01 like this.
post #209 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 374
In a game where you finally see multiple people really thinking and being strategic about the game to see such a huge flip over high school dramatics is amazing. Kass made possibly one of the dumber moves in Survivor. One, you do appease the person for as long as you need them then you cut them loose. All she had to do was swallow her pride for a few days and then make her move. Two, her point had been proven Sarah did not know what she was talking about, and she had already lost standing with the tribe. Voting her out was an act of spite not only to her, but her former tribe. How do you get votes from those people at the final tribal? And the biggest problem is those people out number the people who would be grateful to you.

It just boggles the mind, she could have come back from that tribal as the true leader of the team with numbers. Now she has no chance to win. You can not win the game this early, but you certainly can loose it.
Hughmc likes this.
post #210 of 677 Old 04-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Seems like, if Kass hated Sarah so much, all she had to do was vote out Jefra now and then vote Kass next after they had the 6-4 majority. The 5 they had left were seemingly rock solid and I think they would have held up against the 4 left.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page