post #91 of 113 Old 04-29-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Although there were some good performances, I wasn't happy with most of the "WTF" song choices last night.

I was the opposite, and thought only Tess and Jake had poor choices/performances.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 113 Old 04-29-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Delvin absolutely killed that last night. That was cool! biggrin.gif

I would have to say that Bria and Tess are the ones in trouble tonight.
Bria because all the judges didn't like it and even though they still tried to tell her she was great, they all made it known it didn't work.
Tess simply because she was almost gone last week. I personally liked it, but it's obvious she isn't a favorite with America.
post #93 of 113 Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I thought Christina had the performance of the night, just amazing! Seems like she's been flying under the radar.
post #94 of 113 Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Delvin absolutely killed that last night. That was cool! biggrin.gif

I would have to say that Bria and Tess are the ones in trouble tonight.
Bria because all the judges didn't like it and even though they still tried to tell her she was great, they all made it known it didn't work.
Tess simply because she was almost gone last week. I personally liked it, but it's obvious she isn't a favorite with America.

Yes on Delvin ..

I also agree that Bria and Tess may be in trouble .. although Jake had what I thought was his worst performance, he'll likely pass through on personality ..

And the fabricated "I just Tweeted Adams Phone Number" bit .. ?? Really .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #95 of 113 Old 05-06-2014, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

I've got Delvin and Kat as being 2 of the 3 that go tonight, but I honestly have no clue on who would be the 3rd. Eventually America is going to have to choose between two Country chicks and Audra and Kristen will end up splitting votes. Do I see that happening this week? Not sure, but if I had to guess on the 3rd going tonight, if that scenario happens it will be Audra or Josh going.

So, now that they've introduced the two new coaches, how long will it be before the end of this season and the start of the next? A whopping 2 months? rolleyes.gif

*EDIT* - Looking at the iTunes charts (if I'm looking at the right one as there seems to be multiple charts) the bottom 3 would be Delvin, Audra, and Sisaundra.
post #96 of 113 Old 05-07-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Kat killed Barracuda, which saved her. I like her... and Christina... and Josh.

post #97 of 113 Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Although I have in the past complained about Sisaundra's put on personality, I have to say she absolutely killed "River Deep, Mountain High" .. and her elimination proves what we really already know .. once America gets the vote, it becomes a personality contest more than a vocal contest ..

Josh with his Michael McDonald channeling is an excellent singer ..

I thought Audra kept getting better week in and week out and was a little surprised to see her go ..

My guess :

Josh for the Win
Jake second place
Christina in the third spot, and a possible Dark Horse winner
Kristen
Kat .. who I don't think will make it to the Finals but could start her own Cher tribute band ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #98 of 113 Old 05-08-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

While I am a Rock fan first and foremost and like Kat, I'm surprised she has survived the past two weeks considering America seems to hate rockers on these shows.
post #99 of 113 Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

So, personally I think they all did a good job, but someone has got to go. I would say the bottom 2 this week will be Kat and Jake. I'm actually torn between Jake and Kristen, but overall she seems to be doing better on iTunes than he does, so I'll roll the dice and say he's gone..

I say Kat because America seems to hate rockers on these shows (Terry McDermott was a strange anomaly even though he sucked as a rocker) and because she was in the bottom the past two weeks. It's apparent that she isn't one of America's faves.
Now, I'm saying the other elimination has to be between Jake and Kristen simply because I can't see two Country artists moving on to the finale. Just like I felt she and Audra were destined to split votes at some point, I can see the same happening here with Jake. Honestly, I have a hard time choosing Jake because I can't imagine Blake not having anyone in the finale. It wouldn't surprise me if Kristen goes instead because of the Blake factor though.

Josh is clearly safe and at this point the probable winner.
I personally am not a fan of Christina, but America seems to love the way she changes up songs so I can't see her going. That song though with her using that instrument that played back her voice as a background melody was annoying to listen to IMO. When it stopped the song was okay, but hearing her twice was distracting and annoying.

*EDIT* - Of course now that I say that about Kristen doing better overall on iTunes than Jake, I just checked and his songs are ranking higher than hers.
post #100 of 113 Old 05-13-2014, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Kat Perkins .. I'd say she's going home .. Kristen Merlin has kinda grown on me over the season, but, if I had to guess, I'd say she's going too, although I think she's a better singer than Christina Grimmie ..

Jake Worthington did a great job on "Good Ol' Boys" .. "Heaven" was very weak and off key in some spots .. but, he's popular with the voting public ..

And why does Christina Grimmie look like she's pissed off so much of the time .. ??

I'd pick Josh Kaufman to win, but the voters and iTunes buyers are a fickle lot .. I don't see Blakes comparison of Josh to Robert Palmer .. if anything, Josh is closer to Michael McDonald ..

At any rate, I'm ready for the season to be over ...

Uncle Willie

post #101 of 113 Old 05-14-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

And why does Christina Grimmie look like she's pissed off so much of the time .. ??

She has to control her ticks and learn to smile on camera.

post #102 of 113 Old 05-14-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I doubt it was, but I am really hoping Adam's little dig about 3 people being in the bottom of the final 5 was more towards letting America continue to use that stupid Twitter save. Seriously, enough with that crap! If the bottom 2 didn't get enough votes over how long the voting period is, then that's it, they're gone. It's not fair for the 3rd least vote getter to be at risk for a 5 minute window.
post #103 of 113 Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

I doubt it was, but I am really hoping Adam's little dig about 3 people being in the bottom of the final 5 was more towards letting America continue to use that stupid Twitter save. Seriously, enough with that crap! If the bottom 2 didn't get enough votes over how long the voting period is, then that's it, they're gone. It's not fair for the 3rd least vote getter to be at risk for a 5 minute window.
\
Yeah, I agree, at this stage the save is stupid. Only those who watch it live can vote, I rarely watch anything live, but especially results shows. Glad she was saved though.
post #104 of 113 Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

When we reach this point, like I've said in previous threads, the save rigs the game .. and I don't really care for the "sing for your supper" bit either ..

Uncle Willie

post #105 of 113 Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

As we get ready to wrap up the season, it's Josh or Christina in a horserace, IMO .. Jake, for all his charisma, is just not a great singer ..

Blake breaks into another sweat during his duet with Shakira .. and what a God awful song THAT was .. "Medicine" indeed .. I needed some by the time it was over ..

No season of a show has ever felt longer than this one .. if I have to hear Shakira say "Your timbre is just so good, your falsetto is just so great, your upper register is just the best .. etc " .. and Adam "We all love you" .. etc ..

Uncle Willie

post #106 of 113 Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

No season of a show has ever felt longer than this one .. if I have to hear Shakira say "Your timbre is just so good, your falsetto is just so great, your upper register is just the best .. etc " .. and Adam "We all love you" .. etc ..

Don't forget Adam constantly having to say to a former team member how he or she used to be on his team and he's an idiot for letting them go. rolleyes.gif

Aside from that, my biggest pet peeve with the coaches is when they say to a competitor how no one sounds like them. Really? They are so unique that NO ONE in the whole world sounds like this person? Shut up!
post #107 of 113 Old 05-21-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Indianapolis lost the Super Bowl bid to Minneapolis yesterday, The Indiana Pacers lost to the Miami Heat last night, but Indianapolis's own Josh Kaufman WON The Voice!! smile.gifsmile.gif
post #108 of 113 Old 05-22-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Well, at least the "Pillsbury Cowboy" didn't win.
Distorted likes this.
post #109 of 113 Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Well, at least the "Pillsbury Cowboy" didn't win.

Good one!biggrin.gif

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #110 of 113 Old 05-23-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

The wife and I stopped watching Idol a while back, so I had no idea about what was going on this season. I just found out about their winner Caleb Johnson today.

Why the hell can't The Voice have someone like that on? mad.gif
That's the kind of singer and music I want to see and it sucks that rockers on this show are pretty much looked down on as if they are performing a long forgotten genre that no one cares about.

Yeah, we've had rockers every season, but they are always playing 2nd fiddle to the Country and teen pop stars.
post #111 of 113 Old 05-23-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:

The wife and I stopped watching Idol a while back, so I had no idea about what was going on this season. I just found out about their winner Caleb Johnson today.

That's the kind of singer and music I want to see and it sucks that rockers on this show are pretty much looked down on as if they are performing a long forgotten genre that no one cares about.

Yeah, we've had rockers every season, but they are always playing 2nd fiddle to the Country and teen pop stars.

Idol's decline and Voice's rise just gives proof to the notion that people don't watch these shows for the contestants. With only a couple of exceptions, they're only marginally talented, totally interchangeable, and completely forgettable. People watch these shows for the judges, and right now, The Voice has a much more attractive slate of them. Idol's disastrous choices in that department in the last few years (along with Simon Cowel's departure) are what set it on the road to ruin. A long road, to be sure, but the handwriting is on the wall. Thank goodness.
post #112 of 113 Old 05-23-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Pretty much what Arch said .. and I'll take it a step further .. the Voice since Season One, has had Blake and Adam as it's cornerstones (literally on each side of the chair row) .. the draw of these two guys cannot be underestimated .. Blake is essentially the King of Country these days and Adam not only is a hitmaker in his own right / Maroon 5 but draws in the girls / ladies by the droves by being the sensitive, caring and nurturing male that most females wish we all were .. Steven Tyler once said something to the effect that he was half man half woman .. Adam is probably more woman in his feelings and women like that and tune in ..

Voice has also been very good at the Coach rotation .. Xtina has a massive fan base / CeeLo and his quirks / the signing of Usher was the stuff that shows like this dream of and Shakira brings in the International populace and the largest growing segment of the US, Latinos ..

The thing is, with the formula, until the public gets really tired of it, is such that Voice may not actually need to produce it's own Kelly Clarkson et al in order to be successful .. although, without a doubt, the producers would like a big breakout star .. and once again, this season, Josh ain't it .. as well as he can sing, the World is really not looking for another Michael McDonald or Michael Bolton ..

Uncle Willie

post #113 of 113 Old 09-05-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The Voice NBC HD Season 7 Sept. 22, 2014 Premier

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page