The Voice NBC HD Season 6 February 24th, 2014 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 113 Old 01-02-2014, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Regardless of my personal feelings toward NBC beating this thing to death with seasons far too close together .. Usher and Shakira return, so at least we get another changeup ..

And I don't know if any of you watched the Tournament of Roses Parade on 01/01/14 .. but ..

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/voice-rose-parade-float-totally-sinks-223711313.html

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 110
CBS?

Me thinks you should get the subject changed to NBC.
post #3 of 113 Old 01-02-2014, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

CBS?

Me thinks you should get the subject changed to NBC.

I guess the coffee had not fully kicked it yet .. or that touch of Old-Timers I'm plagued with .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #4 of 113 Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Man it's not just the seasons being too close. The episodes are jam packed. I got behind and stayed behind. I was trying to catch up over Christmas, and plowed through to the start of the live shows. Unfortunately, before I could finish, a stupid honking talk show repeat that was on in the background while I was doing stuff around the house reveals the winner (I had avoided the thread and all media til I could get through the episodes). So I just deleted the remaining 20 or so hours I had to watch. There's too much going on to deal with 4-5 hours of this per week. I'm probably not watching this anymore, because I have no hope of keeping up with the weekly content.
post #5 of 113 Old 02-19-2014, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.thewrap.com/cee-lo-green-quits-voice/

Uncle Willie

post #6 of 113 Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I'm wondering who will take CeeLo's place. Will it be Shakira or Usher? Or will they find another newbie?

Personally I'm hoping for it to be Shakira full time, but I could see Little Miss Diva Christina having a problem having to share time with another, hotter woman on screen.

Oh, and I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. There are way too many of these seasons. Christ, it feels like the last one just ended.

post #7 of 113 Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well Christina is apparently pregnant according to the news tonight, so it wouldn't surprise me to see both Usher and Shakira back for the spring cycle also.
post #8 of 113 Old 02-21-2014, 07:44 PM

The Voice Coaches Performance - The Voice Premiere Preview
post #9 of 113 Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 PM

Voice Premiere Sneak Peek: Bria Kelly "Steamroller Blues"

post #10 of 113 Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Shakira being hot is about the only thing that really stood out the 1st two days.

post #11 of 113 Old 02-27-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 192

I noticed they really played up the judges' interaction which I think was a good thing. Now after a couple of weeks it gets old and boring but like the first few days of school it's always nice to see everyone and spend some time with them.

| 
|
|
|
post #12 of 113 Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If past seasons are any indication, they saved the best singers for the last chair round or two .. at least I hope so ..

The Blake Bionic Finger is getting a little old .. and the medley of Coach songs had to be a mixed video edit, because during one very short spot, Blake was sweating and then was suddenly dry .. I'm tellin' ya, you get Blake on stage with Shakira and he's .. well, use your imagination .. tongue.gif

I'm hoping Shakira or Usher wins this season ..

Uncle Willie

post #13 of 113 Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
NBC has beaten this horse into the ground so deeply that I don't even find the audition phase enjoyable anymore.
post #14 of 113 Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've enjoyed this weeks shows, the blinds are my favorite part ...
post #15 of 113 Old 02-28-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

The Blake Bionic Finger is getting a little old ..

Add in the Blake yelling "NO!" every time another judge turns after him or Shakira saying the female contestant needs a woman (Christina did this all the time too) to coach her.

post #16 of 113 Old 02-28-2014, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

I've enjoyed this weeks shows, the blinds are my favorite part ...

I guess if I had to pick a favorite part, it would probably be the Battle Rounds .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #17 of 113 Old 02-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
We are actually enjoying it quite a bit so far. I think the biggest difference is not in this show, but in the fact that we finally stopped watching Idol, so we are not as fatigued by the whole genre this time around. It would be even better if they only had it once per year.
post #18 of 113 Old 02-28-2014, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

We are actually enjoying it quite a bit so far. I think the biggest difference is not in this show, but in the fact that we finally stopped watching Idol, so we are not as fatigued by the whole genre this time around. It would be even better if they only had it once per year.

Well, I dropped in on Idol for a few minutes yesterday as I was channel flipping .. although it seems to have gone thru a few changes (which almost, in a way, seem to emulate another show .. wink.gif ) .. it still seemed contrived and staged .. I had not watched any of it since the Steven Tyler season ..

My biggest beef with The Voice is the twice a year bit .. it seemed like we just finished last season and here we are again ..

I believe Shakira and Usher are better mentors / coaches than CeeLo and Xtina .. CeeLo is just way off in left field sometimes and Xtina wants us to know just how much a Diva she is .. although she did seem to tone it down some last season ..

I also think Shakira and Usher make for better TV ..

Uncle Willie

post #19 of 113 Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm calling it now, if a contestant doesn't do this song in the Blinds, then Adam will choose it for the Battle Rounds.

Cage the Elephant "Come a Little Closer"

post #20 of 113 Old 03-17-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Last season got a bit stale for me but this season has been much better. Usher and, especially, Shakira bring so much more to the table than Cee lo and Christina. They are both funny and vibrant and that lets Blake and Adam really cut loose in their often hilarious Bromance act. One of the funniest moments occurred when Blake and Shakira were battling for a singer and Adam and Usher stepped off the side wildly and hyper-adoringly applauding everything that Shakira uttered. It was good stuff. The contestants seem pretty strong and if the teaser clips of the battle rounds are any indication, the coaches are going to have some very difficult decisions to make.
post #21 of 113 Old 03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Celo was hard to take since he has no talent at all.
Xtina was very annoying and was muted in our house

Usher is ok save for him mentioning that a hole Justin Bieber evey other show
But at least with Shakira you can tell she is intelligent even through her accent

As for the show being fixed well that would be no shock to me
post #22 of 113 Old 03-17-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

Celo was hard to take since he has no talent at all.
Xtina was very annoying and was muted in our house

But at least with Shakira you can tell she is intelligent even through her accent

As for the show being fixed well that would be no shock to me

I'm guessing there are at least a few of the music buying public that believes he has talent .. wink.gif

All shows of this type have a degree of being fixed .. the voting public is led in one way or another to the particular contestant that the producers would like to win .. and it's generally the one they think can be the most commercially successful, not necessarily the best singer ..

Now that the blinds are over and the Battles begin, it's moving into one of my personal favorite parts .. "Let the Battles Begin .. "biggrin.gif

Uncle Willie

post #23 of 113 Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

I wonder if he's still proud of that worthless punk now. rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry, but what were the coaches on last night because I might want some to make me as delusional as they were. In what world was that final battle of Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" even close to being good? That SUCKED from both contestants, yet all the coaches praised it like it was the greatest thing they've ever heard.

That was definitely one battle that should have been relegated to the highlight clips.

post #24 of 113 Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
In a first for us, my wife and I both enjoyed every single battle and every singer. We thought the show terrific entertainment and a testament to the coaches as well as the talent.
osu1991 likes this.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #25 of 113 Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I'm sorry, but what were the coaches on last night because I might want some to make me as delusional as they were. In what world was that final battle of Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" even close to being good? That SUCKED from both contestants, yet all the coaches praised it like it was the greatest thing they've ever heard.

That was definitely one battle that should have been relegated to the highlight clips.

My wife and I had the same thoughts. Saw Steve Winwood last year, the performances last night were cringe worthy in comparison.
post #26 of 113 Old 03-18-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
If you compare a cover to an original, and often iconic original, you are spring-loaded to be disappointed. IMHO, it is the object of the process in enjoying music to be entertained, not to be critical. Turning down my overly developed critical nature helps the process, when I can manage it, especially in talent shows. I save plenty of room to be wowed by the exceptional though.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #27 of 113 Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

If you compare a cover to an original, and often iconic original, you are spring-loaded to be disappointed. IMHO, it is the object of the process in enjoying music to be entertained, not to be critical. Turning down my overly developed critical nature helps the process, when I can manage it, especially in talent shows. I save plenty of room to be wowed by the exceptional though.

It's not so much comparing it to the original, as I expect these singers to put their own spin on things, but to me both of their vocals sucked. IMO it did not sound good at all, regardless of what style they chose.

post #28 of 113 Old 03-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I'm not really blown away by anyone I've seen so far. I might not be paying attention too well, though. No one has stood out for me.

I feel bad for Shakira though, if Adam or Blake and Shakira have pushed buttons, no one will choose her. She seems really smart too. I want to see her win just to shut these guys up about winning in the past.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #29 of 113 Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

For as much as I like Shakira, when it comes to making a decision she really doesn't seem to have a mind of her own.

It is very, VERY rare that she will ever push her button first. She usually sits there looking at the other guys and as soon as they push, she does the same.

post #30 of 113 Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

For as much as I like Shakira, when it comes to making a decision she really doesn't seem to have a mind of her own.

It is very, VERY rare that she will ever push her button first. She usually sits there looking at the other guys and as soon as they push, she does the same.

Women .. what can you do .. ?? wink.gif

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page