Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 42 Old 07-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Rumor has it (Tivo Forum) that they will be scheduled on Sunday afternoons. I have NOT been able to confirm that yet via guide data.
(And I'm not sure I care enough to look hard.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 07-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS-MI View Post
Rumor has it (Tivo Forum) that they will be scheduled on Sunday afternoons.
Here you go: The Assets: Unaired Episodes to Run Sunday Afternoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the linked story
Episodes five (“Check Mate”) and six (“Small Useless Truth”) will run on July 27th at 4pm and 5pm. Episodes seven (“The Straw Poll”) and eight (“Avenger”) will then air on August 3rd at 4pm and 5pm.
Quote:
(And I'm not sure I care enough to look hard.)
I must admit my enthusiasm for the series is also waning. For example, I have episodes 3 & 4 on my DVR but I haven't watched more than about 2 minutes of episode 3, and I already have too many better things to watch.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #33 of 42 Old 07-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
Thanks for schedule. Hopefully, my Tivo will notice.
post #34 of 42 Old 07-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 133
And hopefully ABC won't change its mind again.

My Comcast HD DVR's programming guide goes out at most 10 days. Worse, a title search appears to look forward only 7 days. But I have a system for reminding me of a future show ... if I have a date for it.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #35 of 42 Old 07-02-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Thanks for schedule. Hopefully, my Tivo will notice.
It you have either a season pass or wishlist setup on your TiVo for The Assets, it should catch and record the rest of the episodes -- unless ABC changes its mind, again, that is. Because the TiVo guide data only goes out about 11 days, there is no way to tell yet. I guess all we can do for the moment is keep our fingers crossed. I have rather liked the show, it has done a remarkably good job, at least by TV network standards, of maintaining historical accuracy.
post #36 of 42 Old 07-04-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
It you have either a season pass or wishlist setup on your TiVo for The Assets, it should catch and record the rest of the episodes -- unless ABC changes its mind, again, that is. Because the TiVo guide data only goes out about 11 days, there is no way to tell yet. I guess all we can do for the moment is keep our fingers crossed. I have rather liked the show, it has done a remarkably good job, at least by TV network standards, of maintaining historical accuracy.
I would also suggest one change their SP to include recording reruns. No way to tell how accurate the guide data will be. Then I guess there may also be issues with sports programming overruns.

At least they are burning them off. I loved the actress from Ep 4 representing the new agent heading up the mole hunt. Reminded me of someone I knew.

Jdg
post #37 of 42 Old 07-04-2014, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDG View Post
I loved the actress from Ep 4 representing the new agent heading up the mole hunt. Reminded me of someone I knew.
I agree that Harriet Walker, who played Jeanne Vertefeuille, has been terrific. She has conveyed what a hardbitten, singleminded, loner the real life Jeanne Vertefeuille was.
post #38 of 42 Old 07-05-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I've never even heard of this until I saw last week's ep. Thought it was interesting; I'd like to see more. Unfortunately, the general viewing public only likes shows that are loud and dumb...

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #39 of 42 Old 07-06-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 38
There is always online. I'm sure they will put the rest of them there in the next month.
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-assets
post #40 of 42 Old 08-02-2014, 03:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Imagine my surprise during the 6th episode that the tape deck that was used is mine. OK, not exactly mine, but the exact same model that I have, the Sony TC-651. Mine is fully functional. I need a new capstan belt, but it is still working.

The only thing they got wrong was at the end when the tape ran out. When that happens, the tape break switch causes the deck to stop, as if you pushed the black stop button. Oh well.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #41 of 42 Old 08-03-2014, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Local affiliate showed what I assume is the final ep this afternoon. I'm late to this show and vaguely remember events that actually happened; perhaps will catch up online when time allows.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #42 of 42 Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Have not yet seen the last two episodes of the Assets that ABC has been burning off at odd times after canceling the show. I have, however. safely recorded them on my TiVo and am looking forward to watching them. Although the American accents of several of the show's largely British cast have been lacking. I have loved the story. It is not only excellent dramatically but recounts the history of the Aldrich Ames scandal at the CIA with remarkable accuracy. I just wish every series ABC airs could be even close to as good.

Last edited by gwsat; 08-04-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page