1Likes

post #1 of 35 Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815

Tonite I watched the opening episode.
Not really a fan of werewolf stuff, but I was impressed with this.

It also helps to have one of the sexiest babes around (Laura Vandervoort from the failed V series) in the starring role, and who just so happens to show a lot of skin in the role too.wink.gif

So far, so good.
I'll keep watching.smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It also helps to have one of the sexiest babes around (Laura Vandervoort from the failed V series)

She was a hot Supergirl too. But hard to build up enthusiasm for anything on the SyFy channel

post #3 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

She was a hot Supergirl too. But hard to build up enthusiasm for anything on the SyFy channel

Actually, I thought Helix was pretty good. I recorded Bitten and will give it a look.
post #4 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

What do you think about Continuum and Defiance?

post #5 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 304
If Nina Dobrev guest starred in an episode, would she and Vandervoort together qualify as a hybrid? biggrin.gif
post #6 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

If Nina Dobrev guest starred in an episode, would she and Vandervoort together qualify as a hybrid? biggrin.gif
Uhhhhhh......biggrin.gif

post #7 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Missed this. Just set the DVR to catch Ep1 on a rerun. at least we'll check it out.

I know I wasn't asked but here's my opinions on these 2 shows wink.gif

Continnum - Slow to start in S1 (IMO) and I thought it was going to be pretty predictable but S2 was pretty good with some very interesting twists.
Turning out to be good SF show + very attractive eye candy actress biggrin.gif

Defiance - Just OK, disappointed in S1 but will continue to watch just in hopes it gets better & watch something to support this channel rolleyes.gif Cliched stuff. even weird aliens couldn't make it better vs Farscape which had the magic between the characters. The DJ alien kid & orange hair girl were both annoying at times and the DJ kid romance-with-Native American-girl angle was boring. Show kind of reminded me of a better version of Terra Nova. Soap opera SF.

I'm hoping Bitten is worth while for another journey down supernatural lane, as if we don't have enough of those on SyFy wink.gif

Steve
post #8 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

Continnum - Slow to start in S1 (IMO) and I thought it was going to be pretty predictable but S2 was pretty good with some very interesting twists.
Turning out to be good SF show + very attractive eye candy actress biggrin.gif

Defiance - Just OK, disappointed in S1 but will continue to watch just in hopes it gets better & watch something to support this channel rolleyes.gif Cliched stuff. even weird aliens couldn't make it better vs Farscape which had the magic between the characters. The DJ alien kid & orange hair girl were both annoying at times and the DJ kid romance-with-Native American-girl angle was boring. Show kind of reminded me of a better version of Terra Nova. Soap opera SF.
Completely agree.

Quote:
I'm hoping Bitten is worth while for another journey down supernatural lane, as if we don't have enough of those on SyFy wink.gif
Yeah, usually the CW is the channel for that kind of stuff.wink.gif

post #9 of 35 Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Last night's 2nd episode was strong, but I do have a few complaints.

1) The CGI wolves are pretty bad. Yeah, I know, they don't have a lot of money to work with. But still...
2) The sexual tension between Elena and her packmate is dumb and should be eliminated from the show.
3) The "CHANGING" in a small town full of wolf hunters was illogical and not credible.

Also, I noticed there was a lot of blocking in the video....anyone else notice this?

post #10 of 35 Old 01-21-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

2) The sexual tension between Elena and her packmate is dumb and should be eliminated from the show.
I haven't seen it (only basic cable to make the internet cheaper and it is not on Hulu), but since it is based on Kelley Armstrong's books, that is likely mirroring a fairly big story-line in them. It has been a couple of years since I read them, I remember them as an entertaining mix of [teen identity fantasy], [female empowerment], and [bodice rippers].

v/r,
C-F
post #11 of 35 Old 01-21-2014, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post

I haven't seen it (only basic cable to make the internet cheaper and it is not on Hulu), but since it is based on Kelley Armstrong's books, that is likely mirroring a fairly big story-line in them. It has been a couple of years since I read them, I remember them as an entertaining mix of [teen identity fantasy], [female empowerment], and [bodice rippers].

v/r,
C-F
It looks like the 2 episodes can be watched here:
http://www.syfy.com/now/#show/Bitten

post #12 of 35 Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the link, but I only have the Digital Economy package. It is not basic/lifeline cable, but it does not have SyFy, so it doesn't help me to sign into SyFy Now (or with Hulu - I wait for Haven and WH13).

v/r,
C-F
post #13 of 35 Old 01-22-2014, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post

Thanks for the link, but I only have the Digital Economy package. It is not basic/lifeline cable, but it does not have SyFy, so it doesn't help me to sign into SyFy Now (or with Hulu - I wait for Haven and WH13).

v/r,
C-F
Sorry to hear.

post #14 of 35 Old 01-22-2014, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I am liking this thus far. I know the cgi is limited but the story so far has been done well. Its not spoon feeding the mythology and is parsing it out slowly which I like. I am sort of hating the fact that I watch a lot of fantasy shows with werewolves, witches, vampires and other assorted monsters.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #15 of 35 Old 01-24-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

since many times oink and I agree on things, I gave this a try. watched rerun of Ep1 and tried to watch Ep2.

sorry, guys, even the sexy, beautiful Laura Vandervort can't save this for me frown.gif
I fast forwarded the last 5+ min of Ep 1 because nothing was happening. and 15 min into Ep 2 I was so bored, I deleted it.

I have no problem with "soap opera" drama shows. in fact one of my favs in my teen years was Peyton Place redface.gif

but this is so slow paced, not even the bare back, moaning of Laura's character, while manhands were seeking the sweet spot eek.gif wasn't enough for me to continue watching. it's obvious SyFy throws that titulating stuff in there to keep the male audience going but the story is so weak...

this is one show I have to say I don't agree with you folks. I don't know if it's trying to be a True Blood clone, keeping the soap but without the wackiness & weird characters. but so far, I don't see the point of the story other than she doesn't want to be there, has issues with the head of the pack/clan/house/manor/whatever. and the "pup" lines were too cutesy tongue.gif

to me, it just seemed like a werewolf version of Twilight style soap.

good wishes, everyone....I did give it a try smile.gif

Steve
post #16 of 35 Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

It is slow, I'll admit that, and it does need to pick up its pace.

I did think the latter half of the 2nd episode picked up and set the show on a trajectory of sorts.

This show reminds me more of The Vampire Diaries than anything else, which I have enjoyed over the years.

However, without Ms. Laura, I would be gone.wink.gif

post #17 of 35 Old 01-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The show seems to be improving. They need to stick with the idea that running in wolflike packs as human hybrids brings a camaraderie and good-fellowship of a human bonding to more noble goals or not. They also need to develop another female character to rival the lead female character in the show. Also, the show is getting good enough without Ms. Laura dropping her panties about every show.
post #18 of 35 Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post

They also need to develop another female character to rival the lead female character in the show.
Agreed.

Quote:
Also, the show is getting good enough without Ms. Laura dropping her panties about every show.
Ms. Laura should ALWAYS be "dropping her panties."wink.gif

post #19 of 35 Old 01-28-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

^^
eek.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

btw - I re-recorded Ep2 and watched over the weekend. not as bad as I originally thought but still not as good as I would hope.

I'm going to watch Ep3 before deciding not to watch the series. if nothing else I'll get to see Ms Laura drop 'em again wink.gif

Steve
post #20 of 35 Old 01-28-2014, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

^^
if nothing else I'll get to see Ms Laura drop 'em again wink.gif
ALWAYS worth the price of admission!tongue.gif

To be serious for a moment (yeah, I know), I don't like the way this series, and Hollywood in general, demonizes wolves.
I am a big supporter of bringing wolves back to the American West.

post #21 of 35 Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess this thread dropped off the radar screen, kind of like the show eek.gif

I've been watching and last week's episode is it...I deleted the show from DVR. each ep is the same - another one of the pack gets killed, a mutt causes problems & will she or won't she go with wolf-man or normal-man? who cares, I don't. and next week's ep guide just looks like more of the same. the show is going nowhere.

I gave it an honest shot, but IMO, this show is a clunker and not deserving of another season. my original impression held despite 6 episodes in. nothing against the actresses and actors, but the story is not compelling to wade thru the sappiness.

I wonder if this thread having no new posts in 1-1/2 mo kind of suggests something? wink.gif

Steve
post #22 of 35 Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

For whatever reason, I like this show and find it a nice duo with Being Human both on SyFy. There are a lot of shows that have a decent premise but one that cannot really be sustained. This might well be one of them. I liked that we were dropped in the middle of a crisis and that the back story has been slow in coming. Not sure what happens after the war is over but you still have the idea that the life is not very good for the adults. I find this more of an adult version of the teens shows like the Vampire Diaries.

post #23 of 35 Old 03-13-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

For whatever reason, I like this show and find it a nice duo with Being Human both on SyFy.

that's probably why you like it & I don't wink.gif I don't watch Being Human - that story has no interest for me either. most of the posters in Black Sails thread don't like it but I do so go figure.

the only supernatural or quasi-supernatural shows on SyFy I enjoy(ed) are/were Haven & Sanctuary. Haven because it has interesting characters & overall story arc that seems to go somewhere & its overall mystery. I liked the actors & characters in Haven, the sarcastic back & forth between Duke & Nathan, Vince & Dave. plus, to be honest, I think the actors in Haven did a much better job of keeping their characters fresh & interesting.

if you don't have an interest in the characters in a story, it's hard to like it, even with a good premise smile.gif

speaking of Haven, I see SyFy has committed to 26 new episodes, that's a good sign.

Steve
post #24 of 35 Old 03-13-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

I guess this thread dropped off the radar screen, kind of like the show eek.gif

I've been watching and last week's episode is it...I deleted the show from DVR. each ep is the same - another one of the pack gets killed, a mutt causes problems & will she or won't she go with wolf-man or normal-man? who cares, I don't. and next week's ep guide just looks like more of the same. the show is going nowhere.

I gave it an honest shot, but IMO, this show is a clunker and not deserving of another season. my original impression held despite 6 episodes in. nothing against the actresses and actors, but the story is not compelling to wade thru the sappiness.

I wonder if this thread having no new posts in 1-1/2 mo kind of suggests something? wink.gif

Pretty much the same thing here. I love Being Human, but as of last week's episode, I lost interest in Bitten. I just got to the point where I didn't really care about the characters or their predicament or whom the main female character ended up with romantically. The most interesting and likeable pack members kept getting killed off it seemed and the villains weren't particularly interesting either.
post #25 of 35 Old 03-13-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I haven't watched this on a regular basis. It just hasn't grabbed me. The characters are so bland and they just mope around and have sex occasionally. I like Being Human, but I stopped watching for a while, and never caught back up. I've been catching an episode or parts of an episode of this season and they've really blown the story out of the water since it's the last season.
post #26 of 35 Old 03-16-2014, 11:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I too enjoy this series. Too bad it isn't on Showtime though. biggrin.gif

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #27 of 35 Old 04-08-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

I too enjoy this series. Too bad it isn't on Showtime though. biggrin.gif

The star is a beautiful lady indeed.
Have to say that this show really petered out in the last 4 or so episodes. Way too much stupid stuff happening including Elena's bouncing moral code of when to kill and when not to. She's got the bad guys unconscious at her feet and decides to let them live only to kill one of the same guys one show later.
The whole Phillip thing goes out the window except for his head. What a waste.
Its almost as if the writers didn't know what to do.
I don't know if this will be picked up but I won't feel bad if it dies.

post #28 of 35 Old 04-08-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

^^
those kinds of things are exactly why I gave up on it weeks ago wink.gif

Steve
post #29 of 35 Old 04-08-2014, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

The star is a beautiful lady indeed.
Have to say that this show really petered out in the last 4 or so episodes. Way too much stupid stuff happening including Elena's bouncing moral code of when to kill and when not to. She's got the bad guys unconscious at her feet and decides to let them live only to kill one of the same guys one show later.
The whole Phillip thing goes out the window except for his head. What a waste.
Its almost as if the writers didn't know what to do.
Sadly, I have to agree.frown.gif

Quote:

^^
those kinds of things are exactly why I gave up on it weeks ago wink.gif
I will just as soon as Elena leaves the show...tongue.gif

post #30 of 35 Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I stayed with it until the end, but watched the last few eipisodes while doing something else as full attention was not needed. I will not return if it gets renewed.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page