post #121 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

I think the issue is that for someone who is supposedly intelligent, he had no business to go off on a woman like that who was simply asking a question as field reporters do. I kinda wonder if the reporter had been a man, maybe a big black man, if the interview would have followed the same course.

I think if James Brown were doing the interview it would have gone the same way.

Erin Andrews on Richard Sherman interview: "It was awesome"

“It was awesome because I’ve done so many interviews that are just so cliché and so rehearsed and the same old same old where you feel like you’re sleepwalking,” Andrews told Emily Zemler. “This is one where I was like, ‘What is happening right now?’ I’ve never been a part of something like that, and obviously that’s why everyone nationally is talking about it.”

Later in the interview, Andrews even says that Sherman is one of her favorite players.

“I actually really like Richard Sherman a lot,” she said. “He’s probably one of my favorite football players. The guy is so smart and he’s got an unbelievable story. That was just pure, raw emotion.”

If Erin was okay with it, then why is everyone else having a problem? Women wanted to be the in the locker room. They wanted the same access to the athletes as men were given. Its life in the moment. When you are reporting on sports it comes with the territory. If you can't deal with it then you should choose another career. Women want to be treated like any other reporter. To be treated differently would be a show of disrespect. I think Erin and every female reporter would agree.
Keenan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 68
NFL fines Sherman for taunting:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/24/us/nfl-richard-sherman/index.html

post #123 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Thought Erin did a great job with the interview. Previously I'd held her in low regard. Revised my opinion. "Dick" Sherman was a bit of a richard going up to the Crab just after the guy had seen his long season's hopes dashed, but I'll cut some slack to both guys given the adrenalin factor. Thought SF would win but was rooting for the Seabirds.
post #124 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

NFL fines Sherman for taunting:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/24/us/nfl-richard-sherman/index.html

No where near enough, especially for a championship game. He should also be banned from playing the first half of the Superbowl.
post #125 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

No where near enough, especially for a championship game. He should also be banned from playing the first half of the Superbowl.
I didn't care for Sherman's comments at all, but what you suggest is too much.
gwsat likes this.
post #126 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

I kinda wonder if the reporter had been a man, maybe a big black man, if the interview would have followed the same course.

Oh good, your question has been answered. Sherman was interviewed by a male field reporter from FOX Deportes literally just before the Erin Andrews FOX Sports interview. Here's video:

The interview went literally the same way the Erin Andrews interview did. Sherman was full of emotion.

Also from this video you can see the beginning of the Erin Andrews interview, which before she starts asking her questions, Richard Sherman hugs her. That part wasn't shown on TV.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #127 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Thanks for the post tigr. Sherman deserved a fine by NFL rules for the choke sign, funny as it was to this viewer, but no way should he be sat down for any minute of the SB. Yes, I'm a Wilson fan.
post #128 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

I didn't care for Sherman's comments at all, but what you suggest is too much.

I agree. Although Sherman is clearly a bright and articulate guy, he talks too much and thereby makes himself his own worst enemy. Still, to use a mistake he made in the immediate aftermath of an emotional game as an excuse to prohibit him from playing in even a part of the Super Bowl would have been a gross miscarriage of justice, it seems to me. My opinion is buttressed by having watched the video of crabtree smashing Sherman in the head after Sherman offered to shake hands. In short, it takes two to tango.
post #129 of 131 Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree. Although Sherman is clearly a bright and articulate guy, he talks too much and thereby makes himself his own worst enemy. Still, to use a mistake he made in the immediate aftermath of an emotional game as an excuse to prohibit him from playing in even a part of the Super Bowl would have been a gross miscarriage of justice, it seems to me. My opinion is buttressed by having watched the video of crabtree smashing Sherman in the head after Sherman offered to shake hands. In short, it takes two to tango.
Agree as well, and the fact is Crabtree did not play very well in that game and "bailed out" on a couple passes over the middle when he saw that he was going to get drilled. He was probably upset with his own performance which no doubt influenced his behavior with Sherman.
post #130 of 131 Old 01-26-2014, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
In about 12 minutes Richard Sherman and company will land in Newark to get ready to stay over in NJ and get ready for next Sunday's big game....hours after the broncos landed at the airport. Any ratings predictions? I'm sure this game will get higher ratings than last year's....
post #131 of 131 Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kascnef82 View Post

In about 12 minutes Richard Sherman and company will land in Newark to get ready to stay over in NJ and get ready for next Sunday's big game....hours after the broncos landed at the airport. Any ratings predictions? I'm sure this game will get higher ratings than last year's....

Well, duh. tongue.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page