Super Bowl XLVIII-Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos- Game only thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 137
And then there is football as the rest of the world calls it.... wink.gif

Bobby 

bobby94928 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-08-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

^^^^ yeah I've since learned to server her beer in Dixie Cups. Much safer wink.gif
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Those who claim the football season is over need to remember that there are only two sports seasons: football and spring football. smile.gif
+100000000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

And then there is football as the rest of the world calls it.... wink.gif
Don't even go there.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
rviele's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
just so everyone knows the truth. THE RAVENS ARE STILL THE BEST!
rviele is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 80
One year wonders. Flacco's flaccid flailings failed.
philw1776 is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

One year wonders. Flacco's flaccid flailings failed.

Yeah, that's why they are 2 out of 2...wink.gif

Bobby 

bobby94928 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

One year wonders. Flacco's flaccid flailings failed.
That is a very cruel thing to say.tongue.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 80
All ball busting aside, it's difficult to repeat as SB champs. I think Seattle has a good shot at it but as others have correctly surmised, every team that plays a SB winner circles that date on their schedule and brings their A game. That is part of the reason for the Ravens downfall, aside from a tough division and shedding vets to free up cap money for Flacco's big contract. Gets bigger in 2014. Newsome is a fine GM and will do as well as can be done.

SF in the Hawks same division only lost by a hair. Injuries to key starters are also an unpredictable factor. The AFC is up for grabs with all the usual contenders plus Cinci who went bust early in the playoffs. My view is that QB is their fatal weakness that will keep them short of Denver, NE, etc.

And every year, some unheralded team surprises most of us.

Anything to counter the stupefying boredom of MLB.
philw1776 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

All ball busting aside, it's difficult to repeat as SB champs. I think Seattle has a good shot at it but as others have correctly surmised, every team that plays a SB winner circles that date on their schedule and brings their A game. That is part of the reason for the Ravens downfall, aside from a tough division and shedding vets to free up cap money for Flacco's big contract. Gets bigger in 2014. Newsome is a fine GM and will do as well as can be done.

SF in the Hawks same division only lost by a hair. Injuries to key starters are also an unpredictable factor. The AFC is up for grabs with all the usual contenders plus Cinci who went bust early in the playoffs. My view is that QB is their fatal weakness that will keep them short of Denver, NE, etc.

And every year, some unheralded team surprises most of us.

Anything to counter the stupefying boredom of MLB.
I couldn't agree more.cool.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Those who claim the football season is over need to remember that there are only two sports seasons: football and spring football. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post


Anything to counter the stupefying boredom of MLB.

I agree 100%.

Broadcast TV - a vital national public resource
Jedi Master is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
jawilljr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southaven, MS
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Shannon Sharpe on Seattle's defense.

Couldn't agree more.
jawilljr is online now  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
 
jawilljr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southaven, MS
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is this Eli's wife?

jawilljr is online now  
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawilljr View Post

Is this Eli's wife?

Maybe...


Bobby 

bobby94928 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off