post #61 of 70 Old 02-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

Only the first 8 games are on CBS, the late season games will still be on NFLN. CBS will most likely just hold the start of the season of their Thursday lineup until November and show fewer repeats.

CBS has been somewhat coy about having TNF will do to it's schedule, but has said that "Big Bang" and "Elementary" may premiere on other nights then move back to Thursday once TNF is done. There are some who also believe that CBS may just reduce orders for some shows so in the end the true number of weeks with "new" programming is the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by celticpride

I may actually watch some football on thursdays now that its on cbs! Last few years i have probably only watched 1 or 2 games i always fogret about the NFL l network channel when setting up my season passes on my tivo! I wonder what day cbs will move their comedy shows to now?

Only the first 8 games are on CBS, the late season games will still be on NFLN. CBS will most likely just hold the start of the season of their Thursday lineup until November and show fewer repeats.
So after programming my TIVO to get these games on CBS, they are not recording in the original time slot, nor are they appearing in the guide schedule. So where are the games?
post #63 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych View Post
So after programming my TIVO to get these games on CBS, they are not recording in the original time slot, nor are they appearing in the guide schedule. So where are the games?
On the NFL Network. CBS doesn't have the entire Thursday Night Football season, just eight games. That's the case THIS year, anyway. Though CBS is still producing the entire season of TNF. And, apparently, running a LOT of NFL Network promos.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #64 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for that -- so the games did not go away altogether from CBS, but will reappear periodically? It seemed as if some were saying here that all of the first eight games were to be broadcast on CBS, but it is only selected games, numbering eight, through the season?
post #65 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 291
No, that was pretty much it for TNF on CBS, this season. CBS still has one Thursday game on Thanksgiving and a Saturday game on Week 16.

Of course, Thursday night games will still air on a broadcast outlet in the home cities of the scheduled teams in addition to NFLN.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #66 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, OK -- sure didn't seem like eight games, more like two, but at least I now know to cancel the season pass. Thanks for your help DrDon.
post #67 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
Of course, Thursday night games will still air on a broadcast outlet in the home cities of the scheduled teams in addition to NFLN.
Which CBS affiliates presumably get right of first refusal to.

Max Vrany
All opinions are my own unless otherwise specified.
I make no guarantees as to the accuracy of any information given.
GO Pack GO! On Wisconsin! Go Brewers!
post #68 of 70 Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Wow, OK -- sure didn't seem like eight games, more like two, but at least I now know to cancel the season pass. Thanks for your help DrDon.
It seemed like 2 because of the eight CBS TNF games, only two were "close". Week 6 (IND @ HOU) and week 7 (NYJ @ NE) were the only games that were not only one score games, but also the only ones decided by less than 14 points. All the rest were blowouts.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #69 of 70 Old 11-04-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
If you're using a relatively current Tivo (Premiere or Roamio), you can set season passes to record on all channels. I have one SP for NFL Football that gets all the games that way no matter what network they're on. With an older Tivo you could do the same with a Wishlist.
post #70 of 70 Old 11-04-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post
It seemed like 2 because of the eight CBS TNF games, only two were "close". Week 6 (IND @ HOU) and week 7 (NYJ @ NE) were the only games that were not only one score games, but also the only ones decided by less than 14 points. All the rest were blowouts.
HA! That may have been the case -- they were forgetable. I think I did not record one due to the Eagles participating, which are on lifetime ban with me due to them hiring the animal torturer, but it really did seem like alot less than eight games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
If you're using a relatively current Tivo (Premiere or Roamio), you can set season passes to record on all channels. I have one SP for NFL Football that gets all the games that way no matter what network they're on. With an older Tivo you could do the same with a Wishlist.
Thanks for that, I'm not hooked into the internet and manually program everything. Also on very limited cable which only gets broadcast network HD, so if not on CBS, I'll do without -- just inquiring what the deal was when the games disappeared -- I actually thought that after all that hype, they were done with the experiment and decided to go back to their comedy line-up. Thanks.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page