AVS Forum banner

Penny Dreadful --- Showtime in May

21K views 482 replies 63 participants last post by  Steve P. 
#1 ·
WOOT!!!!

I just found this on YouTube; a new series coming to Showtime in May:

Move over True Blood, there's a new game in town.

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C  /t/1518039/penny-dreadful-showtime-in-may/0_60#post_24363195

Oh, I think the typical Showtime threads are like worded "on SHO" i.e. Penny Dreadful on SHO

OK, I didn't know....I don't usually start threads on this particular forum.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615  /t/1518039/penny-dreadful-showtime-in-may/0_60#post_24365370

I like oink's way better...besides, everybody knows pigs march to their own drummer...
"Marching" requires discipline.....something we swine aren't known for.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C  /t/1518039/penny-dreadful-showtime-in-may/0_60#post_24367246

Going to be hard to beat the legendary Masters of Horror seriess. Guess it's a different type of show to begin with.
Looking at the trailer, it does appear to be different from MoH.

Here is some info from Wikipedia about the series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Dreadful_(TV_series)

#22 ·
I hadn't focused on Penny Dreadful until I read a positive review on Grantland . The Grantland review encouraged me to setup a season pass for the show. Of course, the promise of Eva Green and Billie Piper didn't hurt either.

Reactions: Keenan
#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1518039/penny-dreadful-showtime-in-may#post_24703318

Today, Showtime broadcasted a 15 minute preview and behind-the-scenes program called "Inside PD."

Very interesting and worth checking out.

It was pretty interesting. The one thing that stood out to me is they said "no CGI will be used in the show". That's quite refreshing for a modern show. I'm looking forward to it.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33  /t/1518039/penny-dreadful-showtime-in-may#post_24704271

It was pretty interesting. The one thing that stood out to me is they said "no CGI will be used in the show". That's quite refreshing for a modern show. I'm looking forward to it.

LOL. That's like Tom Cruise saying he does all his own stunts. CGI is in nearly EVERY TV show, including 'reality shows' in one form or another. As I type this, there are 23 visual effects people credited on Penny Dredful's IMDB listing so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.