HEROES mini series on NBC in 2015 - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #91 of 112 Old 03-24-2015, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
While I will still check it out, I am quickly losing interest in it.

First off, it is taking forever for them to finish this. We only knew about this back during the Super Bowl of LAST YEAR. How friggin' long does it take to make a mini-series?
It actually only just started filming last week - coincidentally, on the day of the eclipse. Tim Kring was previously busy making his other limited series for USA network, 'Dig'.

Last edited by vfxproducer; 03-24-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 112 Old 03-25-2015, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Seriously? I figured with it being announced over a year ago they had to have started on it back then.
post #93 of 112 Old 03-25-2015, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post
It actually only just started filming last week - coincidentally, on the day of the eclipse. Tim Kring was previously busy making his other limited series for USA network, 'Dig'.

I've been watching that one. Not a lot happening yet

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #94 of 112 Old 05-22-2015, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Another major character from Heroes is returning for NBC’s revivial.
EW has exclusively learned that Greg Grunberg—who played the telepathic detective Matt Parkman throughout the first iteration of the series—is officially on board for Heroes Reborn.

We’re told Grunberg will have a guest star arc on the new series, which airs Thursday nights this fall on NBC.
He’s joining fellow returning stars Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura and Jack Coleman as Noah Bennet, as well as newcomer to the show Zachary Levi (Chuck).
Grunberg previously said he was down for coming back to the show: “Well, you know, it’d be great to use that cop character as an investigative tool to find new people with power,” he told interviewer Rick Yaeger last year. “I’m excited as a fan, to see what happens. If I can be a part of this, I would jump at the chance…None of us have been notified. We have no idea what’s going on. They hinted that they might use some of the old characters to move story and plot. I think the fans or whoever was watching the show before, which was the world, really wants closure. I don’t know how they would do this without using some of the main characters. I hope that they include me.”
Grunberg recently had a starring role in the ABC pilot Warriors, which didn’t get picked up. But he’s also got a part in an upcoming film called Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which we suspect will get some attention. The actor also had an arc on Showtime’s Masters of Sex last year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/21...le-nbc-revival

post #95 of 112 Old 05-23-2015, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Sure am glad they're bringing back all our favorite characters for this brand new, rebooted season. Oh wait...

Same old trap.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #96 of 112 Old 05-23-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post
Sure am glad they're bringing back all our favorite characters for this brand new, rebooted season. Oh wait...

Same old trap.
You're probably right. I will check it out although this time my hand will be over the dump it buzzer. Last time around I held off until one-third through the second season.
post #97 of 112 Old 05-26-2015, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Same here - this one's going to get a quick yank if they don't get any better than the crap we ended up with last time.
post #98 of 112 Old 05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 811
At least Sylar is still dead. For now.

Or is he? I can't remember what happened to him. I hope Quinto is too busy to revisit.

post #99 of 112 Old 05-29-2015, 03:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I understand how Sylar became a popular character. During Season 1, he had probably the most interesting mutant ability ever depicted on screen or in comics in any universe... the ability to "understand" how things worked. It was brilliant, and kudos to the writer who came up with the idea. He didn't just absorb other's powers, he took them and made them his own. Multiple times. Fantastic.

The problem is that it's an omega-level power, and he had to be killed off in order for the show to continue. Bringing him back was the doom of the show. A clever writer could have brought him back under better circumstances, but instead they kept resurrecting him as good/evil/good/evil/etc.
Kevin_Wadsworth likes this.

post #100 of 112 Old 05-29-2015, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post
I understand how Sylar became a popular character. During Season 1, he had probably the most interesting mutant ability ever depicted on screen or in comics in any universe... the ability to "understand" how things worked. It was brilliant, and kudos to the writer who came up with the idea. He didn't just absorb other's powers, he took them and made them his own. Multiple times. Fantastic.

The problem is that it's an omega-level power, and he had to be killed off in order for the show to continue. Bringing him back was the doom of the show. A clever writer could have brought him back under better circumstances, but instead they kept resurrecting him as good/evil/good/evil/etc.
This is all good and true... but the bigger problem with Sylar really wasn't even everything you said... but rather, he was originally supposed to die. The story was originally written for him to be killed. There was no plan for Sylar beyond season 1. The original story was supposed to move on to other things... but Sylar (and Quinto) proved to be so popular, there was pressure to keep him alive... and then, as you say, the power he had posed a problem of him being too powerful... so they started the roller coaster of good/evil with him.

Had they planned to do that originally, it probably would have been written better... but it was all reactionary. Same thing happened to other characters who were either supposed to be killed OR just part of season 1's arc... who were then kept around longer than they really had ideas for... that's ultimately what killed the show. The inability to let go and move on to other things allowed even the good stuff to grow stale.

Hiro... likeable and interesting... but they couldn't grow his character AND he wasn't supposed to keep being around stagnant... so it got old... Peter had too much power too... should have moved on to other characters... but keeping him around was the same problem as Sylar.

Season 1 really was very well done until probably midway through... then the cracks started when they deviated from their original story... started trying to rewrite the back-end on the fly to keep some characters around who were more popular than they anticipated.

And this "reboot"... the more I read of old characters coming back... the less enthused I am about it... because it starts to feel like they are just going to give us more of the same, instead of what the show excelled at in the beginning, which was giving us something new!

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #101 of 112 Old 05-30-2015, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 615
The writers strike didn't help matters either

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
post #102 of 112 Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I never watched the original but I was a big fan of Chuck so I might have to check it out...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #103 of 112 Old 05-30-2015, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 18
As long as they still have the painfully awkward Nissan Versa product placements, then I'm watching.

Life is Lambertian
post #104 of 112 Old 06-03-2015, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
As long as they still have the painfully awkward Nissan Versa product placements, then I'm watching.
Those Nissan ads may have been awkward, but they sure were memorable. Having only seen the episode one time ever (live), I'll never forget Claire being excited at getting a car in high school, "You're giving me the Murano!!!!"

That just isn't the kind of car that is typically known by its model name and not its manufacturer...

post #105 of 112 Old 06-04-2015, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

The actor that played Peter in Heroes is in the new show Whispers. Was cool seeing him again, can't recall seeing him in anything since Heroes.

post #106 of 112 Old 06-04-2015, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
I still like to shout out "Nissan Versa" in a Hiro accent whenever I see one.
post #107 of 112 Old 06-04-2015, 05:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
The actor that played Peter in Heroes is in the new show Whispers. Was cool seeing him again, can't recall seeing him in anything since Heroes.
Milo Ventimiglia just had a short stint as a villain on FOX's 'Gotham'. He's done a lot of animation work for Marvel as well since his stint as Peter Petrelli ended. I can't remember what happened to Peter on 'Heroes', but you'd think he'd be up for reprising the role if possible.
post #108 of 112 Old 06-04-2015, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Milo Ventimiglia just had a short stint as a villain on FOX's 'Gotham'. He's done a lot of animation work for Marvel as well since his stint as Peter Petrelli ended. I can't remember what happened to Peter on 'Heroes', but you'd think he'd be up for reprising the role if possible.
Only if he goes back to one power at a time. Having a "bank" of powers that he could rotate through made him almost as powerful as Syler... One of the nice weaknesses of his character was that contact with another hero instantly made him switch powers.

post #109 of 112 Unread Yesterday, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Heroes Reborn: Full-Length Trailer...

looks excellent...getting an X-Men vibe from it (in a good way)...cast (old and new) look great and with the increased budget they can do justice to the new abilities of the mutants...hopefully it lives up to the hype as it already looks better then any season of the original show

amazing time for TV revivals- 24, X-Files, Twin Peaks, Full House etc...is LOST coming back as well?
post #110 of 112 Unread Yesterday, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams
You're probably right. I will check it out although this time my hand will be over the dump it buzzer. Last time around I held off until one-third through the second season.
LOL. Will be watchin' with my gong-mallet. First wrong turn and I'll send everyone home...
post #111 of 112 Unread Today, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow that looks way better then I thought. Really like the tone and direction they took. This actually could be good again.

post #112 of 112 Unread Today, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Heroes Reborn: Full-Length Trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLHB2zB_cA

I was really hoping that Zachary Levi was brought on to be the new Sylar, but based on that trailer it doesn't look like it.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page