HEROES mini series on NBC in 2015 - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 245Likes

post #181 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 07:14 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4747 Post(s)
Liked: 2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Evidently they caught him and shackled him to that barbell plate to keep him from flying away. He evidently escaped, and they were chasing him down. Now he's a flying T-bag.
??? Now he's dead. Chuck and his wife killed him.

I enjoyed this first episode and am looking forward to the rest of the season

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 09-26-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3212 Post(s)
Liked: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Okay; didn't notice that he had been killed. They offed a bunch of Evo's & Primatech workers and after awhile they all started to run together.
post #183 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4424 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
he was leaving a message for her at the beginning because he hadn't heard from her in 4 years...he knew she was going to the Summit...he thought she died in the explosion as well so he definitely thought she was there

She was supposed to be there agreed, but since they didn't show her, just "hints" that he wanted to see her, it was always my thought she was never there. Then at the end we saw the "proof" via the attendee sheet.

Sent from nowhere
gwsat likes this.
post #184 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Liked: 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I forgot about that photo, but then again what does a photo actually prove on this show? I lost track of who Sylar's real parents were because the story was retconned and Claire is actually one of the Petrellis and not HRG's. Even Matt Parkman's kid had a big paternity mystery at one point.
And there were plenty of characters whose paternity was never in doubt. At this point, the narrative provides no indication that Miko is Hiro's daughter. But of course, as with any TV series, you can theorize an infinite number of plot twists that violate the current narrative. Perhaps Miko is the love child of Ando and a space alien. Or maybe she's an android built by evil Primatech. LOL
Ph8te likes this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1
post #185 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Heroes Reborn. 13 episodes. Starring Chuck and HRG.

Nope, still not that enthused about the whole thing and pushing story to what sounds like Webisodes before the show airs is just annoying. Shouldn't need to go elsewhere to get the full storyline.

ZACHARY LEVI ON BOARD FOR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED "HEROES REBORN"

Former "Chuck" Star Cast for NBC's Upcoming Event Miniseries

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Jan. 16, 2015 - Zachary Levi is making his long-awaited return to television in NBC's upcoming event miniseries "Heroes Reborn" to play a key yet undisclosed role.

Levi is best known for his popular starring role on the NBC series "Chuck," which ran for five seasons as well as his role as Fandral in the Marvel franchise "Thor: The Dark World." Levi also made his Broadway debut in the musical "First Date" for which he received critical acclaim.

"One of my first, and fondest, memories of joining the NBC family in 2007 was having the pleasure of getting to know Tim Kring, and the cast of 'Heroes.' I was a fan of their collective work and always thought it was such a fantastic and fun world they got to play in," said Levi. "With 'Heroes: Reborn,' I'm honored to have the opportunity to bring more of that world to life, and excited to help in offering the fans of the franchise an epic new installation of a series that made such a huge impact on entertainment."

Jack Coleman, who played Noah Bennet in the original "Heroes" series, has previously been cast to reprise his role as "HRG" for "Heroes Reborn"

"Heroes" chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.

With the return of "Heroes Reborn," NBC will launch a digital series prior to the premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines. This leveraging of social media is a way for fans to re-engage with what was one for the true pioneers in multiplatform storytelling.

Tim Kring, Peter Elkoff and James Middleton will serve as executive producers. Holly Harold is co-executive producer.
Does anyone else hate Chuck's wife? Man all she does is go in and kill everything.....what's up with that?

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #186 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4424 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post
Does anyone else hate Chuck's wife? Man all she does is go in and kill everything.....what's up with that?

They are both tasked "mercenaries". We don't know their real motive/mission outside of dispatch as many Evos as possible.

Sent from nowhere
post #187 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
And there were plenty of characters whose paternity was never in doubt. At this point, the narrative provides no indication that Miko is Hiro's daughter.
Except that it appears she is using Hiro's Kensei sword, and that's a bit more noteworthy than a thumbnail photo of a random dude.

post #188 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Except that it appears she is using Hiro's Kensei sword, and that's a bit more noteworthy than a thumbnail photo of a random dude.
I thought the thumbnail photo on the back of the book could pass for an aged Ando. He's a recognizable actor (Hiro Kanagawa), appearing in a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows recently, such as iZombie, Dark Matter, and The 100, to name a few I watch. The character will undoubtedly have a significant role to play.

But to be honest, the whole video game world storyline doesn't work for me. It just doesn't seem part of this universe, coming off more like a forced attempt to get back into the world of samurai sword fighting without going back in time as happened to Hiro in season 2. These are people born with evolved abilities; not people who pick up magic swords and instantly become master fighters. It seems like if that's possible, anything is.
post #189 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2040 Post(s)
Liked: 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
They are both tasked "mercenaries". We don't know their real motive/mission outside of dispatch as many Evos as possible.

Sent from nowhere
I thought it was already established that their son had died, at the hands of an Evo(I think)? That would seem to be their motive, or was that a smokescreen?
post #190 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:

I enjoyed this first episode and am looking forward to the rest of the season
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Okay; didn't notice that he had been killed. They offed a bunch of Evo's & Primatech workers and after awhile they all started to run together.
When did they kill him? I missed that somehow, I just went with him flying away and that was the last we saw of him.
post #191 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere
Yeah but she is just so unlikeable. He's fine as a merch but she is just so bad and not in a good way.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #192 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post
Yeah but she is just so unlikeable. He's fine as a merch but she is just so bad and not in a good way.
Where did you folks get that they're mercenaries?

From the NBC site,

Quote:
A year ago, a terrorist attack in Odessa, Texas left the city decimated. Blamed for the tragic event, those with extraordinary abilities are in hiding or on the run from those with nefarious motives.

Two such vigilantes include Luke (Zachary Levi, "Chuck") and Joanne (Judith Shekoni, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2"), who are seeking to avenge a tragic loss.
As far as I can see, they're just parents avenging the death of their child. In a very efficient and deadly manner to be sure, but I don't sense that they're working for anyone but themselves.

Last edited by Keenan; 09-26-2015 at 01:40 PM.
post #193 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4352 Post(s)
Liked: 9675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
When did they kill him? I missed that somehow, I just went with him flying away and that was the last we saw of him.
He was at the Evo 12 step meeting. "Chuck" shot him and then torched the place.

Quote:
Where did you folks get that they're mercenaries?
AFAIK they're two parents who went off the deep end when their kid was killed by an apparent Evo attack.

post #194 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
He was at the Evo 12 step meeting. "Chuck" shot him and then torched the place.
I missed that he was there, thanks.

Quote:
AFAIK they're two parents who went off the deep end when their kid was killed by an apparent Evo attack.
Exactly.
post #195 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
The flyng Chinese dude was in the meeting that got torched. I didn't see when he was killed, but only Chuck and the kid made it out of the building.

It's myh impression that the Chuck and wife are just killing Evos because they blame Evos for the death of their son. But they might be part of some bigger organization/cause.
post #196 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
The flyng Chinese dude was in the meeting that got torched. I didn't see when he was killed, but only Chuck and the kid made it out of the building.

It's myh impression that the Chuck and wife are just killing Evos because they blame Evos for the death of their son. But they might be part of some bigger organization/cause.
Yup, that's the impression I got as well, just grieving, but deadly parents avenging the loss of their child.
post #197 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 02:48 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
I thought it was already established that their son had died, at the hands of an Evo(I think)? That would seem to be their motive, or was that a smokescreen?
Yes and they showed them in the beginning before the explosion with their child.
Ph8te likes this.

post #198 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 02:50 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

He was the second person to get shot. He was shot in the right side of the chest by Chuck. Or at least it looked like it was Chuck since they showed him shooting and then cut to the guy getting shot in the chest as he got up to run.

Last edited by aaronwt; 09-26-2015 at 02:54 PM.
post #199 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 03:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I thought the thumbnail photo on the back of the book could pass for an aged Ando. He's a recognizable actor (Hiro Kanagawa),
Ando was my first thought at the time as well, but looking online it looks like a different actor in the photo. He could be a recast though.

Maybe Hiro squinted his way into video game land and got stuck and Ando created the book and hid the sword? We know Hiro is back this season and he gets his sword too because it's been in all the press release stuff. All we know of Miko's father is that it may be his photo. Even in the game they haven't revealed his face which kind of smells like something that might be a surprise. It could be Ando too. Used the sword somehow to jump after Hiro?

I can't remember how magical the Kensei sword ever was in the show, but giving it The Power of Tron seems completely random.

post #200 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yup, that's the impression I got as well, just grieving, but deadly parents avenging the loss of their child.
And I wouldn't be surprised if they had their memories rearranged too and they have been killing Evos based on a false memory of the incident. Later they get their memories back and become good guys fighting the conspiracy.

We saw a big shadow at the beginning (which I thought was the return of the aliens from Independence Day ...) so that could have been the girl who controls darkness or some government aircraft bombing the area to frame Suresh.

post #201 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Quote:
Yes. Vudu also has it for free. And Youtube had it last month which is where I originally watched it from.

I watched the Dark Matters prequel 'On Demand' after the first episode aired...so anyone still interested should check their cable providers NBC HD In Demand folder

Quote:
as with any TV series, you can theorize an infinite number of plot twists that violate the current narrative. Perhaps Miko is the love child of Ando and a space alien. Or maybe she's an android built by evil Primatech. LOL
yup, especially with Hiro's ability to mess with time and space maybe he changed the current timeline
post #202 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 525
So they say a nuke was dropped at the summit but somehow Bennet along with some others who aren't invincible are fine. Right.

This is probably going to be a disaster of a mini series if those first two episodes are any indication. A shame how much this show regressed after that first season.

I also like all the similarities to stuff like X-Men now with the name for the people with powers, the blaming of the big attack and all the other crap that is just a blatant copy. I mean talk about lazy.
post #203 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post
So they say a nuke was dropped at the summit but somehow Bennet along with some others who aren't invincible are fine. Right.

This is probably going to be a disaster of a mini series if those first two episodes are any indication. A shame how much this show regressed after that first season.

I also like all the similarities to stuff like X-Men now with the name for the people with powers, the blaming of the big attack and all the other crap that is just a blatant copy. I mean talk about lazy.
I'm definitely getting more of an X-Men vibe with this reboot (which is a good thing I guess since we don't want Tim Kring coming up with stories on his own anymore )...I didn't feel a nuke was dropped, it looked more like something to do with an eclipse (which was a focal point of the original series)

Last edited by TitusTroy; 09-26-2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling
post #204 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
I'm definitely getting more of an X-Men vide with this reboot (which is a good thing I guess since we don't want Tim Kring coming up with stories on his own anymore )...I didn't feel a nuke was dropped, it looked more like something to do with an eclipse (which was a focal point of the original series)
Definitely, but I'm not sure it was ever original. I already figured it would head this way after the Brave New World cliffhanger.
post #205 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
That just means she has Kensei's sword, or a replica. The more logical interpretation is that it is meant as foreshadowing that Hiro will be involved in her story. It's a big leap to think that he's her father.

Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1
post #206 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 04:53 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

No nuke. You need to watch the 43 minute prequel that leads up to the beginning of the show. It concentrates on the sister of the guy that was with Bennet.
Keenan, Ph8te and Machuran like this.

post #207 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
That just means she has Kensei's sword, or a replica. The more logical interpretation is that it is meant as foreshadowing that Hiro will be involved in her story. It's a big leap to think that he's her father.
With the history of this show and it's propensity to turn everything into a plot twist, it's neither unprecedented nor a big leap. I mean it's barely a little step compared to some of the ridiculous retcons the show has pulled. The first two episodes alone had multiple misdirections and most of them were not that surprising.

As you said, at this point anything in the Katana Girl story is possible (and as someone mentioned elsewhere she might even be a robot - or a Reversed-Tron being like Quorra in Legacy...) so the obvious is probably a red herring to lead into some kind of twisty reveal when Miko finds her father and the audience sees his face.

post #208 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No nuke. You need to watch the 43 minute prequel that leads up to the beginning of the show. It concentrates on the sister of the guy that was with Bennet.

I think it was more then just Phoebe (the sister)...she didn't have the power to cause that massive of an explosion
post #209 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
With the history of this show and it's propensity to turn everything into a plot twist, it's neither unprecedented nor a big leap.
Maybe to you, but you think pop culture references have a short shelf life in TV.

Anyway. Miko is Hiro's daughter. That is, the character played by
Hiro Kanagawa
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0437032/

post #210 of 509 Old 09-26-2015, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
And I wouldn't be surprised if they had their memories rearranged too and they have been killing Evos based on a false memory of the incident. Later they get their memories back and become good guys fighting the conspiracy.

We saw a big shadow at the beginning (which I thought was the return of the aliens from Independence Day ...) so that could have been the girl who controls darkness or some government aircraft bombing the area to frame Suresh.
Yes, I think as the series rolls on that 'Chuck' will become a good guy. I do have to say, I'm enjoying seeing him in the role of a bad guy, I've never seen Levi play a role like this(TBH, I've only seen him play Chuck) and it fits him well. On the other hand, I don't see his character being with his trigger-happy idiot wife, they seem like a very odd pairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page