Amazon Pilot Season - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2014, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Is anyone else watching the new pilots? They're free to view by anyone, even folks without a Prime membership. So far I've only watched one. It was the comedy about the football team, and I found that I enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking forward to checking out Chris Carter's new show as well as a show called Bosch, which seems to be getting good reviews.

Anyone else watching these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Saw The After.

20 minutes of potential. 30 minutes of unexplained panic and horrible dialog. 5 minutes of nothing being explained at all.

As I mentioned in HotP. It's as if Amazon signed this based on Chris Carter's name and a pitch that was basically "Diverse group of strangers get together to survive a disaster!" because as a pilot it fails miserably in establishing a world or premise and is full of stereotypes.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Saw The After.

20 minutes of potential. 30 minutes of unexplained panic and horrible dialog. 5 minutes of nothing being explained at all.

As I mentioned in HotP. It's as if Amazon signed this based on Chris Carter's name and a pitch that was basically "Diverse group of strangers get together to survive a disaster!" because as a pilot it fails miserably in establishing a world or premise and is full of stereotypes.

2 of the new Pilots have fewer stars(rating, not actors) than the other. This is one of them. Sounds like it might not be one they pick up despite the big name director. The director of the comedy I watched is one I recognize - Jay Chandrekasher or something like that. I think I know it from Community.