Fargo on FX - Page 12 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #331 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
Except Lester clearly did nothing visually that would have implicated him in the crime - and actually hit Malvo on the head and ran away after. Even if they had audio, there's nothing that was said that could implicate Lester.

While he might get a good chastising about not reporting the crime, clearly Malvo is a pro - silencer and everything - so Lester had every reason to fear for his life if he stuck around.

In fact, unless Malvo did leave evidence to set of Lester, he can now say his fear and instinct to run was right on the money since Malvo tracked him down and killed his wife.

Moreover, unless Malvo left evidence, this gets him further from being a suspect on any crime since he could say he's been stalked by Malvo this whole time and was afraid to come forward - especially after the death of his wife, which he can say Malvo had a hand in along with his brother.

I'd say it's not impossible Lester could get away with the whole deal.

I wasn't clear, sorry. LV police would want to find Lester for one of two reasons: either they think he was involved, or he was just a witness, which would put his life in danger from the actual killer. Either way it wouldn't be just a few questions they would want asked, and they would have warned Molly. The fact that she went alone to see him implies to me the police don't know that he actually witnessed the crime. But who knows, as gwsat said earlier, this show has its own reality. Maybe in this world its not only Minn. cops and FBI agents who are dumb. Maybe all cops are.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I believe Malvo survives at the end. I also think there is a chance that the story Molly's dad recounted also involved Malvo.

There is tension in every scene he appears in, because you never know if he is going to kill or not. I don't think that is random either, meaning if they still have value to him they live.

Great show!
post #333 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
I believe Malvo survives at the end.
Malvo has a lot in common with Anton Chigurh, and I foresee him going out in a similar manner.

Let's talk about the Coen references in this episode. The shots of the hotel hallways were straight out of Barton Fink. The extreme close-up of the person's tongue also strikes me as something I've seen in a Coen movie, but I'm blanking on which one.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #334 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 646
I found this on Jeff Russo's Facebook page.

‘Fargo’ TV Series Soundtrack Details

The details of the soundtrack album for the critically acclaimed FX original series Fargo have been revealed. The album features selections from the show’s original music composed by Jeff Russo (Power, Necessary Roughness, About Cherry). The soundtrack will be released on July 1, 2014 by Sony Masterworks and is now available for pre-order on Amazon.
Keenan likes this.
post #335 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
I found this on Jeff Russo's Facebook page.

‘Fargo’ TV Series Soundtrack Details

The details of the soundtrack album for the critically acclaimed FX original series Fargo have been revealed. The album features selections from the show’s original music composed by Jeff Russo (Power, Necessary Roughness, About Cherry). The soundtrack will be released on July 1, 2014 by Sony Masterworks and is now available for pre-order on Amazon.
Awesome!

I have a smartphone but I don't play around with things like ringtones, but... that drum clip would be great!

Last edited by Keenan; 06-13-2014 at 12:44 PM.
post #336 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Great Show!!!!!!!!

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #337 of 476 Old 06-13-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
I believe Malvo survives at the end. I also think there is a chance that the story Molly's dad recounted also involved Malvo.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if it we learn that it was Malvo that shot Lou so long ago.

Cary
post #338 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 646
I don't think Malvo gets away. Depending on the circumstances, I don't see him going down easily. So I tend to lean toward him getting shot rather than getting arrested. I think he would rather die than go to prison.

Mr. Wrench, the FBI, Bill Oswalt, and Molly, are the ones in pursuit of Malvo. Malvo has already killed Mr. Wrench's buddy, Mr. Numbers, so I don't see him as a huge threat to kill Malvo. The FBI guys have proven to be incompetent. Bill still can't put 2 plus 2 together to come up with 4, so he's useless. Molly is busy with Lester, so I don't see her taking both of them down. So I'm going with the wild card - Gus. IIRC, when Gus stopped Malvo he'd only killed the sheriff. Since then, the carnage left by Malvo has been on Gus. So we go full circle which leads me back to Gus. He knows Malvo is back in town. It's his chance to try and right the wrong he committed to begin with. I can see a face-to-face showdown with Malvo, where Malvo challenges Gus' timidness and gets surprised when Gus shoots him. IMO, Malvo has killed way too many people for him to walk away in the end. As cool of a dude as he has been, he still needs to pay. We'll see.

Obviously, YMMV.
slowbiscuit and TeeJay1952 like this.

Last edited by Aliens; 06-14-2014 at 05:26 PM.
post #339 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Good call, I can see Gus being the hero too at least as far as Malvo is concerned. And agree that Molly will take down Lester.

Or maybe this completely whack show ends up with both of them getting away with it, who knows. Malvo is pretty much Beelzebub from what I can see.
post #340 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Or maybe this completely whack show ends up with both of them getting away with it, who knows. Malvo is pretty much Beelzebub from what I can see.
My prediction: we see Malvo and Lester heading off in their own directions, having escaped justice and in the final shot, Gus and Molly are left staring at the mock-up board knowing that they didn't get them.
post #341 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Yah, that makes a lot of sense to me to. Can't imagine Malvo ever doing anything as passive as simply surrendering.
post #342 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I've enjoyed this show but before I really give it a thumbs up, I've got to go over the thread because there are some that post that have awful taste in TV shows.

These are just my opinions.
post #343 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
I've enjoyed this show but before I really give it a thumbs up, I've got to go over the thread because there are some that post that have awful taste in TV shows.
You lost me, what do other people's taste in TV have to do with your enjoyment of this show? Am I misreading your post somehow?
post #344 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I really enjoy this show, but the one thing that really bothered me about this week's episode is that Malvo would abandon his $100K contract, which he had been working on for six months, over Lester getting in his face in the elevator. So many times Malvo has managed to talk his way out of anything, for example when he got arrested and passed himself off as an innocent pastor. It seems he could've easily come up with some b.s. story in the elevator to satisfy his new "friends" about his connection (or lack thereof) to Lester and why he initially denied knowing him. Those people were obviously poised to believe anything he would say. And then later Malvo could quietly dispose of Lester. I know they needed to move the story forward somehow, but I think the writers really misfired here, unless they were trying to show Malvo cared more about killing just for its own sake than scoring a big payday (which would seem inconsistent with all the work he was putting into this one $100K job).
post #345 of 476 Old 06-14-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I really enjoy this show, but the one thing that really bothered me about this week's episode is that Malvo would abandon his $100K contract, which he had been working on for six months, over Lester getting in his face in the elevator. So many times Malvo has managed to talk his way out of anything, for example when he got arrested and passed himself off as an innocent pastor. It seems he could've easily come up with some b.s. story in the elevator to satisfy his new "friends" about his connection (or lack thereof) to Lester and why he initially denied knowing him. Those people were obviously poised to believe anything he would say. And then later Malvo could quietly dispose of Lester. I know they needed to move the story forward somehow, but I think the writers really misfired here, unless they were trying to show Malvo cared more about killing just for its own sake than scoring a big payday (which would seem inconsistent with all the work he was putting into this one $100K job).
I don't think it was because Malvo likes killing so much as he wanted to lay it down for Lester exactly what is at stake if he decides to get too bold. He wanted to put a halt to any future encounters like that one that could be more revealing than just to some marks he's playing to get to a contract.

In other words, it was worth 100K to make it perfectly clear to Lester that he needs to tow the line and not cause him any more trouble. The trouble is, Lester still didn't want to play ball and decided to cut and run. So, now Malvo has no choice but to teach him a really, really hard lesson...
post #346 of 476 Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 171
So, nobody kills the cabbage?
post #347 of 476 Old 06-15-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins View Post
That said, Lou's old cop instincts clearly kicked in during their conversation. He knows something's off about that guy.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Malvo certainly recognized Gus in the photo with Molly which can't be good.
Yes, he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Lester is the real villain of the show. Malvo is an agent of choas, but Lester deliberately sent his wife into the office to be murdered.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I assumed the elevator cameras saw them both, even saw Malvo commit the murders. But they don't know where Malvo is. They do know where Lester is, and since he's a witness and not a suspect, they'd would just want to question him.
MORE than that.
Assuming cameras did catch Malvo (and Lester) doing the killing, it doesn't mean they knew who he is.
It isn't like he would use his real name when registering....he would be just a face.

As for Lester, they could surely find out who he (Salesman of the Year) was...no doubt a Front Desk Clerk could pin his face to a room number or just look a cam capture of him going into his room.
Vegas has hidden cameras everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post
Malvo comments that the apple pie was "...the best I've had since I left Eden". Is Malvo:

a) exhibiting his quirky sense of humor,
b) commenting on his own nature,
c) Introducing a metaphysical element to the show,
or
d) all of the above?
All of the above.
The show has hinted at Malvo being a supernatural demonic force before.
It wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be a Big Reveal in the finale.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
post #348 of 476 Old 06-15-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Lester went to prison for a crime he didn't commit, just like Lester arranged to happen to his own brother? Do you want to talk about symmetry?
PERFECT symmetry would be Molly putting Lester in prison AND Gus gunning down Malvo.

post #349 of 476 Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I'd say it's not impossible Lester could get away with the whole deal.
The CBs would never have allowed it.

post #350 of 476 Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
OK - so what about the supermarket king -- is his story over and out? The money is back in the snow ... s'now what?
post #351 of 476 Old 06-16-2014, 05:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Last preview showed a terrified Lester, sitting behind his front door, pumping several shots through it. Surely Malvo isn't at the receiving end. -- John
post #352 of 476 Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Nah, he's probably shooting poor Molly in the vest again.
post #353 of 476 Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
So, nobody kills the cabbage?
Well, if we presume that Malvo is the Fox, and Lester is the rabbit, that would make Lester's wife the cabbage. In this instance, the fox killed the cabbage just to teach the rabbit a lesson.
RayGuy likes this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #354 of 476 Old 06-16-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 199
In the preview we quickly saw hands (and possibly forearms) dragging a body behind a hay bale or building (hazy on that one). My thinking was the one who was dragging was either Malvo or Lester.
post #355 of 476 Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked: 1601
Dangit guys I deliberately do not watch the previews of the next episode....where's the spoiler thingie?
post #356 of 476 Old 06-17-2014, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I realize Molly is small town deputy but really the FBI is that inept?

You'd think they'd have seen the video that Molly got and printed the picture of Malvo.

And Malvo is not exactly meticulous in covering his tracks. He decides right then and there to kill 3 in the elevator and not even dispose of the bodies and he lets Lester walk away?

I can see small town law enforcement not being able to deal but with the trail of bodies Malvo is leaving, there would be a task force and they'd have easily identified Malvo.

So what exactly is Malvo's game? Didn't he get billions from the grocery store king? And he was playing another con by taking on the dentist persona and marrying someone, for some bigger payoff?

If he decided after the payday to try to lead a low-profile life (though him saying "Aces" all the time seems like him faking it, just as his folksy attempt to get Lester's address from Molly's dad), that would be believable but now he's leaving more bodies around because Lester annoyed him with his persistence?
post #357 of 476 Old 06-17-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I realize Molly is small town deputy but really the FBI is that inept?
Listing the failures of the FBI here would fill up AVS's servers....

Quote:
And Malvo is not exactly meticulous in covering his tracks. He decides right then and there to kill 3 in the elevator and not even dispose of the bodies and he lets Lester walk away?
As someone once said, "the banality of evil."

Quote:
So what exactly is Malvo's game? Didn't he get billions from the grocery store king? And he was playing another con by taking on the dentist persona and marrying someone, for some bigger payoff?

If he decided after the payday to try to lead a low-profile life (though him saying "Aces" all the time seems like him faking it, just as his folksy attempt to get Lester's address from Molly's dad), that would be believable but now he's leaving more bodies around because Lester annoyed him with his persistence?
It has been suggested, by myself and others, Malvo may be of a more than human entity (there has been small hints in some of the episodes).
post #358 of 476 Old 06-18-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Loved the season finale, going to miss Malvo, for a second there I thought he was the Devil and was going to rise with 3 bullet holes but no...

I think Lester got what he deserved.

9 months for season 2?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #359 of 476 Old 06-18-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Was afraid at first that Gus was going to blow it in the showdown with Malvo. But he came through like a trooper.
post #360 of 476 Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

9 months for season 2?
Not a one and done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Was afraid at first that Gus was going to blow it in the showdown with Malvo. But he came through like a trooper.
Gus had to be the one to take down Malvo.....perfect symmetry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page