Fargo on FX - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 467 Old 04-17-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I am not sure in the real world how many cops would of let Bill Bob roll up his window and drive away, but that cop made the right decision.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 467 Old 04-17-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blitzen102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mehs View Post

I wasn't planning on watching the show, but with the way FX has been promoting it for the past few months I decided to check it out. +I only saw the movie once, and that was probably when it first came out on VHS and that would have been when I was like 11 or 12 years old. I don't remember much of the movie, just remember it being kinda stupid with a lot of goofy accents and something about a woodchipper. The pilot of the TV show I thought was fantastic! I don't know if this show is supposed to be intentionally funny, but I laughed a lot ll thought out. I loved when Billy Bob Thornton's character told Hess that his younger son was 'dim', which pretty much describes the whole cast. Loved the way Sam Hess died, that was hysterical, and I just about fell off the bed when Thornton called up pretending to be the lawyer and then the older Hess kid beat the younger one with the hockey stick. Also laughed pretty hard when Nygaard hit his wife with the hammer and the blood slowly started to run down her forehead. I feel like I'm laughing more at the show then with the show, but as long as there's moments of stupid humor and lots of violence I'll stay entertained and will continue to watch.

I think you need to re-watch the orignal movie -- yes, it was much more of a comedy than a drama. An 11 or 12 year old probably missed a lot.

Grimsrud: Where is Pancakes House?
Carl: What?
Grimsrud: We stop at Pancakes House.
Carl: What are ya nuts? We had pancakes for breakfast. I want to go somewhere I can get a shot and a beer, and a steak, maybe. No more frickin' pancakes, c'mon man. C'mon man! Okay here's an idea. We'll stop outside of Brainerd. I know a place there we can get laid. What do ya think?

I loved Steve Buscemi in it and his character.

It also helps you appreciate aspects of the movie if you have spent extended time in the "midwest" -- north central part of the US where the story takes place.


I enjoyed the first episode in the TV show. It probably helps I wasn't expecting much but I had also heard early reviews that it was pretty good. A LOT more happened for a first episode than I was expecting.
blitzen102 is offline  
post #33 of 467 Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

To me, Fargo is a classic. And that means everything about it has been fried into my brain. How do you top William H. Macy's performance? You don't. I feel for Martin Freeman, because he has to step into those shoes and make the character his own. He did, and he performed well. But Macy became one of my favorite actors because of his portrayal of Jerry Lundegaard, and no one will ever be able to live up to his performance. So that's one reason why it took me 20 minutes or so to get into this series. Once in, it wasn't that bad. But I also know how it ends. So the question becomes; is it worth it for me to watch nine more episodes of a classic when the outcome is known? As much as I like Billy Bob, the answer is no. Besides, I have newer programs to watch.

I thought they portrayed too many people as a dumb fools. If I lived in Minnesota, I'd be offended and never watch another episode.

At first I was wondering if Martin Freeman was playing William H Macy or not....

lovinthehd is online now  
post #34 of 467 Old 04-17-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Billy Bob made the show for me. Its been too long since he's had a role this good and he nailed it perfectly. The rest of the show was so-so. For everything I liked about it there was something else I didn't, so it would have been 50-50 whether I kept watching. But BBT pushed it into "must see" for me. He made me believe someone like his character could really exist, and I want to learn more about him. Great casting choice.

What do you think of the Evil Ken Burns haircut?

lovinthehd is online now  
post #35 of 467 Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

What do you think of the Evil Ken Burns haircut hair piece?

Fixed. biggrin.gif
lovinthehd likes this.
Aliens is offline  
post #36 of 467 Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 1,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 96

I've got my thumb up for Fargo. After reading the advance information about the show I wasn't expecting a duplicate of the film, just their interpretation of it. The show is billed as a 10-episode limited series. I assume if it is well received FX and the producers may want to keep it going with new storylines.

Garrett Adams is offline  
post #37 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
grubadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
i watched about 40 minutes or so. it's a loser.
grubadub is offline  
post #38 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

we were essentially cannon fodder.
I hate to break it to ya but you still are, Old Man.tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

Neither is based on a true story. Just a Coen bros gag.
A nice nod to the CBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

I liked it and told my dvr it was okay to record the series now. smile.gif What's up with Billy Bob's hair?
Bad toupee.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Truth is, it has been so long since I saw the movie it really didn't force itself into my evaluation of this series at all. I judged it on its own merits as a self-contained narrative and on those terms, quite enjoyed myself.
Agreed.
At the half hour mark I was thinking why this Fargo wannabe?
Freeman certainly is Macy redux.
BBT is the typical enigmatic CB villian.
Also, the opening death on the highway didn't help matters.

However, just as Ms. Oink and I started to think about moving on, things got interestin.'
If I was to describe the premiere, it would be More Tales From Fargo.

And, yes, I will be watching the next episode too.smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

i watched about 40 minutes or so. it's a loser.
You stopped right where it started taking off.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #39 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 4,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I cut the cable last year and have been buying show episodes for streaming. FX might have done well to make the first episode free or on YouTube. Is it worth buying? Fortunately all the usual suspect are selling individual episodes and not making you buy the whole season up front. Amazon has a discount on their pass but it is only a 16 cent discount an episode (you are required to buy at least 4 episodes).

I was a big fan of the movie and I dare not play it as it means my time will be taken up for the next couple of hours. I know others who have the same problem. biggrin.gif
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #40 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

I cut the cable last year and have been buying show episodes for streaming. FX might have done well to make the first episode free or on YouTube.

Why? FX have no trouble attracting critical praise or viewers and unlike HBO don't need to entice viewers to pay to watch. Cable cutters are still a tiny minority and those that want to see the show and know the track record of FX can easily find it at pay sources or free sources using the power of the internet. No real reason for FX to give the show away. They will get the viewers they want no matter.

"The premiere episode, “The Crocodile’s Dilemma,” which ran from 10:00-11:37 PM, and encore telecasts (11:37 PM and 1:13 AM) combined to deliver 4.1 million Total Viewers and 1.79 million Adults 18-49. Fargo’s first-run episode at 10:00 PM posted 2.65 million Total Viewers and 1.02 million Adults 18-49, which were respective increases of +100% and +67% over its lead-in half hour (the broadcast premiere of the movie Contraband). The network expects a massive spike in viewership when Live+3 ratings data becomes available on Monday and inclusive of Live+7 data in approximately three weeks."


VisionOn is online now  
post #41 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

I cut the cable last year and have been buying show episodes for streaming. FX might have done well to make the first episode free or on YouTube. Is it worth buying? Fortunately all the usual suspect are selling individual episodes and not making you buy the whole season up front. Amazon has a discount on their pass but it is only a 16 cent discount an episode (you are required to buy at least 4 episodes).

I was a big fan of the movie and I dare not play it as it means my time will be taken up for the next couple of hours. I know others who have the same problem. biggrin.gif
Since you are a "big fan of the movie," I would say give it try (with the caveats stated above).
HOWEVER, it is NOT on the same level as the movie.

This series takes place in the same Universe as the movie, with similar characters, even the the sets, lighting, and cinematography is reminiscent of the classic CB film.

Will you like it?
Most likely, but YMMV....no guarantees.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #42 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 4,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Why? FX have no trouble attracting critical praise or viewers and unlike HBO don't need to entice viewers to pay to watch. Cable cutters are still a tiny minority and those that want to see the show and know the track record of FX can easily find it at pay sources or free sources using the power of the internet. No real reason for FX to give the show away. They will get the viewers they want no matter.

"The premiere episode, “The Crocodile’s Dilemma,” which ran from 10:00-11:37 PM, and encore telecasts (11:37 PM and 1:13 AM) combined to deliver 4.1 million Total Viewers and 1.79 million Adults 18-49. Fargo’s first-run episode at 10:00 PM posted 2.65 million Total Viewers and 1.02 million Adults 18-49, which were respective increases of +100% and +67% over its lead-in half hour (the broadcast premiere of the movie Contraband). The network expects a massive spike in viewership when Live+3 ratings data becomes available on Monday and inclusive of Live+7 data in approximately three weeks."

Even Showtime will often make a first episode (as they did with Dexter) available and even on YouTube. HBO made the first episode of "Silicon Valley" available on YouTube but I hear that was because HBO Go crashed due to demand of "Game of Thrones." It's a good way to promo a show. Some of the networks execs aren't getting the shift in viewing from having cable to just streaming or they do but are stuck with dated contracts with cable and satellite providers and can't wait until those expire. The millennials don't even watch whole shows anymore but just clips online which are free. The world is changing and no, cable cutting isn't a minor concern anymore:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/17/netflix-cable_n_5168725.html
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #43 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I wasn't too keen on the premiere. It sure got the quirky feel down, but it's not the kind of quirky that makes me all that interested in seeing what happens next with the characters.

That being said, this storyline has nine episodes left. That's plenty of time to make the totality of it about as enjoyable as the film, and we already have a good baseline in knowing what all of these people are about. I can't think of many shows that I ended up really liking that had a very strong start.
MSmith83 is offline  
post #44 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

[Even Showtime will often make a first episode (as they did with Dexter) available and even on YouTube. HBO made the first episode of "Silicon Valley" available on YouTube but I hear that was because HBO Go crashed due to demand of "Game of Thrones." It's a good way to promo a show. Some of the networks execs aren't getting the shift in viewing from having cable to just streaming or they do but are stuck with dated contracts with cable and satellite providers and can't wait until those expire. The millennials don't even watch whole shows anymore but just clips online which are free. The world is changing and no, cable cutting isn't a minor concern anymore:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/17/netflix-cable_n_5168725.html

And like I said, those are premium channels that require extra fees. If you have sat and cable to get those channels you get FX. They don't need to entice new viewers to fork over extra dollars.

As I pointed out in the Silicon Valley thread it's unusual for HBO to put out free episodes but given the demo it is aiming at they could either count the hits in an official capacity or let all the geeks who don't pay for HBO just find it the way geeks do. In a system that gives HBO no marketing feedback at all. FX has pay outlets for their shows online everywhere. They are cheap ways to sample as they air. HBO, Cinemax, etc. do not. They control online viewership of current seasons to convince viewers to pay for a sub.

Cable cutting is still a minority concern. It may be rising but it is still far outweighed by the old systems of distrbution. If you want to watch the latest episodes you are paying one way or another and since FX still has access to far more MSO viewers watching than not, they still have no reason to do anything to shift away.

As you have just demonstrated. You don't have FX but are considering buying the episode. FX are still getting paid. And still getting the ratings they live by.

If you like FX show quality you'll find a way to watch. If you like the movie you'll find a way to watch. And in both cases the show is marketing itself.


VisionOn is online now  
post #45 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

I wasn't too keen on the premiere. It sure got the quirky feel down, but it's not the kind of quirky that makes me all that interested in seeing what happens next with the characters.

That being said, this storyline has nine episodes left. That's plenty of time to make the totality of it about as enjoyable as the film, and we already have a good baseline in knowing what all of these people are about. I can't think of many shows that I ended up really liking that had a very strong start.
It appears it will have something like the structure of HBO's True Detective.
IMO, that's a good thing.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #46 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

I wasn't too keen on the premiere. It sure got the quirky feel down, but it's not the kind of quirky that makes me all that interested in seeing what happens next with the characters.

That being said, this storyline has nine episodes left. That's plenty of time to make the totality of it about as enjoyable as the film, and we already have a good baseline in knowing what all of these people are about. I can't think of many shows that I ended up really liking that had a very strong start.

I with you on this. It was everything I was afraid it was going to be. But it still held my attention. It also is apparently a magnet for actors to want to be in which is a bit jarring to see these guys in bit parts. I'll be sticking it out for a while.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is offline  
post #47 of 467 Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I with you on this. It was everything I was afraid it was going to be. But it still held my attention. It also is apparently a magnet for actors to want to be in which is a bit jarring to see these guys in bit parts. I'll be sticking it out for a while.

Yeah, the show's remarkably talented cast is the main reason I have decided to stick with it. Despite what I thought were its significant weakness, which I discussed earlier, I have decided to stick around too. At its best, it was pretty damn good and it was certainly never boring, to say the least, so perhaps my criticism of its, to me at least, clumsy comedy and excessive violence was overblown. I certainly hope so.
gwsat is online now  
post #48 of 467 Old 04-19-2014, 12:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Not the greatest of pilots, but better than the usual.

Interested in the BBT character most of all.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #49 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Glad I decided to give this another chance. This week was much better than the premier. Add a couple of new menacing characters, and the intrigue and suspense deepens. The sign language was so over-the-top and funny I expected the act to end once they finished their interrogation, but apparently it's not an act.

Deputy Bill Oswalt is about as dumb and foolish as they come, which makes him funny and irritable at the same time.

The BB toilet scene was very funny.
Aliens is offline  
post #50 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Yes, that was an excellent progression from the premiere.

It was weird seeing Glenn Howerton in something outside of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. His role as Dennis Reynolds is so affixed to my mind that I could not imagine him as anyone else.
MSmith83 is offline  
post #51 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 59
He also plays Cliff on The Mindy Project.
wco81 is offline  
post #52 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Glad I decided to give this another chance. This week was much better than the premier. Add a couple of new menacing characters, and the intrigue and suspense deepens. The sign language was so over-the-top and funny I expected the act to end once they finished their interrogation, but apparently it's not an act.

Deputy Bill Oswalt is about as dumb and foolish as they come, which makes him funny and irritable at the same time.

The BB toilet scene was very funny.

Yeah, I'm glad I decided to stick around too. This week's show was much better than the pilot. I now understand what the pilot was about. As alternately silly and excessively violent as the pilot was, it did a nice job of setting up what was to come.

I have been enjoying how the dumber than rocks new police chief is thwarting Molly's well founded investigation of Lester. Thanks to the new chief, every criminal in his town is a little safer.smile.gif I agree that the chief is maddening and funny in equal parts.

I always like Adam Goldberg but he has never been funnier than he was as the speaking and hearing half of the pair of thugs from Fargo. Don't look now but Fargo is showing signs of being really good.
gwsat is online now  
post #53 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Most definitely the second episode really ratcheted up the quality. This episode was deliciously twisted, and if they keep this up I'm in for the full ride. To be fair, they had me at that opening sequence with the two new characters and the drum kit soundtrack, just perfect!
Keenan is online now  
post #54 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 11:20 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Yeah, I'm glad I decided to stick around too. This week's show was much better than the pilot. I now understand what the pilot was about. As alternately silly and excessively violent as the pilot was, it did a nice job of setting up what was to come.

I have been enjoying how the dumber than rocks new police chief is thwarting Molly's well founded investigation of Lester. Thanks to the new chief, every criminal in his town is a little safer.smile.gif I agree that the chief is maddening and funny in equal parts.

I always like Adam Goldberg but he has never been funnier than he was as the speaking and hearing half of the pair of thugs from Fargo. Don't look now but Fargo is showing signs of being really good.
Yes, Adam Goldberg is a master at the deadpan delivery, even giving BBT a run for his money in that department, I do hope his character sticks around.
Keenan is online now  
post #55 of 467 Old 04-23-2014, 11:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Glad I decided to give this another chance. This week was much better than the premier. Add a couple of new menacing characters, and the intrigue and suspense deepens. The sign language was so over-the-top and funny I expected the act to end once they finished their interrogation, but apparently it's not an act.

The BB toilet scene was very funny.
Agreed, tonite's episode was excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Thanks to the new chief, every criminal in his town is a little safer.smile.gif I agree that the chief is maddening and funny in equal parts.
I like him just the way he is.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Yes, Adam Goldberg is a master at the deadpan delivery, even giving BBT a run for his money in that department, I do hope his character sticks around.
No doubt we will see a Battle of Hitmen somewhere down the road.wink.gif
Keenan likes this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #56 of 467 Old 04-24-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post


I always like Adam Goldberg but he has never been funnier than he was as the speaking and hearing half of the pair of thugs from Fargo.

Goldberg has forever been cemented in my mind because of the gruesome way he died by being slowly stabbed to death in Saving Private Ryan. My worst nightmare.

Here the signing is discussed. It's interesting because I was thinking so much of it was adlibbed BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

To be fair, they had me at that opening sequence with the two new characters and the drum kit soundtrack, just perfect!

Loved that beat.
Aliens is offline  
post #57 of 467 Old 04-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well said Aliens, I too remember Adam very clearly from the Private Ryan scene. He is always good....
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #58 of 467 Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post



I always like Adam Goldberg but he has never been funnier than he was as the speaking and hearing half of the pair of thugs from Fargo. .

Pretty funny in DAZED AND CONFUSED

cinema13 is online now  
post #59 of 467 Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Member
 
HJonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Glad I decided to give this another chance. This week was much better than the premier. Add a couple of new menacing characters, and the intrigue and suspense deepens. The sign language was so over-the-top and funny I expected the act to end once they finished their interrogation, but apparently it's not an act.

Deputy Bill Oswalt is about as dumb and foolish as they come, which makes him funny and irritable at the same time.

The BB toilet scene was very funny.
I bet it was a gas for the sound effects people the day they plopped that turd.wink.gif

HJ
...esse quam videri
HJonez is offline  
post #60 of 467 Old 04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I find myself begging for the next Billy Bob scene and for some hideous reason, rooting for Lester to escape. I am ashamed.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off