"Believe" on NBC HD - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 68 Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 31,857
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2465 Post(s)
Liked: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Wasn't last week the first time the cops caught them? The previous instance was Milton and his cronies posing as officers.
I think real cops caught them but then they were put in a cruiser with Milton and Co? I think, maybe not.
Keenan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 68 Old 04-02-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 14,153
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3412 Post(s)
Liked: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I gave up after the second episode.
Ditto...
Stereodude is offline  
post #63 of 68 Old 04-02-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 14,458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2349
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Wasn't last week the first time the cops caught them? The previous instance was Milton and his cronies posing as officers.
I think real cops caught them but then they were put in a cruiser with Milton and Co? I think, maybe not.

Yep, in an uncharacteristically clever move Milton brought his Mission Impossible crew to take over from the real cops who apprehended Bo and Tate. Last week and this week it was superpowers which helped them escape.


VisionOn is offline  
 
post #64 of 68 Old 04-03-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 1,956
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 80
My favorite part of AVS forums is how many people hate and don't watch shows yet still read and post in those shows forums smile.gif

As for me, I'm still recording and watching. I like Bo, don't like Tate and Milton and his minions? Meh!

Seems like the show is still trying to figure itself out. Paranormal show, Touching feel good show, cop chase 'em show. They keep throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
David James is offline  
post #65 of 68 Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 16,751
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

My favorite part of AVS forums is how many people hate and don't watch shows yet still read and post in those shows forums smile.gif

As for me, I'm still recording and watching. I like Bo, don't like Tate and Milton and his minions? Meh!

Seems like the show is still trying to figure itself out. Paranormal show, Touching feel good show, cop chase 'em show. They keep throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
I personally stopped posting because I opted to bail. The last straw was her choosing the route for their escape out the fire escape, getting almost all the way to the bottom, then freaking out over heights. That whole scene gave me flashbacks to Dakota Fanning's cringeworthy performance in the "War of the Worlds" remake.

I just couldn't watch the show anymore without seriously hoping Tate would punt her off a bridge. Bo, Snarf, Jar jar Binks and Wesley Crusher are in the top contention for most annoying characters I've seen over the years.

However, I keep up with the thread to remind myself that I made the right decision...
NetworkTV is online now  
post #66 of 68 Old 04-03-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States, Earth
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

The last straw was her choosing the route for their escape out the fire escape, getting almost all the way to the bottom, then freaking out over heights.

 

I found that quite believable. It's one thing to be on what appears to be stairs; it's another to be on a vertical ladder.

 

However, I thought standard operating procedure when approaching a fugitive was to cover all the exits, including fire escapes., or have the building surrounded. But then, this is just a show (thoughts of a Saturday Night Live skit: It's just a show; get a life!), and coincidences and lucky breaks tend to be unnaturally common for the heroes of a show.


My very humble setup:
Spoiler!
Mark12547 is online now  
post #67 of 68 Old 04-04-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I don't expect realism on a Sci-Fi show, anything can happen IMO.. unless I missed the "based on real events" part somewhere..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #68 of 68 Old 04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
TeeJay1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I personally stopped posting because I opted to bail. The last straw was her choosing the route for their escape out the fire escape, getting almost all the way to the bottom, then freaking out over heights. .

My wife insisted on going to the Grand Canyon and then was unable to leave the bus to look at the views as she said it made her want to jump and she was afraid of falling.smile.gif
TeeJay1952 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off