DODGERS SPORTSNET LA CHANNEL? - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 152 Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
According to the Los Angeles Times website, Time-Warner Cable has made a deal with local channel KDOC to carry the last six of the remaining late season Dodger games.

A major victory for all Dodger fans' TV coverage this year; a major precedent for OTA Dodger coverage for next season!

"Remember what it was like to hear Vin Scully broadcast the Dodgers on TV? Remember the Dodgers on TV?" - Steve Dilbeck, LA Times

Last edited by MichaelLAX; 09-15-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 152 Old 09-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Six OTA Dodger games this week on KDOC, which only required the "flip of a switch" to simulcast them off of SportsNet LA: Let's review what was predicted five months ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyPacks View Post
Not like I am in favor of a merger, but there is a contract in place for Time Warner to broadcast all the Dodger games. Time Warner therefore had to make a capital investment for this to happen. They also hired people for this as well. Conversely, no other local broadcaster have made any preparations to broadcast Dodger games this year, so you cannot just flip a switch at a moment's notice.

As I said before, you should have done this complaining earlier as it is way too late.

Seriously, now you want to dictate what a team get revenue-wise from their local broadcasters? When the Dodger's contract expired, every local broadcaster had a chance to pick them up, including Fox Sports/Prime Ticket. For better or worse, Time Warner gave the Dodgers most money so they took that offer. Nothing illegal about that. That is all anybody cares if you want 3rd-party action.

For some reason, you think it is alright if other teams do it, just not the Dodgers. Last I checked, SoCal residents are not guaranteed a right to watch the Dodgers for free.

Personally, if I did not like something a team did, I would just not support them anymore and find some else to do with my time.

Now that the camel's nose is under the tent, we have a precedent for the next season's broadcast schedule!
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page