post #271 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'd rather have fewer episodes if it will keep the quality consistent. I'm afraid if there are 20+ episodes that the season will degenerate into teen romance filler. I think we've already had enough of that in season 1.
Absolutely, I agree, with these type of shows it's very easy for them to devolve into a lot of teen age romantic white noise when they have so many episodes to fill. Keep it tight with low episode numbers, I think 13 is just about right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 278 Old 06-14-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 289
One other thing occurs to me... what are the odds that since the Mountain Men still seem to have electricity and other technology that they will somehow come up with a plan to rescue Jaha before his air runs out? I hope they don't go that route, but they might...
post #273 of 278 Old 06-14-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
One other thing occurs to me... what are the odds that since the Mountain Men still seem to have electricity and other technology that they will somehow come up with a plan to rescue Jaha before his air runs out? I hope they don't go that route, but they might...

They said he had about a week or two of air left. At the end of the episode the clock on the camera watching the kids said it was over 6 days and counting, were they watching them for over 6 days????

post #274 of 278 Old 06-15-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I'd rather have fewer episodes if it will keep the quality consistent. I'm afraid if there are 20+ episodes that the season will degenerate into teen romance filler. I think we've already had enough of that in season 1.
I found the level of teen romance filler in season 1, or even in Tomorrow People, which ran for 20+ episodes, to be tolerable. I bring up Tomorrow People, because I thought that show managed to sustain interest throughout the full season, with plenty of interesting plot twists and minimal predictable "mission of the week" and relationship filler, and even the relationship stuff threw in a few surprises.

So yes, as long as The 100 can keep things moving in an unpredictable fashion (killing characters that one would assume were unkillable, like Jaha's son), I'll happily put up with young, nubile bodies in their bras and panties every now and then.

Last edited by Zookster; 06-15-2014 at 11:44 AM.
post #275 of 278 Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 53
[quote=Zookster;24987066]
Quote:
I found the level of teen romance filler in season 1, or even in Tomorrow People, which ran for 20+ episodes, to be tolerable. I bring up Tomorrow People, because I thought that show managed to sustain interest throughout the full season, with plenty of interesting plot twists and minimal predictable "mission of the week" and relationship filler, and even the relationship stuff threw in a few surprises.
I gave up on Tomorrow People, actually I missed a few episodes and couldn't get caught up and just let it go, did it end ok, is it left with a cliff hanger or does it have a decent stopping place?
post #276 of 278 Old 06-15-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 55
[quote=rebkell;24987362]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Quote:
I gave up on Tomorrow People, actually I missed a few episodes and couldn't get caught up and just let it go, did it end ok, is it left with a cliff hanger or does it have a decent stopping place?
There was a character cliffhanger ending, but the season long story arc got wrapped up pretty tightly. It's kinda like a comic book ending one storyline, with the last 2 pages setting up the next big arc.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #277 of 278 Old 06-15-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 39
[quote=Westly-C;24988722]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Quote:
There was a character cliffhanger ending, but the season long story arc got wrapped up pretty tightly. It's kinda like a comic book ending one storyline, with the last 2 pages setting up the next big arc.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm really glad Tomorrow People wrapped it up the way it did for the sake of closure, given the cancellation, as this show makes for great Netflix streaming viewing whenever it lands there for folks who missed this very entertaining series.
post #278 of 278 Old 06-15-2014, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 289
I don't usually mind romance angles, either, but I would be happier to have CW showing something different, since it already has enough of those shows on its roster. TP was a huge disappointment, and I'm glad The 100 got picked up for a second season instead.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page