post #271 of 330 Old 06-13-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'd rather have fewer episodes if it will keep the quality consistent. I'm afraid if there are 20+ episodes that the season will degenerate into teen romance filler. I think we've already had enough of that in season 1.
Absolutely, I agree, with these type of shows it's very easy for them to devolve into a lot of teen age romantic white noise when they have so many episodes to fill. Keep it tight with low episode numbers, I think 13 is just about right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 330 Old 06-14-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 439
One other thing occurs to me... what are the odds that since the Mountain Men still seem to have electricity and other technology that they will somehow come up with a plan to rescue Jaha before his air runs out? I hope they don't go that route, but they might...
post #273 of 330 Old 06-14-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
One other thing occurs to me... what are the odds that since the Mountain Men still seem to have electricity and other technology that they will somehow come up with a plan to rescue Jaha before his air runs out? I hope they don't go that route, but they might...

They said he had about a week or two of air left. At the end of the episode the clock on the camera watching the kids said it was over 6 days and counting, were they watching them for over 6 days????

post #274 of 330 Old 06-15-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
I'd rather have fewer episodes if it will keep the quality consistent. I'm afraid if there are 20+ episodes that the season will degenerate into teen romance filler. I think we've already had enough of that in season 1.
I found the level of teen romance filler in season 1, or even in Tomorrow People, which ran for 20+ episodes, to be tolerable. I bring up Tomorrow People, because I thought that show managed to sustain interest throughout the full season, with plenty of interesting plot twists and minimal predictable "mission of the week" and relationship filler, and even the relationship stuff threw in a few surprises.

So yes, as long as The 100 can keep things moving in an unpredictable fashion (killing characters that one would assume were unkillable, like Jaha's son), I'll happily put up with young, nubile bodies in their bras and panties every now and then.

Last edited by Zookster; 06-15-2014 at 12:44 PM.
post #275 of 330 Old 06-15-2014, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 99
[quote=Zookster;24987066]
Quote:
I found the level of teen romance filler in season 1, or even in Tomorrow People, which ran for 20+ episodes, to be tolerable. I bring up Tomorrow People, because I thought that show managed to sustain interest throughout the full season, with plenty of interesting plot twists and minimal predictable "mission of the week" and relationship filler, and even the relationship stuff threw in a few surprises.
I gave up on Tomorrow People, actually I missed a few episodes and couldn't get caught up and just let it go, did it end ok, is it left with a cliff hanger or does it have a decent stopping place?
post #276 of 330 Old 06-15-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 75
[quote=rebkell;24987362]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Quote:
I gave up on Tomorrow People, actually I missed a few episodes and couldn't get caught up and just let it go, did it end ok, is it left with a cliff hanger or does it have a decent stopping place?
There was a character cliffhanger ending, but the season long story arc got wrapped up pretty tightly. It's kinda like a comic book ending one storyline, with the last 2 pages setting up the next big arc.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #277 of 330 Old 06-15-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Westly-C;24988722]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Quote:
There was a character cliffhanger ending, but the season long story arc got wrapped up pretty tightly. It's kinda like a comic book ending one storyline, with the last 2 pages setting up the next big arc.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm really glad Tomorrow People wrapped it up the way it did for the sake of closure, given the cancellation, as this show makes for great Netflix streaming viewing whenever it lands there for folks who missed this very entertaining series.
post #278 of 330 Old 06-15-2014, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't usually mind romance angles, either, but I would be happier to have CW showing something different, since it already has enough of those shows on its roster. TP was a huge disappointment, and I'm glad The 100 got picked up for a second season instead.
post #279 of 330 Old 10-18-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Just a reminder... season two begins next wed (10/22)...
baja7475 likes this.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #280 of 330 Old 10-18-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Just a reminder... season two begins next wed (10/22)...
I've got the DVR set. Looking forward to it.

Referencing the thread a couple above this one, I was just looking at my streaming sources, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon and none of them have 'The Tomorrow People' ... anybody know why it isn't anywhere, not that I am that interested in it, but seems curious that it isn't on anywhere.

No matter, Clarke and company are coming back.
post #281 of 330 Old 10-18-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
I've got the DVR set. Looking forward to it.

Referencing the thread a couple above this one, I was just looking at my streaming sources, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon and none of them have 'The Tomorrow People' ... anybody know why it isn't anywhere, not that I am that interested in it, but seems curious that it isn't on anywhere.

No matter, Clarke and company are coming back.
The Tomorrow People was added to Netflix Streaming this week.
http://instantwatcher.com/titles/198044

FYI, The 100 S1 will be added next week to streaming I believe.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #282 of 330 Old 10-18-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
The Tomorrow People was added to Netflix Streaming this week.
http://instantwatcher.com/titles/198044

FYI, The 100 S1 will be added next week to streaming I believe.
Well duh, if I could spell I would have had a lot less problems and not spent time looking in other places, some advice, don't type in tommorow if you're trying to find Tomorrow...
post #283 of 330 Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Not too bad, I like this show. I'd swear Clarke's boobage has increased
post #284 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Not too bad, I like this show. I'd swear Clarke's boobage has increased
She's been laying down.

They're probably a bit more perky from the lack of gravity acting on them.

Then again, maybe it's just really cold in that place.
post #285 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
More revealing clothing?

Eliza Taylor: Now Even Hotter. Hope the show continues to improve as well.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #286 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Good S2 opening.
Lots of ways this could go....

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #287 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Definitely off to a good start. This season's premiere picked up right where the last season ended without missing a beat. I just wish they had shown how Finn and Bellamy survived the blast or how the soldiers missed Raven inside the capsule (or how Raven missed everyone being abducted outside the capsule--she must've heard something). At any rate, Clarke's cleavage should help keep ratings up if nothing else does. lol

Quote:
There's really only one way I see this going and that's a huge mid-season or season finale showdown between the people in Mount Weather and the Ark people. I think president Dante will prove to have a wee bit of the Governor in him.
post #288 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Just when I thought they had ridden themselves of Murphy he dragged himself back in.
post #289 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Just when I thought they had ridden themselves of Murphy he dragged himself back in.
For a brief moment I thought they were going to write him off- but then the rifle ran out of bullets!
Drats!

post #290 of 330 Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Season 2 is looking to be a lot broader than season 1 was. Now we have the Octavia/Lincoln's tribe stuff, the Mount Weather captives, the Ark survivors, and... Jaha's alien friends? I would have had more respect for the show if they had just let him sacrifice himself cleanly for the good of his people. Instead, now we're either going to be left wondering what happened to him for several episodes, or maybe his adventures in Arkville will be another recurring segment.
post #291 of 330 Old 10-24-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Great premiere, like the direction they are going and lots of mysteries.

post #292 of 330 Old 10-31-2014, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 505
After the terrible middle dive of the first season it took me a while to get the impetus to continue so I've only just caught up. It got better towards the end of the first season and the premiere started well but now it's just devolving into a rotation of captures and escapes. The characters have taken a hit too.

A weakened Octavia somehow has now become capable of overpowering a strong warrior (Ty Olsson in another genre guest role) and Kane has gone back to being evil dictator. It was obvious Jaha was hallucinating, but the missile escape was so nonsensical I was hoping he hallucinated that too and he was going to wake up on the floor of the Ark just about to die.

I was expecting the Mountain guys to be using the 100 for body parts or to expand their gene pool with forced fertilization or something, so the fact they are just using the Grounders magic blood is less evil than I expected. I guess the Mountain Men dump the bodies in the mine or have a deal going with the Reapers who collect new prisoners in exchange for the leftovers.

post #293 of 330 Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Season 2 is looking to be a lot broader than season 1 was. Now we have the Octavia/Lincoln's tribe stuff, the Mount Weather captives, the Ark survivors, and... Jaha's alien friends? I would have had more respect for the show if they had just let him sacrifice himself cleanly for the good of his people. Instead, now we're either going to be left wondering what happened to him for several episodes, or maybe his adventures in Arkville will be another recurring segment.
Did I miss something? What alien friends? You mean the oxygen-deprived hallucinations he was having?
post #294 of 330 Old 10-31-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Did I miss something? What alien friends? You mean the oxygen-deprived hallucinations he was having?
I wrote that before this week's episode aired and proved that Jaha was only hallucinating. I was guessing the baby would be an alien presence previously... and I think I might have liked it better that way. He really should have died, but now he's going to be wandering around the desert for several episodes. I don't think we need that angle with everything else that's happening.

I, too, was expecting the Mountain Men to be using the 100 to make themselves immune to the radiation, so using the Grounders does indeed make them seem less evil than Clarke thought they were. Bummer.
post #295 of 330 Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm so confused by what is going on that I feel I missed an episode.
post #296 of 330 Old 11-02-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

There's an OP now, and that's all that really matters.
post #297 of 330 Old 11-07-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

This show keeps rolling! Another solid episode....

So those bodies in the mining carts were still alive? Damn, that's nasty!
baja7475 likes this.

post #298 of 330 Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Now we know where the Reapers got their supply of humans to eat in season 1. No Jaha this week made for a better episode, too.
post #299 of 330 Old 11-07-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Now we know where the Reapers got their supply of humans to eat in season 1...
And obviously they like them alive

post #300 of 330 Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 138
The production line seems to be: mountain men capture grounders, recycle their blood to help adjust their bodies to the outside residual radiation, and then dispose of their spent bodies to the reapers. Henry Ford would be proud of them, although Grounder's International officially disagree.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page