Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 343 Unread 12-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I hope, the girl with the missing bone material is still alive.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #333 of 343 Unread 12-19-2014, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 445
It's not a good sign of your character's survival prospects when you get your own flashbacks for the first time in the midseason finale.

I thought it had the most satisfying conclusion possible under those circumstances, though; it would have been a real letdown if they managed to weasel their way out of that situation. Kudos to Clarke for not trying something stupid like knifing the Grounder commander. She might even respect Clarke more for being willing to give a mercy killing to her own man.
Zookster likes this.
post #334 of 343 Unread 12-20-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It's not a good sign of your character's survival prospects when you get your own flashbacks for the first time in the midseason finale.

I thought it had the most satisfying conclusion possible under those circumstances, though; it would have been a real letdown if they managed to weasel their way out of that situation. Kudos to Clarke for not trying something stupid like knifing the Grounder commander. She might even respect Clarke more for being willing to give a mercy killing to her own man.
It was the only way, the entire episode was his flashbacks and everyone else trying to save him, this was the only possible route the show could take that made sense with his character's darker turn this season.
post #335 of 343 Unread 12-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
One of my favorite things about the show was how they maintained about five or six different stories going at the same time. Therefore this was one of my least favorite episodes with the whole story focused on one thing. Okay, maybe it was a big deal to kill off one of the main characters. But now, other than the kids still in the Mountain, everyone is together. I hope when the show comes back after the break they figure how to split them back into multiple groups again.

Duane
post #336 of 343 Unread Today, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 507
I was even more happy Finn died after spending an episode of people going back and forth justifying him and trying to come up with more trade offers to an ultimatum spelled out in the first ten minutes by everyone concerned. Lincoln was magically transported to the camp and even after being stoned on psycho juice still had the most logical argument.

Throughout the series Murphy has been the go-to bad guy that everyone hates and only killed two people who both tried to kill him. The 100 tried to hang Murphy for a crime he did not commit and then he was thrown to the Grounders to be tortured. He was sent to camp prison as soon as the ship arrived for wounding Raven.

It was just idiotic that every single person was on Finn's side, gave him no punishment at all and were willing to sacrifice the entire camp after he executed a prisoner and then shot multiple women and kids. Yet we are supposed to sympathise with him? Murphy by all accounts has had the worst time at the hands of the 100 and has killed less people! At the least Finn should have been locked up as soon as he reached camp.
Machuran likes this.

post #337 of 343 Unread Today, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I was even more happy Finn died after spending an episode of people going back and forth justifying him and trying to come up with more trade offers to an ultimatum spelled out in the first ten minutes by everyone concerned. Lincoln was magically transported to the camp and even after being stoned on psycho juice still had the most logical argument.

Throughout the series Murphy has been the go-to bad guy that everyone hates and only killed two people who both tried to kill him. The 100 tried to hang Murphy for a crime he did not commit and then he was thrown to the Grounders to be tortured. He was sent to camp prison as soon as the ship arrived for wounding Raven.

It was just idiotic that every single person was on Finn's side, gave him no punishment at all and were willing to sacrifice the entire camp after he executed a prisoner and then shot multiple women and kids. Yet we are supposed to sympathise with him? Murphy by all accounts has had the worst time at the hands of the 100 and has killed less people! At the least Finn should have been locked up as soon as he reached camp.
Exactly and it was very annoying to watch, this was the only way his character could go after his dark turn and another character shouldn't have to die to save him.
post #338 of 343 Unread Today, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

And to compound the stupidity of 100 justice I just remembered that Raven just punched a guard out of anger and she was instantly thrown in jail!

post #339 of 343 Unread Today, 05:35 PM

Quote:
And to compound the stupidity of 100 justice I just remembered that Raven just punched a guard out of anger and she was instantly thrown in jail!
And these are the same people that had executions (floating, I think?) for lesser crimes than what Finn did.
post #340 of 343 Unread Today, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Except you have to remember that the Grounders have been "the enemy" until now and were thus treated as being just a little less human than their own people. I don't find it inconsistent at all that Murphy and Raven got bigger punishments for lesser crimes than Finn did when the main difference (in their eyes) is that Finn went crazy when fighting the bad guys and thus could have his actions chalked up to the horrors of war.
post #341 of 343 Unread Today, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Except you have to remember that the Grounders have been "the enemy" until now and were thus treated as being just a little less human than their own people. I don't find it inconsistent at all that Murphy and Raven got bigger punishments for lesser crimes than Finn did when the main difference (in their eyes) is that Finn went crazy when fighting the bad guys and thus could have his actions chalked up to the horrors of war.
The big problem is that he gunned down unarmed Grounders in their territory, it's a lot different than killing them during a war which even Clarke brought it up when she was trying to plea for him.
post #342 of 343 Unread Today, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
So if the Ark group are willing to overlook killing defenseless children in cold blood just because they live in the jungle, then why should we have any sympathy for any of them? The whole point of rules of war is to establish who is the superior moral force.

If the writers have decided that the Ark group are using extreme measures not for the survival of humanity but just because they are aholes then the audience has no reason to care if they are victorious or not. Sooner the MM drain their bone marrow the better. And the sooner the Grounders kill them all the better Earth will be.

post #343 of 343 Unread Today, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
The big problem is that he gunned down unarmed Grounders in their territory, it's a lot different than killing them during a war which even Clarke brought it up when she was trying to plea for him.
I know, but clearly they don't see it that way.

Quote:
So if the Ark group are willing to overlook killing defenseless children in cold blood just because they live in the jungle, then why should we have any sympathy for any of them?
I would like to say that maybe it's one of the points they're making and that one of the reasons they've introduced so many different factions is to show that none of them can claim any kind of absolute moral high ground, but I fear that such an analysis would be giving the writers too much credit.
Reply HDTV Programming