Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #451 of 637 Old 01-26-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Might be a good idea to watch the last season's finale' again before watching this season's opener.

I found the season 3 premier a bit confusing too... I'm going to watch it a second time.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 637 Old 01-26-2016, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2206
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Might be a good idea to watch the last season's finale' again before watching this season's opener.
Save some time ...

http://the100.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_M..._Blood_(Part_2)

post #453 of 637 Old 01-26-2016, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked: 2167
I didn't have any trouble at all picking up where the show left off last season, it all seemed pretty clear to me.

The most confusing part for me was what and how Sheriff Jo was on that dock with Jaha, I thought she was just a holographic presentation of the AI that was running in that mansion, but maybe she's(it) more than that, or they've got really good WiFi that extends all the way to the dock.

post #454 of 637 Old 01-26-2016, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
The most confusing part for me was what and how Sheriff Jo was on that dock with Jaha, I thought she was just a holographic presentation of the AI that was running in that mansion, but maybe she's(it) more than that, or they've got really good WiFi that extends all the way to the dock.
Yeah that was a very slight scene but probably an indicator of what happened to Jaha over the three months with Sexy AI.

Is he still human? Did he get a neural implant doohickey that Sexy AI can control? Did he spend too long wandering in the desert and he's gone the full Baltar?

She is wearing a red dress after all ...
Don S, Ph8te and Zookster like this.

post #455 of 637 Old 01-26-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked: 2167
That's right, I didn't pick up on that!
post #456 of 637 Old 01-27-2016, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Jo was using her 'mobile emitter' per ST:Voyager
Keenan and baja7475 like this.

Commander Bill Adama
post #457 of 637 Old 01-30-2016, 01:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Jasper needs to blow his head off, or grow a pair soon. There is almost no character on the show that didn't lose somebody. Yeah I really don't have time for drunk losers, fictional or otherwise.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Ex diversis cogitationibus ex cute color.

The Hun
post #458 of 637 Old 01-30-2016, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Jasper needs to blow his head off, or grow a pair soon. There is almost no character on the show that didn't lose somebody. Yeah I really don't have time for drunk losers, fictional or otherwise.
I couldn't agree more. Jasper and Maya were barely even together anyway with the limited contact that was allowed, and during most of the time they knew each other, they knew their days were numbered. His angst is being way overplayed like a G.D. Twilight movie.
cel4145 likes this.
post #459 of 637 Old 01-30-2016, 10:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 1385
I don't think he's the problem at all; some people handle tragedy well, while others don't. He's just weak and lost his marbles, which is indeed what happens to some people.

The problem is that everybody else is supposed to be sane, and these people would never take an unreliable drunken fool on a mission with them. They'd tell him to get his ducks in a row or get tossed out of camp, but they'd never put him in situations where his despair would get the rest of them killed, too.
Keenan likes this.
post #460 of 637 Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Will we see some more lesbian action with Clarke and "Alisha" next week?

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #461 of 637 Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Will we see some more lesbian action with Clarke and "Alisha" next week?
Doubtful considering Clarke's reaction when she learned who ordered her capture... unless you considering carving someone's heart out rough foreplay

Commander Bill Adama
post #462 of 637 Old 02-06-2016, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's amazing how much better this show is without Jaha blathering about the City of Light.
Don S and Zookster like this.
post #463 of 637 Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It's amazing how much better this show is without Jaha blathering about the City of Light.
I dunno. One of my favorite moments from last season is when he threw "Eric?" off the boat.

BTW. How is it that 10,000 years of agriculture could disappear? The grounders are all hunter/gatherers. No one knows how to farm? There's no way the Eastern United States is rich enough to support such a large population of hunter/gatherers. The Native Americans farmed that land extensively before the Europeans arrived.

Of course, this is the same show where they had to invent a new language. English, French and Spanish (Dutch if you count the Caribbean) are the only languages widely spoken in North America. There's no way people forgot how to speak it--radiation or not.
post #464 of 637 Old 02-06-2016, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 374
I never expected Mount Weather to be destroyed. That caught me off guard.
Don S and cel4145 like this.

"You're Sherlock Holmes, wear the damn hat!" - Watson to Sherlock
Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - 1/01/16
Mr. Video
My Geek Images
post #465 of 637 Old 02-07-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

Of course, this is the same show where they had to invent a new language. English, French and Spanish (Dutch if you count the Caribbean) are the only languages widely spoken in North America. There's no way people forgot how to speak it--radiation or not.
I seem to recall during the first season Lincoln struggling to understand and learn English. Yet in the scenes involving Lexi's coalition, all the grounder leaders and Clarke's bounty-hunter prince, spoke it perfectly. Though in the same episode, Kane had to speak the grounder language when getting food from the vendor.

This leads me to conclude that grounder leaders, and their lieutenants and offspring, are required to complete a Skaikru language certificate program as part of their post-graduate hunter/gatherer university degrees.
post #466 of 637 Old 02-08-2016, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
I think they did that to Mount Weather because they didn't want it to be something the tribes could always go back to for supplies, healing, medicine, etc. Good way to eliminate that plot element.
cel4145 likes this.

post #467 of 637 Old 02-08-2016, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I seem to recall during the first season Lincoln struggling to understand and learn English. Yet in the scenes involving Lexi's coalition, all the grounder leaders and Clarke's bounty-hunter prince, spoke it perfectly. Though in the same episode, Kane had to speak the grounder language when getting food from the vendor.
Lincoln was captured, then tortured by the 100, so he chose not to speak, allowing them to assume he didn't understand. It was only after Octavia forced him to reveal an antidote for a poison knife (that he stabbed Finn with), did she discover he understood and spoke English. All the Grounders have since season one.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #468 of 637 Old 02-08-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
Lincoln was captured, then tortured by the 100, so he chose not to speak, allowing them to assume he didn't understand. It was only after Octavia forced him to reveal an antidote for a poison knife (that he stabbed Finn with), did she discover he understood and spoke English. All the Grounders have since season one.
Lincoln said only the warriors spoke English.
post #469 of 637 Old 02-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Wow, last night's episode was amazing. This season I'm really getting a strong Game of Thrones vibe when I watch the show. Although I think I like the fast pacing of The 100 even better. I don't have HBO, so I only see GoT when it comes out on Blu-ray. I went last year and saw the final two episodes of GoT season 4 when they released them in the theaters before seeing the first eight episodes and other than one big character death, it didn't feel like I had missed anything. I think if I skipped the first eight episodes of season 3 of The 100 I would be lost because the plot moves along so briskly.

The one-on-one sword fight was amazing. I think that was one of the best sword fights I've seen on TV. I loved how they managed to make it look like they were both going to win several times before it was over.

Plus the scenes with Bellamy near the end made me feel so angry for him suddenly acting so stupidly and that's when it sank in how much they have pulled me into the show's story line. I never would have guessed it would happen, but I think The 100 is now among my personal top 4 favorite shows that are currently on TV.

Duane
post #470 of 637 Old 02-12-2016, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I concur; not only was the fight scene amazing, but I've become highly invested in the characters, too. I don't generally get very worked up over fictional events, but the tremendous idiocy of the Farm Station leader had me raging at the screen. How can he be so stupid as to think that killing a peace keeping force of 300 won't bring the wrath of the entire coalition down on Skaikru? It's infuriating, and a TV show must be good if it can make you feel something.

Furthermore, this show has done a better job than I ever expected of advancing the plot each season in reasonable ways. Most high concept shows falter after a year or two when the writers run out of ideas, but the progression from the Ark to the Mountain to the Grounder capital has been well designed, and I can't wait to see what happens next (especially if it doesn't involve Jaha blathering about the City of Light!).

There was one thing I didn't understand, though: at the end of the previous episode, the Ice Queen was camped out somewhere with her forces, and at the start of this episode, she was in chains. How did she get captured? If she was with her army, did she purposefully give herself up so that she could orchestrate the events of the trial by combat? I felt like I missed a scene, there. One minute she's gloating over the destruction of Mount Weather, and the next she's a prisoner.
DuaneAA likes this.
post #471 of 637 Old 02-13-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I concur; not only was the fight scene amazing, but I've become highly invested in the characters, too. I don't generally get very worked up over fictional events, but the tremendous idiocy of the Farm Station leader had me raging at the screen. How can he be so stupid as to think that killing a peace keeping force of 300 won't bring the wrath of the entire coalition down on Skaikru? It's infuriating, and a TV show must be good if it can make you feel something.
And all the voters, who made this butthead the leader, are beyond stupid, too.

In the last scene of this episode, I thought, Lexa and Clarke would continue their relationship right then and there. Sadly they didn't.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #472 of 637 Old 02-13-2016, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yet another episode that shows us how great this show can be without Jaha and Murphy and that whole City of Light storyline.
post #473 of 637 Old 02-19-2016, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Yet another episode that shows us how great this show can be without Jaha and Murphy and that whole City of Light storyline.
And here there are again...

OMG, just wipe these Arcadia *******s out! A long and painful death for Bellamy! The Grounders win - happy end!
cel4145 likes this.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #474 of 637 Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Lexa is totally going to get herself killed at this rate. She can only be soft on the enemy so many times before somebody assassinates her. Clarke may be right in theory, but there's no way there can be peace with such a wingnut commanding Skaikru. If anything, Lexa should give the "Grounder sympathisers" within the camp a chance to defect before she burns the place to the ground. It's not like all the people who voted for Captain Massacre are going to stand for peace, either.
VisionOn and Turrican4D like this.
post #475 of 637 Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

The show is doing okay this season for the most part. I still don't know where Polis came from. Lexa and the other leaders were always hanging around in one camp or another before and now a huge city and civilization has suddenly appeared where all the action now takes place. If it was such a central hub of power why wasn't anything done there before?

As much as I enjoyed the fight scene and Lexa putting a spear through the Ice Queen, the actress who plays Lexa is still a terrible weak link in the show. Now her character is becoming weak too. Her fight scene was the only moment in two seasons that the actress has actually been convincing. Especially after the idiocy of last season's "Glad all you massive armies could make it. Let's go home now!" finale. I second the motion that Lexa should allow the supporters of Marcus to leave and then just use catapults to kill everyone else just for screwing things up again. Everyone got over Finn being sacrificed for his massacre (I think, I've lost track of who is responsible for which atrocity now ) so I think the remaining Arkers will be fine with that outcome.

Jaha and his magic Sexy AI pills has become a dull and cheap kind of plot now. It promised more than it delivered. At best I can see the pills being some kind of nanotech that links the human to the AI consciousness like batteries in The Matrix, but I was expecting new locations and new tech mysteries and it's become just Jaha wandering around again. Not even a drone in sight. And what happened to the nuke?

Apparently someone this season will be pregnant and even though the producers have said it isn't Clarke, Eliza Taylor seems to look bigger every episode. To the point that the usual tricks appear to have been used to disguise her midsection - carrying blankets, loose dresses, standing behind tables, camera shots from the rear etc.

If it's Octavia then I expect it will be one of those babies that brings everyone together as the hope of a new generation. A Skaikru Trikru hybrid that will be as annoying as it sounds. I just hope it doesn't magically grow quickly due to plot radiation.

post #476 of 637 Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

They should change the intro asap! Cannot stand this dumbass Bellamy talking smart to the audience.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #477 of 637 Old 02-24-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
They should change the intro asap! Cannot stand this dumbass Bellamy talking smart to the audience.
Everytime I hear the opening theme, all I can think of is Babylon 5, parts of it are so similar to me.
post #478 of 637 Old 02-24-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've gotten so sick of CW episode intro narrations that I just skip over all of them now. They should drop that part and make the theme song longer.
post #479 of 637 Old 02-24-2016, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

As much as it's cool to have quality opening titles with useful graphics, I would appreciate it if they also had a recap of which characters have killed what faction members. That way I can remember which of them is supposed to be the one we should be rooting for.

At this point they have all been responsible for killing someone, so it's a numbers game.

post #480 of 637 Old 02-25-2016, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
The show is doing okay this season for the most part. I still don't know where Polis came from. Lexa and the other leaders were always hanging around in one camp or another before and now a huge city and civilization has suddenly appeared where all the action now takes place. If it was such a central hub of power why wasn't anything done there before?
Was Lexi always leader of the 12 Clans or just Trikru? If she wasn't leader of the 12 Clans, maybe getting all her people from the Mountain Men elevated her status and/or freed her up to spend more time in Polis. What I don't understand is what happened to the Grounder HQ Lincoln first took Octavia to that looked like a post-apocalyptic Washington DC. I thought that was the main Grounder base of operation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page