Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #211 of 278 Old 05-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Well I for one think the show is getting better. less teenage angst, more interesting things going on. I don't even mind the Octavio/Lincoln romance. Everyone on the Ark and dropship are dead? (of course not, but not a bad cliffhanger - had this been Stargate Universe, that would've been the mid-season finale for sure).

And can someone remind me where I saw the grounders queen before? I know she's been on another show recently, but I can't place her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 278 Old 05-19-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Well I for one think the show is getting better. less teenage angst, more interesting things going on. I don't even mind the Octavio/Lincoln romance. Everyone on the Ark and dropship are dead? (of course not, but not a bad cliffhanger - had this been Stargate Universe, that would've been the mid-season finale for sure).

And can someone remind me where I saw the grounders queen before? I know she's been on another show recently, but I can't place her.
Dichen Lachman, she's been in Dollhouse, Last Resort, King & Maxwell and quite a few other shows.
post #213 of 278 Old 05-19-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:

...And can someone remind me where I saw the grounders queen before? I know she's been on another show recently, but I can't place her.
She was the bartender and the girlfriend of one of the seals on The Last Resort...

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #214 of 278 Old 05-19-2014, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 332
I was pretty shocked that all the escapees crashed. That was epic. biggrin.gif I'm not sure it will help the show in the long run, though. The immediate impact will be continuing to keep the adult/child portions separate, since the rest of the adults won't be able to come down any time soon, but it looks like the space station stuff isn't going to be around for much longer. They won't be able to fix the station anymore, so their only choice will be to scrounge parts to ready another ship to take them to the surface. Either they'll all die, too, leaving the remaining seasons to be dominated by the kids, or they'll make it to the ground, leaving the remaining seasons to focus on adult/kid survival drama. I'd rather keep the Ark stuff separate.
post #215 of 278 Old 05-19-2014, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dollhouse
post #216 of 278 Old 05-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Zakss View Post

Dollhouse

That must be it, even though I rarely watched Dollhouse (unlike shows like Marvel Agent of Shield, I gave up on Dollhouse about 5 episodes in). Thanks.
post #217 of 278 Old 05-21-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:

That must be it, even though I rarely watched Dollhouse (unlike shows like Marvel Agent of Shield, I gave up on Dollhouse about 5 episodes in).

Right about the time it started to get really good. I think 'Dollhouse' was a very underrated - a sci-fi show that actually lived up to the label.
ss9001 likes this.
post #218 of 278 Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Right about the time it started to get really good. I think 'Dollhouse' was a very underrated - a sci-fi show that actually lived up to the label.

completely agree

season 2 especially was really great. they took the story from doll-of-the-week to an apocalyptic vision of the corporation using the tech for nefarious reasons and take it to the logical conclusion, where no one is a real person anymore. the endpoint isn't pretty, a dim future with the collapse of civilization but a hopeful rising counterrevolution in the making. a good show!

and like Terminator Sarah Conners, under-rated. I'm not sure DH could have gone past a s3, but it sure made the best of last half of s1 and all of s2.

edit - I'll return the TU since you brought this up to begin with wink.gif
archiguy likes this.

Steve
post #219 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Errrr, so that's it for the adult traitors that tried to make it down? just ashes? they don't even find a burned body..

Also I wonder how the grounders managed to save a virus and store it for later wars with no technology at all.

No update from the Ark, I guess next episode.. (didn't see the previews)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #220 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Errrr, so that's it for the adult traitors that tried to make it down? just ashes? they don't even find a burned body..
They did find burned skeletal remains, dismembered limbs, etc.. at the crash site.
Clarke's mother was on that ship too. I just re-watched the whole sequence from the previous episode- she got attacked and knocked out while trying to open the doors from inside the drop ship- there's no way she could have escaped.
Wonder how they'll get around that?

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #221 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I think they showed a burnt corpse really quick. I found the virus really strange. Wouldn't it have been easier if the contagion was designed to outright kill after contact rather than incapacitate so you can come complete the job violently later? Of course if it had gone that way the show would be over..........

The one Grounder mentioned crossing the sea (ocean?) to join up with others. Interesting implication.
post #222 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, crossing the Atlantic in a simple boat would take weeks, even months... or maybe they'll go to Cuba or something..

Maybe the escape pod ship has smaller individual escape pod we didn't see?

post #223 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
It is better to wound than kill. If you kill, you can leave the body. If you wound, you need personnel to tend to the wounded. Personnel that may not be available for fighting.
post #224 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I totally understand that logic. But, the virus killed some of them. Now if no one died but just stayed severely ill throughout the entire episode then it would have made the danger more ominous and clever.
post #225 of 278 Old 05-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

I also imagine the immune systems of the 100 have been weakened by being on the Ark without a rich class of pathogens to defend against. I'm surprised there is a large amount of asthma suffering.
post #226 of 278 Old 05-23-2014, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe the sickness is caused by a different kind of berry that they fed him before letting him escape. tongue.gif
post #227 of 278 Old 05-23-2014, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:

Yeah, crossing the Atlantic in a simple boat would take weeks, even months... or maybe they'll go to Cuba or something..

Maybe the escape pod ship has smaller individual escape pod we didn't see?

An escape pod with an escape pod? They better not go with something so lame.

post #228 of 278 Old 05-23-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Or worse, they just forget about the Ark people the rest of the season, maybe have the Ark explode and could be seen from the ground, series finale..

Has this show's been renewed? I think I missed those news.

post #229 of 278 Old 05-23-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Or worse, they just forget about the Ark people the rest of the season, maybe have the Ark explode and could be seen from the ground, series finale..

Has this show's been renewed? I think I missed those news.
Yup, it was renewed, along with Beauty and the Beast rolleyes.gif
I read it the same day they mentioned The Tomorrow People had not been renewed...

post #230 of 278 Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
post #231 of 278 Old 05-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

That's it! "Being Human"! I definitely watched that. Thank you for digging this up.

As for the show itself - I guess all the adults are dead. Ballsy. If we don't get any scenes on the ark in the next episode, I guess we'll know for sure...
post #232 of 278 Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

They're not dead. Jaha et al. retreated behind the blast doors before the ship left. The station lost most of its power and resources, but they'll be back. If they were supposed to all be dead, the entire station would have exploded.
post #233 of 278 Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

They're not dead. Jaha et al. retreated behind the blast doors before the ship left. The station lost most of its power and resources, but they'll be back. If they were supposed to all be dead, the entire station would have exploded.

I agree the fate of the people on the Ark is up for debate - but the from what they said (and what we saw), they've lost all power and have no way off the Ark. Given they went a whole episode without showing anyone on the Ark, I feel like if we don't see something from them by the next episode, we can all agree they're toast.
post #234 of 278 Old 05-29-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Watched last episode. The preview said only 2 episodes remaining. Will there be closure or is that just the ending of this season?confused.gif
post #235 of 278 Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Since it was renewed, I assume that just the end of the season. As for next week, the mountain men are, I assume, troops from Mt. Weather.
post #236 of 278 Old 05-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

So the folks on the Ark aren't dead. But Clarke's mom got off the drop pod? Hrm, I'm not sure I like that twist. I preferred it when she went down with the ship, so to speak. Anyway, the show continues to impress and pull no punches. Loved Clarke taking out the grounder warrior. Not quite like the knife fight in Saving Private Ryan, but pretty good nonetheless.
post #237 of 278 Old 05-29-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

It was never clear that her mother was on the Exodus ship. The evil councilwoman said she would be useful and told one of her minions to load her on the ship, but we never saw it happen, and it seems quite plausible that they forgot to shove her on board as they were scrambling to launch before the rest of the council managed to pry the doors open. I didn't really ever think she was on the Exodus ship, but we've now set up the Clarke-mother reunion scenario: Clarke will forgive her for getting her father killed when she makes it to the surface and Clarke finds out that she's not dead.
post #238 of 278 Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

It was never clear that her mother was on the Exodus ship. The evil councilwoman said she would be useful and told one of her minions to load her on the ship, but we never saw it happen, and it seems quite plausible that they forgot to shove her on board as they were scrambling to launch before the rest of the council managed to pry the doors open. I didn't really ever think she was on the Exodus ship, but we've now set up the Clarke-mother reunion scenario: Clarke will forgive her for getting her father killed when she makes it to the surface and Clarke finds out that she's not dead.

You have it backwards. We saw her on the ship and we never saw her get off. In this last episode, we found out that someone pushed her back on the the Ark before the Exodus Ship was launched. Which, to me, is cheating the viewer.
post #239 of 278 Old 05-29-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't have the episode anymore to check, but I don't recall ever explicitly seeing her get loaded onto the Exodus ship. The evil councilwoman just said, "Put her on the ship," and then some guy dragged her off the screen. We didn't see what happened to her after that, and now we know for sure that she somehow didn't make it on board. I'm not sure how she didn't get sucked into space when the Exodus ship launched, though...
post #240 of 278 Old 05-30-2014, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

So I wonder if the remaining escape pod ships are damaged, so after 1,500 more people dead they should be enough to evacuate the Ark (so that guy actually head counted how many died?) but the station has little power now.

And as expected all the main Ark characters survived, including the one that should be ashes on the ground..

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page