post #241 of 278 Old 05-30-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I'm not sure how she didn't get sucked into space when the Exodus ship launched, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vObSEL57n2I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 278 Old 05-30-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

You have it backwards. We saw her on the ship and we never saw her get off. In this last episode, we found out that someone pushed her back on the the Ark before the Exodus Ship was launched. Which, to me, is cheating the viewer.
+1
I did go back and watch the drop ship episode from my server... Abby got attacked and knocked out while trying to open the doors from inside the drop ship- there's no way she could have escaped.
The drop ship launched just literally minutes later. Not surprising that we find out two episodes later that she somehow became conscious (or in a selfless act someone dragged her) and made it back onto the Arc...

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #243 of 278 Old 06-05-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Did I miss something?
At one time they said they had the capacity to evac 700 ppl down to Earth, now that one exodus ship launched.... and they have no more ships?

That must have been one big a$$ exodus ship if it held 700 people...

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #244 of 278 Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Nope, you didn't miss anything. The base had a single ship capable of taking 700 people - it was big.
I assumed the way off the station would be to build more of those one-man pods like Raven renovated. Taking the whole thing down? We'll see...
post #245 of 278 Old 06-05-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
It didn't seem that the ship that crashed on Earth had the size to fit 700 people, I also understood they were some escape ships around the ark that could fit 700 people total. (Like real live cruise ships, they won't have a single life boat)

Since the ark was decimated I think all of those pods are now un-repairable, now they have to find which section of the ark could survive an atmosphere re-entry, get all the people there and ride down to Earth, how are they gonna land? who knows...

But I bet they will land near the 100 (not like "the 75")

Those reapers seriously eat people alive or something? ouch

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #246 of 278 Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If at least a section of the ark doesn't survive earthfall, all those actors are out of work.
You just know it has to work.
post #247 of 278 Old 06-06-2014, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Did I miss something?
At one time they said they had the capacity to evac 700 ppl down to Earth, now that one exodus ship launched.... and they have no more ships?

That must have been one big a$$ exodus ship if it held 700 people...

During the episode that it launched they showed it. The thing was really massive. It was always their point to evac the 700 in the one exodus ship.

post #248 of 278 Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

During the episode that it launched they showed it. The thing was really massive. It was always their point to evac the 700 in the one exodus ship.
I went back and re-watched that breakaway scene... without reference, it was hard to determine the ship's relative size... but you must be correct because according to the most recent episode- they only had one exodus ship for 700 people.

Nothing like putting all your eggs (literally) in one basket. Probably conceived by the guys who decided to remove (even space saver) spare tires from modern cars...

post #249 of 278 Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I went back and re-watched that breakaway scene... without reference, it was hard to determine the ship's relative size... but you must be correct because according to the most recent episode- they only had one exodus ship for 700 people.

Nothing like putting all your eggs (literally) in one basket. Probably conceived by the guys who decided to remove (even space saver) spare tires from modern cars...

Remember, this wasn't built to be an ARK and to house all these people. It as put together from 12 different space stations already in orbit and the Exodus ship just would of been pieced together or part of someone's space station already, it was all they had.

post #250 of 278 Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That's not a really good comparison.

I read somewhere that a lot of spare tires are in terrible condition by the time people get around to needing them, so maybe some people are better off.

The problem is, the excuse used: it adds substantial weight to the car, which is ridiculous. All the emissions crap outweighs a spare tire several times over. If spare tires were as heavy as the auto makers claim, no one could ever get them out of the trunk.

Eliminating the spare tire is simply a way to cut costs, while giving them something extra to charge for when people want it. Unlike not having enough pods to escape with, the lack of a spare tie is motivated completely by profit, not by poor planning. In fact, a ton of planning likely went into eliminating the spare tire - including discussions on whether most people would even notice.
post #251 of 278 Old 06-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Remember, this wasn't built to be an ARK and to house all these people. It as put together from 12 different space stations already in orbit and the Exodus ship just would of been pieced together or part of someone's space station already, it was all they had.

Yeah, one thing they've mentioned is that the Ark wasn't built for its current purpose - it was 12 stations coming together after man nuked the ground. So they did what they could with what they had. I do think they should have invested in 700 single-man dropships rather than one 700-man dropship, though...
post #252 of 278 Old 06-07-2014, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Yeah, one thing they've mentioned is that the Ark wasn't built for its current purpose - it was 12 stations coming together after man nuked the ground. So they did what they could with what they had. I do think they should have invested in 700 single-man dropships rather than one 700-man dropship, though...

Probably not enough material, fuel, components, electronics, etc. to make that many. These are science stations, they don't have manufacturing capabilities to that extent.

post #253 of 278 Old 06-08-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Probably not enough material, fuel, components, electronics, etc. to make that many. These are science stations, they don't have manufacturing capabilities to that extent.
With that in mind.... could you imagine what re-entry would be like without heatshields? eek.gif

post #254 of 278 Old 06-08-2014, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

With that in mind.... could you imagine what re-entry would be like without heatshields? eek.gif

Yeah, that is what is getting me. So if 5% of the ship will survive re-entry (I can believe that) but wouldn't it get so hot inside they would die anyway/ I admittedly don't know much about the dynamics of space re-entry but it seems so.

post #255 of 278 Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, that is what is getting me. So if 5% of the ship will survive re-entry (I can believe that) but wouldn't it get so hot inside they would die anyway/ I admittedly don't know much about the dynamics of space re-entry but it seems so.
Skylab disintegrated upon hitting the atmosphere back in 1979, and the Soviet space station Mir, broke up in Earth's atmosphere over the South Pacific on 23 March 2001.
There's no way to control the very precise angle needed for a successful re-entry on a huge structure like a space station, and again- they have no heat shields to stand up to the 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit temps.
I'd guess that 0% would be a more accurate guess of survivability... although this is TV, so it's probably a forgone conclusion that the main characters will somehow survive.

post #256 of 278 Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Skylab disintegrated upon hitting the atmosphere back in 1979, and the Soviet space station Mir, broke up in Earth's atmosphere over the South Pacific on 23 March 2001.
There's no way to control the very precise angle needed for a successful re-entry on a huge structure like a space station, and again- they have no heat shields to stand up to the 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit temps.
I'd guess that 0% would be a more accurate guess of survivability... although this is TV, so it's probably a forgone conclusion that the main characters will somehow survive.

You are thinking in actual science not the pseudoscience that exists in the show.
post #257 of 278 Old 06-11-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

They just have to huddle up in the bathrooms. I hear those space bathrooms are capable of handling any kind of super-heated gasses... wink.gif
post #258 of 278 Old 06-12-2014, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have to say that this show started off slow. I watched the first episode and had pretty much decided I was done with it. It picked up as it went along and threw a few surprises. It has ended up being very dark. I like the world they are building. I like where they are taking the story.
Wytchone and WilliamR like this.
post #259 of 278 Old 06-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah, reasonably decent season finale. Finn dead perhaps? (probably not)
Octavia and Lincoln off on their own.
The local grounders dead (but we know there are more)...
The "Mountain Main" living with technology.

Let's hope the writers have an interesting story to tell next season.
post #260 of 278 Old 06-12-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I think it was after the third episode that I bailed. Then recently Maureen Ryan has been extolling The 100's virtues. I then watched episode 10 On Demand and then the final two episodes live. Now I'm chomping at the bit for season 2.
post #261 of 278 Old 06-12-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 298
I saved the penultimate episode so I could watch them both this week, and I was certainly entertained. The one thing I think is a little worrisome is that they're apparently making it up as they go along, as they had to overdub one of Lincoln's lines in the "previously" segment to make him say, "The Mountain Men will come and kill us all," since they had never previously mentioned survivors from the base, but they needed to give some hint of their existence in order to use the abduction as the final scene. If they didn't think of adding Mountain Men survivors until after the penultimate episode was already shot, that's cutting it pretty close (unless somebody cut the original scene mentioning them during the editing of episode 12).
post #262 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I saved the penultimate episode so I could watch them both this week, and I was certainly entertained. The one thing I think is a little worrisome is that they're apparently making it up as they go along, as they had to overdub one of Lincoln's lines in the "previously" segment to make him say, "The Mountain Men will come and kill us all," since they had never previously mentioned survivors from the base, but they needed to give some hint of their existence in order to use the abduction as the final scene. If they didn't think of adding Mountain Men survivors until after the penultimate episode was already shot, that's cutting it pretty close (unless somebody cut the original scene mentioning them during the editing of episode 12).
You are wrong. They clearly mentioned the Mountain Men in the previous episode with Lincoln. He clearly mentions the Mountain Men in that episode when he tells them they have to leave. 100% positive because after that episode and long before this one aired my wife and I speculated on what he meant by Mountain Men and our theories varied widely and laughable but my wife ended up being right.

post #263 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Entertaining season finale'.
So now we have three tribes (four it you count the 100 & Ark people) in our local area.
Seems Earth's not as barren as the Ark people suspected.

I'll be back for season 2, wonder if we'll get more than 10 episodes for S2?

post #264 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
At least the Ark people would be able to see from space that there was no electricity in the world, no communications going on, so they assume everyone was dead

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #265 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Excellent season finale. I'm glad I stuck with it. A little surprised they left Finn's and Bellamy's survival in doubt, but I'm sure the Ark folk will find one or both of them at the campsite to find out what happened and direct them toward the Mountain Men for the obvious rescue attempt in season 2. I think it's entirely possible one or both high-tailed it knowing the rockets would go off, and then went to Lincoln's house.

Can we assume Raven will get the proper medical attention she needs from the Mountain Men? Last we saw, she didn't seem dead, dead. FWIW, I think she's hotter than Clarke.

I hope season 2 can keep up the pacing of the second half of season 1.
post #266 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

[QUOTE=Zookster;24941585]and then went to Lincoln's house.

[QUOTE]

Don't know why but that part cracked me up. Just sounds funny when you think of where they are at.

post #267 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
They clearly mentioned the Mountain Men in the previous episode with Lincoln.
That's a relief, then. I guess they just dubbed that line to save time when compiling the "previously" segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Can we assume Raven will get the proper medical attention she needs from the Mountain Men?
I think it's a safe bet.
post #268 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Entertaining season finale'.
So now we have three tribes (four it you count the 100 & Ark people) in our local area.
Seems Earth's not as barren as the Ark people suspected.

I'll be back for season 2, wonder if we'll get more than 10 episodes for S2?

From the mouth of executive producer Jason Rothenberg, "Next season I think you can assume we're going to do
more. But the number will surprise people. So let me tease it like that -- it's more than 13 and fewer than 22.

See his interview at HUFFPOST TV: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...f=maureen-ryan
post #269 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
From the mouth of executive producer Jason Rothenberg, "Next season I think you can assume we're going to do more. But the number will surprise people. So let me tease it like that -- it's more than 13 and fewer than 22.

See his interview at HUFFPOST TV: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...f=maureen-ryan
That's good news... 20 would be a decent number.

post #270 of 278 Old 06-13-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd rather have fewer episodes if it will keep the quality consistent. I'm afraid if there are 20+ episodes that the season will degenerate into teen romance filler. I think we've already had enough of that in season 1.
Keenan and Zookster like this.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page