"Silicon Valley" on HBO HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 47Likes
post #271 of 284 Unread 06-15-2015, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
He's still on the board, but his votes are outnumbered by the others. He stupidly gave more voting rights to one person thus they can out vote him on any decision.

Sent from nowhere
Which goes to show why he shouldn't be CEO. He could have made that deal specific to Russ without the right to assign or sell 3 board positions although I know that PP was in a huge bind financially at that point and didn't have much leverage.

Makes you wonder how much Raviga paid for Russ' share. Seems like everyone is making money off of PP except for the shareholders/owners.
Ph8te likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 284 Unread 06-15-2015, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2206 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Which goes to show why he shouldn't be CEO. He could have made that deal specific to Russ without the right to assign or sell 3 board positions although I know that PP was in a huge bind financially at that point and didn't have much leverage.

Makes you wonder how much Raviga paid for Russ' share. Seems like everyone is making money off of PP except for the shareholders/owners.

I agree, he shouldn't be CEO at all, his business sense is 0.0 ...I'm guessing it was a large sum since we know Hooli was going to offer 250mil for a buyout.

Sent from nowhere
post #273 of 284 Unread 06-15-2015, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
All that matters is Russ is back in the club
post #274 of 284 Unread 06-15-2015, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Seems like everyone is making money off of PP except for the shareholders/owners.
Which is pretty much exactly how the real Silicon Valley works.
Keenan and allargon like this.
post #275 of 284 Unread 06-15-2015, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 160
I hope Russ is still part of this show, they should given him even more screen time. The way car doors open for billionaires, GOLD.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #276 of 284 Unread 06-16-2015, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Didn't think it was a great season finale. Getting a little tired of the brink of disaster only to come back but then only to have everything screwed over again and again. Would like to see it advance more where they become successful, create a company and attempt to run the company. Its going to be season 3 and they are still trying to get the thing working/launched.

post #277 of 284 Unread 06-16-2015, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Would like to see it advance more where they become successful, create a company and attempt to run the company. Its going to be season 3 and they are still trying to get the thing working/launched.

Well then it becomes a documentary and not a comedy.

David Forbes

Read excerpts, see cover art and more from my novels at www.davidforbes.net.

My theater
post #278 of 284 Unread 06-16-2015, 08:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
To me, part of the allure of the show is this group of people, living in a suburban home, improvising, getting on each others nerves, doing the best they can with limited to non-existent money, yet sticking together thru the thick and thin ..

If and when Pied Piper ever goes big time, and ends up on the opening animated roll, it's going to be a whole different show .. I get a feeling Judge likes it just like it is ..
Ph8te likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #279 of 284 Unread 06-16-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
To me, part of the allure of the show is this group of people, living in a suburban home, improvising, getting on each others nerves, doing the best they can with limited to non-existent money, yet sticking together thru the thick and thin ..

If and when Pied Piper ever goes big time, and ends up on the opening animated roll, it's going to be a whole different show .. I get a feeling Judge likes it just like it is ..
Yeah, personally I'm not really watching it for the "story" as much as the dialogue and character interactions.

BTW I thought the running gag about the downed nature conservancy guy was brilliant. The "Philippine meme" lol. They played it straight up and not once did anyone show an ounce of sympathy. Of course that wouldn't be funny in real life, but it killed as a persistent joke.
post #280 of 284 Unread 06-16-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Yeah, personally I'm not really watching it for the "story" as much as the dialogue and character interactions.

BTW I thought the running gag about the downed nature conservancy guy was brilliant. The "Philippine meme" lol. They played it straight up and not once did anyone show an ounce of sympathy. Of course that wouldn't be funny in real life, but it killed as a persistent joke.

I did not think anything could come close to the penis bit from last season, but the nature guy came close .. and it's such an over the top look at real life, IMO .. that combined with the edge of your seat, down to the last second buildup is just done so well .. it's like rooting for a Sports team that's clawing their way to a win ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #281 of 284 Unread 06-16-2015, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
Well then it becomes a documentary and not a comedy.
Disagree, I think there would be comedy gold to have these 4 guys actually trying to run a startup company with actual employees, a real building, growing pains, etc. So much more to tap into. But instead we will be stuck with another season of will they or wont they fund us, what catastrophe is going to prevent them from launching, etc. Same thing the last two years. Time to move on.

post #282 of 284 Unread 06-20-2015, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I was a little disappointed in the finale. The funniest bit to me was when Richard was jogging to get to the house, and the woman with the stroller easily passed him.

Monica's character was more involved in the first season; in the second, she seemed to be an afterthought.

Russ' one scene in the finale seemed a little unnecessary and shoehorned-in, but I guess they were setting him up for a role in Raviga next season.

Was the nature guy played by Zach Galifianakis? It sure looked like him.
post #283 of 284 Unread 06-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 243
That wasn't zach.
post #284 of 284 Unread Today, 06:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)