The Last Ship on TNT - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 289Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,340
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
Doubt McDonald's will ever go back. When they got strong-armed into switching to Rapeseed Oil (Canola Oil), they started calling their fries vegetarian. Then on the sly, they added some beef flavoring to try and keep their taste of old intact. They got sued and removed the beef flavoring.
The bitter irony in McD's decision to stop cooking their fries in lard is that the potatoes themselves - a white, starchy, carb-heavy food with little nutritional value (most of that is in the skin that usually gets thrown away) - is almost certainly worse for you than the lard they cooked them in.
archiguy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Let's discuss Taco Bell. I'm craving a Quesarito.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Let's discuss Taco Bell. I'm craving a Quesarito.
Talk about mystery meat ..
73shark likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yup, stay away from white foods like bread, potatoes, white rice, etc. Brown rice is just as bad but white rice is some of the worst food you can eat, it's basically pure carbohydrate in a little white pellet and it turns into glucose almost instantly when being digested. Sugar and carbs are the same thing to your body, lower your intake of those and you're virtually guaranteed to lose weight and be and feel much healthier.
Yet the Chinese, who consume the most rice in the World have a life expectancy on par with us ..

I've spent plenty of time with various nutritionalists .. not in an effort to lose weight, but to get a handle on a more healthy eating habit .. the one thing I always came away with was, moderation .. eat what you like, just don't be a hog ..

It's tough since I love me a good Casino Buffet ..

ClearToLand and Keenan like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I guess the derailment drift over fast food was not enough, now we're into spelling monitors ..
Yep, no good deed goes unpunished. Every time I start to think that spelling flames may be a thing of the past somebody disappoints me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Getting old... it ain't for sissies.
Oh, you whippersnappers don't know the half of it! But enough about you, let's talk about me.

PS: I think I enjoy this thread more than I do the show.
gwsat is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cajieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space Coast, Florida
Posts: 4,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Speaking OT of fast food garbage- how about some wood pulp in your burger and shake:
http://qz.com/223742/there-is-a-secr...ers-wood-pulp/
Yikes! throw in some GMO & a touch of mad cow, and you've for yourself an excellent Mickey D meal.

Want to stream something interesting on Netflix, check out "Food, Inc."

BTW, I really do hope the Last Ship doesn't turn into The Last Sh*t. The story has promise, but needs better writers.JMHO
cajieboy is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
DRaven72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, Mi
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I am thoroughly enjoying this show the most out of the new ones this summer. Extant did nothing for me but wish it was over after first episode. Falling Skies I gave up on after 2 episodes. Under the Dome seemed to have gone way too wacky for me like they did the last two seasons of Lost. I could see this one dying pretty quick. The Strain has me hooked for some odd reason.


I like the Last Ship going to different locations. It really breaks up the boring of being on the ship all the time. Characters are growing on me. All though the Captain seems a little "stiff". Always liked Stephen Baldwin, especially in his Chuck days. The doctor doesn't feel right, maybe she will grow on me. She's like a cross between a younger Sandra Bullock and Kate Beckinsale but feels a little on the annoying side. Hope they keep this one going strong for one season. Make a good ending and leave it at that. I hope they don't try to drag it to season 2.

Cool Beans.
DRaven72 is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
This food talk actually is making me want to riff on a Military topic perhaps more in tune .. when I was doing my tour in Vietnam in the early 1970's, we were getting C-Rations from the 1940's, which even came with a small pack of cigarettes .. never gave a second thought to the safety of eating them and I am still here to tell the tale ..

I do recall the stories that would get thrown around about you Navy guys and how well your ship's mess fed you ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Talk about mystery meat ..
That's just crazy talk.

Spoiler!

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
I drove down to Memphis a few weeks back .. in Bytheville, Arkansas at around 9:00 PM after a fuel stop, I was hungry and the only place I could see was Taco Bell .. so I motored in and decided to get out and eat in .. normally, I'd just get a couple tacos and a bean burrito, but, there must have been some sort of contest on how many Quesarito's they could sell, because they were pushing them .. so, I gave it a shot


Let's just say I was glad when I made it to the hotel ..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
That's just crazy talk.


Spoiler!
phildaant likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I drove down to Memphis a few weeks back .. in Bytheville, Arkansas at around 9:00 PM after a fuel stop, I was hungry and the only place I could see was Taco Bell .. so I motored in and decided to get out and eat in .. normally, I'd just get a couple tacos and a bean burrito, but, there must have been some sort of contest on how many Quesarito's they could sell, because they were pushing them .. so, I gave it a shot


Let's just say I was glad when I made it to the hotel ..
This is true. The Bell cleans you out better than a few bowls of...


Spoiler!
mgkdragn likes this.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cajieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Space Coast, Florida
Posts: 4,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
This is true. The Bell cleans you out better than a few bowls of...


Spoiler!
Everytime I see a Taco Bell, it reminds me of the movie "Soylent Green".
cajieboy is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
when I was doing my tour in Vietnam in the early 1970's, we were getting C-Rations from the 1940's, which even came with a small pack of cigarettes .. never gave a second thought to the safety of eating them and I am still here to tell the tale ..
I'm pretty sure you aren't suppose to eat the cigarettes, no matter how old they are!
Stereodude and Ph8te like this.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.

Last edited by Mark12547; 07-22-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Mark12547 is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
when I was doing my tour in Vietnam in the early 1970's, we were getting C-Rations from the 1940's, which even came with a small pack of cigarettes .. never gave a second thought to the safety of eating them and I am still here to tell the tale ..
.
I don't think anyone has given a first thought to that.

Had many c-rations as a kid. That was the staple for scouting trips, etc. for an Army brat in the 70's. Still wicked fast with a P-38 and still have memories of the round chocolate and crackers as some of the best I've ever had - but pretty sure that's because of the meal that preceded it.
CPanther95 is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McFarland View Post
Could they not have used the infected people on the Island to test out the cure/vaccine instead of Monkeys?
They were going to die anyway, I sure would have volunteered....

I would have at least asked how long they've had symptoms. Maybe one has recovered?
phildaant likes this.
jabbathespud is offline  
Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ewing Twp, NJ
Posts: 1,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post
I am thoroughly enjoying this show the most out of the new ones this summer. Extant did nothing for me but wish it was over after first episode. Falling Skies I gave up on after 2 episodes. Under the Dome seemed to have gone way too wacky for me like they did the last two seasons of Lost. I could see this one dying pretty quick. The Strain has me hooked for some odd reason.


I like the Last Ship going to different locations. It really breaks up the boring of being on the ship all the time. Characters are growing on me. All though the Captain seems a little "stiff". Always liked Stephen Baldwin, especially in his Chuck days. The doctor doesn't feel right, maybe she will grow on me. She's like a cross between a younger Sandra Bullock and Kate Beckinsale but feels a little on the annoying side. Hope they keep this one going strong for one season. Make a good ending and leave it at that. I hope they don't try to drag it to season 2.
I agree with you on all the shows you listed. I couldn't make it through the first episode of Falling Skies, which was really disappointing. I fell asleep during Extant.

I still like Under the Dome and The Strain, although both are not that well written or executed.

Agreed on all the Last Ship comments. By the way, Adam Baldwin, not Steven Baldwin, and he is not part of the Baldwin family. And Marissa Neitling ( LT. Kara Foster) is a dead ringer for a younger Poppy Montgomery!
phildaant likes this.
mikeewing is offline  
Old 07-23-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,340
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Well, after watching the second ep, I think we can describe this show as 'Last Resort Lite'. Strip away all the plot nuance, script complexities, and reduce all the characters to cardboard cutouts (except the USS Nathan James itself) and you've got yourself a summer show scripted for success!

I mean, they couldn't make the despotic marooned boat owner any more evil if they had given him a handlebar mustache to twist and some railroad tracks upon which to tie his comely young conquest. It wasn't enough to make him ruthless, they had to make him a pedophile rapist to boot. Our heroes are all squeaky clean, steadfast, loyal, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Even Adam Baldwin, who was born to play conflicted characters, is just too good to be true. Got to keep his trademark sneer though.

One thing I liked about LR is that the crew had their share of secrets and ulterior motives, including the Captain. Even the Chief was a mutineer with conflicting loyalties that made sense under the circumstances. Makes the characters much easier to like if they aren't all so darn perfect.

It looks like TNT learned from ABC's failure, stripped away all the subtlety that made 'Last Resort' so interesting, and crafted a much simpler show, sure to please everybody. And when they paged Michael Bay, they got their man!

That said, I'm in for the duration. It's fine for summer, when the livin' is easy. To get back on the food topic, not every meal needs to be full of healthy ingredients, thoughtfully prepared. Sometimes a Big Mac is just what the doctor ordered.

Besides, if we want subtlety, we've always got 'Falling Skies'. No, wait....
archiguy is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Even Adam Baldwin, who was born to play conflicted characters, is just too good to be true. Got to keep his trademark sneer though.
I think he's very underrated in Hollywood. We've seen him excel as the smart/talented CIA agent on Chuck, now the capable XO on TLS, and as the almost illiterate Jayne Cobb ("If I wanted schoolin- I would have gone", "that hat makes you look like an idiot!" ) on Firefly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
To get back on the food topic, not every meal needs to be full of healthy ingredients, thoughtfully prepared. Sometimes a Big Mac is just what the doctor ordered....
Yeah, when your cardiologist's having a slow week....
phildaant likes this.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
Exactly.

"The Rock" was the Big Mac. Good popcorn flick, and one of the few films with a tolerable Nicolas Cage (Cage would be the reconstituted onions - outside of the Big Mac, they have no merit).

"Transformers" was the Big Mac used in commercials. Looks great, but fabricated from fake food stuffs created by food artists.

"Pearl Harbor" was the best Big Mac ever made that was then dropped on the floor in a puddle of strawberry milkshake.
CPanther95, taxman48 and phildaant like this.
Keenan is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,340
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
I think he's very underrated in Hollywood. We've seen him excel as the smart/talented CIA agent on Chuck, now the capable XO on TLS, and as the almost illiterate Jayne Cobb ("If I wanted schoolin- I would have gone", "that hat makes you look like an idiot!" ) on Firefly.
"I'll be in my bunk."
archiguy is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Well, after watching the second ep, I think we can describe this show as 'Last Resort Lite'. Strip away all the plot nuance, script complexities, and reduce all the characters to cardboard cutouts (except the USS Nathan James itself) and you've got yourself a summer show scripted for success!

I mean, they couldn't make the despotic marooned boat owner any more evil if they had given him a handlebar mustache to twist and some railroad tracks upon which to tie his comely young conquest. It wasn't enough to make him ruthless, they had to make him a pedophile rapist to boot. Our heroes are all squeaky clean, steadfast, loyal, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Even Adam Baldwin, who was born to play conflicted characters, is just too good to be true. Got to keep his trademark sneer though.

One thing I liked about LR is that the crew had their share of secrets and ulterior motives, including the Captain. Even the Chief was a mutineer with conflicting loyalties that made sense under the circumstances. Makes the characters much easier to like if they aren't all so darn perfect.

It looks like TNT learned from ABC's failure, stripped away all the subtlety that made 'Last Resort' so interesting, and crafted a much simpler show, sure to please everybody. And when they paged Michael Bay, they got their man!

That said, I'm in for the duration. It's fine for summer, when the livin' is easy. To get back on the food topic, not every meal needs to be full of healthy ingredients, thoughtfully prepared. Sometimes a Big Mac is just what the doctor ordered.

Besides, if we want subtlety, we've always got 'Falling Skies'. No, wait....
Yeah, Chuck was fun too. I am glad he is in The Last Ship. He fits perfectly. Also, Yvonne from Chuck was in 24: LAD. She was fun too. Both were good roles for them! I stopped watching Under the Dome last week and got too BUSY for this week's, so I said frak it. I couldn't get into Falling Skies.
phildaant is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
"I'll be in my bunk."
The Hero of Canton no doubt!

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,340
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
The Hero of Canton no doubt!
Good man. Always nice to find another Browncoat!
archiguy is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Good man. Always nice to find another Browncoat!
Add me to the list. Don't forget Serenity movie! Dang Fox for screwing up the episodes' order.
gwsat, gprace and mgkdragn like this.
phildaant is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Good man. Always nice to find another Browncoat!

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Nice. We need a cool image for The Last Ship fans.
phildaant is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 186
... Just plain folks now....
phildaant likes this.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vfxproducer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yet the Chinese, who consume the most rice in the World have a life expectancy on par with us ..
Yeah, any time hear/read the White Rice Police blather on about how fattening rice is, I think "have you lived/traveled in Asia at all, ever?"
vfxproducer is offline  
Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post
Yeah, any time hear/read the White Rice Police blather on about how fattening rice is, I think "have you lived/traveled in Asia at all, ever?"
Yes, they eat a lot of it but not as much of the processed stuff we eat here, they also eat a lot of fish and poultry, food items that are not as high a percentage of the US diet as it is in Asia. There are many different types of rice, but the most commonly used processed white rice here in the US is a virtual carb bomb, there's no getting around that.
Keenan is online now  
Old 07-23-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vfxproducer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yes, they eat a lot of it
By 'they' I assume you also mean my Chinese American family which uses rice as a main staple and otherwise eat perfectly healthy. Whatever. Eat rice or not, whatever floats your boat...'boat' being the operative word here, since this is supposed to be a thread about The Last Ship, and not preachy diet advice.
Keenan and John dhein like this.
vfxproducer is offline  
 

Tags
the last ship , tnt
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off