The Last Ship on TNT - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 289Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post
Did they mention why when they were 100 miles away from that island they did not use the helicopter to run water shuttles between the ship and the island?


I missed a reason or the writers did or more likely an editor took the reference right out.

And do what, fill up a couple water bottles? They can't carry that much water on a helicopter or its weight. In addition, they had no idea if they were close to the island because all systems were down. They couldn't keep sending it out and hoping, no enough fuel.

WilliamR is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hard to believe there were no handheld GPS (unless the GPS system was down). No sextant on board?

One other thing I noticed, the items on the lab tables don't seem to be secured to the tables. Doesn't seem likely they'd stay put on rough seas.
jabbathespud is offline  
post #183 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
reds75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does anyone see the captain and the scientist getting together? She seems to find him when he is alone.
reds75 is offline  
post #184 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds75 View Post
Does anyone see the captain and the scientist getting together?
Hopefully not, remember... no fraternizing!

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is offline  
post #185 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I agree, it just amazes me to see how they continue to get all of the Navy stuff correct. But at the risk of being called sexist, I have say having women on board a ship wouldn't work for me. Like to see them cross the equator and see how that works out for the female polliwogs.
IIRC, I read that the turtle-back stuff has been banned and is no longer done.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #186 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post
Hard to believe there were no handheld GPS (unless the GPS system was down). No sextant on board?
Any of the crew member's latest model phones have GPS and would be able to have the location in a matter of moments.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #187 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Hopefully not, remember... no fraternizing!
She is a civilian. Besides, the captain is still trying to find out if the family is still alive.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #188 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
westa6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Michigan now Retired to Naples, FL
Posts: 6,963
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 191
This show started out with promise but over the weeks it's simply become typical made for TV budget stories pulled from HWood file cabinets of Made for TV Crapola - with the atypical stereotype Captain with an ego bigger than the ship.

Thus, we're left to believe one hot babe scientist is left to save the planet while somehow CDC, WHO and other global medical centers have disappeared and this Broad is our Savior? What utter NONSENSE! This is more foolish than GM vehicles turning into Gigantic Robot Saviors when fact is we all know GM is a serial killer that deserves a season on Criminal Minds.

Please do pair these morons up with the Leftovers foolishness and drop an A-Bomb on them please! Michael Bay ought to be ashamed he put his name on this crap - generic made for TV where the Russians are always the enemy for the past 60 years - no wonder we remain in a cold war where HWood depicts us and them. Please do not run a pandemic into multiple season reruns unless you turn it over to the creative genius at AMC which brings us Walking Dead, Breaking Bad. Eric Dane is B.S.!

As a Veteran trained in guerrilla warfare, survival skills and a Chemical/Biological/Radiological (CBR) Technician years ago I look at some of the things they do and they are HWood nonsense and often opposite of what needs to be done. Just silly and often the military must retrain recruits to not use many of the tactics the movies/tv demo as often they'll get you killed a lot sooner. It's hard to watch tactics that are B.S.. Show had great potential but so far is NONSENSE and in a tie for Leftovers for WORST TV!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's

Last edited by westa6969; 07-16-2014 at 08:40 AM.
westa6969 is offline  
post #189 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,048
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post
Did they mention why when they were 100 miles away from that island they did not use the helicopter to run water shuttles between the ship and the island?
I wondered the same thing. Seems like they could have made water runs with the helicopter. They have a payload ability of 4000+ lbs. That's ~500 gallons of water.

Also, why weren't people resting in the cooled "lab" area that had power? Why weren't they making a more serious effort to make water like boiling seawater and condensing the steam using the stoves in the galley.

I guess it's up there with last weeks episode where they were using dead reckoning to navigate instead of GPS or inertial guidance.
Stereodude is offline  
post #190 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ClearToLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 1,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Question Real or Hollywood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
...Having a real ship for a lot of the exteriors helps a lot.

BTW, I believe the ship's main control room is a set, but they do an excellent job matching it to everything else in the show...
Are the controls and displays, and the information on the displays like the engine temperature for example, accurate?

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
ClearToLand is offline  
post #191 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ClearToLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 1,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
...they had no idea if they were close to the island because all systems were down...
  • What's the maximum altitude for their helicopter? (5,000'? 10,000'?)
    .
  • How much further will line-of-sight to the horizon increase at 5,000' above sea level' 10,000' above sea level?

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
ClearToLand is offline  
post #192 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post
  • What's the maximum altitude for their helicopter? (5,000'? 10,000'?)
    .
  • How much further will line-of-sight to the horizon increase at 5,000' above sea level' 10,000' above sea level?
I took a Robinson R22 up to 10K+ ft back in the late 80's, turbine powered helicopters can go up to 20k ft.

At 10k ft, visibility is only limited by atmospheric pollution/humidity.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is offline  
post #193 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post
  • What's the maximum altitude for their helicopter? (5,000'? 10,000'?)
    .
  • How much further will line-of-sight to the horizon increase at 5,000' above sea level' 10,000' above sea level?
I found these numbers stated on another board:

Alt (ft)Dist (nm)
00,0246 (from WikiPedia)
01,00034
05,00075
10,000106
15,000130
20,000150
25,000168
30,000184
35,000198
40,000212
I also came across this WikiPedia article on Horizon, including this chart of elevation (feet) vs. distance (miles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
At 10k ft, visibility is only limited by atmospheric pollution/humidity.
And, under clear conditions, an island 100 miles away would be in line-of-sight.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.

Last edited by Mark12547; 07-16-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Mark12547 is offline  
post #194 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Marc Wielage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Hollywood, USA
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post
Are the controls and displays, and the information on the displays like the engine temperature for example, accurate?
Not a clue. I think when they get to the point where they've achieved enough verisimilitude that viewers don't even think twice about it, it doesn't matter. We've at least come a long way from the "Fox Dept. Blinking Lights" of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
Marc Wielage is offline  
post #195 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Also, why weren't people resting in the cooled "lab" area that had power?
Because the size of the lab doesn't allow for that to happen. Plus, any added bodies would raise the temp of the room and require more energy to removed the extra heat.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #196 of 604 Old 07-16-2014, 09:33 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post
Thus, we're left to believe one hot babe scientist is left to save the planet while somehow CDC, WHO and other global medical centers have disappeared and this Broad is our Savior? What utter NONSENSE!
Not really. All of the sites you mention are in high population areas. You can pretty much count on the staff at those places to have been overcome with the virus. But, we do not know for sure that there aren't other locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post
As a Veteran trained in guerrilla warfare, survival skills and a Chemical/Biological/Radiological (CBR) Technician years ago I look at some of the things they do and they are HWood nonsense and often opposite of what needs to be done. Just silly and often the military must retrain recruits to not use many of the tactics the movies/tv demo as often they'll get you killed a lot sooner. It's hard to watch tactics that are B.S.. Show had great potential but so far is NONSENSE and in a tie for Leftovers for WORST TV!
To do this stuff with 100% accuracy in any TV show, or movie, would result in viewers leaving by droves. In order to hold viewer interest, corners must be cut.
gwsat likes this.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #197 of 604 Old 07-17-2014, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I wondered the same thing. Seems like they could have made water runs with the helicopter. They have a payload ability of 4000+ lbs. That's ~500 gallons of water.

Also, why weren't people resting in the cooled "lab" area that had power? Why weren't they making a more serious effort to make water like boiling seawater and condensing the steam using the stoves in the galley.

I guess it's up there with last weeks episode where they were using dead reckoning to navigate instead of GPS or inertial guidance.

Put the water in the helicopter in what? I doubt they have something that could fit in the small passenger area of the helicopter that can hold water and be sturdy enough to not get punctured by all the equipment and pieces inside the helicopter. They wouldn't have anything to put the water in. It is not a cargo helicopter to carry large things, its a recon/fighter helicopter.


They are trying to make fresh water from condensation, etc. they can only work with what they have though to collect and do this. Its not like they brought a lot of things along.


The usable area of the lab without a suit on is limited. There are a lot of people on the ship, rotating out a handful at a time really wouldn't accomplish much. It would raise the temperature in the room, interfere with the doctors working, increased chance for an accident with a deadly virus in a crowded room, etc. etc.

WilliamR is online now  
post #198 of 604 Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,048
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Put the water in the helicopter in what? I doubt they have something that could fit in the small passenger area of the helicopter that can hold water and be sturdy enough to not get punctured by all the equipment and pieces inside the helicopter. They wouldn't have anything to put the water in. It is not a cargo helicopter to carry large things, its a recon/fighter helicopter.
I don't really buy that. I'm sure they could have used some 55 gallon drums with garbage bag liners. But if not, take the other approach. Fly people to the island so they don't need to drink the limited water on the boat. Leave only a skeleton crew behind. No matter how you slice it, not using the helicopter was just a huge plot hole to avoid having to do special effects or use a real helicopter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
They are trying to make fresh water from condensation, etc. they can only work with what they have though to collect and do this. Its not like they brought a lot of things along.
They had solar still's on the deck trying to make more water. Just think how much more effective the portion of it designed to collect condensation would have been over a boiling pot of seawater in the galley instead of out in the sun.
Stereodude is offline  
post #199 of 604 Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
IIRC, I read that the turtle-back stuff has been banned and is no longer done.
Was called Shellback when I crossed back in the late Sixties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Any of the crew member's latest model phones have GPS and would be able to have the location in a matter of moments.
Can you get cell service in the middle on the ocean? Heck, I can't even get a good signal at home and I've got three towers within a mile.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #200 of 604 Old 07-17-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Was called Shellback when I crossed back in the late Sixties.



Can you get cell service in the middle on the ocean? Heck, I can't even get a good signal at home and I've got three towers within a mile.
GPS will work on a cell phone without cell service, at least an iPhone will, not sure about other makes. There's a separate GPS radio in addition to the cellular radio.
73shark likes this.
Keenan is offline  
post #201 of 604 Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Was called Shellback when I crossed back in the late Sixties.
Oops, that's it. I've never been across the equator or the international dateline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Can you get cell service in the middle on the ocean? Heck, I can't even get a good signal at home and I've got three towers within a mile.
Cell service is not a requirement for GPS funtionality. A great app for android phones is GPS status.

You're thinking that you need cell service for calling up map data. All you need are the GPS coordinates. The ship has plenty of paper maps and more than likely electronic versions stored in the computers where all you need to do is enter the coordinates.

But, you can get map data that is stored in the phone. I have that and when I fly I can see where I am. Check out OsmAnd for Android.

You don't need no stinkin' cell service.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
post #202 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I don't really buy that. I'm sure they could have used some 55 gallon drums with garbage bag liners. But if not, take the other approach. Fly people to the island so they don't need to drink the limited water on the boat. Leave only a skeleton crew behind. No matter how you slice it, not using the helicopter was just a huge plot hole to avoid having to do special effects or use a real helicopter.


They had solar still's on the deck trying to make more water. Just think how much more effective the portion of it designed to collect condensation would have been over a boiling pot of seawater in the galley instead of out in the sun.
A drum like that would be pretty heavy and awkward to lift into the helicopter (assuming they have the tools to re-secure the lid of a drum so it doesn't spill in the ride because helicopters do not fly perfectly straight and are usually at an angle) and since they don't have that much room in there, they couldn't bring that many people to help since they need the space for the drums. Plus, again, it is not a cargo carrying helicopter, there is almost no space to put multiple drums of water in there.


They don't have unlimited fuel to fly back and forth for people to have a drink of water. To do that for the whole crew they wouldn't be able to make but a few trips, who gets to go and who doesn't? Not enough fuel to fly everyone and leave them, again, who gets to stay behind to die?

WilliamR is online now  
post #203 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
JoeTiVo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Adam Baldwin just tweeted: "Less than a month after its series premiere, @TheLastShipTNT has been picked up for a 13-episode second season…"

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

JoeTiVo is offline  
post #204 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mds54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
..... We've at least come a long way from the "Fox Dept. Blinking Lights" of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
That brings back memories! One of the first TV shows I watched on our new color TV!
mds54 is offline  
post #205 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Marc Wielage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Hollywood, USA
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post
Michael Bay ought to be ashamed he put his name on this crap - generic made for TV where the Russians are always the enemy for the past 60 years - no wonder we remain in a cold war where HWood depicts us and them.
Yeah, like the Russians would be villains to the point where, I dunno, they'd shoot down a passenger jet as a political statement. Oh, wait...

I think it's a frivolous show, not deep, but it's got some good moments here and there. I don't expect a lot from an action/adventure cable show, and this one isn't horrible. The best thing I can say about it is the production values are amazingly good for the kind of budget they're dealing with, and the real-world ship locations help quite a bit. No question, the characters are thin and the plots have issues, but it's much better than I was expecting, and the ratings are very good so far.
gwsat likes this.
Marc Wielage is offline  
post #206 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Newbie
 
oufanindallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
There seem to be several of us old navy guys posting to this thread.
Late to the party, ET1(SS) Retired. Was in from 87-07, did 3 637 class subs and 1 trident.
oufanindallas is offline  
post #207 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Newbie
 
oufanindallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
My ACDU years were before yours but after being released from active duty I continued to serve in the Naval Reserve for 30 years. The The SWO pin was introduced in 1975.
As a proud dolphin wearing sailor, we call those "Me Too" pins because skimmers wanted a warfare badge like bubble heads and air dales.
John dhein likes this.
oufanindallas is offline  
post #208 of 604 Old 07-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Newbie
 
oufanindallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post
Just remember how many outfits the people on Gilligan's island had for a 3 hour tour. I guess a destroyer could carry more bikinis. Especially if they are going to the Arctic.
It was originally going to be a Med run and bikinis would have been appropriate. It was changed at the last minute as the CO found out from his phone call the day they were getting ready to get underway.
oufanindallas is offline  
post #209 of 604 Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by oufanindallas View Post
Late to the party, ET1(SS) Retired. Was in from 87-07, did 3 637 class subs and 1 trident.
Damn. 3 Sturgeons? Wow. EM1(SS) here. 3 years on the LA, then forced to the CGN41 by ulcers for the balance of my enlistment. God I hated that target.
John dhein is offline  
post #210 of 604 Old 07-19-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTiVo View Post
Adam Baldwin just tweeted: "Less than a month after its series premiere, @TheLastShipTNT has been picked up for a 13-episode second season…"
Good news if true!

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the last ship , tnt

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off