AVS Forum banner

The Last Ship on TNT

95K views 2K replies 165 participants last post by  replayrob 
#1 ·
Reactions: Axememan
#2,017 ·
They can soon change the name of the show from "The Last Ship" to "The Last Season" :D

#2,023 ·
I completely forgot about this show and noticed I had 2 episodes on DVR not watched. I think my decision on continuing to care or watch The Last Ship has been made for me =P

Reactions: phildaant
#2,029 ·
Isn't Michael Bay an Executive Producer for the Last Ship?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#2,032 ·
Vellek was crazy on the first day the audience met him. We just didn't realize it at the time.

#2,033 ·
That was a pretty good two hours of television. I really enjoyed this season. The writing and the cast were very good. The sneak peek for season 5 did look intriguing. It looked like Chandler was the skipper of the Nathan James again. I would imagine that will be explained in the first episode, along with the new mini-armada of Burke class destroyers.

#2,035 ·
And a ton of killing. I was surprised at how many people got killed in the final two episodes.

Reactions: phildaant
#2,038 · (Edited)
I noticed that Chandler went from a four stripe Captain to a 4 star Admiral for next season. Since Admirals don't command ships in normal circumstances, I suspect he's going to be the squadron commander for this new group of ships.

Also noticed that the towed explosive hit the bow of the ship when it went off but the long shot showed the ship blowing up amidship.

#2,044 · (Edited)
Also noticed that the towed explosive hit the bow of the ship when it went off but the long shot showed the ship blowing up amidship.
That was only one of the many technical mistakes in the episode. The appearance & shape of the hull was all wrong too. The M242 Bushmaster cannon which they were shooting the gunners on the final Greek ship with shoots 25mm rounds which would pretty much disintegrate someone if they were shot with one.

If you're going to nitpick technical details the show's a goldmine, but it's cheesy TV. You've got to overlook it and enjoy the popcorn.

#2,066 ·
I'm sure we're on the verge of getting beaten up by a moderator over this, I try to totally avoid the politics of actors and actresses (uh oh, I went there....) because I don't wan their personal politics and beliefs to ruion my image of them in their roles. But to suggest a story line, a violent one at that, because of someone's personal political beliefs? NOT COOL. :mad: Doesn't matter what side of the coin you're on. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting, which is entirely possible, but I can't let that go.

Anyway, love the show, looking forward to the next season! :)

#2,067 ·
Equating what a Person says or does in Real Life vs a Character they play on TV seems silly ..

Bring back "Firefly" .. :D

#2,075 ·
The Last Ship to End After Season 5
By Ryan Schwartz, TVLine.com - May 16, 2018

The Last Ship is being permanently docked. The TNT drama will conclude at the end of its upcoming fifth season, our sister site Deadline reports.

Rumors of The Last Ship‘s demise first began circulating back in Sept. 2017, when cast member Travis Van Winkle, who plays Danny Green, announced “a series wrap” in an Instagram post that was later deleted. In response, TNT released a statement, which read, “We shot two seasons simultaneously; the fourth is currently on the air and the fifth will return next summer. We greenlit the fifth with the idea that it could be the final season, however it’s far too early to make that determination.” But now it’s official.

A premiere date for Season 5 has not yet been announced.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/16/the-las...n-6-tnt-drama/

#2,076 ·
I wonder how knowing it is coming to an end will affect the show. Will actors bail left and right? Will people take a "who cares?" approach?

I've enjoyed the show and will be sorry to see it go, but nothing lasts forever.

#2,078 ·
I'd agree it's been pretty good from the get go .. 5 seasons is a good run .. I'd like to see Netflix develop something along the same lines ..

Naval Drama is a sorely underrepresented genre ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.