post #181 of 516 Old 08-10-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Am I correct in thinking that we still don't know what causes someone to become a zombie vampire vs what causes someone to become a sentient one? Thus far all of the victims have become zombies by my count.
Do we know that there are any "sentient" vampires other than the Master? Maybe the virus doesn't create sentient creatures. Maybe it comes after a certain time period.

If you're referring to the Nazi man servant, we don't know what he is, do we? I don't believe he's a vampire. Maybe he's just a cable executive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 516 Old 08-10-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Do we know that there are any "sentient" vampires other than the Master? Maybe the virus doesn't create sentient creatures. Maybe it comes after a certain time period.

If you're referring to the Nazi man servant, we don't know what he is, do we? I don't believe he's a vampire. Maybe he's just a cable executive
Let's see.... He has been shown to us completely bald and has completely put on a disguise to bring himself as we usually see him. Every time we see him it is dark outside, or, when in the office he dims the outside light from the mirrors. I think he's a vampire...

Bobby 

post #183 of 516 Old 08-10-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
Let's see.... He has been shown to us completely bald and has completely put on a disguise to bring himself as we usually see him. Every time we see him it is dark outside, or, when in the office he dims the outside light from the mirrors. I think he's a vampire...
He's some kind of inhuman monster himself, as we got a glimpse of the "real him" while he was applying his makeup and prosthetics and occasionally his eyes go all "lizardy" for a moment. Not sure if he's a vampire though.
post #184 of 516 Old 08-10-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Both he and the zombies have eyelids that blink horizontally, so he seems to be some kind of vampire with advanced intelligence as compared to the others.
post #185 of 516 Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Loving this series. Watched episode 4 last night and will be watching 5 tonight

That 6 ft tounge was nasty
post #186 of 516 Old 08-11-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Last night's episode was pretty good. But it's the first one that felt more like a TV show than a movie. Pace was slower than the first 4.
post #187 of 516 Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I like the thread title change.

Crazy episode last night! Though, I fell asleep during the final 10 minutes
post #188 of 516 Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post
I like the thread title change.
Yes, that makes it easier to spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post
Crazy episode last night! Though, I fell asleep during the final 10 minutes
That's one of the reasons why I love using a DVR to record shows I watch; one never knows when phone calls, sleep, etc., will interfere with the watching of the show, and if I don't start watching until at least 25% of the show had been recorded, I can FF past the commercials.

If possible, try to watch those 10 minutes! FX tends to have multiple air times, but it looks like the next airing of Episode 5 is early August 18, just a few minutes into August 18. Comcast already has it (labeled episode 105) on Video On Demand, and it looks like you might be able to view it on the FX web site.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #189 of 516 Old 08-11-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
That's all circumstantial. They have not shown what he is definitely. Traditionally, a vampire's "assistant" is not another vampire. I agree that the eye thing is the same as the "infected" though.
post #190 of 516 Old 08-11-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Good episode last night. The health inspector going into the tunnels had a good sense of creepiness. Hope he joins up with Eph and Van Helsing for some good ol' fashioned vamp slaying. From the previews next weeks episode looks to be crazy.
Wytchone likes this.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #191 of 516 Old 08-11-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I am so loving this show!
ltownsend and TeeJay1952 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #192 of 516 Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
My only gripe is that they've now introduced irrelevant family drama for Nora to match the irrelevant family drama that Eph has. At least his family didn't show up this time, but we really have enough going on without those elements.
post #193 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Surprisingly good episode this week all things considered. The show works much better when they are just straight up vampire hunting and I really liked the nail gun idea. Rat catcher finally got pulled into the show finding all the corpses that managed to walk unnoticed from a major city facility and the flashbacks were okay too. More WW2 period vampire fighting would be welcome.

It's a pity then they made the leads members of the CDC because whenever they have to tie back to that element, the lack of plot logic and understanding of the writers about the CDC just drags things down. They should have made the occupation of the leads something simple that accidentally got involved with Abraham.

Whenever the survivors appear and are clearly infected with something stupidly weird it not only reminds me they were released without supervision in the first place, but also that not a single character on the show ever considers reporting the survivors' symptoms back to the CDC. The sooner Abe kills them off the better, then I can forgot all the plot holes they left unfilled. Especially the rock star. The actor was bad as a human and he's just as bad as a worm-filled corpse.

Remember, it's very important not to touch the blood or a worm. Especially if you plan to perform an autopsy at some point.

Gah, too late!

post #194 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 12:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
My only gripe is that they've now introduced irrelevant family drama for Nora to match the irrelevant family drama that Eph has. At least his family didn't show up this time, but we really have enough going on without those elements.
That did lead to a good moment that pleasantly surprised me though. Hopefully having one vamp seen in the open this early by a lot of people will escalate the scale and have hordes of vampires terrorizing the city.

post #195 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Good episode last night. The health inspector going into the tunnels had a good sense of creepiness. Hope he joins up with Eph and Van Helsing for some good ol' fashioned vamp slaying. From the previews next weeks episode looks to be crazy.
so where were the infected that were in the tunnel from ? the plane ? lots of them came out
post #196 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
so where were the infected that were in the tunnel from ? the plane ? lots of them came out
Yes, they were from the plane. Remember in episode 1 they all "woke up" and attacked the medical examiner then disappeared.

post #197 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Yes, they were from the plane. Remember in episode 1 they all "woke up" and attacked the medical examiner then disappeared.
Plus, the plane victims have been turning other people to spread the plague.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (
)
Curator,

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #198 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Plus, the plane victims have been turning other people to spread the plague.

But only the selected 4/5. The others were "zombified". It appears they are trying to portray a "class" system within the vampire population. There is the "Top", "management" (the nazi), workers (the 4/5 plane passengers) and then the "grunts" who are "mindless" zompires.
post #199 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
But only the selected 4/5. The others were "zombified". It appears they are trying to portray a "class" system within the vampire population. There is the "Top", "management" (the nazi), workers (the 4/5 plane passengers) and then the "grunts" who are "mindless" zompires.
I read the first book when it came out, which was quite a while ago. I believe that any of the classes are capable of creating more vampires, because the goal is to spread the plague as quickly as possible.

Perhaps I'm misremembering the details of the book, though.
Ph8te likes this.

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #200 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I read the first book when it came out, which was quite a while ago. I believe that any of the classes are capable of creating more vampires, because the goal is to spread the plague as quickly as possible.

Perhaps I'm misremembering the details of the book, though.

Only going by what had been shown so far. The zompires seem to only "eat" at this point without anyone changing. It could very well be that all "classes" can change victims, which wouldn't surprise me. The intelligence and power seem to be "different" as displayed so far at least.
post #201 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Only going by what had been shown so far. The zompires seem to only "eat" at this point without anyone changing. It could very well be that all "classes" can change victims, which wouldn't surprise me. The intelligence and power seem to be "different" as displayed so far at least.
Emma changed her father, she was one of the "dead" ones from the plane. And the dog-beating neighbor was also turning after being mauled by a "surviver". So, I guess worms is worms, and it spreads.
Ph8te likes this.
post #202 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabaeus View Post
Emma changed her father, she was one of the "dead" ones from the plane. And the dog-beating neighbor was also turning after being mauled by a "surviver". So, I guess worms is worms, and it spreads.

Forgot about the girl thanks. I wouldn't doubt the "survivors" can change people. That was the whole point of having them "survive" (to spread the infection).
post #203 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Eph specifically asked Abraham why some died right away, and some didn't. I think the answer given was, Why do some get the flu and others only a cold, or something like that.

I don't remember the neighbor turning though. I thought he was ripped apart?
post #204 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I don't remember the neighbor turning though. I thought he was ripped apart?
We was hunched in the corner of the shack, with red eyes, hissing at them, before Abraham took "care" of him.
post #205 of 516 Old 08-14-2014, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The neighbor was hiding in the corner. Infected and getting ready to turn.

post #206 of 516 Old 08-15-2014, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I found it odd that even though that seems to be the goal, spreading the infection, any time they've shown the master 'feeding' he makes sure the one he eats can't turn. At the airport he smashed the guy's head to a pulp and in the concentration camp flashbacks he violently twists their heads around with a crunching sound as if to ensure they won't come back. Maybe there is a sort of automatic class system and any that he turns himself might be at the highest cognitive level and he might be trying to avoid creating any competition for the position of 'master'.
post #207 of 516 Old 08-15-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rainville View Post
I found it odd that even though that seems to be the goal, spreading the infection, any time they've shown the master 'feeding' he makes sure the one he eats can't turn. At the airport he smashed the guy's head to a pulp and in the concentration camp flashbacks he violently twists their heads around with a crunching sound as if to ensure they won't come back. Maybe there is a sort of automatic class system and any that he turns himself might be at the highest cognitive level and he might be trying to avoid creating any competition for the position of 'master'.
In the concentration camp, I assume that he didn't want to draw attention to himself because he was not strong enough or ready to mount an offensive against humanity. He just needed to feed.

Also, are we sure that was the Master, and not Eichorst?

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #208 of 516 Old 08-15-2014, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In the concentration camp, I assume that he didn't want to draw attention to himself because he was not strong enough or ready to mount an offensive against humanity. He just needed to feed.

Also, are we sure that was the Master, and not Eichorst?
That's how I took his feeding in the camp too.

I was under the impression it was the Master and not Eichorst.

post #209 of 516 Old 08-18-2014, 01:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The show is getting better but it's still sloppy in execution.

How exactly did the rat catcher's associates become infected and turn in the few hours since he last saw them? Not only that but how did they get into the secure room? Did they get wormed the night before, go to work, enter the secure room and change in a matter of minutes?

The ME shows up again relatively unscathed after previously last seen being supposedly eaten or ripped apart. It appears when he was assaulted by a large group in the pilot it was just a massive group hug. He wasn't that hungry either. Instead of feeding as the others have been shown to do the ME was just content to bite and ignore.

The show skipped over taking a body out of the very same place that previously recorded Ephraim dragging the body through the corridor. They had the "murder" on camera and that was the reason the FBI arrested Eph. So nobody bothered to either find the body or get security improved while the investigation was underway to stop even more corpses being lost? And then they dump the body in broad daylight!

The show really needs to tighten up. Especially with the turnings. Plane survivors take days. Everyone else seems to take minutes.

post #210 of 516 Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I agree, the show does need to tighten up. Story line with the female doctor and her mother is ridiculous. Coming out of the retirement home there is a virus sucker just sucking on someone, there are alot of witnesses including herself, but nobody calls the authorities? Is this because the lines are down at this time? Not crazy about the mom with dementia tagging along.

Nobody listening to the main characters pleas about the virus, I mean, that's only his job and everyone is too stupid to take his words seriously? He doesn't yet tell his wife that there are vamps running around, he just says there is a virus, and she doesn't even listen?

Show is starting to come off the rails.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page