1Likes
  • 1 Post By barth2k

post #1 of 8 Old 06-10-2014, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/76896/no-life-left-in-live-well-network#.U5YumHynb5E.facebook

Not sure if this is the right are to post this, but ABC announced that they're discontinuing the Livewell Network in January, in order to put local content on their O&O stations' subchannels. For the Livewell affiliates, this leaves them to fill a subchannel with a new network. Will any of you miss Livewell Network? Overall, I won't, because there's not much on there that I watch. I watched Motion on occasion, & I used to watch Advice For Life, before it was cancelled. My mom will miss Steve & Chris, as I believe they were the only US network that carried the Canadian talk show (in Chicago, WCIU 26.2 U Too used to carry their show, before Livewell Network picked it up). Chris Koetke on Let's Dish is just annoying, & he's also seen on WGN-TV on occasion during the Midday news, toward the end of the newscast, doing a cooking segment. At least at WLS-TV, it means that if Windy City Live continues for another season, they won't be able to air it on the Livewell Network, though they might still air it on 7.2, when programmed at the local level in January.

If you live in an ABC O&O market, what do you think might be programmed on the .2 of your ABC station? For the affiliates of Livewell Network, what do you hope might come to your market that isn't on in your market now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-11-2014, 02:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Will any of you miss Livewell Network?

Never heard of it. But maybe that's the problem, not many have.

Afro GT
post #3 of 8 Old 06-12-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Death to bandwidth sucking sub channels!
mhufnagel likes this.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/7...ynb5E.facebook
... snip ...
ABC announced that they're discontinuing the Livewell Network in January, in order to put local content on their O&O stations' subchannels.
My first reaction is .......
ROFLMAO !! Most 'local' origination content in LA-LA land turns out to be another entertainment news channel clone by the usual pretty faces. Grrr.
The west coast NBC O&Os tried a local news subchannel but finally shut it down in favor of COZI-TV.
OTOH they could bring back 'Local Accuweather' - a superior alternative to the (mostly non) Weather Channel.

Disgusted TWC non-DVR subscriber. Dish & DirecTV - almost identical expensive tiers. AT&T U-verse - Sorry, Not Available except to Upscale demographic areas.
SetTopBox: SA 4250HDC Navigator: ODN version 7.3.0_29
post #5 of 8 Old 06-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The only show I watched very occasionally was Mirror Mirror, because Rebecca Spera is pretty hot.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-15-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I won't miss it in the least, although I do occasionally see my wife watching it. I'll be happy if my local ABC channel does NOT replace Livewell with anything, my local ABC HD is currently so bitstarved I hardly care to watch it. Livewell is only SD in my market so it's not like I would expect miracles on ABC HD but it couldn't hurt
I wouldn't say "death to subchannels" as I actually like many of them, I'd just prefer they were grouped together on separate channels as to not bitstarve HD channels. I could easily see 6-8 decent quality SD channels on a single 6MHZ channel, also I'm not so concerned if Adam-12 or Dragnet has a bit of macroblocking but not sharp primetime HD programs where macroblocking is much more noticeable.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-15-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
my local ABC HD is currently so bitstarved I hardly care to watch it. Livewell is only SD in my market so it's not like I would expect miracles on ABC HD but it couldn't hurt
That's interesting as it's the only subchannel on that physical channel. Some other markets have Livewell on an HD subchannel. 720P should do OK with ~15Mbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-15-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Actually the majority of my local ABC HD channels bandwidth goes towards MDTV Livewell SD probably only takes a small portion of the bandwidth but still takes some, Livewell in HD would have been a joke for all channels
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page