AVS Forum banner

Dominion - SyFy Channel

9K views 174 replies 31 participants last post by  replayrob 
#1 · (Edited)
Dominion on SyFy

Series premier of Dominion on the SyFy Channel was is tomorrow today, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 9pm/8c.

This is the link to the SyFy page on Dominion: http://www.syfy.com/dominion.

From the SyFy page:
Dominion is an epic supernatural drama set in the near future. Specifically, 25 years after "The Extinction War," when an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, waged war against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, chose to side with humanity. Rising out of the ashes of this long battle are newly fortified cities which protect human survivors. At the center of the series is the city of Vega, a glistening empire that has formed from the ruins of what was once Las Vegas.

So far the critics have been less than favorable about the pilot (e.g., The Hollywood Reporter). However, sometimes I find my tastes at variance with the critics so I'll record the pilot and watch it to form my own opinion. Besides, the HD DVR can erase recordings pretty quickly. :p

#116 ·
Just watched the latest episode S02E06- Reap the Whirlwind- last night.
Wow... Dominion has kicked it into high gear! Action...action... action... on all fronts.
Looks like we're heading to an epic siege on Vega (from without and within) for the last two episodes of the season.

Nice to see a series building towards something memorable vs. limping to the finish line (yes- I'm referring to you Falling Skies!).

#119 ·
I know. This season flew by. Same with Dark Matter and Killjoys. I hope the brass at Syfy has enough wherewithal to renew all three. They have a good thing going and better not screw the pooch. I have Moose and Rocko on retainer and they have Syfy's address in their GPS. You know, just in case.

#124 ·
A big problem has invaded this series with a vengeance; all of these flashbacks is slowing the main story to a standstill.:rolleyes:
Fx#k the ancient and silly "history" of angels and get to telling the tale, for Chrissakes!
We're running out of season...sheesh.:mad:

#132 ·
I almost dumped the show after this episode.
The gushy, mushy melodrama is just getting tough to handle.

While it has always had a lot of melodrama, this season it seems to be getting worse by the episode.
Don't know how much of this I can continue to take...

#141 ·
I'm done.

The whole Angel angle to the show was getting increasingly tedious and ludicrous.
Michael, Gabriel, and hosts are supposed to be the Bad-A$$es.
3/4 of the time (at least), they are unconscious or imprisoned or diminished in some way.:rolleyes:
It's frickin' ridiculous.

Oddly, what DOES work with the show is the whole Human thing.
The Vega Civil War and associated skullduggery is good fun.
Unfortunately, suffering thru the supernatural element of the show doesn't make it worth giving up an hour per week of my life.

#142 ·
The show, for me, has been a teeter-totter affair. Watched it for the first season, then bailed after a few S2 episodes, then resumed a few later. The show manages to stay in the lowest quality that I can tolerate. Except for the S1 partnership between Michael and Alex I'm with you concerning the other angle, archangel and 8-Ball intrigues being a drag on the show.

#143 ·
Will the real archangel Michael please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.
Two trailer park girls go round the outside...:D

I'm stilling digging this show. But agree the archangels need to put on their big boy pants and start kicking ass.

#149 ·
The writers must not know how to play poker. For either of them to win wasn't that the next card had to match one of the pairs, but all that was need was a card that matched any one of the other cards, to make it two-pair to a single-pair, or if both got two-pair, the better of them.

I hope I wasn't missing something.

#154 ·
Well, we got to see Shivani Ghai fully nude from the back. And more than once, too. She's awesome. So there was some redeeming quality to episode 11 (assuming it wasn't one of those nude stunt doubles). :D

#157 ·
Yeah. Research. That's a good thing to call it. I should remember that one. Have to watch it more than once to determine if it's her or not, right?

She's awesome, especially for 40 years old. Even not nude (lol). I can watch the show just for her. :D

Much better to me than that Julie actress on Defiance that someone was raving about recently on the forums. (hehe)

#159 ·
Any word on renewals?

#166 ·
Very weak technical writing has make some of it hard to watch and take seriously.

Glaring bad for me was using a little piece of tape to fix a leaking rad hose in the truck they were escaping in, not needing more fluids and speeding away.

The nuclear reactor rods behind the window as he went in and pushed them down by hand.
The whole scene was painfully bad for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.