• 3 Post By mgkdragn

post #1 of 3 Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Houdini HistoryHD September 1, 2014

Just a heads up on a 2 episode Mini on HistoryHD September 1, 2014 .. looks interesting and these History scripted shows tend to be pretty good ..

The two-night scripted miniseries HOUDINI follows the epic tales of Harry Houdini as he emerges as America’s first bonafide world-renowned superstar. From humble beginnings at circus sideshows to sold-out concert halls, Eastern European immigrant Erich Weiss rose to become a household name across the globe–Houdini. Academy Award® winner Adrien Brody (The Pianist) stars as The Great Harry Houdini as he finds fame, engages in espionage, battles spiritualists and encounters the greatest names of the era, from U.S. presidents to Arthur Conan Doyle and Rasputin. A thrilling ride throughout Harry’s psyche, HOUDINI delves deep behind the curtain into his life through his stunts, his visions and his mastery of illusion. Joining Brody is Kristen Connolly (House of Cards, The Cabin the Woods) as Bess Houdini, the love of Harry’s life and right hand when it came to some of his most amazing feats, and Evan Jones (A Million Ways to Die in the West, The Book of Eli, Gangster Squad) as Jim Collins, Harry’s assistant and confidant.

http://www.history.com/shows/houdini...ini-sneak-peek

acebreathe, rajmarie and baja7475 like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Also on The History Channel on September 1:
7am-8amBrad Meltzer's Decoded: Houdini: Murdered?
8am-10amHoudini: Unlocking the Mystery

PS: I am planning on capturing Houdini, parts 1 & 2, in a back-to-back airing on Saturday, September 6, 8pm-11:32pm.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.

Last edited by Mark12547; 08-28-2014 at 02:28 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 111
My wife and I are looking forward to seeing "Houdini" as well. This morning she asked me, "Isn't Houdini going to be on at the theater this weekend?" When I told her "no" and that it is going to be a two-part miniseries on The History Channel, she was pretty darned happy. We've both been looking forward to this for a while now. Like her, I originally thought it was going to be a theatrical movie. Guess I need to start paying more attention.
Reply HDTV Programming