post #1 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 708
The Voice NBC HD Season 7 Sept. 22, 2014 Premier

Veteran coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will be joined this time by Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani, replacing Shakira and Usher. The team advisors in this season include Stevie Nicks for Team Adam, Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale for Team Gwen, Little Big Town for Team Blake and Alicia Keys for Team Pharrell, along with Taylor Swift serving as an advisor for all teams during the second round of the Battles.
I really, really wish NBC would cut it down to one season per year ..

Good teaser though ...

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Veteran coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will be joined this time by Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani, replacing Shakira and Usher. The team advisors in this season include Stevie Nicks for Team Adam, Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale for Team Gwen, Little Big Town for Team Blake and Alicia Keys for Team Pharrell, along with Taylor Swift serving as an advisor for all teams during the second round of the Battles.

Alicia Keys? I'll watch...
post #3 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 75
...as long as that no-talent clown CeeLo Green is nowhere near the set.

I couldn't stand that fool when he was with the eminently forgettable Gnarls Barkley. Not surprised at anything I've seen or heard about him since.

Forget you, jerk.
post #4 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo3 View Post
...as long as that no-talent clown CeeLo Green is nowhere near the set.

I couldn't stand that fool when he was with the eminently forgettable Gnarls Barkley. Not surprised at anything I've seen or heard about him since.

Forget you, jerk.
I always kinda liked CeeLo .. he was the Santa Claus, the big Elf, the guy that you never knew what he was going to say next .. but, there was no way he'd ever have won .. just not a great talent scout or coach for that matter .. I don't think we have to worry any about him coming back ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #5 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
[B]
I really, really wish NBC would cut it down to one season per year ..
I wholeheartedly agree with you. My wife watches this show and it's 4 hours a week for 3/4 of the bloody year. Summer offers only a brief respite from the onslaught.

Meanwhile, the best of the talent shows - 'So You Think You Can Dance' - is struggling for ratings this summer, lost its second night results show last year, and will possibly get cancelled. Proof of the adage, "life is not fair".
post #6 of 98 Old 09-05-2014, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you. My wife watches this show and it's 4 hours a week for 3/4 of the bloody year. Summer offers only a brief respite from the onslaught.

Meanwhile, the best of the talent shows - 'So You Think You Can Dance' - is struggling for ratings this summer, lost its second night results show last year, and will possibly get cancelled. Proof of the adage, "life is not fair".
Arch, I'd have to say "onslaught" is a great choice of words ..

I keep hoping this go round Adam has had time to come up with some fresh commentary .. "You know I love you" .. "I don't know why I let you get away" .. "You could win this thing" .. "You blew me away" .. "Shut up Blake" ..

Uncle Willie

post #7 of 98 Old 09-06-2014, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I watched the first season. But these kind of shows get boring after a while. This whole teamwork thing makes no sense as the battles are intra team scheduled and not interteam as much. (unless they changed the concept again since season 1).

Gwen Stefani: Absolutely loved her in the 90s. I even likd her first single as a solo artist (that tick tock What you're waiting for song). BUt damn, tone down the makeup. Her face looked all botoxed out too on the VMAs , a look , I didn't expect from her. She hammed up the makeup bit in the late 90s, early 2000s. BUt I wasn't prepared to see her face all stiff looking. Her charm is gone. Let's face it, It will be interesting how she will fare on the voice as a judge. All I know is while she was never had a great voice, her voice used to have "character" and she knew how to use it for max effect. But her voice got badly exposed for its limitations when she tried the solo stuff. She would not win a single round of the Voice if she were a contestant.
post #8 of 98 Old 09-23-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Not one single comment on last night's show?

I enjoyed it. Post-baby Christina might be scrambling to protect her job. Gwen's fun.

No real way to discuss the actual "singing talent" yet, after just one night. So far nobody truly fantastic, but I wasn't sorry about any that didn't make it through.

Here's hoping they try and minimize the audience extreme shrieking/squealing to a minimum every time another singer walks on the stage and starts singing. That is, after all, the whole point of the show. And isn't this bad for people's vocal chords, all of that pig-squealing??
faceoff and osu1991 like this.
post #9 of 98 Old 09-23-2014, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I also enjoyed the show. Gwen and Pharrell fit in with Adam and Blake beautifully and all four were very funny. Oh and some pretty good singing talent on display as well.
faceoff and osu1991 like this.
post #10 of 98 Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Loved the first two singers of the first episode! I should make up a list of those I like so far. Many tend to do much better during blinds than later on, maybe because only then do they have total control over what to sing.

post #11 of 98 Old 09-24-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 224
They attempt to make virtually every singer the next coming... that is until the next... and I get bored with them as they quickly become repeats of previous or current seasons. It was interesting to see the dynamics from having new judges however after roughly an hour that was old hat too. My guess is the new judges helped them quite a bit in the ratings and it will be interesting to see how it holds up. For me there are only so many hours and I never watch repeats so I'm good for several or more weeks.
post #12 of 98 Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
They attempt to make virtually every singer the next coming... that is until the next... and I get bored with them as they quickly become repeats of previous or current seasons. It was interesting to see the dynamics from having new judges however after roughly an hour that was old hat too. My guess is the new judges helped them quite a bit in the ratings and it will be interesting to see how it holds up. For me there are only so many hours and I never watch repeats so I'm good for several or more weeks.
Yep .. no matter the panel, the script seems to stay the same season after season .. thank God for Fast Forward ..
Tom Imp likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #13 of 98 Old 09-24-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

[QUOTE=psgcdn;27676193]Loved the first two singers of the first episode! I should make up a list of those I like so far. Many tend to do much better during blinds than later on, maybe because only then do they have total control over what to sing.[/QUOTE]

You can bet the song selected is one they could sing in their sleep ..

Uncle Willie

post #14 of 98 Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Seriously Blake? NO ONE has EVER sounded like that Reagan James in the history of this show?
Umm, I'm sorry, but there is ALWAYS someone every season with that quirky voice that Blake turns around for 2 seconds into the damn song.

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I cannot stand the whole "no one sounds like you" crap! Yeah, in the history of music, they are hearing someone that no one has ever heard before.

That said, I like the new coaches, but I could see Gwen becoming annoying quite quickly.
post #15 of 98 Old 10-02-2014, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
voice

Gwen, is an ego of epic proportions. No one in this world is loved
as much as Gwen loves herself. In an industry of egos, Gwen is
the ultimate ego. Her self love, self promotions is so bad she is
coming close to eclipsing the Voice itself.
post #16 of 98 Old 10-02-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm22whitney View Post
Gwen, is an ego of epic proportions. No one in this world is loved
as much as Gwen loves herself. In an industry of egos, Gwen is
the ultimate ego. Her self love, self promotions is so bad she is
coming close to eclipsing the Voice itself.
she is why i am refusing to watch this season. that, and i've just grown weary of all the coaches' same shtick.
post #17 of 98 Old 10-08-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Now that the Blinds are done and the teams are full, I think I have to sadly agree with Gene Simmons' recent statement. Rock is finally dead.

Seriously, not even a single contestant that even comes close to sounding like a rocker, but a bunch that all sound the same with their sappy styles.
post #18 of 98 Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Pharrell seems like a genuinely nice person. The way he talked to some of the people that didn't get picked was just inspiring. If I was in their shoes, his words would definitely take the sting off.
faceoff likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #19 of 98 Old 10-08-2014, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Now that the Blinds are done and the teams are full, I think I have to sadly agree with Gene Simmons' recent statement. Rock is finally dead.

Seriously, not even a single contestant that even comes close to sounding like a rocker, but a bunch that all sound the same with their sappy styles.
Yeah, in seasons past, we at least had a few Rockers .. sometimes I wonder if the show would die without Blake and Adam .. I like Pharrell, he's got this Zen like vibe going on .. Gwen, I'm still on the fence, she almost seems like she is a bit hesitant in her picks, sometimes I think she waits to see what the other Coaches are doing before she hit the button .. and she's not really very original in her plea to join her team .. but, then again, there is that T-Shirt ..

The Blinds I'm always somewhat blasé about .. no one goes to the Blinds and not sing something they could sing in their sleep .. now that the Battles are coming, things will heat up some ..

Uncle Willie

post #20 of 98 Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Pharrell seems like a genuinely nice person. The way he talked to some of the people that didn't get picked was just inspiring. If I was in their shoes, his words would definitely take the sting off.
I made that same comment to my better half the other night .. we had CeeLo who you never really knew what he'd come up with, Usher who really was pretty demanding and could be fairly critical at times, Shakira who never met a contestant she did not like but would offer up some criticism, Xtina who at times could be a downright bitch

And now, Pharrell .. who obviously does not want to dump on anyones dream .. and yes, seems like a genuine nice guy .. I'm looking forward to how he works in the actual Coaching ..

Uncle Willie

post #21 of 98 Old 10-14-2014, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
NBC announced today Pharrell will be returning in the Spring for Series 8 along with Blake, Adam and returning Christina Aquilera
post #22 of 98 Old 10-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
NBC announced today Pharrell will be returning in the Spring for Series 8 along with Blake, Adam and returning Christina Aquilera
glad to see Pharrell is coming back, Christina I could do without.
faceoff likes this.
post #23 of 98 Old 10-15-2014, 09:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

And Taylor Swift is everyone's mentor next season.
post #24 of 98 Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
And Taylor Swift is everyone's mentor next season.
Taylor Swift is everyone's mentor THIS season after the Battle Rounds
post #25 of 98 Old 10-16-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
Taylor Swift is everyone's mentor THIS season after the Battle Rounds
Oh... sorry... I saw the headline and didn't read it much like the show.
post #26 of 98 Old 10-16-2014, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The one thing I wish, is that they'd get rid of the sob stories. Don't really care and they just waste time. Only person I sorta like is the reggae-ish male singer so far.
post #27 of 98 Old 10-17-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbio View Post
The one thing I wish, is that they'd get rid of the sob stories. Don't really care and they just waste time.

That's why these 2 hour shows only take me about an hour to watch because I FF through all of that garbage. I honestly don't give a rat's ass about any of these people or their stories. Just get up there and sing.
post #28 of 98 Old 11-05-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Heading into the lives and there isn't a single person I'm even remotely interested in.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with either Anita Antoinette or Jean Kelley. I would love for Craig Wayne Boyd to win as he is closest to the style I like, but he doesn't stand a chance.
post #29 of 98 Old 11-07-2014, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
glad to see Pharrell is coming back, Christina I could do without.
I'm just ready to see some fresh faces & perspectives period! Listening to Blake makes me wanna puke & the "banter" between him & Adam puts me in a snooze zone. Ugh!

"To the journey..
Sony KDL60W630b; Onkyo TX-NR818
Polk RTi A7 Mains; Polk RTi CSi A6 Center; Polk RTi A5 Wides & Surrounds
HSU VTF2-Mk4
Teac PD-H600; Marantz BD7004; Dual 1218
post #30 of 98 Old 11-07-2014, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Heading into the lives and there isn't a single person I'm even remotely interested in.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with either Anita Antoinette or Jean Kelley. I would love for Craig Wayne Boyd to win as he is closest to the style I like, but he doesn't stand a chance.
It's been a pretty much vanilla season for me as well .. where are the big personalities .. ?? Where is the Rock .. ?? I've got no one yet that I'm really rooting for .. I liked Blessing .. Gone .. I liked Jonathan Wyndham (Cracker Barrel Guy) .. Gone .. I like Griffin .. Gone .. even kinda liked Menlik .. Gone ..

And your right .. at the rate things are going, Craig Wayne Boyd will be gone soon, even though he seems like the last chance at something with some bite to it ..

Sad season so far .. at least (hopefully) they will begin to bring Paul Mirkovich and the House Band out of the background ... next to The Roots, those guys are the best House Band on TV ..

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page