Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 05/15/15 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By forhire34cvdn
post #1 of 18 Old 10-14-2014, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 05/15/15

What's left to convert to HD?

RSNs in HD Chart version 2.0

Notes: Dsp. indicates an ongoing programming dispute, channels marked are excluded from the total count.

"Total Available" count excludes certain part time/sports HD channels from the count: NFL Sunday Ticket RedZone, NFL Network Red Zone, ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater, MLB Strike Zone, BTN Alternates (4) and HD channels that have not yet launched.
All of the HD RSNs listed on the other chart are not included in the "Total Available" count either.

About
The above chart details national carriage agreements with the top television service providers in the United States for all presently available or announced HD channels. Providers listed include the two major DBS carriers and the top terrestrial providers, including Verizon and AT&T's fiber services. The very first national over-the-top internet based provider Sling TV has also been included. Other providers have been excluded because their footprint is simply too small.

A tip of the hat to all the AVS members who have contributed to the spreadsheet over the years, and a special thanks to URFloorMatt, CycloneGT, nataraj, sansri88, and Ken H for their prior work keeping this thread and chart alive.

Subscription Sports Packages
This chart also tracks subscription sports packages with HD coverage. All cable providers marked above and Verizon FiOS offer their sports packages through iNDEMAND's three HD channels; Team HD, Game HD, and Game 2 HD. As such, they offer a limited amount (one to five games) of HD coverage on any given night with their package. DirecTV broadcasts significantly more HD coverage to its subscribers, typically all the HD games available in each package.

iN DEMAND began offering nine total HD feeds for its subscription sports packages on September 16, 2011. Carriage of these additional feeds varies by provider and market. For more information, see here.

RSN Carriage
A separate chart has been created for tracking high definition RSN carriage for the providers listed, but please understand it is currently a work in progress so errors are expected.

Most cable providers and Verizon FiOS only carry RSNs in their designated market areas, however there are a few that are available nationwide.

DirecTV, Dish & AT&T U-Verse carry nearly all RSNs nationwide which can be added to base programming packages by subscribing to an additional add-on (usually a Sports Pack/Tier) or in some cases subscribing to the highest base package offered. All blackout restrictions still apply.

East & West feeds
Where a "West" feed is marked, that means the provider offers two separate feeds of the same channel, one on a three-hour delay from the other. A reader on the West coast should probably swap the words "East" and "West" on this chart, and assume that if a provider does not carry a secondary feed of a given channel, the feed missing is the East coast feed. Yes, like most sports coverage, this chart too has an East coast bias.

Wide vs. Limited Carriage
Since cable operators roll out channels on a market-by-market basis, the default selection is "limited availability" unless a press release or someone here indicates otherwise. Channels listed above as "wide" are available to at least 50% of markets/subscribers.

Current Version
The most current versions will always be available for download via a Dropbox URL which is updated instantly the same time changes are made to the files.

The spreadsheets available on Dropbox are an Excel 2007 version, if you use an older version of Excel a Compatibility Pack can be downloaded free to edit in Excel 2000, XP, or 2003.

Click here to download the latest file. (National HD Lineup Chart)

Click here to download the latest file. (RSN HD Lineup Chart version 2.0)

Last edited by wvvolfan; 05-15-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Updated chart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-15-2015, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Both charts are now up to date as of 5/15/15

Please Note the new What's left to convert to HD? list located between the Main and the RSN charts, and also in post #2. Thank you again to HDOrlando for providing the initial list! I'm sure there will be quite a few that we can add for the next update to the Foreign Language section.

Also, Frontier, Google Fiber and CenturyLink have been added to the charts. A big thank you (again) to jikei for providing the initial HD channel availability updates for those new respective providers to the chart!

Please remember to post all updates, suggestions, and corrections below.

Last edited by wvvolfan; 05-15-2015 at 07:09 PM.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-16-2015, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 41
wvvolfan,

Great job as always and thanks for the shout out.

The following RSN's will be removed from Bright House On June 9 as they are dropping out of market Fox Sports RSN's minus YES Network and the following are not in-market for any BHN systems.

Remove From BHN RSN's

Fox Sports Arizona
Fox Sports Midwest
Fox Sports North
Fox Sports Southwest
Fox Sports Wisconsin

A few updates for the "What's left to convert to HD?"

- Discovery Fit and Health is no more and is Discovery Life which is already on the chart.

- Gem TV is Gems TV

- Mun2 became NBC Universo

May Chiller FINALLY go HD this year.

Last edited by HDOrlando; 05-23-2015 at 10:26 PM.
post #4 of 18 Old 05-17-2015, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
wvvolfan,

Great job as always and thanks for the shout out.

A few updates for the "What's left to convert to HD?"

- Discovery Fit and Health is no more and is Discovery Life which is already on the chart.

- Gem TV is Gems TV

- Mun2 became NBC Universo

May Chiller FINALLY go HD this year.
Mun2 became NBC Universo and is HD.

Chiller clams to be HD on 2 small cable systems.

TVG and HRTV to merge but they keep 2 channels. Right Now the web feed of HRTV is HD and the channel may be in HD but no system has picked it up. TVG seems to be the same place and they are providing portions their HD production to the national broadcasts of other sports networks. So they may have a HD feed just no systems have picked them up.
post #5 of 18 Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The Zeal channels aren't necessarily national channels, they're owned by Time Warner Cable and only on providers affiliated with them, like Bright House Networks.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Some other channels not available in HD that were left off the list:
MTV U
VH1 Soul
CMT Pure Country
Cinemoi
Liquidation Channel

Also, is it true that Fox College Sports isn't in HD? The chart says it's available on some Cox systems.
post #7 of 18 Old 05-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim198 View Post
Some other channels not available in HD that were left off the list:
MTV U
VH1 Soul
CMT Pure Country
Cinemoi
Liquidation Channel

Also, is it true that Fox College Sports isn't in HD? The chart says it's available on some Cox systems.
Last time I checked there were no HD's for Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central, and Pacific.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-20-2015, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Both Indie Plex and Retro Plex are still not offered by Time Warner, so I would change their colors to red. Whatever agreement Time Warner made to carry those channels very likely fell through a long time ago.
post #9 of 18 Old 05-20-2015, 07:23 PM

Liked: 10
Somewhere down the road I would also make a separate chart for online streaming services like Apple TV and PlayStation Vue. I realize Vue is only available in a handful of cities now but I predict that will change in the near future. I also think more streaming services will pop up in the near future as well as more Americans are cutting the cord.
post #10 of 18 Old 05-20-2015, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjrenna View Post
Last time I checked there were no HD's for Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central, and Pacific.
Directv had an unused part time HD for Fox College sports feeds.

At least cable system has an unused? part time Fox College sports HD feed.

Also missing from
What's left to convert to HD?

ESPN GAME PLAN
ESPN FULL COURT
post #11 of 18 Old 05-21-2015, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 18
DISH Network added TV5 Monde-HD (French) on 5-20-15
post #12 of 18 Old 05-23-2015, 10:00 AM

Liked: 13
Thumbs up forhire34cvdn's back.

Hello wvvolfan, HDOrlando and AVS FORUM.

This is my first new post since last Thanksgving. I took a long break from AVS FORUM after my holidays were ruined from a freak snow storm (I didn't wish you all you know what). But I have never stopped checking out AVS FORUM for all up to date news and info on the tv industry. I hope you all except be back on AVS FORUM. I promise I will not annoy anyone anymore. I'll just provide new updates before anyone else and praise anyone for new updates before me.

Root Sports Northwest HD is now limited for Centurylink as it's Prism TV has now expanded to Portland, Oregon.

I welcome Centurylink, Frontier and Google Fiber to the AVS FORUM chart with open arms!

This chart is better than it's ever been! You rock wvvolfan!You too jikei!
wvvolfan likes this.
post #13 of 18 Old 05-25-2015, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Reports: Charter near cable deal for Time Warner

http://usat.ly/1HFLV2I
post #14 of 18 Old 05-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Some new things are announced for Suddenlink in their first all-digital area in Bryan/College Station, TX, effective 6/9.

The lineup can be found here: https://docs.google.com/gview?url=ht...fd_fileId=4328

TV One HD
HBO Signature HD
Max Latino HD
Showtime 2 HD
Showtime Showcase HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz Kids & Family HD

Pac-12 Arizona HD
Pac-12 Mountain HD
Pac-12 Washington HD
Pac-12 Oregon HD
Pac-12 Bay Area HD
Pac-12 Los Angeles HD
EWTN HD
INSP HD

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 05-27-2015 at 01:08 PM.
post #15 of 18 Old 05-27-2015, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Charter will be adding SportsNet LA soon.
post #16 of 18 Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nick Jr HD in testing on Directv
post #17 of 18 Old 05-28-2015, 08:46 PM

Liked: 13
post #18 of 18 Unread Today, 04:58 AM