Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 12/21/2016 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #1 of 42 Old 10-14-2014, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 12/21/2016

What's left to convert to HD?

RSNs in HD Chart

Notes: Dsp. indicates an ongoing programming dispute, channels marked are excluded from the total count.

"Total Available" count excludes certain part time/sports HD channels from the count: NFL Sunday Ticket RedZone, NFL Network Red Zone, ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater, MLB Strike Zone, BTN Alternates (4), ESPN College Extras (8) NBC Premier League Extra Time (4) and HD channels that have not yet launched.
All of the HD RSNs listed on the other chart are not included in the "Total Available" count either.

About
The above chart details national carriage agreements with the top television service providers in the United States for all presently available or announced HD channels. Providers listed include the two major DBS carriers and the top terrestrial providers, including Verizon and AT&T's fiber services. The top nationwide over-the-top (OTT) internet based providers, Sling TV, PlayStation VUE, and DIRECTV NOW have also been included. Please note that due to rights restrictions, certain content may be not available or substituted on certain networks via the OTT providers that doesn't occur via traditional pay TV providers. Other providers have been excluded because their footprint is simply too small.

A tip of the hat to all the AVS members who have contributed to the spreadsheet over the years, and a special thanks to URFloorMatt, CycloneGT, nataraj, sansri88, and Ken H for their prior work keeping this thread and chart alive.

Subscription Sports Packages
This chart also tracks subscription sports packages with HD coverage. All cable providers marked above and Verizon FiOS offer their sports packages through iNDEMAND's three HD channels; Team HD, Game HD, and Game 2 HD. As such, they offer a limited amount (one to five games) of HD coverage on any given night with their package. DirecTV broadcasts significantly more HD coverage to its subscribers, typically all the HD games available in each package.

iN DEMAND began offering nine total HD feeds for its subscription sports packages on September 16, 2011. Carriage of these additional feeds varies by provider and market. For more information, see here.

RSN Carriage
A separate chart has been created for tracking high definition RSN carriage for the providers listed, but please understand it is currently a work in progress so errors are expected.

Most cable providers and Verizon FiOS only carry RSNs in their designated market areas, however there are a few that are available nationwide. PlayStation VUE carries a national gameless base feed of FOX Sports Network (FSN) in some markets where they do not yet have an agreement for the local in-market teams.

DirecTV, Dish & AT&T U-Verse carry nearly all RSNs nationwide which can be added to base programming packages by subscribing to an additional add-on (usually a Sports Pack/Tier) or in some cases subscribing to the highest base package offered. All blackout restrictions still apply.

East & West feeds
Where a "West" feed is marked, that means the provider offers two separate feeds of the same channel, one on a three-hour delay from the other. A reader on the West coast should probably swap the words "East" and "West" on this chart, and assume that if a provider does not carry a secondary feed of a given channel, the feed missing is the East coast feed. Yes, like most sports coverage, this chart too has an East coast bias.

Wide vs. Limited Carriage
Since cable operators roll out channels on a market-by-market basis, the default selection is "limited availability" unless a press release or someone here indicates otherwise. Channels listed above as "wide" are available to at least 50% of markets/subscribers.

Current Version
The most current versions will always be available for download via a Dropbox URL which is updated instantly the same time changes are made to the files.

The spreadsheets available on Dropbox are an Excel 2007 version, if you use an older version of Excel a Compatibility Pack can be downloaded free to edit in Excel 2000, XP, or 2003.

Click here to download the latest file. (National HD Lineup Chart)

Click here to download the latest file. (RSN HD Lineup Chart version 2.0)
levibluewa and rockmonster01 like this.

Last edited by wvvolfan; 12-21-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Updated chart, Added DIRECTV NOW to chart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 12-21-2016, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

All charts are now up to date as of 12/21/16!

DIRECTV NOW has been added to the chart, some mistakes are definitely expected with it being very new to the chart so please feel free to post what you find. I also was unsure on HD Availability of some channels on DIRECTV NOW (as I do not have the service) and generally went based on if DIRECTV Satellite had HD carriage then I added the channel but there definitely could be differences (i.e. Sling TV has channels in HD only in SD on Dish etc. and some networks use the TV Everywhere feeds on Sling TV, DTV Now which is generally HD while the linear channel may still be SD via traditional satellite DIRECTV/DISH) if someone is a subscriber to the service definitely update us below.

Please remember to post all updates, suggestions, and corrections below.
Thank You!

Last edited by wvvolfan; 12-21-2016 at 08:39 PM.
post #3 of 42 Old 12-21-2016, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

I wasn't sure whether or not the following channels, were carried in HD on DIRECTV NOW:
  • AHC
  • BabyFirst (only one provider on chart Frontier, carries in HD)
  • Boomerang (only recently one provider on chart added in HD)
  • C-SPAN 1/2
  • Centric
  • Chiller
  • Discovery Family
  • Discovery Life
  • El Rey
  • FXM
  • LOGO
  • Nicktoons
  • RFD-TV
  • TVG

Last edited by wvvolfan; 12-21-2016 at 09:14 PM.

post #4 of 42 Old 12-21-2016, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
http://media.cox.com/support/print_m...oma/cl_okc.pdf

seems to show 4 fox college sports HD feeds

but this page seems with same area zip code may make it seem it's sd only

https://www.cox.com/residential/tv.h...12022016133540

http://www.cox.com/myconnection/watc...v-listings.cox

seems to show the 3 channels with there SD names and no HD flags.

and the HD channel is just an endless off air place holder like how it used to be on directv for years.

Fake HD this is the same cox that in the past Cox: We Have 100 HD Channels (Well, Sort Of)
http://www.tvpredictions.com/cox122011.htm

Last edited by Joe The Dragon; 12-22-2016 at 07:10 AM.
post #5 of 42 Old 12-22-2016, 03:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvvolfan View Post
I wasn't sure whether or not the following channels, were carried in HD on DIRECTV NOW:
  • AHC
  • BabyFirst (only one provider on chart Frontier, carries in HD)
  • Boomerang (only recently one provider on chart added in HD)
  • C-SPAN 1/2
  • Centric
  • Chiller
  • Discovery Family
  • Discovery Life
  • El Rey
  • FXM
  • LOGO
  • Nicktoons
  • RFD-TV
  • TVG
wvvolfan,

A few things.......

Bright House systems are now Spectrum under the Charter umbrella. I believe all Time Warner Cable systems are as well.

Boomerang and BET SOUL are not available in HD and I can assure you Bright House does not have either in HD only SD.

One World Sports was only added in SD like BET SOUL and Boomerang to the rest of BHN systems which did not have them.

I must have by accident implied they were all added in HD.

As Oriolesmagic says below, Galavision HD is now wide for Brighthouse and Teen Nick HD is as well.

Bright House Sports Network is now Spectrum Sports.

Other than that, well done as always.

Last edited by HDOrlando; 01-26-2017 at 06:08 PM.
post #6 of 42 Old 12-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Some things I'd note:

The following should be wide for Charter.

FM HD
Impact HD
Ovation HD
Sportsman Channel HD
GolTV Espanol HD
NBC Universo HD
Showtime Extreme West HD

Also, I'd say the following should be removed for Charter.

Zee Bollywood HD (Charter removed this)
Zee TV HD (Charter removed this)
Showtime Beyond West HD
Ultra Film HD (Charter never carried this)
Ultra Luna HD (Charter never carried this)

As I understand it, Charter still only carries the east feed of Showtime Beyond HD even out west, even if the SD feed is the west coast one.

Galavision HD should be wide on Cox and Bright House.

HSN HD should be wide on Mediacom.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 12-23-2016 at 07:29 AM.
post #7 of 42 Old 12-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Well as fast as it went up, the TAG channel on DISH has completely vanished as of a couple hours ago...the channel link to it on DISH's website is gone as well:

https://www.mydish.com/station/TAG
post #8 of 42 Old 12-25-2016, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a question on the RSN form page - for the HD channels, are those that are meant to be in HD all the time? Or just when they are in HD when they are on?

I have Dish Network, and as I scan that sheet, I know that Dish carries CSN Bay Area and CSN California alternate when there are live games on it. Same goes for Fox Sports Kansas City (whenever there are Royals games), Fox Sports Oklahoma for Thunder games, Fox Sports Wisconsin (whenever there are Bucks games or college basketball games on it), and Root Sports Utah when the Jazz are on, .

If I make the comparison of DirecTV and Dish, the only ones that DirecTV has that Dish doesn't are CSN New England, YES Network, YES Network alternate, the 2 Lakers Channels, MSG, MSG+, Root Sports Southwest, and SNY.

To my knowledge, Dish no longer carries Cox Sports in New Orleans. I am almost sure they dropped Cox Sports once the New Orleans Hornets (at the time) left for Fox Sports New Orleans.
post #9 of 42 Old 12-26-2016, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 69
DirecTv Now or dNow for short.

In HD:

Discover Family
RFD-Tv
Sprout

"There he goes again..." - Good Ol' R. Reagan's favorite Troll line !

Last edited by Dmon4u; 12-26-2016 at 03:49 PM.
post #10 of 42 Old 12-28-2016, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Something else I caught is that Pac 12 Network switched their HD feeds on Comcast.

The national feed should be marked as limited as it's only carried in the west.

The regional feeds are SD only now on Comcast, so they should be removed from the chart.
post #11 of 42 Old 12-28-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
Something else I caught is that Pac 12 Network switched their HD feeds on Comcast.

The national feed should be marked as limited as it's only carried in the west.

The regional feeds are SD only now on Comcast, so they should be removed from the chart.
Dish also only has the main feed now no regional channels.
post #12 of 42 Old 12-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Dragon View Post
Dish also only has the main feed now no regional channels.
You SURE about this??? I have 4 (part time) HD feeds on my DISH receivers as we speak, in addition to the main HD feed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PAC-12 EPG.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1858041  

Last edited by dishrich; 12-28-2016 at 11:00 AM.
post #13 of 42 Old 12-28-2016, 02:40 PM

http://bennyshouse.freeforums.net/th...n-channel-dish
http://pac-12.com/tv-listings/pac-12-network
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thre...2#post-3866607

seems to say the place holders are still there but they don't pick up the other feeds any more.
post #14 of 42 Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

It's hard to say if those other feeds are still active. I think they've added more specific programming to them than before, but in the first few years, they really only aired different football games than the main channels for the different regions. With football season over, I'd say the vast majority of programming is the same (a la BTN, who only uses its alternate feeds for different football/basketball games).

For now, I'm going to go with dishrich, and say that since they're still showing in the guide, that they're still there.

On another note, it looks like Charter has added the 8 ESPN College Extra channels in HD in Tennessee as they transition their legacy markets into contracts inherited from Time Warner Cable. I'd mark those limited for now as I haven't seen them on any other lineup yet. I'd say the channels from TWC will be wide eventually, but there are some appearing in some markets, but not others.
post #15 of 42 Old 01-03-2017, 08:22 PM

Also added not that long ago

CSN BAY Area Plus 2 HD / AKA Alternate 2
CSN New England Alt HD

More info is need on what all of listed fox feeds really are.

I hope more info turns up hear
http://www.dbstalk.com/community/ind.../#post-3453231

FS Midwest HD Alternate
FS Midwest Alt. 2 HD
FS Southwest 2 HD Alternate
FS Southwest (Alternate) 3 HD
FS Southwest (Alternate) 4 HD
FS Midwest HD Alternate
FS Midwest Alt. 2 HD
FS Arizona HD (Alternate 2)
FS Sand Diego Alt. HD (Alternate)
ROOT Sports Southwest (Alt.) HD
FS Kansas City HD (Alternate)
FS New Orleans HD (Alternate)
FS Cincinnati HD (Alternate)
FS Ohio HD (Alternate)
FS Florida HD (Alternate) -- not the same as FS Florida Plus HD (Alternate)
Fox Sports Sun Plus HD (Alternate)
Fox Sports Southeast 3 HD (Alternate)
FS Tennessee Alternate HD
FS Sand Diego Alt. HD (Alternate)
FS Southwest 2 HD Alternate

Last edited by Joe The Dragon; 01-03-2017 at 08:29 PM.
post #16 of 42 Old 01-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

The challenge in figuring out alternate feeds is that cable and satellite differ so wildly on them.

Whereas DirecTV will offer the main feed of something like Fox Sports Midwest, and black out relevant programming to places like Indiana and Kansas City, but cable will just have a specific feed that provides the programming that is considered in-market.

One thing I've noticed is that it appears Suddenlink has added NBC Universo HD on a limited basis, at least for now.
post #17 of 42 Old 01-04-2017, 12:15 PM

CSN is really not that way other on cable in outer zones where you get an cut down feed / mixed main alt one..
post #18 of 42 Old 01-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Cablevision is also dropping Esquire Network. I think it's increasingly likely the network is soon to be announced as dead.
post #19 of 42 Old 01-05-2017, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oriolesmagic,

I definitely agree and when Spectrum and NBC strike a new deal, Esquire being dropped is likely going to be part of it.
post #20 of 42 Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
One small update, PS Vue carries NESN HD (Limited to New England only)
post #21 of 42 Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Suddenlink is dropping Esquire effective 2/13. Not surprising since the same was announced at Cablevision, also owned by Altice.

I'm positive Esquire has been marked for death.
post #22 of 42 Old 01-17-2017, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm positive Esquire has been marked for death.
Yep, we just got a notice on our Comcast bills it's being removed here in IL on 3/14/17
post #23 of 42 Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Yep, we just got a notice on our Comcast bills it's being removed here in IL on 3/14/17
I'd say considering Comcast is the owner that 3/14 is the drop dead date nationwide.

What makes no sense is the local Comcast system JUST added Esquire HD at the first of the year. Considering how pathetic that system is, and how many things they're missing, that they could coordinate to add something that wasn't being removed just 2 months later.
post #24 of 42 Old 01-18-2017, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Esquire is officially done and will only continue as a cable channel through the summer.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/esqu...rk-1201962261/

I expect Charter to drop it much sooner.

It also appears NBC and Charter have struck a new deal.

http://tvpredictions.com/charter011817.htm

This should clear the way for Chiller HD to come to all Spectrum customers.

Also, based on our latest legal notices, it appears some Discovery channels are going to be repositioned and would not be surprised if we also got Discovery Life HD soon.

Chiller HD and Discovery Life HD are the main ones we have in SD that we are missing in HD.
post #25 of 42 Old 01-18-2017, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Some things I'd note:

The following should be wide for Charter.

FM HD
Impact HD
Ovation HD
Sportsman Channel HD
GolTV Espanol HD
NBC Universo HD
Showtime Extreme West HD

Also, I'd say the following should be removed for Charter.

Zee Bollywood HD (Charter removed this)
Zee TV HD (Charter removed this)
Showtime Beyond West HD
Ultra Film HD (Charter never carried this)
Ultra Luna HD (Charter never carried this)

As I understand it, Charter still only carries the east feed of Showtime Beyond HD even out west, even if the SD feed is the west coast one.

Galavision HD should be wide on Cox and Bright House.

HSN HD should be wide on Mediacom.
Impact HD was announced but never launched.
post #26 of 42 Old 01-20-2017, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 224
i don see ion tv listed on the chart
directv carries ion east in hd and west in sd

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
post #27 of 42 Old 01-20-2017, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdram View Post
directv carries ion east in hd and west in sd
Comcast carries it in HD in the Memphis area market
post #28 of 42 Old 01-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdram View Post
Because the people that (at least, previously) ran this chart, NEVER added (HD) channels that were (primarily) considered OTA carriage...which ION very much is. Didn't matter to them if they happened to also be carried "nationally" by any providers - same deal with other such OTA channels such as Univision, Unimas, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Thomas View Post
Comcast carries it in HD in the Memphis area market
And that's only because you have a local OTA (WPXX) affiliate that has it in HD & they carry it via local must-carry.
We get the national ION feed here, in SD only, because our market doesn't have a local affiliate at all.

Last edited by dishrich; 01-20-2017 at 03:06 PM.
post #29 of 42 Old 01-21-2017, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Because the people that (at least, previously) ran this chart, NEVER added (HD) channels that were (primarily) considered OTA carriage...which ION very much is. Didn't matter to them if they happened to also be carried "nationally" by any providers - same deal with other such OTA channels such as Univision, Unimas, etc...

And that's only because you have a local OTA (WPXX) affiliate that has it in HD & they carry it via local must-carry.
We get the national ION feed here, in SD only, because our market doesn't have a local affiliate at all.

thanks.
it is not a local OTA here, but is in hd via directv, i do watch it at times

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
post #30 of 42 Old 01-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

I don't know when you want to start merging the TWC/BHN/Charter family into Spectrum, but some things that can be said for TWC now with the Spectrum changes including many markets:

Wide for TWC now (Many of these were missing in CA, OH and WI, who mostly have all these channels now with the exception of Central and NE OH).

American Heroes HD
BBC World News HD
Bloomberg HD
Disney Jr HD
Evine Live HD
EWTN HD
El Rey HD
FM HD
FXM HD
Fox Sports 2 HD
GAC HD
INSP HD
Ovation HD
Pop HD
QVC Plus HD
Reelz HD
Sundance HD
TV One HD
UP HD

MoviePlex HD
IndiePlex HD
RetroPlex HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz in Black HD
HBO Zone HD
HBO Latino HD
TMC Xtra HD
Encore Action HD
Encore Black HD
Encore Classic HD
Encore Suspense HD
ThrillerMax HD
OuterMax HD
5StarMax HD
Max Latino HD
MovieMax HD

Teen Nick HD should be marked Limited for TWC, and Wide for BHN.

Also, Bloomberg HD should be removed for WOW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming