Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Unread Today, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 205
"Secerts and Lies" on ABC

This is a remake of the Australian series that I watched last year on Hulu+. I decided to watch the first episode to see how the remake does and actually was surprised it was quite good. Ryan Phillipe plays a father who on his jog through the nearby woods finds the body of a neighbor's son. A bit of brilliant casting is Juliette Lewis playing the quirky detective role which was played by a man in the Australian version. Since I know how it ends watching the US version is interesting and also to see if it ends the same way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Today, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I was looking for a thread on this program, glad you started one, even if my comments won't be too positive
Unfortunately it's a one-and-done for me, I totally detested it! My wife wanted to continue watching it or I'd have bailed after the first 1hr episode but I continued to listen as I worked on my media room PC. To me it seemed to be a classic made for TV movie or like a soap opera. We(wife and I) didn't like how things will drag out the whole season, I mean the one murder case seems setup to be the only thing they pursue, we prefer a more one and done crime drama, that or something that may span a few episodes or so. Not that everything needs to be wrapped up that quickly, the Mentalist with Red John or CSI with the Harbor serial killer stories lasted many episodes or even the whole series with Red John but that wasn't all the show dwelt on, they solved other crimes every week. I just couldn't stand the sour faced female detective, even my daughter who joined for the second half said, "does she ever smile" interestingly enough she seemed caught up in it and if it were up to her, she'd probably record more. I liked the lead in the short lived the Firm but not in this program.
I wish those who stick around with it all the best, but again it was TOTALLY not my cup of tea.
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 03:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 559
I was rather unimpressed myself. I'm not sure I'll keep going.

Having said that, you might want to have a mod correct the spelling of "Secrets" in the thread title...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page