2015 PGA Tour in HD - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 04-10-2015, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
2015 PGA Tour in HD

Jordan Spieth currently leads (-14) under during the Masters Tournament. Spieth ended the 2nd round with a (-6) under performance and also setting the lowest 36 hole total in Masters history.

Xbox Live: gt1racerlHDl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 04-10-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 929
You know, I remember when The Masters was one of the very few HD games in town. Give credit to those old fossils who run Augusta National, they embraced high definition television early on. I think they're equally ready to dive into the 4k pool -- aren't they already doing it?

The Masters is no longer the jaw-dropping, exclusive eye candy it was during those first HD years, in terms of being a trend setter. But that golf course is still one of the most beautiful places on earth. I used to go to practice rounds way back when you could just drive up and buy a ticket (they're doled out on a lottery now). It's a testament to what extent man can manipulate nature, provided he has an unlimited budget with which to do it. I used to offer a crisp, new Franklin for anybody who went to the tournament who could bring back an actual weed from within the gates (honor system), or even a blade of dead grass! Nobody ever took me up on it. For sheer eye candy, this event can't really be beat on TV.

Oh, and go Jordan. Golf's next superstar. He might as well start rehearsing his typically-uncomfortable Butler Cabin speech now (can you believe they still do that?).
post #3 of 36 Old 04-11-2015, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I have it on good authority that Lee Trevino read this thread and threw up on his keyboard.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #4 of 36 Old 04-11-2015, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Masters Round 3 Tee Times (all times Eastern)

10:05 am : Steve Stricker, Jeff Knox
10:15 am : Lee Westwood, Anirban Lahiri
10:25 am : Matt Kuchar, Henrik Stenson
10:35 am : Sangmoon Bae, Cameron Tringale
10:45 am : Morgan Hoffmann, Jason Dufner
10:55 am : Darren Clarke, Ian Poulter
11:05 am : Rickie Fowler, Vijay Singh
11:15 am : Jamie Donaldson, Jimmy Walker
11:25 am : Thongchai Jaidee, John Senden
11:35 am : Brooks Koepka, Graeme McDowell
11:55 am : Chris Kirk, Hunter Mahan
12:05 pm : Erik Compton, Bernd Wiesberger
12:15 pm : Zach Johnson, Webb Simpson
12:25 pm : Seung-yul Noh, Geoff Ogilvy
12:35 pm : Ryan Palmer, Keegan Bradley
12:45 pm : Bubba Watson, Rory McIlroy
12:55 pm : Jonas Blixt, Patrick Reed
1:05 pm : Danny Willett, Russell Henley
1:15 pm : Tiger Woods, Sergio Garcia
1:35 pm : Hideki Matsuyama, Charl Schwartzel
1:45 pm : Jason Day, Adam Scott
1:55 pm : Louis Oosthuizen, Mark O'Meara
2:05 pm : Ryan Moore, Angel Cabrera
2:15 pm : Kevin Streelman, Bill Haas
2:25 pm : Ernie Els, Kevin Na
2:35 pm : Paul Casey, Phil Mickelson
2:45 pm : Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson
2:55 pm : Jordan Spieth, Charley Hoffman

post #5 of 36 Old 04-11-2015, 06:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
I have it on good authority that Lee Trevino read this thread and threw up on his keyboard.
Why would he do that? Because he famously didn't play in The Masters because of their discriminatory policies? I think he's over that now, now that those policies have officially been repudiated by the Old Fossils that run the club.

Reminds me of a funny story about Trevino -- Back in his prime he was playing a round of golf with a reporter who asked him why he never played The Masters. He repeated the story he had made up about it, that the course didn't suit his game. Augusta National requires a lot of long, high draws and Lee's game was built around low fades. With that said, he teed one up and smashed a beautiful, 300-yard high, soft draw right down the middle, turned to the writer, and winked. There was nothing Trevino couldn't do with a golf ball.

But he deserves credit for standing to his principles, back when nobody else would. He probably would have won a couple of green jackets had he played the tourney. He was that good. He was also that principled, and without beating his chest about it.
post #6 of 36 Old 04-11-2015, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Trevino's not the only one barfing.

These are just my opinions.
post #7 of 36 Old 04-11-2015, 03:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I found the first two days of coverage on ESPN to be extremely disappointing. Much discontinuity, lack of coherence, and no sensation of following along with the players as play progressed. Obviously they had no way of predicting how players would perform given their initial random start times, but I never got the impression I could tell whether I was watching live or recorded from hours earlier, or whatever.

I also was disappointed that Golf Channel apparently had no rights to show any competition for their 6 hours of "coverage". The only thing they could say was about upcoming tee-off times, and show practice driving range shots, for 6 hours! That DVR recording quickly disppeared.

Also, I don't think Augusta looks as good in 720p as it does in 1080i.

Thankfully, it is now Saturday and back to CBS finally. They know how to cover things. So, we have a start-to-finish sensation, starting at the first hole and following along with probably 10 other twosomes who teed off earlier. Finally, I get the feeling I'm watching The Masters and am actually there.

May only be my opinion, but I really expected to see Jordan's Friday performance "re-played" later, so that it could bee seen. Didn't happen as far as I know, simply because of his early tee time. So all they could do is talk about it and show isolated replays of lots of birdies. But it was quite unenjoyable.

Thanks for CBS.
post #8 of 36 Old 04-11-2015, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

If the golf wasn't so good, the pomposity surrounding it would be insufferable. Even though Clifford Roberts died years ago, the tediously arrogant and oppressive traditions he enforced with an iron hand have died much slower. I still remember them kicking off an announcer because he was having too much fun.

Incidentally, Trevino did play in the Masters for many years, but famously dressed in his car in the parking lot because of the way he claimed he was treated in the clubhouse.

Last edited by Distorted; 04-11-2015 at 06:32 PM.
post #9 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Masters Final Round Tee Times (All Times Eastern)

10:00 am: Thongchai Jaidee
10:10 am: Darren Clarke, Vijay Singh
10:20 am: Jamie Donaldson, Graeme McDowell
10:30 am: Erik Compton, Anirban Lahiri
10:40 am: Jason Dufner, Jimmy Walker
10:50 am: Mark O'Meara, Steve Stricker
11:00 am: Keegan Bradley, Danny Willett
11:10 am: Ryan Palmer, Matt Kuchar
11:20 am: Chris Kirk, Geoff Ogilvy
11:30 am: Morgan Hoffmann, John Senden
11:50 am: Patrick Reed, Sangmoon Bae
12:00 pm: Webb Simpson, Seung-yul Noh
12:10 pm: Henrik Stenson, Brooks Koepka
12:20 pm: Adam Scott, Lee Westwood
12:30 pm: Bernd Wiesberger, Bubba Watson
12:40 pm: Cameron Tringale, Rickie Fowler
12:50 pm: Angel Cabrera, Ernis Els
1:00 pm: Russell Henley, Charl Schwartzel
1:10 pm: Sergio Garcia, Ryan Moore
1:30 pm: Bill Haas, Hunter Mahan
1:40 pm: Jason Day, Louis Oosthuizen
1:50 pm: Zach Johnson, Jonas Blixt
2:00 pm: Paul Casey, Ian Poulter
2:10 pm: Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama
2:20 pm: Kevin Streelman, Kevin Na
2:30 pm: Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy
2:40 pm: Phil Mickelson, Charley Hoffman
2:50 pm: Jordan Spieth, Justin Rose

post #10 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
Incidentally, Trevino did play in the Masters for many years, but famously dressed in his car in the parking lot because of the way he claimed he was treated in the clubhouse.
You're right. I had forgotten. Love that story with the reporter though (and it's true). Damn, I wish he had won, just once. The Champions' Dinner the following spring would have been vedddddy intellesting.

And how about Jordan? Did I call it or what? Expect him to post another sub-par round today and never be threatened. This is a walkover.

Golf's next superstar. Good choice!
post #11 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
...And how about Jordan?
The guy is so good and even he is a bit boring to watch. His demeanor is such that you have to pinch yourself to remind that he is still just 21 years of age, and he has been that way since he joined the tour after his freshman year in college. His medium range putting is scary good. We are in for a treat down the years with Jordan and Rory, I'm thinking, but they are going to get a lot of push from the field.

I would love to see Lefty throw a 65 at him today.

Last edited by Distorted; 04-12-2015 at 08:42 AM.
post #12 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
You know, I remember when The Masters was one of the very few HD games in town. Give credit to those old fossils who run Augusta National, they embraced high definition television early on. I think they're equally ready to dive into the 4k pool -- aren't they already doing it?

The Masters is no longer the jaw-dropping, exclusive eye candy it was during those first HD years, in terms of being a trend setter. But that golf course is still one of the most beautiful places on earth. I used to go to practice rounds way back when you could just drive up and buy a ticket (they're doled out on a lottery now). It's a testament to what extent man can manipulate nature, provided he has an unlimited budget with which to do it. I used to offer a crisp, new Franklin for anybody who went to the tournament who could bring back an actual weed from within the gates (honor system), or even a blade of dead grass! Nobody ever took me up on it. For sheer eye candy, this event can't really be beat on TV.

Oh, and go Jordan. Golf's next superstar. He might as well start rehearsing his typically-uncomfortable Butler Cabin speech now (can you believe they still do that?).
I love Augusta. The lush greenery, the lovely plants, the elevation, the little rivers and small stone bridges like a miniature village. Personally I think its one of the loveliest events.
post #13 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Spieth isn't a boring golfer at all. Golf is about repeating the same swing every time, and he does this very well. Now some players have ugly golf swings but that doesn't matter either, it not how its how many. What you can't see is what's in his heart, and if he has the mind of a champion. And go Justin Rose catch him by the front nine and lap him on the back. Go Justin.

post #14 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Jordan finishes with a final round 70 to finish with -18 under to win the Masters

post #15 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It was a good Masters. CBS did a good job on my feed from TWC, I was hoping for a closer finish, but the "contenders" couldn't make their putts.

It was interesting that Augusta's deal with CBS limited commercials on Saturday (4 hours) to about 30 mins (instead of the normal 75 mins). But on Sunday (5 hours), it was still 30 mins.

A lot of money was left on the table. Great for us watchers. But there must be a story there that isn't being reported.

*Advt times are from comskip.
post #16 of 36 Old 04-12-2015, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

The story is Rory was 3 over par in the second round and had to shoot a 31 to make the cut. He was 15 under for his last 45 holes. Could be his preparation didn't work where Jordan played right up to the tournament. Jordan is the best putter I've ever seen and if you call it "IT" he has it. He has the golfing brain of a much older touring pro. He is special and so is Rory. And don't forget the most talent on the tour Dustin Johnson.

Last edited by oldcband; 04-12-2015 at 05:51 PM.
post #17 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I was happy to see Tiger not only finish a tournament, but do fairly well on top of it. Hopefully that wrist injury he had near the end wasn't too serious.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
post #18 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Can hardly wait for the U.S. open in June. Speith's driving seems tailor-made for that tournament and his putting, as mentioned, is spectacular. If Lefty can continue to drive accurately, he can compete, but Tiger's atrocious driving must improve by a large margin. Rory has proven his abilities at the Open. I would personally like to see Dustin Johnson contend because his natural gifts are a thing of beauty when "on." The U.S. Open has a long history of propelling unexpected contenders to the top, so that could be a real possibility too.

I don't know much about this new venue in the rotation, Chamber's Bay, in Washington State, but it was mentioned that Seith's caddy calls it his home course. That should be good for a couple shots.

One thing for sure, only Jordan Seith has a chance at a Grand Slam this year.

Last edited by Distorted; 04-13-2015 at 08:09 AM.
post #19 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Saw an article online Thursday and I agree with it. it's 2015 the Masters needs to loosen up some on letting the tv partners have more content to show instead of the mid afternoon start times on the weekends and lunch time on Thursday/Friday.
post #20 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
the Masters is the premier sporting event to watch on tv. they limit the commercials because they want the best possible experience for the fan. unlike football and basketball where the stoppages of play from commercials, timeouts and the dreaded "reviews" are making it less watchable every year. and i love watching football and basketball btw. Augusta golf club is sitting on a gold mine but refuse to cash in on it.check out these lunch prices:

pretty awesome
post #21 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I don't think the Club, or its blue-blooded members, need the money.

The Old Fossils make the rules, and to their surprising credit they've kept those concession prices stable for many years. I don't think they've gone up since the mid-80's when I was going down there for practice rounds. I just figured they get enough money from CBS and ticket sales to comfortably pay for the tournament. When the female member controversy was raging, CBS didn't even air commercials at all one year!

Nobody except the members really knows what the dues are at Augusta National. I've heard they are assessed whatever it takes to keep the course in immaculate condition (plus CBS's $). One year Rae's Creek flooded and caused extensive damage to the course including washing the 11th green out of existence. This happened in November. By the time the tourney rolled around 5 months later, you couldn't tell anything had ever happened. Completely repaired and rebuilt. Amazing.
post #22 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

This Masters was the most benign Augusta CC you'll ever see. The rain Wednesday made the greens manageable to putt. They have a subsurface air flow technology that pushes air up in the greens and creates a vacuum to drain the water faster. But it still left slower greens this week which I'm sure the committee didn't want. I don't believe you'll see an easier Augusta than this years course.

post #23 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
This Masters was the most benign Augusta CC you'll ever see. The rain Wednesday made the greens manageable to putt. They have a subsurface air flow technology that pushes air up in the greens and creates a vacuum to drain the water faster. But it still left slower greens this week which I'm sure the committee didn't want. I don't believe you'll see an easier Augusta than this years course.
Actually, Augusta CC (Country Club) is a golf club adjacent to the National, where the local plebeians play. You can see part of one of its fairways behind the 13th tee of AN. Compared to Augusta National, it's a muni.
post #24 of 36 Old 04-13-2015, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes I see Augusta CC is a muni.

Last edited by oldcband; 04-14-2015 at 05:43 AM.
post #25 of 36 Old 04-16-2015, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

RBC Heritage 1st Round Tee Times (all times Eastern)

1st Tee

7:10 am : John Huh, Dudley Hart, Billy Hurley III
7:20 am : Bryce Molder, Blake Adams, Gozalo Fernadez-Castano
7:30 am : Chad Campbell, Jason Kokrak, Branden Grace
7:40 am : John Merrick, K.J. Choi, Kenny Perry
7:50 am : Alex Cejka, Brian Harman, Kevin Stadler
8 am : Steven Bowditch, Ken Duke, Martin Laird
8:10 am : Ben Martin Seung-Yul Noh, Chasson Hadley
8:20 am : Kevin Streelman, Derek Ernst, George McNeill
8:30 am : Scott Verplank, Luke Guthrie, Andres Gonzales
8:40 am : Andres Romero, Spencer Levin, Brice Garnett
8:50 am : Freddie Jacobsen, Brendon de Jonge, Zac Blair
11:50 am : Jeff Overton, Graham deLaet, Scott Langley
12 pm : Johnson Wagner, Ricky Barnes, Jim Renner
12:10 pm : Bo Van Pelt, Martin Flores, Joost Luiten
12:20 pm : Chris Kirk, Jonas Blixt, Boo Weekley
12:30 pm : Robert Streb, Ben Crane, Louis Oosthuizen
12:40 pm : Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Matt Kuchar
12:50 pm : Webb Simpson, Graeme McDowell, Ernie Els
1 pm : Nick Taylor, Camilo Villegas, Stewart Cink
1:10 pm : Aaron Baddeley, Jason Bohn, Robert Allenby
1:20 pm : Cameron Tingale, Daniel Summerhays, Anibran Lahiri
1:30 pm : Richard Sterne, Cameron Smith, Scott Vincent

10th Tee

7:10 am : Sean O'Hair, Russell Knox, Troy Merritt
7:20 am : Robert Garrigus, Chris Stroud, Kevin Kisner
7:30 am : Nicholas Thompson, Daniel Berger, Tony Finau
7:40 am : Sangmoon Bae, Scott Brown, Rory Sabbatini
7:50 am : Charley Hoffman, Bredon Todd, Justin Leonard
8 am : Bill Haas, Billy Horschel, Jim Furyk
8:10 am : Brandt Snedeker, Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter
8:20 am : Russell Henley, Luke Donald, Tom Watson
8:30 am : Jhonattan Vegas, Chez Reavie, Hudson Swafford
8:40 am : William McGirt, Tim Wilkerson, Andrew Svoboda
8:50 am : Derek Fathauer, Marcel Siem, Gunn Yang
11:50 am : Carl Pettersson, Pat Perez, Adam Hadwin
12 pm : Jerry Kelly, Brian Davis, Morgan Hoffmann
12:10 pm : Glen Day, Carlos Ortiz, Justin Thomas
12:20 pm : Matt Every, Jason Dufner, Mark Wilson
12:30 pm : D.A. Points, Mike Weir, Charles Howell III
12:40 pm : James Hahn, Woody Austin, Vijay Singh
12:50 pm : Michael Thompson, Lucas Glover, Charl Schwartzel
1 pm : David Hearn, Danny Lee, Tongchai Jaidee
1:10 pm : Ryo Ishikawa, Brian Stuard, Michael Putnam
1:20 pm : Charlie Beljan, Johnathan Byrd, Jeff Maggert
1:30 pm : Sam Saunders, Corey Conners, John Faidley

post #26 of 36 Old 04-17-2015, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Graeme McDowell and Matt Every (-5) Tied for First going into the 2nd round of the RBC Heritage

Round 2 Tee Times

1st Tee

7:10 am : Carl Pettersson, Pat Perez, Adam Hadwin
7:20 am : Jerry Kelly, Brian Davis, Morgan Hoffmann
7:30 am : Glen Day, Carlos Ortiz, Justin Thomas
7:40 am : Matt Every, Jason Dufner, Mark Wilson
7:50 am : D.A. Points, Mike Weir, Charles Howell III
8 am : James Hahn, Woody Austin, Vijay Singh
8:10 am : Michael Thompson, Lucas Glover, Charl Schwartzel
8:20 am : David Hearn, Danny Lee, Tongchai Jaidee
8:30 am : Ryo Ishikawa, Brian Stuard, Michael Putnam
8:40 am : Charlie Beljan, Johnathan Byrd, Jeff Maggert
8:50 am : Sam Saunders, Corey Conners, John Faidley
11:50 am : Sean O'Hair, Russell Knox, Troy Merritt
12 pm : Robert Garrigus, Chris Stroud, Kevin Kisner
12:10 pm : Nicholas Thompson, Daniel Berger, Tony Finau
12:20 pm : Sangmoon Bae, Scott Brown, Rory Sabbatini
12:30 pm : Charley Hoffman, Bredon Todd, Justin Leonard
12:40 pm : Bill Haas, Billy Horschel, Jim Furyk
12:50 pm : Brandt Snedeker, Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter
1 pm : Russell Henley, Luke Donald, Tom Watson
1:10 pm : Jhonattan Vegas, Chez Reavie, Hudson Swafford
1:20 pm : William McGirt, Tim Wilkerson, Andrew Svoboda
1:30 pm : Derek Fathauer, Marcel Siem, Gunn Yang

10th Tee
7:10 am : Jeff Overton, Graham deLaet, Scott Langley
7:20 am : Johnson Wagner, Ricky Barnes, Jim Renner
7:30 am : Bo Van Pelt, Martin Flores, Joost Luiten
7:40 am : Chris Kirk, Jonas Blixt, Boo Weekley
7:50 am : Robert Streb, Ben Crane, Louis Oosthuizen
8 am : Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Matt Kuchar
8:10 am : Webb Simpson, Graeme McDowell, Ernie Els
8:20 am : Nick Taylor, Camilo Villegas, Stewart Cink
8:30 am : Aaron Baddeley, Jason Bohn, Robert Allenby
8:40 am : Cameron Tingale, Daniel Summerhays, Anibran Lahiri
8:50 am : Richard Sterne, Cameron Smith, Scott Vincent
11:50 am : John Huh, Dudley Hart, Billy Hurley III
12 pm : Bryce Molder, Blake Adam s, Gozalo Fernadez-Castano
12:10 pm : Chad Campbell, Jason Kokrak, Branden Grace
12:20 pm : John Merrick, K.J. Choi, Kenny Perry
12:30 pm : Alex Cejka, Brian Harman, Kevin Stadler
12:40 pm : Steven Bowditch, Ken Duke, Martin Laird
12:50 pm : Ben Martin Seung-Yul Noh, Chasson Hadley
1 pm : Kevin Streelman, Derek Ernst, George McNeill
1:10 pm : Scott Verplank, Luke Guthrie, Andres Gonzales
1:20 pm : Andres Romero, Spencer Levin, Brice Garnett
1:30 pm : Freddie Jacobsen, Brendon de Jonge, Zac Blair

post #27 of 36 Old 04-17-2015, 04:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

One more reason to love Jordan Spieth -- he's playing the Heritage this week. No Masters winner since Zach in '07 - another "regular kinda' guy" - has played there.
post #28 of 36 Old 04-17-2015, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
after shooting 74 on Thursday, Spieth bounces back with a 62 today . the kid can play.
archiguy likes this.
post #29 of 36 Old 04-18-2015, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Round 3 Tee Times

8:15 am: Tom Watson, Andres Gonzales
8:24 am: Steven Bowditch, Martin Laird
8:42 am: Danny Lee, Robert Allenby
8:51 am: Robert Streb, Charl Schwartzel
9 am: Brandt Snedeker, William McGirt
9:09 am: Bill Haas, Billy Horschel
9:18 am: Charley Hoffmann, Alex Cejka
9:27 am: Cameron Smith, Scott Brown
9:36 am: Jason Bohn, Charlie Beljan
9:45 am: Ryo Ishikawa, Brian Stuard
9:54 am: Webb Simpson, Nick Taylor
10:03 am: Chris Kirk, Boo Weekley
10:12 am: Ricky Barnes, Jason Dufner
10:21 am: Brian Harman, Carl Pettersson
10:30 am: Daniel Berger, Sangmoon Bae
10:39 am: Daniel Summerhays, Scott Vincent (a)
10:48 am: Martin Flores, Joost Luiten
10:57 am: Zac Blair, Pat Perez
11:06 am: Hudson Swafford, Freddie Jacobson
11:15 am: Luke Donald, George McNeill
11:35 am: Brendon Todd, Ian Poulter
11:45 am: Ben Crane, James Hahn
11:55 am: Brice Garnett, Brendon de Jonge
12:05 pm: Bryce Molder, Ben Martin
12:15 pm: Jim Renner, Vijay Singh
12:25 pm: John Peterson, John Langley
12:35 pm: Blake Adams, Branden Grace
12:45 pm: Aaron Baddeley, Sean O'Hair
12:55 pm: Lucas Glover, Stewart Cink
1:05 pm: Justin Thomas, Bo Van Pelt
1:15 pm: Kevin Streelman, Jerry Kelly
1:25 pm: Louis Oosthuizen, Jordan Spieth
1:35 pm: Morgan Hoffman, Matt Every
1:45 pm: Kevin Kisner, Jim Furyk
1:55 pm: John Merrick, Graeme McDowell
2:05 pm: Troy Merritt, Matt Kuchar

post #30 of 36 Old 04-19-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Jordan Spieth is going to be in the hall of fame when its all said and done. But if you look at his weaknesses like his long iron play he's not going to be a Tiger Woods or a Jack Nickalaus. Rory has already won 4 majors at age 25 and a great driver of the ball (probably the best of all time) and great long iron play. And Rory could be the next one to surpass Jack's 18 majors. Don't get me wrong Spieth is going to have a great future. But Spieth's young nerves will get shaky some day and putting will not come so easy happens to all of them. I predict six or more majors but probably no more than eight. There's only five players with eight or more majors, that's why I say no more than 7-8 majors. Also look at Tiger's amateur days 3-world juniors 2-US junior amateurs and 3-US amateurs. Nickalus also was a great amateur.

Last edited by oldcband; 04-19-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming