AVS Forum banner

"The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story" on FX HD

11K views 342 replies 53 participants last post by  igreg 
#1 ·

The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story is a limited series that takes you inside the O.J. Simpson trial with a riveting look at the legal teams battling to convict or acquit the football legend of double homicide. Based on the book The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin, it explores the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court, and how a combination of prosecution overconfidence, defense shrewdness, and the LAPD’s history with the city’s African-American community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt.

From Executive Producers Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski and Brad Falchuk, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story stars John Travolta, Cuba Gooding Jr., Sarah Paulson, David Schwimmer, Courtney B. Vance, Sterling Brown, Nathan Lane, Kenneth Choi, Christian Clemenson and Bruce Greenwood. The limited series is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.

For more information about "American Crime Story" please visit the following websites.

Official:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/american-crime-story/extras

IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788432/

Official "first look" by FX Networks:

You can watch "American Crime Story" on FX starting on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 9:00 PM CST.

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
REAL KILLER, BS. I am a USC fan and was one long before that arrogant jerk-off. I'll bet there are not a lot of people that can tell you were they were for the white ford bronco freeway chaise, they and the choppers were so close that we could see them go by, I was hosting a pool side party cookout. This show will be about the same as the one about the Manson murders, plane junk.

#7 ·
I had a lot more interest in this before I realized that it comes from Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, the hack screenwriters behind underwhelming bio-pics The People vs. Larry Flint, Man on the Moon, and Auto Focus (not to mention Problem Child and That Darn Cat).

I'll still give it a shot, but with reduced expectations.

#9 ·
It is hard for me to come up with something that I am less interested in seeing let alone care about than something OJ related. The idiot was guilty and got away with murder....end of story.

#14 ·
I was shocked when I read a story about this show. One juror voted not guilty just as payback for the Rodney King trial. Also, OJ had a Kardashian on his defense team ,enough said.

#105 ·
I think Kardashian became his attorney just so he could not be called to testify against Simpson. Some sympathy for him because Kris got bored with him, with the proverbial "I love you," but I am not "In love with you," and then proceeded to have an affair with a 23-year old man.

#32 ·
Easy there, whippersnapper .. I watched the Moon Landing and the Kennedy Assassination .. ;)

I'm still on the fence on this one, but will likely give it a chance .. it just seems like a re-hash of a re-hash ..

Reactions: 73shark
#42 ·
I'm probably not going to watch this because I have no interest in re-visiting the story and don't really have the time. But I hope CGJ does a good job as O.J., although the reviews I've read said he's kind of a minor character.

He was a fascinating guy. I think he was actually able to convince himself that he was not, in fact, a murderer. He just removed himself from this reality and wove himself another one. He had kind of been doing that his whole life, to a degree. O.J was used to making himself whatever he thought he needed to be to be accepted by white society at large.

People create alternate realities that are more comfortable for them all the time, of course, but he took it to an amazing psychological extreme.

#44 ·
He was a fascinating guy. I think he was actually able to convince himself that he was not, in fact, a murderer. He just removed himself from this reality and wove himself another one. He had kind of been doing that his whole life, to a degree. O.J was used to making himself whatever he thought he needed to be to be accepted by white society at large.

People create alternate realities that are more comfortable for them all the time, of course, but he took it to an amazing psychological extreme.
How is it possible to convince one's self of not having stabbed someone to death?:confused:
The guy was an ACTOR...nuff said.;)

the commercials keep hyping this up to include things that the public never knew about- what OJ said during the Bronco chase and other secrets never before revealed...probably just hype though
My guess too.

#54 ·
If the bra doesn't fit, you must acquit!

You can't let the defendant have control of the key piece of evidence. Plus, she's trying it on over a leotard, of course a bra's not gonna fit over a leotard. A bra gotta fit right over a person's skin. Like a glove!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.