Forum Jump: 
 4371Likes

post #2011 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 2746
Giants-Eagles wasn't great but enjoyable. Giants tried to give it away but were foiled by failed calls by Eagles HC; good to be on the other side of that for a change.
chadsmith013 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
Flex already started - 1 set of rules for wks 5-9 & another for 10-15 - but unless a games is really a dog it wont get flexed.

was the Oakland vs Denver game flexed by NBC?...I don't think they could have predicted that the Raiders were going to be this good before the season began...I was surprised to see them featured on the NBC Sunday night game
post #2013 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2175 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
Smith was already down in Jax as a coordinator..before Atlanta...not sure if they would have him back...could be more of the same..

I could see McDaniels though...he could be a good fit.
Yeah, but he left Jax to be the HC of Atlanta. I would say he was pretty successful. Smith could bring in someone like Norv to straighten out Blake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
Eric....I couldnt help to notice you said "us" and "we"

are you officially back???

yeah maxwell does look really bad at times..but he has played some solid games..we need Xavien Howard back asap though.

and I love me some Landry..he is a beast.
Ummm, aaa, ummmmmm......I misspoke. Yeah that's the ticket.

I don't think I ever truly left. I just have been disappointed by the head coaches. Gase wasn't someone I was thrilled to see take over. Lets face it they haven't hired a whos who of head coaches in the last twenty years.

It looks like Revis is now saying Landry was the one trash talking and inciting the Jets to commit unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I guess he has to do something to keep his name in the spotlight. Maybe Revis should send out a search and rescue to find out where Revis island went to? The bottom of the Bermuda Triangle?
chadsmith013 likes this.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience

post #2014 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
was the Oakland vs Denver game flexed by NBC?...I don't think they could have predicted that the Raiders were going to be this good before the season began...I was surprised to see them featured on the NBC Sunday night game
Nope that was the sched game - with carr & cooper there were some good signs at end of last yr so guess nbc thru them a game.

Again SNF has 19 games so 38 slots to fill gotta mix it up.

post #2015 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2470 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
Finally got to see the Raiders, and they were very impressive. The long-suffering fans of Oakland are about to get really, really screwed just as their team is about to flourish, and the taxpayers in Los Vegas are going to get screwed on the other end.
From what I understand, Sheldon Alderson wants a controlling interest in the Raiders for "allowing" them to move to Las Vegas and I don't see Davis doing that. Given that Alderson basically owns that town, without his consent the move won't happen. But then again, this is the Raiders, never say never.

And yes, the Raiders really have a great young core to be competitive for some years to come, Carr has turned out to be the top QB pick of the 2014 draft.
post #2016 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
Liked: 4122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
From what I understand, Sheldon Alderson wants a controlling interest in the Raiders for "allowing" them to move to Las Vegas and I don't see Davis doing that. Given that Alderson basically owns that town, without his consent the move won't happen. But then again, this is the Raiders, never say never.
Modern day Moe Green.
Keenan and cardoski like this.
post #2017 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

And yes, the Raiders really have a great young core to be competitive for some years to come, Carr has turned out to be the top QB pick of the 2014 draft.
I find it strange that this is coming to light now. Shelly can cry about it, but I am sure he will make plenty of money off of the deal without ownership.

I don't understand why the Vegas stadium costs 1.9 billion dollars. Dallas and NY were cheaper than that. Atlanta's new stadium is projected to cost 1.4 billion. Why the expense on the Vegas stadium?

post #2018 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3867 Post(s)
Liked: 3958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
I don't understand why the Vegas stadium costs 1.9 billion dollars. Dallas and NY were cheaper than that. Atlanta's new stadium is projected to cost 1.4 billion. Why the expense on the Vegas stadium?
Have you ever been to Vegas? Why, the giant gilded Spinx's in the plaza will probably cost a few million each.

And when all the toilets are flushing during a game, the water level in Lake Mead will probably drop a foot or two. If there's any left in it by then. Vegas is about 3 years away from a really, really serious water crisis.

This is such a bad idea from every angle.
slowbiscuit, Nayan and JoeNc like this.
post #2019 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Way cool that a steady stream of Eagles defensive starters walked over to shake hands with Eli at the end of yesterday's game.

Eagles almost immediately cut the clown who after practice tried crossing the WW Bridge carrying a loaded handgun. Class team.
chadsmith013 likes this.
post #2020 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
I find it strange that this is coming to light now. Shelly can cry about it, but I am sure he will make plenty of money off of the deal without ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Have you ever been to Vegas? Why, the giant gilded Spinx's in the plaza will probably cost a few million each.

And when all the toilets are flushing during a game, the water level in Lake Mead will probably drop a foot or two. If there's any left in it by then. Vegas is about 3 years away from a really, really serious water crisis.

I was thinking it would be for environmental control being in the desert.

But looking at the Cardinals stadium in Phoenix, that only cost $500m or so in today's dollars.

Surely construction costs haven't tripled in one decade.
post #2021 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I give my best friend a hard time about every chance I get. Utah and Western Colorado need a hurricane just to get Powell and Mead to dangerous levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
I was thinking it would be for environmental control being in the desert.

But looking at the Cardinals stadium in Phoenix, that only cost $500m or so in today's dollars.

Surely construction costs haven't tripled in one decade.
They are trying to make more elaborate palaces and as Archi said it is Vegas so it has to be over the top. Still, Jerryworld was less expensive and he went overboard. He has the Cowboys to fill it up along with other events. Add to that it is Dallas with a lot more people. NY is well NY, so I can see the price there. I am sure labor cost is double what it is in Vegas.

Davis is probably the least rich owner in the league. It seems really risky to extend himself like this. Of course, that may be what Shelly wants, so he can swoop in and save the day.

post #2022 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1516 Post(s)
Liked: 2101
Quote:

I don't understand why the Vegas stadium costs 1.9 billion dollars. Dallas and NY were cheaper than that.
Vegas would only have 65,000 seats, which would make it one of the smallest in the NFL, and 15,000 fewer than Dallas. People on the West Coast know a heck of a lot more than I do on this subject, but isn't this a power play by Davis to get Oakland to find ways to pony up the money for a new stadium?
post #2023 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5029 Post(s)
Liked: 11607
Our new stadium cost a tad over $1B and seats almost 67,000. We have the Super Bowl next year and also the X games, Final Four and various concerts coming up. Metallica was the first. No need for gilded Spinx's. We have the Odinforce!

post #2024 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2470 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Vegas would only have 65,000 seats, which would make it one of the smallest in the NFL, and 15,000 fewer than Dallas. People on the West Coast know a heck of a lot more than I do on this subject, but isn't this a power play by Davis to get Oakland to find ways to pony up the money for a new stadium?
Yes, basically, Davis doesn't want to leave Oakland at all, but they clearly need a new place to play. The trouble is, there is no way that the city of Oakland or Alameda County is going pony up anything for such a venture and I don't blame them, there are far more important things that need that money(like training their law enforcement officers not to play with teenage prostitutes. ). These teams need to pay for their own playgrounds, not induce the tax base to subsidize them and then charge that same tax base huge sums of money just to go see the games. I've been a Raider fan since the beginning(an OG fan ) and they've left before and they'll leave again, so be it, but I absolutely do not think that there should be any public funds used to build a new venue. Complicating the issue is the 49ers claiming the Peninsula as their market which eliminates the possibility of the Raiders moving to a venue on the west side of the bay, this is the same issue the A's baseball team has faced, the Giants blocking them moving to the South Bay area such as San Jose/Santa Clara.
Distorted and bmcn like this.

Last edited by Keenan; 11-07-2016 at 02:40 PM.
post #2025 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:

This is a good point. Las Vegas depends on all the states around them for there water. Vegas is a 150 miles away from Lake Powell and it's having issues because of climate change. Read about Glen Canyon Dam drying up. BTW if you ever want an impressive vacation go to Lake Powell it's the most majestic place I've ever been.

These are just my opinions.
post #2026 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked: 1307
Raiders should just share a stadium with the Rams...it's worked great for the Jets and Giants for many years
post #2027 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Raiders should just share a stadium with the Rams...it's worked great for the Jets and Giants for many years

The plan was to have the Chargers share with the Rams. I don't know where any of that is now, but the Raiders got on the bad side of that deal a while back.
post #2028 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Good one, but "15 Years of Lousy Football..." remains immortal.
chadsmith013 and cardoski like this.
post #2029 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...The trouble is, there is no way that the city of Oakland or Alameda County is going pony up anything for such a venture and I don't blame them, there are far more important things that need that money(like training their law enforcement officers not to play with teenage prostitutes. )....
This presents another interesting conundrum for the Commissar. The league office opposes a team in LV due to gambling, yet its popularity in large measure is due to gambling and many team owners and league tv nets invested in the online fantasy.

Private financing is carrying a significant amount of debt to build the new yard in Atlanta. Davis apparently isn't trying hard enough to duplicate this in Oakland, which isn't exactly a smalltime market.

Last edited by bmcn; 11-07-2016 at 04:39 PM.
post #2030 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like we got us a shootout on our hands tonight pards.
Keenan and Nayan like this.
post #2031 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tom Brady "unbelievable winner...great guy." That removes all my doubts.
post #2032 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Seahags and the officiating? What was that before halftime?

New strategy if a game winning kick is being attempted go offside and hit the kicker. That way he has to leave for a play--so bogus...
Nayan and cardoski like this.
post #2033 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBee View Post

New strategy if a game winning kick is being attempted go offside and hit the kicker. That way he has to leave for a play--so bogus...

The over officious jerks in the zebra stripe shirts are staining the entire game.
Aliens, BGLeduc, Nayan and 1 others like this.
post #2034 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

All I can say is WOW. It doesn't matter if he went for the ball or not, he still hit the kicker. Plus, he knew he was offsides. He was three yards in the backfield before anyone else even moved. For some of you Patriot haters that think they get away with murder, the Seahawks seemingly get away with something every week and then justify their actions.
Aliens, BGLeduc, HairyBee and 2 others like this.

post #2035 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5029 Post(s)
Liked: 11607
The Bills were screwed.

post #2036 of 4720 Old 11-07-2016, 10:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Interesting article today by David Chao. He said most players are around 80% healthy at this time of year. The Falcons should be a lot healthier than that entering December. They play three games over twenty four days in Nov. Atlanta played last Thursday and play the Eagles this coming Sunday. They then have a bye before playing the Cards. Unless they go in the tank, the Falcs should go 10-6 or 11-5.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ury-reporting/

post #2037 of 4720 Old 11-08-2016, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBee View Post

Sequence explains why league doesn't want a team in LV.
post #2038 of 4720 Old 11-08-2016, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 688
I get a phone call last night from by brother last night asking me "did you see that Sherman running into the kicker"? I told him no because I watching something else, this is the first time my brother has ever done this. He played college football and loves the game, I told him I see a pattern like others have said here and he agreed. In the NBA when the refs become noticed it's considered a poor officiated game. Same here the NFL needs to clean this up quickly.
JoeNc and cardoski like this.

These are just my opinions.

Last edited by oldcband; 11-08-2016 at 06:48 AM.
post #2039 of 4720 Old 11-08-2016, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The pattern is that it's always something in Seattle and it always favors the hags. Then those offic-holes stand over the ball while the clock is running. WTH.
oldcband likes this.
post #2040 of 4720 Old 11-08-2016, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 1122
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
I get a phone call last night from by brother last night asking me "did you see that Sherman running into the kicker"? I told him no because I watching something else, this is the first time my brother has ever done this. He played college football and loves the game, I told him I see a pattern like others have said here and he agreed. In the NBA when the refs become noticed it's considered a poor officiated game. Same here the NFL needs to clean this up quickly.
the solution is so simple....make the refs full time employees...

i cant understand for the life of me why that hasnt happened yet.
Nayan and bmcn like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page