• 1 Post By rebkell

Old 05-11-2016, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Stitchers on Freeform HD

I searched for a thread on this show and came up empty. Is no one watching? I really enjoy it. It has Claudia from Warehouse 13 and Alison from Eureka as two of the main characters. I guess it's pretty much a tweener, but I'm there watching every week. Found the 1st season on Hulu and I've been hooked ever since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2016, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I've been watching from the start. Almost missed the special episode last Halloween. I hope they are almost done with the characters keeping secrets from each other. Writers may think it adds drama or mystery but it just annoys me.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
Old 05-11-2016, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Is no one watching?
Maybe I am the third person. Actually, the ratings have 356,000 viewers of last week's show; last season's average was 823,000 viewers. In the 18-49 demographic, last week was 0.13 vs. last season's average of 0.33.

As best as I can tell with my limited Googling skills, no decision had been announced about the renewal or cancel for Season 3. However, it is unusual for ABC Family FreeForm to renew a show with a rating for the 18-49 demographic to be at or under 0.25. While many factors can influence a show's renewal, a very major factor is the rating for the target demographic, so I doubt that we will see our team stitching into any more dead brains after two more episodes. (Season 2 scheduled to end on Episode 10, to be aired May 24, 2016.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
I guess it's pretty much a tweener, but I'm there watching every week.
If it is a tweener, I'm almost half a century outside of the target demographic. That means my viewership doesn't count on whether or not the show gets renewed. On the other hand, now having retired, I have time for such guilty pleasures.

I have been watching it since S1E1 in the first week of June, 2015.

It's been a fun ride.
ltownsend likes this.

My very humble setup:
Spoiler!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post

If it is a tweener, I'm almost half a century outside of the target demographic. That means my viewership doesn't count on whether or not the show gets renewed.

It's been a fun ride.
Same here, maybe it's just not being targeted to the right demo. LOL I agree it's probably gonna end after this year, maybe they'll wrap up the daddy storyline. I'll miss it if and when it's gone, it's actually one of the very few programs that I watch the actual night of showing.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
If it is a tweener, I'm almost half a century outside of the target demographic. That means my viewership doesn't count on whether or not the show gets renewed. On the other hand, now having retired, I have time for such guilty pleasures.

I have been watching it since S1E1 in the first week of June, 2015.

It's been a fun ride.
Likewise. I used to embarrass my son with some of the things that I watched.

Any form of Sci-Fi usually requires some background knowledge that youth seems to lack.
ltownsend likes this.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
It is background filler here.

While we're chatting about it... has anyone noticed that it tends to run over its time slot? I'm not sure how much (because the recordings are cut off) but it seems like it's only a handful of seconds.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeow View Post

While we're chatting about it... has anyone noticed that it tends to run over its time slot? I'm not sure how much (because the recordings are cut off) but it seems like it's only a handful of seconds.
I haven't noticed, I usually catch it in the buffer, I just flip over before the show is over, but I just checked the two episodes I still have on the DVR and both recordings I have were complete including next weeks previews, both had the start of the 700 club.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeow View Post

I don't notice since I pad recordings then edit before watching. Looking at several raw recordings however, and it looks like the last episode of Stitchers ran exactly 1 hour (within single digit seconds) to the start of the credits while other shows run 1 hour to the end of the credits.

The actual content (including credits) was 42:00

Old 05-12-2016, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 713
I've also been watching from the beginning. I thought it started off good but not great, but has tweaked the characters just enough to make for a very good show. I hope they keep it on for a 3rd season.

WDTV Live SMP with WD EX4100 NAS
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB, Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR, Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Panasonic SA-HE100 AVR,Technics SL-B20 Turntable
Old 05-17-2016, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

At the end of tonight's show, they said next week was the Spring Finale, doubt that means much, but it sounded better than Season finale. I really hope some crazy exec decides to give this show at least one more run. I'm the eternal optimist.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, that was definitely the proverbial cliffhanger ending. What's up with the texts Maggie was getting from Baghdad? I always thought Cameron's girl friend was a bit fishy.

Is Mom alive?

The writers definitely seemed to have another season planned. All we can do is hope for a miracle renewal.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

In case you missed this in the Hot of the Press thread, we got the miracle renewal. It sure took long enough.

TV Notes (Cable)

‘Stitchers’ Renewed for Season 3 at Freeform
By Elizabeth Wagmeister, Variety.com - Oct. 7, 2016

“Stitchers” has been renewed for a third season at Freeform.

The announcement of the pickup was made Thursday during a Facebook Live chat on the series’ official Facebook page.

“Stitchers,” the young-skewing cabler’s first-ever procedural drama, follows a young woman (Emma Ishta) who is recruited into a secret government agency to be “stitched” into the minds of the recently deceased, using their memories to investigate murders and help solve mysteries before they go to the grave.

“’Stitchers’ passionate fanbase has been vocal about wanting to see more of this show, and we listened,” said Freeform’s executive vice president of programming and development, Karey Burke. “’Stitchers’ has proven itself a consistently strong performer, and we’re proud of the fact that it celebrates #smartgirls everywhere.”

The series ranks as Freeforms top new series of the past two TV seasons, behind “Shadowhunters,” among adults 18-49. It’s also a strong digital performer, ranking as the third top original series on digital platforms, behind “Pretty Little Liars” and “Shadowhunters.”

Along with Ishta, stars are Kyle Harris, Ritesh Rajan, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Allison Scagliotti and Damon Dayoub. Exec producers are Jeffrey Alan Schechter, Jonathan Baruch and Rob Wolken.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stit...rm-1201880244/
Mark12547 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement