Animal Kingdom June 14, 2016 TNT - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt L
  • 1 Post By Matt L
  • 1 Post By WaTaGuMp
  • 1 Post By mgkdragn
  • 1 Post By Matt L

Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1519 Post(s)
Liked: 1796
Animal Kingdom June 14, 2016 TNT

Animal Kingdom June 14, 2016 TNT

Saw that episode One was available on Amazon Prime for a free stream .. looks promising .. not that I need another show, but I will check this one out .. kind of an odd name .. makes me think of a Disney theme park

Animal Kingdom is an upcoming American drama television series developed by Jonathan Lisco. It is inspired by the 2010 Australian film by David Michôd who is executive producer for the series, alongside Liz Watts who also produced the movie.

Number of episodes: 10

http://www.animalkingdom.tntdrama.co...om%20tv%20show

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 06-02-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 197
TNT ran it late one night, odds are after one of their many, many basketball games, not sure if I want to bother with it. It's part of the new edgier TNT, the characters seem to have no redeeming values, and I found them a bit annoying. Struck me a bit like Bloodlines on Netflix, I had to force myself to get through the first season, not so sure about the second, lots of unlikeable characters.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The movie was very good.

But I am wary of being on TNT, which I don't think has a track record of producing high-quality dramas like say an AMC, A&E, or FX.
I'll have to check out the reviews to make sure it isn't just a dumbed-down knockoff of a very good film.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2745 Post(s)
Liked: 1895
In this show, stupid unsympathetic criminals doing reckless and stupid things as well as perpetually lying and crossing each other, but somehow not getting caught (yet?). I won't be back.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I, like many, have a 3 episode rule. I honestly am not sure I will wait for the 3rd episode. I found it uncomfortable sitting though the second one. Not quite sure what the point of the show is -- that bad people do bad things? I think we know that. That J grows up and becomes the head of a crime syndicate? I have the next episode set to record, difficult call if I will watch.

On another note, saw the previews for the upcoming TNT shows, and they all look to be in this vein, I see myself watching much less TNT.
primetimeguy likes this.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I was really hoping for something that might have a bit of the early flavor of "Sons of Anarchy" .. I'll stick with it a bit more, but with me, I believe most Premiers try and put their best foot forward at the get go, and if this is as good as it gets, well .. we'll see ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 938
I didn't even bother sticking around for the whole first episode. Since I almost always give 3 episodes and even when I don't, I pretty much always at least see the first episode through, that's saying a lot.

Maybe if the main character were younger to perhaps increase the sense of danger. Or maybe if it dealt with the criminal family being in the burbs and going about their illegal activities with them knowing. As it is, I'm not interested.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 322
I am not hating it so far, but its like Point Break meets Dumb and Dumber at times. I have had enough of naked man butt though.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Old 06-26-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4183 Post(s)
Liked: 3493
Not horrible, but I can see people looking for a positive "hero" type which as of yet has not been revealed. The closest we have is the kid who is trying to balance his life. For sure reminds me of watching Point Break from the criminal side of things.

Sent from nowhere
Old 07-01-2016, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Still enjoying the show, it does seem they are trying to add some more shades of grey to the characters.

Sent from nowhere
Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow, more than a month with no new comments. I have to admit against my better judgment I got sucked in and watch the whole thing. Did not expect the twists at the end. Lots of room to go in various directions next season. All I can say is Smurf is one bad MF...
Ph8te likes this.

Last edited by Matt L; 08-09-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've been watching and enjoying it. I didn't see the "twist" at the end coming, although I guess eventually with enough chatter we would have figured it out (maybe not detailed as it was). I'll watch season 2 of it comes back, the "limited commercials" were an extra bonus and the countdown timer was especially helpful when FFW through the breaks.

Sent from nowhere
Old 08-10-2016, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 322
I gave up a few weeks ago.
Stereodude likes this.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I stayed with it .. Smurf has enough Gemma Teller to make it interesting .. it's pretty much over the top and TNT is really pushing the edge, getting very close to HBO / Showtime series styling .. truth is, it's really a Family Criminal Soap Opera .. not many layers, very little in the way of nuance, just basically in your face badassery ..

If it gets renewed, I'll tune in again next year ..
Ph8te likes this.

Uncle Willie

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

It has been renewed...

I was leery of it at first, but it grew on me. Once I got past the fact there were no "good" characters just varying degrees of criminal I settled in for the run, and actually missed it when it was done. Have to agree it's more in the HBO vein, more like The Sopranos than TNTs other shows.
Ph8te likes this.
Old Today, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I really liked Season 1 and look forward to next year. While none of the characters are inherently "likeable", there were moments when you really felt for some of them. I don't care for Finn Cole as J, though -- find him a little flat amidst the other actors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement