AVS Forum banner

Stranger Things on Netflix

59K views 847 replies 144 participants last post by  WilliamR 
#1 ·
Anyone going to start watching this one? I think it looks pretty good.

#146 ·
Some of these sites crack me up. There are so many now popping up saying they have all the easter eggs from the new trailer and that they have 8 things you probably missed in the trailer.

So they go into detail of each scene and post a still pic. One is them dressed as Ghostbusters and they are like, You probably missed this call out to the Ghostbuster's franchise. Uhm.... no it was obvious they were wearing the uniforms. They go on to say things like, does this mean the young kids are going to try and fight the demon with these weapons. Seriously? It was Halloween. Wow, anything to try and get people to come to their site (and I fell for it).

#147 ·
I hope they add HDR for season 2!

Carter

#148 ·
This is kinda cool. Reminds us they're still kids after all.

The video, which was posted to the Instagram account of cast member Noah Schapp (Will), shows the kids screaming
and jumping for joy upon seeing the first footage of season 2 that’s been presented to the public. The video appears to
have been shot at the house of one of the actors, probably during a Super Bowl party.

#151 ·
You sure it's not just a nefarious upside-down projection of the other kid without his ball-cap into your mind? Maybe she is just as cropped as last time.

Otherwise please step over there ... I do not comment on female hairstyles, and most certainly not ones with [mind-powers]. "If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans." :p

v/r,
C-F

#157 ·
I hate how long Netflix takes to release a second season of a show. They didn't even do it a year after the first we have to wait a year and 3 months (it premiered in July, 2016). Bummer. Looks like another 3 months before we get to see the next season.

#158 ·
Well, let's put it this way, it takes time to write, preproduction, shoot, postproduction, etc. a program. Think about it, let's take Blue Bloods a CBS production. The season starts in Fall and ends in late Spring. The next season starts in Fall. No, it didn't take a year to start the new season. The difference here is that this show has episodes that are aired one week at a time. All of the writing, preproduction, etc. can be stretched out. Not so with Netflix. The entire season is available from the first day. that takes time. As it is, they have moved up the start date by four days. The original start date was supposed to be Halloween.

#170 ·
The show's creators, Matt and Ross Duffer (a.k.a. the Duffer Brothers), are eagerly awaiting the show's release on Netflix...before fans consume the latest episodes, though, they have one request: adjust the settings on your TV...in a recent interview with Vulture, they expressed frustration at the common pre-sets on modern televisions..."Us and everyone in Hollywood puts so much time and effort and money into getting things to look just right,” said Matt in the interview, adding, “and when you see it in someone’s home, it looks like it was shot on an iPhone."...what he's referring to, of course, is "motion interpolation."...

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/the-duffer-brothers-upside-down-journey-to-stranger-things.html

#171 · (Edited)
Stranger Things 2 returns to Upside Down with new monster, bigger story

The Duffers have envisioned the return as not so much a second season but a movie sequel..to that end, when the show comes back it will have the cinematic moniker Stranger Things 2...“When we started describing it as a sequel, Netflix was like, ‘Don’t do that, because sequels are known to be bad,’ ” says Matt...“I was like, ‘Yes, but what about T2 and Aliens and Toy Story 2 and Godfather II?’...

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/stranger-things-2-cover-story/

*click on thumbnail to enlarge

#173 ·
Oh no, two dollars!!! Lol