AVS Forum banner

Bull on CBS

4K views 64 replies 27 participants last post by  Mike Lang 
#1 ·
What can I say, overly produced procedural on CBS --what else is new. One and Done for me...

#3 ·
Much as I liked the Dinozzo character, the Bull premise has no appeal for me. Glad there's a thread to follow though to see if I'm missing something.

I actually haven't put a single new show on my schedule this fall. I had a dozen or so last year and ditched the whole lot right out of the box except Blindspot and Limitless where I stuck it out until the holiday break...

#9 ·
Unless "Bull" starts taking some pro-bono cases it will be one filthy rich defendant after another. Can't imagine anyone other than a multi millionaire affording anything close to that level of background work. Sends a message to the average person that they are screwed by our legal system.

#14 ·
I can't remember anything this bad ever. The reporter on USA Today had this one done to a tee. Really bad. No Bull. If this lasts 3 weeks then I'm a monkeys uncle.
Start buying bananas!

It's on CBS, got 15 million viewers and a 2.2 rating. It isn't going anywhere for a while.

#19 ·
Took about 10 seasons for me to get tired of the Tony character.

Took about 10 minutes for me to get tired of the Bull character.

The premise of the show is just boring and will get old really fast.

Wedged between NCIS and NCIS:NO is the only way this show will have a chance of making it.

#20 ·
The wife & I watched because we both like Weatherly and found the only thing appealing about the Bull character is Weatherly himself. The character he plays though is an improbable know-it-all and an ass, so nix on this one for me. My wife wants to give it another chance.

As a career trial lawyer, these kinds of shows have a high threshold to cross with me, and the magical qualities of this jury consultant taking over the case border on comical.

#29 ·
I don't know if I would call this show "overproduced", as in the comment above, but it does not seem to be a premise with staying power.

I don't mind overmuch when they stick to civil cases, but AFAIK, the second episode was about criminal negligence on the part of a female airline pilot, and the first was about an actual (fictional) crime.

I know I am being naive, and that jury consultants actually exist and they do probably get off defendants who don't deserve it. I also despise Dr. Phil. But I prefer to keep my illusions about the criminal justice system and I have decided to give the show one more episode. If it proves to be about another crime (versus a civil proceeding), I am not watching a fourth episode. (My DVR stopped recording right after the "Next Week" splash screen, so I really don't know what it's about.)

#31 ·
If the innocent always are found innocent and the guilty guilty then show is lame. It needs to be realistic.......in that good lawyers(they imply that this science is near foolproof), etc can and do get guilty people off.

Waiting for a episode where a clearly guilty person is found innocent due to this jury "science" and manipulation.

If they try to make this another good guys always win and bad guys always lose TV show then no thanks.

#33 ·
Amused by this week's episode (2/6/18)

My wife's father and one of my best friends (2 different people) were air traffic controllers. They have a very tried-and-true method for handling planes should the computer systems fail. Because they do (or did) fail rather frequently. I've been in the tower when it happened and they just don't bat an eye. Took me a while to get past the initial premise. Not that there weren't other things that struck me as wrong.

Plus - at least when I was up there - there's nothing to hack. Tower computers didn't talk to anything.

#35 ·
Radar, for the most part. It can also identify the plane by the plane's transponder, but that's no more "talking" to anything than your car's computer getting the tire pressure from a sensor in the valve stem.

By not "talking to anything," I meant that they don't communicate externally. There's no way for a hacker to access the system unless he's actually IN the control tower. To bring down a control tower computer, you'd have to just unplug it. Can't access it any other way. Unless a lot of things have changed, which I doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.